Chapter 2

The Real Me

The Song

Five days had gone by and there was only three days left until D-day. Suhae finished arranging her music for her song, thanks to the laptop her mother gave to her with amazing composing programs preinstalled. Now all she has do to is practice singing the lyrics.

 With Infinite, Teen Top, NU’EST, and some queenkas constantly hogging the music room after school, Suhae had no choice but to wake up extra early every morning to practice in the music room.

L.Joe, who goes to school early every morning to avoid his crazy fangirls, happened to walk by the music wing when he heard a sweet melodious voice.

Must be one of the queenkas he assumed. He tried ignoring it and way away, but the voice was too hard to resist.

Captivated, he started looking in each classroom for the mysterious singer.

He couldn’t find anyone in any classrooms, and the only place left to check was the music room. L.Joe tried twisting the doorknob, but it was locked from the inside.

After trying a few more times with no luck, L.Joe pouted with disappointment and walked away. As he turned the corner, Suhae unlocked the door and walked out, happy of her steady progress of preparing for finals.

 

---composition class---

 

Everyone groaned and Mrs. Park once again instructed a quiet work period for them to continue composing their song. Suhae sat at her desk and stared out the window.

She saw the same dove perched in the branch beside to window. It was looking at her, once again reenergizing her and making her feel peace. Suhae smiled at the bird and looked up towards the crystal clear sky.

Umma, did you hear me this morning? Thanks to the dove you sent me, I was able to create such a good piece.

Minhyun, who was sitting two desks away, saw Suhae smile and his heart felt at ease. He doesn’t like her; he just wants to see her live a happy normal life without the constant torture. NU’EST isn’t nice to Suhae, but they don’t collaborate with Infinite and Teen Top to bully poor Suhae.

Her smile is so sweet. It’s not fake like those annoying queenkas. Hm… I wonder what she’s thinking about to make her smile like that… Minhyun sighed and continued working. Seeing her genuine smile reassured him that she’s fine.

 

---next day---

 

Suhae woke up early to practice in the music room. During practice, she didn’t put a lot of energy into singing it because she wanted to take it easy until D-day. If she strained her voice from practicing too hard, it would be detrimental to her final grade.

L.Joe walked down the music hall and he heard the mysterious beautiful voice flowing from the music room again. As he turned the knob, he found out that the door to the music room was once again locked.

He was FRUSTRATED. Who is this person? And why did they lock the door? I want to see her face! T.T

As more students started arriving, L.Joe quickly scurried to his first class.

Suhae walked out of the room and tried to hide herself from the others, hoping they didn’t see her exit the music room. Unfortunately, a queenka saw her and walked towards her with rage.

That nerd dares to use the same music room as oppas!?!?! I need to teacher her a lesson!

“Yah! Kang Suhae!  Stand right where you are!”

Suhae froze in her steps and turned around only to be greeted with a painful slap. Suhae fell down from the sudden blow.

The queenka towered over her with fire in her eyes. “You think you can use the music room that the kingkas use HUH?!?! You think that you can get your dirty nerd germs all over the music room HUH?! ANSEWR ME!” she started kicking Suhae with her killer heels who weakly tried to block the attacks.

Suhae curled into a ball and just sat there with her head between her legs and new bruises forming, decorating her skin with patches of purple. “You better watch out Kang Suhae!” the queenka said before strutting away.

Teen Top, excluding L.Joe, walked by and snickered at her pathetic state.

Suhae silently cried.

Umma, am I really that worthless in their eyes? What did I ever do to them to make them treat me like this?

She ran and hid in the janitor’s closet until the end of the school day.

 

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

 

This chappie leads to the big ~ Sorry it sounds a little rushed. I wanted to hurry and finish so I can write the next chappie. As you can see, I'm really really excited to write the next chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you all enjoyed it (even thought it is horrible)! Comments are appreciated!