An Unexpected Event

Just Another Foreigner

"Aiiiggooo~" I let out a big sigh.  Ive just finished unpacking my bags. Why did I bring so much stuff? I packed two suit cases of clothes, and another  suit case of nessicites I though would be handy. Say my favorite shampoo and conditioner, perfume, make-up and last but not least. Bras. Yes I know it may seem silly, but considering I plan on living here, and I'm a bit more chesty then most asians, Ive decided to pack a lot. You can never be sure what to expect, so I came prepared. Well Ive finished unpacking, what to do now... 

I decided to go on a little walk around my neighborhood, to see what it was like. I took my hair out of a pony tail and let it go loose, my long blonde hair went to about my waist. It's curly and beautiful. I touched up my make-up a little bit. I put on one of my outfits I ordered from a Korean website, so i'd go with the trend a little better, I was wearing a well fitted dress, it was light pink and had little black designs, and a pair of black flats, I dislike wearing heels because I'm already quite tall.

It was beautiful out, it was around 9 pm. So as you can imagine it was sort of dark, but I decided to go anyway. I passed quite a few people on my little walk. They all kind of stared at me, I dont think It was a bad stare, but In Seoul, there are quite few foreigners. I guess it was kind of a shock to them when I would say " Anyong haseyo~"  and all the would do is stare at me and say " yeongmali aju johayo!!!" (Authors note: that means "Your Korean is very good!!" ^-^) And I was pretty good at Korean, so I'd say "naneun yeolsimh gongbu daedanhi gamsahabnida!" Even though I wasnt fluent, I was still getting the hang of it. ( Means: "Thank you Ive studied hard"^-^) Then I would bow and continue on my walk.

It seems Ive walked a little far, I think I'm lost ... I knew what street my apartment was on, but I didnt know where that street was.. This is bad.. I checked my watch, it said it was 11pm, "NO WAY, IVE BEEN WALKING FOR 2 HOURS?!" I shouted. It didnt seem like it at all! So I decided to start walking up to people on the road and asked them where my street would be, but most of them were drunk. I couldnt get a straigh answer out of any of them.

I started feeling scared, I didnt know what to do. I sat down on the curb, hoping for a taxi to drive by. But then, I was tapped on the shoulder, I was shocked when  turned around. All I saw was Choi Min Ho staring at me, he kind of did a double take them took my hand to help me up. I was starting to talk, but he interupted me and said " You're not from around here are you? Do you need help? " I stared at him with my mouth half open, I didnt know Choi Min Ho could speak English so well !?! When did this happen? I was such a fan girl of SHINee when I was younger. Watching all the shows they've been on. Buying every single album they had. Okay back to reality, I should answer this guy. " You speak English? Hurray~!" I said, pretending not to know he was a famous celebrity or anything. He chuckled. " Yeah I started studying it a little while back, so are you lost or something? I mean you dont look like you're from around here." He said. " Yeah... I'm kind of lost, I just moved in today." I replied. He smiled and said " You know your adress right?" and he chuckled. I laughed and replied" Yeah I just dont know where the street is, could you help me out? " 

He knew where my street was, and we started walking. All I could think was " How lucky am I to be walking home with a celebrity who'm I idolize ?  I'm the luckiest girl in the world." I kept smiling to myself. He asked me, " So whats your name? " and smiled. I felt like I was going to faint, his smile was so charming I couldnt handle it. " Its Rose " I replied, " Such a beautiful name, like yourself, It suits you well."  He said. Okay thats it I cant handle this anymore, good thing it was dark out or he might see my cheeks all red. I giggled and asked, " So whats your name? " And he replied " Min Ho " I still couldnt believe it, I'm talking to Choi Min Ho. I replied casually "That name sounds farmiliar, but where have I herd it before."   Trying to . It didnt seem to work though because then he asked. " So how old are you? "  In korea I'm 19. But in Canada i'm 18, so I thought I would just say 19. " Im 19, how old are you? " Min Ho replied " I'm 22, Guess that means you'll have to call me ' Oppa' " Right after he said it, I looked at him and he had this big grin on his face staring at me. All I said was " Alright Min Ho Oppa~" And he laughed. Weve reached the outside of my apartment. So I guess I'll have to say good bye. As I was turning to go up the steps, he said " Do you have a cell phone? If so I'd like to give you my number."  Before I turned around I basically screamed with joy inside. I said " Yeah I do, Its in my room, will you wait a moment while I go get it? " He said with a smile " Okay" I ran up the steps, and I was back outside in a matter of minutes, we exchanged phone numbers, and then we went seprate ways. 

Later that night I got a text, I got up of my chair and checked my phone, it was from Min Ho. I couldnt believe it I ran around my room screaming for a few seconds before I even checked what it said. I opened the message.

"TO: Rose
Hey Rose, You're a really nice person, would you like me to take you around Seoul for a day so you can see it? Since you just moved in and all. Also I'd like to get to know you better. Have a good first night ! :)  -Min Ho
FROM: Min Ho"  

I screamed " EEEEEEEEEEE!!~~~"  Was Min Ho asking me out? I couldnt believe it. I was so happy! I replied to the text right away.

"TO: Min Ho
Sure I'd love to go look around Seoul with you! When are you free?
FROM: Rose" 

My phone vibrated again a minute later, I guess he wasnt busy. 

"TO: Rose
I'm not doing anything Tuesday, Are you good for then?
FROM: Min Ho" 

"TO: Min Ho
Yeah I'm free! Alright see you Tuesday. Goodnight:) !
FROM: Rose" 

"TO: Rose
Goodnight :)
FROM: Min Ho  "

I went to lay down now, It was 12 am,  All I could do was keep staring at these text messages. Slightly scream little "EEE's~!" Every now and then.  I fell asleep with my phone in my grasp, smiling.