One More Night

One More Night

 

ONE MORE NIGHT

 

 

Tears slowly began to appear on the rim of her eyes and her gaze not leaving the computer’s screen. Her brows scrunched, her forehead creased as the monitor flashed to her what she didn’t want to see. She knew she should have turned away as soon as she saw that Following list, His Following list.

 

 She bit her lips as she tried to stop herself from crying. She shut her eyes tightly but that only made the tears she was trying to hold to finally escape and stream down her cheeks.

 

“He is no good for you Dara. Believe me…”

 

“Jiyong is not a stick-to-one type of guy unnie, I tell you. You better leave him before you find yourself sulking in once corner…”

 

Her friends’ words echoed inside her head. Their words shooting her heart like bullets, stabbing her heart like sharp knives. Making everything more but painful.

 

She loved him, she believed in him, she defended him from them. She knew Jiyong loved her and he would never do to her the things they were saying about him.

 

She took risk and slowly opened her eyes back. The painful Following list welcomed her sight again, hurting her eyes like heavy black smoke coming from fire. But what was hurting the most was her heart.

 

@IBGDRGN

Following:

Mizuhara Kiko @kikoxxx

 

And now she felt stupid. She should have just listened, she should have known him better, she should have not loved—

 

“Nae, nae I’ll call you back” A chuckling Jiyong opened the door, entering the house with his phone against his ears. Whoever he was speaking with, he looked happy, carefree, and most of all unaware of the turmoil happening to his ‘girlfriend’.

 

—him. Dara quickly wiped the tears from her face and stood up from her chair. She turned to his direction, trying to put up a tough façade at the same time. She was strongly wishing he wouldn’t see through her, because if he does, he would just see how weak of a person she was especially at that exact moment.

 

“Hey baby” Jiyong called after he finished his call and approached Dara. He was to pull her into a hug but Dara walked away from him and headed to the bedroom. Jiyong trailed after her.

 

“So who were you talking with?” Dara asked coldly, her back facing Jiyong as she strolled towards the dresser and pretended to fix some things there.

 

“Just a friend of mine” Jiyong replied and finished off with a smile.

 

“Really?” Dara queried sharply and short. She turned around then walked to the room’s built in closet. On her way, she bumped Jiyong’s shoulder as she walked pass by him. Jiyong’s eyebrows creased at Dara’s actions. He realized something was wrong.

 

“Baby, what’s wrong?” he asked as he stepped in the closet and attempted one more time to enclose her in his arm. But he failed yet again as she just moved away from him.

 

He was already trying to make ‘moves’ to ease her temper but she was still being stubborn and continued avoiding him. And now, Jiyong was beginning to get pissed.

 

“Ask yourself that” she replied. And that’s all what it took to snap Jiyong’s temper.

 

“What the hell are you talking about now?” Jiyong queried irritatingly.

 

 All that time, Dara was restraining herself from shattering into bits due to so much feelings that were clouding inside her but when he snapped to her like that, Dara wasn’t able to contain all the emotions anymore, and tears began to fall from her eyes once more. Things are just too much to handle. She turned around and faced Jiyong.

 

“Am I still the only one for you Jiyong?” she questioned frankly with tears in her eyes.

 

“Is this about Kiko again? Oh god, Dara! How many times should we talk about this?” he answered back without actually answering Dara’s question. He rubbed his temple with one hand and walked out of the closet. He then dropped himself on the bed.

 

Dara followed suit.

 

“You’re making me frustrated, seriously” he hissed under his breath not knowing that Dara was near enough that she was able to hear what he said. He heard her gasped and he felt guilty for a little while but he didn’t budge.

 

I’m frustrating him?

 

She can’t believed with what he just said. His reply was as hurtful as him replying to her that she isn’t the only one for him anymore.

 

 

“Well, sorry if I make you frustrated but just so you know you wouldn’t have been frustrated if you didn’t follow that...that Kiko on that networking site!”

 

“What the?! You’re being like this just because of that?” he sat up from the bed and his face exasperated.

 

“Can you even hear yourself, Jiyong? JUST BECAUSE OF THAT!? SERIOUSLY?! You know I get jealous because of her, you know that I’m not fond of her! And you have promised me before that you wouldn’t make any connections with her anymore! Now, tell me what happened?!” her tears began to get unstoppable. The back of her hand went against . She bit the back of her index finger as she tried her best to stop from sobbing.

 

 

 “Dara, stop this. Okay?” He sighed and stood up from the bed. He tried to get near her once again. But she backed away. For her it was enough. That was it. She wiped her tear stained face.

 

“Yes, you’re right. Let’s just stop this.” Dara stated trying to look at him square in the eyes and was holding herself from breaking down once more.

 

Jiyong wasn’t that stupid for him not to get what she was implying. And at that time, he thought he was just dreaming or hearing things. Why would she want to end them? He knew how much Dara loves him and she wouldn’t just end this that easily.

 

“Baby, N-no...no, you’re just mad that’s why you’re saying that, stop this already…” 

 

“I’m serious Ji. I can’t take this anymore Jiyong. I can’t handle you any longer. Let’s just break up” she stated despite how hard it was for her to make that decision. It was painful but she had to. She had to save herself from Jiyong and from more pain. And she thought that maybe she wasn’t really what Jiyong needed. Maybe it was her and not herself so maybe she just had to set him free.

 

“D-dara…listen, we can talk about th—“ he wasn’t even able to finish when Dara spoke and said,

 

“Please go home and let me take some rest, Jiyong-ssi” He was left astounded on his spot. She was dead serious about this and now she’s asking him to leave. He saw Dara climbed on the bed and turned her back at him.

 

 

He could only stare at her back as the situation syncs in him. He didn’t know how to react if he should cry and ask her to take him back or would he just follow his ego and let the prideful and hard hearted G-dragon take over.

 

Unfortunately, his ego won and he chose to look tough and unaffected. If this is what she wants then he’ll give it to her. Besides, Kiko is there for him, his ego whispered. He’s G-dragon, the not-stick-to-one type of guy. The G-dragon that the media knows. Now, he’s really gonna be what the media’s insisting of about him.

 

“Close the door when you leave” Dara said. She was actually just making him leave already for she was just holding on to a very thin string of control she still has over herself because if he stays longer there, he will see her completely breakdown. And she doesn’t want that.

 

At the sight of her back and upon hearing her croaky voice, he knew she was just containing herself from breaking down into tears again. His jaws clenched. For a moment there, He just wanted to gather her in his arms and apologize repeatedly but his huge ego immediately came back for him.

 

He found himself walking towards the exit, he reached the door and slammed it close. Leaving Dara completely now.

 

Upon hearing the noise of the slammed door, Dara clutched the blanket around her as she finally let all the hurt out through her falls of tears. They are over now. No more Jiyong, no more them.

 

 

 

 

---

 

A week later

 

Youngbae entered the club, his gaze looking around searching for this certain guy who had called him and asked him to come over.

 

Earlier, when he was relaxing at his condo unit, his cellphone suddenly rang and when he checked it, he saw Jiyong’s name flashing on the screen. He answered the call and just by the way he heard Jiyong spoke through the phone, Youngbae already knew he was drunk. And as his best friend, he quickly left and came to rescue his best friend before things could get any worse.

 

When he was able to spot him, he walked towards his table and Jiyong welcomed him with a friendly hug. He’s hair was messy, his eye bags were huge, he had black rings around his eyes, he was just a big mess, he was a total wreck.

 

“What’s wrong with you! Why are you getting yourself drunk like this?” Youngbae asked as he guided his friend to sit.

 

Jiyong sprawled himself on the chair and answered, “Everything’s wrong with me now Youngbae! Everything!”

 

Youngbae sat down and took a bottle of beer and poured some in the small glass in front of him.

 

“I’m listening” Youngbae said signaling him to continue

 

“I lost her Youngbae, I seriously lost her and now look at me! Look at me!” Jiyong continued letting out all his feelings.

 

“Who? Kiko? Anyway, Looking at you right now” Youngbae stated as he looked up to him from his glass.

 

“Of course not her! You know who I’m talking about. Ugh Youngbae stop it, you’re not helping!” Jiyong rolled his eyes at his friend as he slammed the glass he was holding back down on the table.

 

“I thought you wanted Kiko and now you can have her, right? Now what’s your problem?”

 

“That’s what I thought too when I was still so dumb and a when I let that ing stupid ego take over. Youngbae, I just lost the girl I really want, the girl I really love. Can you understand me? I let her go just like that. I’m so stupid, I’m the most stupid person in this universe! Oh God Youngbae, I don’t know what to do anymore, I think I’ll die. I need her, I need her more than anything…What should I do now…I’m a wreck and she wouldn’t take me back…I know she wouldn’t…but I still love her …I love her …I need her…she’s stuck in me, …I cant erase her off me like even literally!...I got her on my shoulders….I got her imprinted on my heart, see that?...Oh Jesus, what should I do Youngbae..”  Jiyong pointed at the dragonball tattoo at his left shoulder and  kept talking til his words became incoherent. He was breaking down in front of Youngbae. And Youngbae knew this was now the real Jiyong, hurting, regretful and empty. Jiyong leaned forward and buried his face in his palms as tears began to roll down his face

 

Youngbae shook his head before sighing deep. It was his first time to see Jiyong in this state and though how much he wanted to punch him square in the face for being an to Dara, he couldn’t because he can see how much he regrets it now and that he has learned from his mistake. He then began to speak,

 

“Jiyong, listen to me.” Jiyong removed his hands away from his face and Youngbae continued. “

 

“People sometimes tend to be stupid because some things can only be learned after being stupid…but that doesn’t just end there…” Youngbae said as he reached for his friend’s shoulder and pushed him back properly to his seat.

 

“You must now prove people particularly to her, that you’ve learned something…that you are better now” Youngbae added. Jiyong looked up to Youngbae and stared at his best friend through his tousled hair. His face brightened as if he was struck by knowledge for the first time and that’s all because of his best friend’s words

 

“Youngbae…” He murmured and out of a sudden, Jiyong pulled Youngbae into a tight hug, making the latter startled.

 

Jiyong was full sober now. Jiyong’s face was a complete opposite of how he looked earlier when Youngbae came as he pulled out from the hug, “Thanks!” he said before quickly stumbling his way out of the club.

 

Youngbae shook his head as he followed with his gaze his best friend who was frenziedly walking his way out of the club. Then suddenly his brows scrunched upon realizing that Jiyong left him with the bill.

 

“Aisht Kwon Jiyong!!” he hissed.

 

 

--

 

 

Dara was sitting on the couch as she was blankly staring at the TV. She let thoughts run inside her mind.

 

“Finally, you’ve come to your senses! He’s not a great loss, Dara”

 

“Don’t worry unnie, you’ve picked the right decision. Promise me you won’t go back to him ever again…”

 

Her friends’ words once again echoed inside her mind. She smiled bitterly, knowing that her friends were happy with the decision she had made. But the thing is, is she happy as well?

 

It has been one week since their break up and to be honest she cant escape the fact she’s still missing him. He has been a part of her and it was just very hard to erase him completely from her system. But at the same time, thinking of being with him again hurts too.

 

Silly

 

She thought to herself, he wouldn’t even want to be with her ever again because if he did then he wouldn’t have left her that night. He would have stayed, he would have—

 

The door bell suddenly rang, interrupting her series of thought. Then sound of banging of the door followed. Dara’s brows creased, who in the world would go out at this hour and bang her door like s/he had the intention of breaking through it.

 

Dara stood up from the sofa and headed towards the door, upon opening it she found the person she least expected to see.

 

“Jiyong…what are you do—“ she wasn’t able to even finish what she was supposed to say because Jiyong without permission walked himself in and collected Dara in his arms. He hugged her tightly like she was oxygen, and as if letting her go would mean letting his life end.

 

No words could escape from Dara’s mouth. She was dumbstruck at what was happening at that moment. Her lips left agape and her eyes widen. Slowly, tears began to escape and roll down her eyes.

 

He shouldn’t be here, he shouldn’t be hugging her, they’re over, this shouldn’t be.

 

Her trail of thoughts got cut when she felt her shoulders getting wet, and that made her she come back to her senses. She discovered Jiyong was crying, he was pouring his eyes out as he hugged her firmly.

 

“Dara, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry..Please forgive me …take me back..” he mumbled as he wept.

 

Dara smelled alcohol from him when he spoke and she thought that he just might be acting this way because he’s drunk so she laid her palms on his chest and tried to push him away.  She was trying to do her best to stop this and have control over the situation as much as she still can.

 

“Stop this Jiyong, we’re over, remember? I broke up with you..and….and you have decided to leave me…so Ji..please..” she struggled to say as she pushed herself away from him but he was way stronger and he held her more in his arms.

 

“Please, even just one more night….” He pleaded as his face was buried at the side of her head.

 

“Please..I need you, I love you…just one more night…let me prove you that I really do love you and that I deserve to have you back...please...please Dara…” He pulled out a little and took her small face in his warm hands. He looked at her with pleading eyes then rested his forehead on hers. Dara had a chance to look at him. She noticed how his face had changed in just a week, how it looked all unhealthy and strained out. Her gaze went to his eyes and she regretted seeing them because it just made her see so much pain in him and it made her hurt.

 

“Please?” he whispered as he rubbed the tears on her cheeks with his thumbs. Dara closed her eyes for a while before opening them and meeting his hurt-filled eyes one more time making the wall she had built around her to crumble down into bits. She bit her lip before nodding to him in agreement.

 

A smile promptly appeared on Jiyong’s tear-stained face. He took her by the waist and kissed her fully on the lips. As Dara felt his lips caress hers, a tear rolled down her cheek again.

 

Though how much she knew she should have said no, though how much she knew she should  avoid him, though how much she knew she should have pushed him away, She just can’t and she just keep on doing the other wise. Coz when he’s around every sense in her flies away and even just the mere look from his eyes could make her love him again and again.

 

She eventually closes her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck, surrendering to him, kissing him back with the same passion. He pulled out from her lips and went to nibble her jaws while she just kept her eyes closed and let him be. After a while he came back kissing her lips.

She felt herself being lifted up and next thing she knew he had already carried her to the bedroom. Jiyong then broke them free from the kiss. He took time to appreciate her face, he caressed her cheeks with his thumbs, shove away the strands of hair sticking on her face due to her wet tears and then he pecked her lips.

 

“I missed you” he lovingly said and Dara just looked at him, trying to smile but can only show a bitter one.

 

“I’m sorry” he murmured and went to the crook of her neck to inhale her scent. Dara closed her eyes at the sensation he was giving, she could only hug him and bite her lips to avoid herself from crying.

 

Coz she knew that she could only stay with him for just One More Night. She knew that the next day she would be hating herself for being weak once again and at the same time will be feeling guilty as hell for letting this even happen because at the end, she would be hurting Jiyong.

 

 

--

 

 

Jiyong stirred from his sleep with a smile on his face knowing that he had spent last night with Dara. But when he completely woke up and opened his eyes he found Dara nowhere beside him. He immediately sat up from the bed as panic began to rush in his veins. When he turned to the side table, he saw a note placed there. He took it and read what was written on it.

 

That’s all the “One More Night” I could give. Goodbye Ji.

                                                                        - Dara

 

Jiyong crumpled the paper in his hand after reading the note and shifted his gaze away. He bit his lower lip and nodded his head, accepting all the pain in his heart and letting tears stream down his face.

 

 

 

==

inspired by Maroon 5's One More Night
i hope i didnt ruin Maroon 5's reputation because of my er...uh fic. lol XD
oh and yeah, i was just trying to make an attempt on making a 'sad-ending' fic trolol
so if u think it turned out to be a failure, tell me ok so i wont write another sad fic
ever again....gaah just comment me ur thoughts, aryt? LOL XD 
comment and subscribe, yeah? :D