The Proposal

The Proposal

"Aish! Oh my god! is the preperations ready yet? Did I book the restarunt? The ring? What about the...." thoughts rushed through Minho's mind as he waited for the arrival of his girlfriend, No Jaemin. 

Yes, today is the day that he is finally going to propose to her. He decided that after dating the girl five years, it was time for him to go on his knees, and as they say, "pop the question". He was sure that Jaemin was the one that he wanted in his life, and he had spent days preparing after he made his decision. From the venues to the ring, he made sure that it was perfect, that he needed to be in this attire, at this time, at this street, waitng for the girlfriend. Just perfect. But despite that, the frog faced male could still feel his heart beating rapidly, and as the wait streches longer, the more paranoia he falls into.

"What if she doesn't come, and we're late for the reservation?" He thought.

"No, wait. Is she not coming because she caught on and doesn't want to marry me?" He thought again.

"Then, she doesn't like me? Or am I just not husband material?" And again.

"But, I even bought a ring, ring.. WAIT where's my ring?! Ring? Ring. Ring!" The boy panicked as he frantically pats around his whole body, down to his pockets.

And they say, women are insecure.

...

His mad trance was interupted by the loud screeching of tyres from a blood red BMW that pulled up beside him. The ride reaveled the leading lady of the night - No Jaemin.

No Jaemin, Minho's soon to be wife - that is if she accepts. The lady dawned on a beautiful baby blue mini cocktail dress that beautifully complimented her slightly tanned and flawless skin. Alongside her straight black hair that fell lightly on her shoulders the little details of swirls match with a small puff at the end of the dress brought out her perfectly shaped curves and toned legs. She was outstandingly beautiful. Well, at least to Minho she is.

Minho stared at his girlfriend as she strutted towards him in her white ankle strapped heels. The girl has always practiced to walk in the highest of heels as she was really short compared to the towering Choi Minho, and although that was one of her plus points, she still worked hard to better match her boyfriend's eye level and Minho can tell that she has perfected it. To him she was the one and only perfect woman for him.

"Oppa!" Jaemin called out as she approached her boyfriend who didn't respond.

"Wae? Is it that bad?" she asked giving a small pout as she looked at her distracted lover.

"Ani!" Minho said slightly shocked at the question.

"Jaemin neomu yeppeoyo!" He said slightly louder before covering his mouth in embaressment.

The girl laughed as she spots passerbys shooting weird looks towards her partner.

"Heh, gomawo~ Though, you don't look that bad yourself." Jaemin commented, giving the other a peck on the cheek after she scans his outift. 

Minho was clad in a black dress shirt, no tie, and his top button open. Topped with a maroon blazer and a pair of black jeans, it was a look that ranged in the middle of formal and casual. His friend has helped to pick it out for him as he was too out of his mind with all the prep and he was glad that Jaemin liked it.

"Come on," Minho said pulling his girlfriend along as a sign for her to stop checking him out.

"I made reservations at our usual." he said hopped into the driver seat after opening the door for his girl.

...

The couple arrived at their usual restaurant which Minho has specially booked for them only. It had great ambience and good music which was perfect for dates. They weren't rich, but they were well enough. Though he got a slight look from Jaemin, Minho decided that in this case, it was money worth to be spent and that she would understand later anyways. He then pulled out the chair for Jaemin and took the seat opposite as he signaled the waitress to start their course.

"Is there a special occasion today?" Jaemin asked, sensing something, but not quite putting her finger on it.

Minho's head snapped up as he hears her question.

"Erm.. No, wae?" he said as he calms himself in his mind.

"Breath, Minho, breath." The man thought to himself.

"There's nothing wrong, don't give yourself away."

The girl tilted her head.

"Hmm, nothing, maybe its just me." she said as she lets out a small chuckle before tilting her head again - an obvious sign of suspicion.

Minho could almost hear the gears turning in his head as he thinks of an excue.

"Can't I treat my girl to something nice once in a while?" he managed, words smoothly rolling of his tongue.

"Yes! Smooth Minho, yeah you're smooth~ Calm down, we can do this." The man told himself as he celebrated his silent victory with a bright smile.

 

Jaemin blushed a little as she smiled at the comment. But before she could respond to anything, a loud crashing sound could be heard from the kitchen. It startled both customers as Jaemin turned to the kitchen and then back to Minho, who was frantically trying to signal to the waitress for the "situation". 

"What was that?!" Jaemin asked, slightly shocked.

Minho on the other hand, had a really uneasy expression.

"Erm, heheh." he started.

"Yeah, I'm also not sure.. So, I'll go.. erm... Check on the food?" He said before running off to the kitchen, leaving behind a confused Jaemin.

...

"HYUNG! What are you doing?!" the frog faced male exclaimed as he entered the kitchen only to witness a pool or gravy on a floor.

"Minho yah!" said the guy on the floor covered with gravy.

"The chef got really irrtated by Taemin and I, so he stormed off.. without finishing the food." Jinki continued with an apologetic pout.

"He WHAT?!" Minho wanted to shout but, lowered his voice at the last minute as he was reminded of his girlfriend still outside.

"But! I'm whipping something up!" his friend defended as he stood back up, gesturing to the plated steak on the counter that was just lacking some gravy.

"I just slipped a bit." He said with a small grin before proceeding to get more gravy from the pot.

 

Minho let out a small sigh of relief after seeing everything back to normal.

"Just a slip Minho, nothing big. You're worrying about nothing." he said to himself, calming down as he scanned the kitchen.

"Jinki hyung is not that bad of a cook too.. yeah. Its-" Hold on.

"Hyung. Where's Taemin?"

"Oh, Taemin?" his hyung answered as he scooped the last bit of the gravy into the gravy boat.

He went to the toil-" the elder froze his actions as he turned to his friend, both their eyes widening at the same time.

The gents was outside.

...

As realisation hits, Minho hurried out of the kitchen, only to be greeted with the sight of the Maknae sitting in HIS seat. He hurries closer only to see a slightly flustered Jaemin who was giving Taemin kind reactions knowing that the latter was Minho's friend. She was laughing lightly at a small joke before the other was so brutally ripped off the seat and shoved back into the kitchen by her lover, startling her in the process.

"Oppa! What was-" Her words were cut off as Minho grabbed her hand lightly, lacing their fingers together as he led her out of the restaurant.

 

"And the food is ser-" the man grew quiet as he was greeted by an empty table with no one around. 

He look saddened for a moment before letting a small sigh, which was all that is needed to get him cheerful again.

"Yah, Taemin-ah!" He called as he turned back for the kitchen.

"I have steakk~~"

...

Once the couple was settled in the car, Minho turned over to look at his girlfriend who looked back at him with a puzzled look.

"Mian." He said.

"Erm.. We'll go somewhere else, something went wrong in the kitchen." Minho explained as he started the car, reaching over to the lady's belt, and fastening it.

"You're not too hungry are you?" 

Jaemin could always sense the geuine tone that laced Minho's voice whenever he talked to her, and she would always smile for him. 

She grabbed onto his hand that was still on the end on her belt and smiled brightly. 

"Ani. I already ate a little before I came." she said.

Though it was a lie, it was a white one that she was willing to make to see him smile again. In love, nothing comes without sacrifices, it only depends on how much and how far you're willing to go, and this, was too small to be even counted anything.

 

"Well, I hope at least this will go well." Minho thought nervously as he drove off to their next destinantion.

...

Once upon a time, there were two dorks on location. One was named Kim Kibum and the other, Kim Jonghyun. Despite the same family name that they hold, they had really different views on things.

"I SAID USE PINK YOU IDIOT!" screamed a loud voice.

"AND I SAID NO! TAKE THOSE DOWN!" another voice was heard.

Stubborn. That was the word to describe them.

"NO! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO USE THOSE FOR THE TABLE YOU IDIOT!"

"NO," Kibum rebutted.

"YES!" Jonghyun goes.

"NO!" Kibum.

"YES!" Jonghyun.

Although they were the bestest of friends, putting them together can also make the worst team that you can find. Well, in this case that is.

 

"I SAID THEY LOOK NICER UP HERE." 

"I SAID THIS IS BETTER!" Jonghyun snapped.

"DAMN SHUT UP, YOU STUPID DINO HEAD! WE NEED TO GET THIS DONE!"

"AISH YOU!"

"Oppa!" ...

Now, that caught the attention of the two bickering idiots as they're eyes widened.

"What a coincidence! Why are you guys here?" Jaemin asked cheerfully as she approched them, leaving behind a face-plaming Minho.

"Trust them to get anything right." His mind told him sacarstically, as he lets out a long sigh.

 

Shocked by their arrival, Kibum jumped off the table that was beside the almost decorated tree, before grabbing the his friend by the neck and hurdling together with the other.

"Why are they so early?" Key whispered to the dino head beside him urgently.

"How would I know?! Eottoke?" An equally frantic Jonghyun replied.

"Run." Key said as he stood back up straight.

"Mwo?" the confused blonde said.

"I SAID RUN, YOU FREAKING BLOCKHEAD!" the brunette exclaimed again, pulling along the other as they ran away from the scene.

"Eo? Oppa! Where are you going?!" Jaemin shouted as she attempts to catch up, but failing desperately with both of them already out of sight.

...

"Idiots." Minho thought as he watched the scene unfold.

"This is so screwed." He said softly to himself, finally catching up to where Jaemin was.

Though the disappointment in his voice did not go unnoticed by the girl as she pulled him down to meet her eyes.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" Jaemin asked as she eyed her boyfriend, who then adverted his eyes completely.

With wavering eyes, the man slightly closes his eyes before reopening them with a small sigh. He then faces his girlfriend straight in the eye.

"Oh Lord, do have mercy on me." was his last prayer.

...

Minho kneeled down on the grass patch as he took out a blue velet box, leaving the lady stunned for a second.

"Oppa, What ar-"

No words could be exchanged as he opened the box revealing a beautiful turquoise ring. 

It was a simple silver band that came together at the front of the ring, connected by a fairly sized turquoise stone with the nuance of the clear light blue skies. Due to its opaque nature, its beauty was further justified by the ring of diamonds that lined around the slightly oval shaped stone. Turquoise was not only symbolises Jaemin's birthmonth, it also symbolised the union of the skies and the seas and the holy spiritual bind between a man and a woman.

"Oppa." Jaemin could only let out a small whisper as she stared at him in shock.

"Well," Minho slowly started.

"Its been five years and I wanted to make it a memorable proposal, but, everything turned out well, you know.. bad." The two can't help but grin a little as they recall previous events of the day.

"But," the man continued.

"I still hope that you can feel my sincerity and accept my honest feelings for you." 

By this time, Jaemin already knew what was coming as the pieces in her head slowly starts to fix together. From the start of their date, all the way till now. She was, well, overwhelmed.

"No Jaemin" Minho started again after gaining more confidence.

Making sure to match their eyes together, he continued, "I can't guarantee to be the best you'll ever meet,"

"But, would you still marry me? I can guarantee to do the my bestest for your happiness."

 

With tears formed and threatening to fall from her eyes, Jaemin looked down at her boyfriend who was kneeling in front of her and asking for her hand in marraige. She was so happy, it felt surreal. The genuine sincerity that reflected in his eyes, and his courage to take the first step into another chapter of both their lives touched her at the same time. 

"Of course, I do silly. You ARE the best I'll ever meet." Jaemin replied with her last bit of sanity that was not blown away. A wide smile played her lips as she reached her left hand into Minho's waiting ones.

With that, Minho slipped the silver ring onto her finger and finally got off the ground, only to swoop his soon-to-be wife of her feet and twirled them in rounds happily. To say that he was happy was an understatement. He was super happy, elated, over the moon- well, you get the idea, and these feelings, work vice versa.

A marriage can never be just for one. You're in it for two. You're in it to turn two, into one.

The couple rejoyced and was delighted by the fireworks display that started shooting up behind them. Their laughter, singing a melodious song, and their smiles painting a beautiful canvas.

...

"Well, At least we did that right." Jonghyun said.

The two were watching the scene while hiding behind a bush at the back where the fireworks were set, and the proposal has gotten his dramatic friend crying tears while grabbing onto him. Oh, joy.

"So Sweett~~" chorused a second pair of idiots from their back, who has been there, from the start actually.

Everyone was just too engrossed to notice anything, so, the ended up scaring the hell out of Kibum.

 

"YAH YOU GUYS! OMG. THAT SCARED THE FREAKING HELL OUT OF ME!" the diva screamed as he clutched his dino friend harder.

"SHHHHHH!!" the three shushed him.

"AISHH! YOU DON'T SHUSH ME!!" He exclaimed again after he regains his composure.

"Yah! Kim Kibum, you idiot!"

...

The four were soon bickering behind the bush in their attempt to 'hide'.

"They do know we can hear them right?" It was more of a statement than a question, coming from the future bride-to-be.

"Just let them be. All you have to think of now, is me." Minho said as he proceeded to turn her around and hugged his fiancee from the back. His arms wrapping around her shoulders and his chin sitting comfortably against her cheeks.

They stayed like that for a bit more before Minho decided to comment with a playful grin, "Well, they're definately not planning our wedding."

"YAH! I HEARD THAT!" shouted the 'bush'.

"I EVEN CHOSE HIS SHIRT! WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON THAT FROG FACE, I'M GONNA-"

"AISH! SHUT UP KEY!"

 

The couple laughed lightly as they turn back to the stars in the sky. They knew that they would always be happy together, till death do them part.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Ellos my lovelies <3 Mai here ^^

This is really short, because I was just really bored. hehe :))

Really hope that it was likable :D