⌈07⌋ Dangerous

Code Name: Into The INFINITE Abyss

☩ Woohyun's POV ☩

"It's kind of stuffy, don't you think?" I let out a chuckle, trying to brighten up the atmosphere.

It's futile, of course, when you're in the same room with stubborn geniuses. Not to mention we're in the basement, getting ready to meet Leviathan and get the answers that we need.

Dongwoo is the only one who responds my rhetorical question, "The more the merrier, right?"

Ah, he is the only one who understands the joy of being together. Even sometimes I question myself if this team of us will ever bring me joy.

"Because there are too many extras here," Myungsoo grumbled under his breath, gaining glares from the others.

It's kind of funny and interesting how both Michaels are short-tempered. Myungsoo has been known as childy prodigy since he was a little boy but, well, he is more infamous with his sharp tongue.

"Glad you notice," Yoseob scoffs with sarcasm in each of the word. "You can leave right away, you know. We won't mind."

A knock stops them from throwing another word. The only lady among us just thump the door with her fingers as if we're visiting a friend.

"I really don't mind questioning Leviathan by myself," Sara gives us a wink. "Although I agree it's a little bit too crowded here. It will be such an entertaining view for Leviathan if we argue in front of him."

Taking her words in mind, Sunggyu heaves a sigh, "I know. L, you should stay outside."

"What?!" Myungsoo frowns with disbelief while, at the same time, Yoseob lets out a smirk of victory. "What the-"

Yoseob's smirk doesn't last a second when Doojoon states the same, "Yoseob, you should stay outside too."

"What?!" he reacts exactly the same with Myungsoo. They can be twins for all their similarities.

"Uriel and I will step in. Sariel will be needed because her twin brother is our main target. Dongwoo, please assist us in case there's something we probably miss inside," Sunggyu looks at the rest of us and his gaze lands on Hoya. "Hoya, do you mind?"

I slip my hands in pockets, whistling a short note as Hoya considers his answer.

"Yeah."

 


☩ Hoya's POV ☩

Sunggyu pushes open the door that brings us to Leviathan. The man is tied to a chair with rope. His hands are locked with a special handcuffs.

Dongwoo closes the door as he is the last person to step in the room, leaving the others outside as five of us meet the criminal face-to-face.

"You guys are so slow," Leviathan rolls his eyes, giving us a mocking smile. "Seriously. The others have probably gone to another continent while you are trying to interview me."

"Oh, Leviathan, we're not in a rush," Sara speaks up and I can see Leviathan is taken aback with what he sees before his eyes.

It must have reminded him of his leader. After all, Sariel and Lucifer are twins who stand on different paths.

"Has my brother been good to you?" Sara bows down slightly, levelling her eyes with Leviathan's. "Or maybe you envy him as you take the role of Envy among the others?"

Leviathan laughs as though the girl just told him a joke, "Asmodeus' ex-girlfriend, aren't you, little lady?"

"We're the one who will give questions, not you," Sunggyu cuts off. Contrary to Sara's statement, we all know that we're running out of time somehow.

Three Princes of Hell are out there somewhere with an unknown plan. We have fourteen brains here and each of us will be facing consequences if we fail this mission.

"I'll make it quick, Leviathan," Doojoon takes the first question. "Where are they?"

Leviathan raises his eyebrow, "You think I will answer that right away? You think I'm a moron? Wow, Seven Archangels are so naive for-"

A gunshot.

Sara just fires her gun to the wall. The bullet passed Leviathan's head, an inch from his hair. We're as stunned as Leviathan, widening our eyes at the girl.

"I will be very thankful if you answer our question, Sir," Sara winks, lowering her gun a little. "I might miss the next one. The bullet may land on your forehead."

"You won't dare," Leviathan retorts bravely but it's obvious he feels threatened.

"Try me," Sara tilts her head, closing one of her eyes to take the precision of angle to shoot. "In case you forget how cruel Lucifer can be, I can help you to remember."

This girl is the worst enemy one can have.

 


☩ Sunggyu's POV ☩

The whole room is silent after Sara fired the gun out of nowhere.

Looking at her face, I still have no idea what kind of agent she is. No, even to figure out her as a person is difficult.

Months of studying the Seven Archangels' profiles, Hoya has the hardest time due to Hae Sara's complex profile. She is so young yet talented. She is smart but far from conservative. Too unpredictable and, the Minister once said, dangerous.

If it's Myungsoo or Yoseob who fired the gun, I won't be this surprised. They're well know for being impatient and they would choose any kind of way to end the interrogation as fast as possible.

Then again, Sara pulled the trigger without us being aware of it.

I take a quick glance of Doojoon and, despite the fact that it's obvious how surprised he is, Doojoon doesn't scold her. In fact, he takes that chance to repeat my question, "Where are the other Princes of Hell?"

Leviathan his upper lip, positioning himself to be comfortable, "Why don't you try to guess? I mean... You're the Seven Archangels and... Let me see. NIS?"

Dongwoo and I straighten our bodies. He is not supposed to know our identities. Our team is formed after their case was closed three months ago.

"Surprise, surprise," Leviathan laughs. He looks satisfied with my reaction. "But, NIS guys, we have nothing to do with you. If there is anything, Seven Archangels are our VIP guests."

Dongwoo throws me a questioning look but I can't say a word. I shake off my train of thoughts and choose a question, "Someone helped you out from Eden, right?"

The Prince of Hell who represents Envy nods simply, "Of course."

Doojoon is going to continue the interrogration but Leviathan takes his time first, "You know, it must be irritating to be together with an imitation group. Seven Archangels's capability is questioned even by the President."

The provocation will not work for us. Seven Archangels and NIS only share one similar objective: finish the mission we're given.

They don't focus on working for government as we do and we don't take missions that don't benefit the country.

The interrogation is stopped abruptly when Sungyeol opens the door with panic and horror in his eyes.

"Lucifer is in the Blue House!"

 


☩ Myungsoo's POV ☩

"Smile a little, L," Woohyun pats my shoulder twice before taking a seat across from me. "You're the one who complained about the overloaded people down there."

I glare at him but he cares nothing about it. He takes out his phone and concentrates with the gadget. I roll my eyes and notice that Yang Yoseob, the Michael from Seven Archangesl team doesn't bother to take a seat.

We are in the living room after Sunggyu and Doojoon decided who could join the interrogation. I swear Sunggyu knows how to test my patience ever since we're in the same team.

Except for three of use, the others spend their time in a group, surrounding the table. I can't believe they're getting excited with a group conversation already.

"It's the latest technology!" Dongwoon claps his hands with excitement. "You guys have it? Seriously? Wow, and I thought Seven Heavens are cool enough!"

Sungjong and Sungyeol nod in unison, proud with their explanation of whatever they're talking about. Only Yong Junhyung who gets distracted after a minute of sitting. He says something to Hyunseung and gives Hyunseung a sign to follow him.

They approach Yoseob and whispers something that I can't hear. Yoseob shakes his head and our eyes meet, stopping him from answering Junhyung.

I don't like this.

I don't like the situation we're currently in. Something big is going to happen.

Suddenly the only phone in our headquarter rings.

Only one place that can give a call to that phone and there is never a good news coming from the ring.

"NIS," Sungyeol picks up the phone. None of us let out a voice.

A second, two seconds, three seconds. Sungyeol's eyes widened and he immediately slams the phone to its place. He rushes himself to the basement, not letting us to know what the call is about.

No one needs a command to follow him downstairs and we get the answer when Sungyeol informs Sunggyu, "Lucifer is in the Blue House!"

I stop my steps in the middle of the stairs and take a turn back to the first floor. I press the number combinations of another door which leads me to the cars.

Taking my black car, I jump in behind the wheel just to have another person entering my car. Yoseob takes the passenger's seat next to me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hiss.

"You lock the front door so I can't use my car. Drive," he replies, wearing the seat belt. "Unless you don't know how to get to the Blue House."

I'm really going to shoot him when I have a chance.

 

 * * * * * * * *
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 

Last updated 2 August 2013.

3 years have passed without me giving any update.
I'm so, terribly, sorry!
Hereby I give you a chapter on Christmas day!

Do you miss Sara? Do you miss the Seven Archangels? Because I do!

Feel free to drop any comment below or mention me at Twitter @AFFkyuri91.
 
Thank you for reading. :)