I Just Want To Show You Off

I Just Want To Show You Off

In case any of you haven't seen the video yet, click here--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO3cjsHz1xA

Really adorable and I just had to write something fluffy for it. The song that Hyorin and Thunder dances to is called 'Show you off' by Stevie Hoang. I'd suggest you listen to it whilst reading this as well. At least for the second half. It's a song made from perfection!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15SBlNC5bjc

Enough said, enjoy the oneshot!

~I Just Want To Show You Off~

Hyorin POV

I rolled over on my bed, luxuriating on the feel of the soft, fluffy sheets. But even that couldn’t improve my mood.

“Sanghyun…” I moaned, flopping my head onto my pillow. I glanced at my phone, sitting primly on my varnished wooden table, for the fifth time that night and sighed as absolutely nothing happened. “Why won’t you text me?”

I knew I sounded whiny – clingy perhaps – but I couldn’t help it. Sanghyun was my boyfriend, perhaps not publicly, but at least he should show some affection!

Brrrrng! My phone vibrated. In a flash, I swiped it up in my hand and tapped the screen.

[1 new message]

Sender: Bora-unnie

Want to grab dinner at our fave place?

I sighed and let the phone drop to the bed. It wasn’t that hated Bora-unnie or anything, but she had got my hopes up for nothing. Grabbing my jacket, I sent her a quick text, Sure thing unnie, see you in five, and let the door close behind me.

 

Cheondoong POV

I stared at my silent phone, fingers paused over the keyboard. What should I write? Hey? Hi? How you doing? Miss you?

Argh! Too familiar, too close, too formal, too romantic. All of them sounded wrong. I groaned and leaned back against the leather seat and turned my attention back to the stage. In five minutes, we would be having another interview and right now my biggest problem was what I should say to my girlfriend.

Damn, I rapped my forehead with one fist. So lame.

“Cheondoong, time to go.” Seungho alerted me. I sighed and dropped my phone back into my bag.

Guess I would have to text her later.

 

Hyorin POV

Me and Bora were sitting in our favorite little café down the street from our dorms. Bora was glowing, the chair next to her filled with shopping bags.

“Come with me next time, Hyorin.” Bora offered with a bright smile. I tried to match it, but somehow my lips weren’t feeling that receptive. I sighed.

“Sure thing, unnie.” I managed.

“What’s wrong?” she looked at me carefully, one hand lifting my chin and the other swirling her iced coffee. “You look so blue.”

I bit my lip. Should I tell her? But none of the other Sistar or mblaq members knew about our relationship. The price of being a kpop idol.

“It’s nothing, unnie.” I finally said, taking a sip of my coffee. Urgh, too bitter. “Just was feeling a little tired.”

Bora smiled at me sympathetically. “You’ve been working the hardest out of us all recently.” She praised me. But somehow it didn’t have the same glow as when Sanghyun said it.

“Thanks unnie.” I said in a dry voice. I lifted my head as an excuse, scanning our surroundings for any signs of fans that might mean we would have to cut our dinner date short. Then my eyes latched onto the TV. Sanghyun.

I in a breath and chewed my lower lip. Sanghyun!

He was so beautiful on screen, his currently black hair setting off his dark eyes. I could see all his little habits that I had grown to love over the past few months. The way he would twist his hands into his shirt when he was nervous, the way he would back off to let his hyungs do all the talking and the way he would burst out laughing when something truly amused him. God, I loved his laugh. I loved the reverberating manner of it, the brightness of it and the way he could never fake his laugh. His honesty shone through there.

Bora noticed me watching the TV. “Ah, it’s mblaq.” She quipped. “They’re looking good tonight.”

I could only manage a half-hearted uh-huh. My focus was on Sanghyun.

“So tell us Cheondoong,” The MC unnie noticed his quietness tonight as well. “What type of girls do you like?”

In the background I could hear the sudden screams of fangirls. All I could feel though was myself tensing. Gods, I was getting too worked up, it was only a show after all.

“Hmmm,” Sanghyun tilted his head and puffed one cheek up, cutely. I tried to not drool. Suddenly his eyes gained a teasing glint. “I like girls that are cute and funny.” He smiled angelically. “Just like noona.” He slid one arm around her and the fans screamed.

I felt my cheeks heating. Gods, that little trickster.

“What about me?!” the other MC unnie complained.

“There’s enough of me to go around!” Sanghyun winked and slid his other arm around the second MC unnie. I fumed. I knew it was just for the show, but gods, sometimes that boy could really make my blood boil.

“Hyorin?” Bora tapped the table to gain my attention. “What’s wrong? You look…kinda mad? Did I say something wrong?”

I gritted my teeth and turned my head away from Sanghyun. Then I took a deep breath. “It’s nothing unnie. Just thought about something annoying. Shall we get desert?”

 

Cheondoong POV

These interviews were exhausting. I slid out from my chair and staggered tiredly back into the waiting room. And then my eyes fell onto my bag.

Damn. I still hadn’t texted Hyorin.

I pulled my phone out of my bag and scanned it. No texts. Okay, should still be okay. Hmm, but what should I say?

I groaned and rubbed my head. Maybe I’d just keep it simple. Maybe, I should just come off as casual, urgh but what if she doesn’t like the…

I smacked my head, drawing attention from my hyungs.

“Cheondoong?” G.O raised an eyebrow. I waved him off. “Just thinking, hyung.”

“Sure thing.” He turned around, still looking at me as if I had gone crazy.

I opened a new message and began typing the simplest thing I could think of: Hey Hyorin, Sorry I haven’t texted you in a while but I had a show today. Haha, the MC noonas were such jokers. Did you see it?

Sent. I flipped my phone closed and rubbed my temples. Urgh, maybe I should’ve asked how she was doing first. Or if she’s had dinner yet.

At that my stomach growled. I sighed and threw my phone back into my bag.

Damn this whole secrecy thing. It was far too troublesome.

 

Hyorin POV

My phone beeped as a text message came in.

[1 new message]

Sender: Sanghyun

Hey Hyorin, Sorry I haven’t texted you in a while but I had a show today. Haha, the MC noonas were such jokers. Did you see it?

I felt my cheeks flush again. Was that really all he was saying? Hey and did you watch me on TV? I felt my fists bunch and I threw my phone across the bed.

Gods, Sanghyun. I really do love you but you can be so clumsy at times. I rolled over so that my face was pressed into the pillow and my tears were absorbed immediately.

I loved him. But why couldn’t he get a clue?

 

Cheondoong POV

We were back at the dorms now and excusing myself, I went back to my room. Opened my phone: no reply. Why wasn’t Hyorin replying?

It had been two hours since I had sent her my text. Maybe it didn’t get through? Or maybe she was busy. It was dinner time after all. Perhaps I should send her another text.

Hey Hyorin, not sure if you got my first text but ummm how are you doing?

I shut my phone and slid it under the pillow. Flopping down onto my bed, I let my sore muscles relax and my mind wander. In seconds, I was asleep.

***

The cold rush of air-con woke me. Glancing at the clock told me it was still only 9pm. Groaning, I sat up and out of habit, pulled my phone out from under my pillow and checked it.

No messages.

I bit my bottom lip and mused. Why no messages? Maybe her phone was broken or maybe she was busy and fell asleep without checking her phone. Maybe…maybe, maybe. Ah, there were too many possibilities and no answer.

I decided to send another text. Umm Hyorin, text me back if your phone is working. I hope nothing bad has happened.

Then I sent another text. You’re not angry right?

I shut my phone and leaned forwards. Suddenly, my necklace fell out. It must have worked its way loose of my tight black shirt overnight. Smiling, I took it in my hand and ran my fingers over its cool surface. It was a smooth, silver necklace Hyorin had bought me last time we went out. Its soothing presence always calmed me down.  

“Next time oppa, you’re buying me something cute.” She told me when I questioned her if it’s alright for the girl to buy the guy presents.

“Sure thing.” I wrapped my arms around her thin shoulders and kissed the crown of her head. “Anywhere, anytime.”

She smiled that wide, sweet smile of hers. “I’ll hold you to that!”

In a flash, I counted back the days. Damn. It had been over a month since I had taken her out for a date. Maybe that’s why she wasn’t responding to my texts. Was she angry?

I quickly picked up my phone again and typed Mianhe Hyorin. I’ve been neglecting you, haven’t I? How about I treat you to dinner? Our favorite place, at 9.30pm?

Sent.

 

Hyorin POV

I flicked open my phone as it buzzed for the third time that morning. It was irritating and I still hadn’t quite got a hold of my emotions from last night.

1st message: Umm Hyorin, text me back if your phone is working. I hope nothing bad has happened.

Oh, my phone was working but something bad had indeed happened. I fumed.

2nd message: You’re not angry right?

Oh, finally the boy gets a clue!

3rd message: Mianhe Hyorin. I’ve been neglecting you, haven’t I? How about I treat you to dinner? Our favorite place, at 9.30pm?

I sighed. I just couldn’t stay angry at that boy. Maybe I was too soft on him.

I quickly clicked reply and sent back a message, okay. I’ll see you there.

 

Cheondoong POV

It was 9.40pm and I was late. So it had kinda been Mir’s fault for badgering me when I wanted to go out, it was kinda the car’s fault for not starting and it was mostly my fault for having spent too long trying to look good in the mirror.

Driving with one hand and texting with the other (kids, do not do this at home!) I sent Hyorin and apology text. Mianhe Hyorin, I’ll be there in five.

No reply.

The minute I parked, I was out of the car and sprinting down the streets. Then I saw her figure. She was beautiful as always, even more so in a figure-hugging shorts and a draped shirt that exposed her slim shoulders. In soft black, she melded with the shadows and night sky.

“Hyorin.” I huffed, skidding to a stop. “I’m so sorry for being late but-“

She placed one hand in front of my face. I eased up and stared into her eyes. They weren’t their normal bewitching black shade, no, they were filled with a sort of hurt expression.

“Hyorin? What’s wrong? Are you upset?”

Suddenly, she turned around completely so that her entire body was facing me. She stood as if ready to flee at the slightest sign of threat. “Upset?” she whispered, her voice sounding on the verge of tears. “Of course I’m upset!”

“I’m sorry that I’m late, but I just-“

“Just what, Sanghyun?” Hyorin stared at me, her eyes shiny with unshed tears. Suddenly she slumped down onto a park bench, shoulders stiff and feet balanced evenly on the ground. I walked around to the back of the bench, surveying her tense posture and leaned down to touch her shoulders. However, Hyorin glared at me and shrugged my hands away.

 “Hyorin, I’m sorry but that can’t be all you’re angry about. Tell me!” I pleaded, swerving around the bench and kneeling down in front of her. “Let me make it up to you.”

“Jeez, Sanghyun.” She looked at me angrily. “Don’t you understand why I’m angry?”

I walked around her and leaped over the bench, too eager to get close to her. Sitting down next to her, I scooted in close and tried to hug her. But once again, she flung her arms out, pushing me away. “Hyorin, if I understood I would have tried to make it up to you. But I’m a guy, I’m dense and silly and I make mistakes.” I tried to look at her in the eyes but she wouldn’t look at me, so I touched her hand and she jolted upwards.

“Sanghyun,” she sighed. “There’s a limit to how dense you can be.”

“Then tell me what I’ve done wrong.” I begged. “I want to go back to being close to you, like this.” I demonstrated and lay down so that head rested perfectly in her lap. We had done this so many times on our lunch dates to secretive parks with picnic blankets and trees to hide stolen kisses behind. But this time, Hyorin wasn’t having any of the affection. She jerked her knee upwards and my head flew out of her lap.

“Sanghyun,” she scolded me. “This is exactly what I don’t want! I want you to understand me, not try to play with my affections in order to skirt the subject.”

I steadied myself, sitting upright and reached out with one tentative hand to touch her shoulder. “I apologize then.” I whispered. “But I can’t help it.”

She looked up at me, curious at the change of my voice. But I really couldn’t help it. Just looking at her made my insides melt into a puddle.  

“Why are you staring at me?” she blushed, putting her hands to her flushed cheeks.

“I can’t help it.” I said honestly. “I just can’t believe your mine.”

Hyorin’s eyes widened at my confession. Her perfect little mouth opened in a small ‘o’. I couldn’t help the smile that spread across my face.

“Why are you smiling!” she squeaked accusingly, her hands trying to cover her pink face.

I grinned crookedly back at her. “Because I can’t hide it. I just want to take you out all the time.”

“Sanghyun!” Hyorin jumped up, surprised at my intimate nature, and turned her back. But I could her small hands fanning her face that she was too embarrassed to show. I smirked and stood up.

“Seriously. How did someone like me get someone like you?” I wrapped my hands around her from behind, clasping her in a tight hug. I loved the way her small body fit perfectly against mine. “It feels like I won the lottery.”

“Jeez, Sanghyun!” Hyorin turned around to face me and wriggled out of my embrace. “You just know how to speak as smooth as honey. You know that I don’t look that good right now. Gods, I dashed out of the dorms so quickly that I’m not even wearing something nice. I haven’t even put on makeup!”

I couldn’t help but smile at her cuteness. “Hyorin sweetie,” I lifted her into my arms, her featherweight lightness making me feel like I was holding air. “No matter what you’re wearing, you still look the best. With or without make up, it doesn’t matter to me.”

She lifted her face nervously to meet mine. Our lips were but a baby’s breath apart. “Liar.” She whispered, blushing and avoiding meeting my eyes.

I chuckled. “I’m lying? I just can’t believe you’re mine that’s all.” I kissed her nose and she yelped, jumping out of my grasp immediately. She crumpled to the ground and I kneeled down to meet her level. “Honest. Sometimes I don’t know if I’m awake or I’m dreaming. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to see, to check that you are really mine.”

She raised her eyes to meet mine. “Really?”

“Really.” I confirmed. “You’re so beautiful that everyone stares at you. You make me want to show you off all the time.”

And that was the truth. So many times I had seen guys, on screen and off screen, stare at my girlfriend with eyes of wonder, of lust and of admiration. I could tell many of them had tried to ask her out, but Hyorin had refused. And it irritated me to no end that shooing stray guys off was my job, and I could do it!

“Seriously,” I continued. “You’re the girl everyone wants to be.” I nudged her nose with my own. “I just want to show you off to the world as my girlfriend! Mine!”

Hyorin burst out laughing at my possessive nature. “You think you own me?” she asked jokingly.

I leaned in close, letting my eyes half-close and a sinful smirk spread across my face. “I do, I want to own every part of you.” I whispered close to her ear. I could hear her heart stutter and her breath stop in . “I just want to show you off as mine.”

Hyorin looked up at me with eyes of excitement. “Even publicly? Would you risk your image for me?”

I nodded. “Anywhere, anytime.” I declared.

She giggled. “You! So confident!”

“I am,” I said proudly. Then I became serious. “Honest, Hyorin. I’ve always wanted to declare to everyone that you’re my girlfriend but you were watching out for our image,” I bit my lip. “So I restrained myself. You don’t know how many times there were that I saw you hugging some guy on screen for a show or talking to some other man, and then I just wanted to launch myself there and put myself between you two.”

Hyorin’s mouth fell open with soft amazement. Could Sanghyun really be so jealous? She knew she had felt this way for ages; this feelings of insecurity and possessiveness. But she had never guessed that Sanghyun felt the same way.

“Honest, Hyorin.” I was making this some sort of phrase now. “If I could, I would plaster a label on your forehead telling everyone you’re mine! I would write it everywhere: with markers on the car, with an airplane in the air. Heck, I would write it on the moon if I could!”

Hyorin leaned into him, laughing fully now. “You are so silly!” she chortled into his shoulder. “Ah, but that’s why I love you.”

“You love me? Honest?” I couldn’t help myself from asking for affirmation.

“Of course, silly!” Hyorin sat up straight and glared at me. “I love you so much that seeing you hug that MC unnie the other day hurt! It really hurt you know! Like feeling knives being driven into my body.”

I bit my lip. So that was why she had been angry. “Mianhe, Hyorin. Honest. I didn’t realize I was hurting you so much. I just thought I better act like I get along well with girls, otherwise people might suspect something funny like that I have a girlfriend.”

Hyorin smiled. So Sanghyun had been looking out for her all this time as well. “Then let’s stop all this secrecy.” She suggested. “Tell the world that I am yours.”

I felt like a balloon cut free from its restraining string. I was floating, high on helium. “Really?! I can show the whole world that you are my girl!”

“Yes.” Hyorin grinned. “Tell everyone, claim me as yours.”

I stood up and held out my hand. She took it and I pulled her featherweight body up.

“Then,” I bent down to press a sweet and slow kiss to her lips. “I’ll show the whole world. I’ll declare it from every tower and somehow I’ll find a way to write it on the moon.”

She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me in for a deeper kiss. “You do that, promise okay.”

I held out my pinky and she laced her with mine. “I promise.” I whispered throatily.

“Better start soon then.” Hyorin raised an eyebrow. I grinned, knowing exactly what I was going to do. I pulled her over to the park bench and sat her down. Then I tugged her into a hug. This time she didn’t resist. She leaned in and hugged me back.

Then I raised my head just above hers to look at the half-filled park. Hyorin narrowed her eyes. “What are you planning?”

I gave her a cheeky smile. “Just declaring that you are mine. To the whole world, little by little.”

Her eyes widened with suspicion. “No-“

But I cut her off with my confession

“KIM HYO JUNG, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!”

We both fell over laughing as everyone in the park stared at us. Furtive whispers identified us as Cheondoong of mblaq and Hyorin of Sistar almost immediately.

“Idiot!” Hyorin hissed, but it was marred by the fact she was laughing even harder now. “You silly, silly sweet boy.” She brushed one finger over my cheek.  

Then she inhaled and yelled: “PARK SANGHYUN, I WILL ALSO LOVE YOU NOW AND FOREVER!!!”

I doubled over, laughing even harder now but touched by her extremity.

“Well then,” she huffed for breath. “I’ve declared it now. You are mine and I am yours.”

I stood up and being gentlemanly, offered her my arm. “Then, shall we have dinner?”

She stood up and took it with a twitching grin on her face. “I would like that very much.” She said. “I would like that a lot.”

I grinned devilishly and laced my fingers with hers. “Well then,” I brushed her fringe back and claimed another kiss. “Time to start showing you off.”

She grinned back at me. Then she whispered something into my ear and with a chuckle, let go of my hand and walked ahead of me. I blushed and rubbed my ear. Following my girlfriend, I was beginning to realize that she wasn’t just mine. I was hers as well.

“Who says,” she had whispered in a dark and dangerous voice. “That only you can show me off?” She turned around and spreading her hands out, spoke. “After all, I get to show you off as well”

I jogged over and took her hand again. This time, we were both confident about our love, certain about our need to be together and convinced that we belonged to each other.

Hope you enjoyed the oneshot as much as I did from just writing it. Lots of love, Fia~