Chapter One

It's All Lies

Read this while listening to this song ---> IT'S ALL LIES

 

Melissa feels that any minute she will go crazy.  It’s been an hour she tries to call Daehyun.  Daehyun didn’t answer all her calls.  Every time Melissa tries to contacting Daehyun, her call must reach to the voicemail.  Melissa sighs.

 

She sit at her bed and looks at his orange clock.  Right now it’s show exactly 10 pm.  Where did Daehyun go?  She thought to herself.

 

Melissa looks at her reflection at the mirror in front of her bed.

 

“Am I really that ugly?” Melissa touches her big glasses.  She looks at her face, hair and her dress.  She feels sad when looking at her reflection.  From little Melissa uses to receive hate from people.  All the children who have the same age as her will call her ugly.  It is because Melissa uses to wear glasses and unusual clothes, people don’t want to get near to her.

 

At that time she hears noise at the corridor.  She feels scared when there were a knock at the window.

 

“Melissa?  Are you there?” one voice asks form outside.  Melissa knows that voice.  She quickly goes and opens the door.

“What are you doing here?” ask Melissa when she saw Daehyun.

 

“Argghhh..   It’s so cold,” Daehyun walk inside Melissa’s bedroom.  Without Melissa permission, Daehyun sit at the bed.

“You’re shaking.  Here,” Melissa takes the blanket and put it at Daehyun’s body.  Daehyun must be so cold because Daehyun wear thin clothes although it was snowing.

 

“How did you climb to my room?” ask Melissa curiously.

“I climb using the tree beside the corridor,” Daehyun explain it.  Melissa didn’t believe, she goes to the corridor and look for the tree.  It true!  It has a big tree beside her room.  Melissa come inside and sits beside Daehyun.  She looks at Daehyun’s face.

 

“What?” he asks coldly.

“Why don’t you answer my calls one hour ago?  When I call you, it must reach to the voicemail.  What are you doing at that time?”

“See.  My battery is dead.  That the reason,” Daehyun take out his handphone from his pocket and show it to Melissa.

 

It’s all lies.  I know you were lying to me.  Melissa can’t say that sentence.  She know that Daehyun will come to her went he want to.  And Daehyun will ignore her went Daehyun don’t want to see her.

 

Sometimes Melissa didn’t know why Daehyun chose her as his girlfriend.  Melissa knows that she was ugly and Daehyun is good looking guy.  There so many young girls who want Daehyun but Daehyun still choosing her.

 

It’s been three year they were dating but Melissa never hears romantic words from Daehyun’s mouth.  Sometimes Melissa will ask Daehyun about their relationship.  Is she is his girlfriend or is she just his friend.  Daehyun will say that Melissa is her girlfriend.  But Melissa never feels that.  Daehyun was so cold when with her.

 

______________________________

 

Melissa was walking alone.  Today she didn’t know what to do.  Her parents were going out to their friend’s house.  It was so boring to be at home.  Melissa is the only one child in her family.  So Melissa did not have any siblings that can she talk or argue with.

 

Melissa walk and walk without know her destination.  She go to the place where her foots takes her.  When she walks, everyone will eye her.  She feel shy went people keep staring at her.

 

“I know I’m weird but stop staring at me,” she just can say it slowly.  Suddenly she stops in front of one club.  Melissa’s eyes were glue to something.  She didn’t believe what she sees right know.

 

Right in front of her is Daehyun with other girl.  Melissa heart hurt to see Daehyun hugging that y girl.  Not only that, Daehyun bravely kissing that girl in front of many people.  Melissa starts to cry.  Although she was Daehyun’s girlfriend but Daehyun never hugged or kissed her before.

 

Melissa want to run away but she can’t.  Her legs can’t move at all.  Without noticing her, Daehyun walk away from the club.  Melissa follows Daehyun from behind.  She needs an explanation.  Before this, Melissa just hears about Daehyun from other people.  She keeps ignoring those stories.  Melissa didn’t think that Daehyun will have other girl.  But right now, Daehyun were with other girl right in front of her.  Her heart was hurt so much.

 

 “Who is this girl?” Melissa asks when she stops Daehyun from walk away.

“What are you doing here?” Daehyun ask coldly.

 

“I ask you, who are this girl?” she asks one again.

“This is Nadia.  Why?” Daehyun answer without hesitate.  He put his hand at Nadia’s shoulder.

 

“Who is this ugly girl?” ask Nadia with ignorance face.

“Just some random girl that I knew,” Daehyun says.  Those word were hurting Melissa so much.  Her tears were falling down.