Chapter 1- Ohno's POV

When the cherry blossoms bloom

Ohno's POV (Point of View)

Sitting on a park bench with sunshine pouring over my warm body, I watched the petals of the cherry blossoms flutter in the air. I love spending my lunch times dozing off lazily in the park. Even after I started working, I still sometimes have the sudden urge to want to draw, just like when I was a student. It became a habit for me to try to remember beautiful sights for when I want to draw. The dancing of the petals were so beautiful that I would never feel bored or tired from watching it no matter how long I stared at it.

"... Satoshi-kun?" A soft voice suddenly broke my concentration as I turned around. There stood a well-dressed young man wearing a suit and a tie, looking like a professional businesman. His bright round eyes were wide open in surprise. He looks familiar... have I met him before?

"Are you... Sho-kun?"

"I knew it! It's you! I can't believe we met again in a place like this!" Sho rushed up to my side, his eyes beaming and sparkling with delight. Those familiar eyes that never changed since I last saw him naturally brought a smile to my face.

 

Sho-kun was my friend since primary school and he was my only friend that I could hang out with without being worried about embarrassing myself. We went to different high schools, but we kept in touch and often met to update with each other’s lives. However, after we started college, Sho-kun went to America to study, and we hardly kept in touch after that. We wrote letters about once a year, but after I started work and I became very busy, I completely forgot to contact him.

 

“How are you?”

“Yeah, I’m doing fine. What about you, Sho-kun? When did you come back to Japan?”

“Um… about 2 weeks ago. I came back to Japan once when I was still in college though. I got a job in America and I was transferred to the same company in Japan.”

“Wow… that’s awesome!”

“And you, Satoshi-kun? Do you work around here?”

“Yeah I do~. Oh…” I glance at the blue watch on my wrist. I have a meeting in the afternoon.

“…Sorry, Sho-kun. I have to head back. My lunch break is almost over.”

“Okay, Satoshi-kun, when do you finish work?”

“I think I’ll be able to finish work by eight o’clock tonight.”

“Then let’s go get a drink later! I’ll wait for you here at eight o’clock.” His cheerful smile caused the corners of my mouth to twitch and go up.

“Okay, I’ll see you later!” I started walking towards the company with Sho-kun waving his hand behind me. My footsteps felt very light under the wide azure sky. Today is likely to be a wonderful day. I didn’t foresee the encounters that I made afterwards, I was just simply excited about my reunion with Sho-kun.