Chapter 2

That pair of distant yet loving eyes.. [HIATUS]

"Have you found a way to perfect the solution?"

"I..err..."

"HAVE YOU?!" boomed the voice over the phone.
"ANSWER ME!"

"No Lord"
"Im sorry for my incompetence.." mumbled SeungLee in terror

"Im giving you another month!"
"If not, i'll make sure you regret FAILING me!"
"And remember, im the one who CREATED you"
"YOU OWE YOUR LIFE TO ME!"

"Yes Lord"
"I understand"

YulSic's side

"Sica, what are you watching?" asked Yuri curiously from the back as Jessica's eyes glued to the television.

"Shh.."
"Yul, its super duper exciting now" said Jessica as she shoo-ed Yuri away.

"YAH!"
"How could you push me aside because of a television program!?" grumbled Yuri angrily, plopping down onto the sofa beside Jessica with a cup of fruit juice in her hands.
"My goodness!"
"You're actually watching Olympics?!" gasped Yuri in shock
"I thought you werent that kind to watch Olympics!"

"AHH~"
"What a pity!" exclaimed Jessica sadly as she turned to Yuri
"Yup, im not those who are a fan of Olympics"
"But you know, i heard that this year's London Olympics for the badminton male singles final was really thrilling"
"So, i watched the replay of it"
"And some joker came and disturbed my show~" teased Jessica as she grabbed Yuri's fruit juice for a sip.

"YAH THATS MINE!"
"Go make one yourself!"

"What?"
"Now that we're married, you're differentiating our items that clearly now?" pouted Jessica cutely

"Of course.."

"Really?"

"No!"
"Of course not!"
"I was just kidding" giggled Yuri
"Anyway, so how interesting was the match babe?"

"The match?"
"It was like wow!"
"The player from Malaysia lost to the one from China by only 2 points!"
"If only he wasnt injured Yul!"
"He might be this year's Olympics gold medalist for the male singles badminton category!" said Jessica enthusiastically.

"Wow, look"
"Our Sica's so enthusiastic over Olympics now"
"Its just wow" teased Yuri sacarstically with an applause

Jessica pouted with her arms crossed.

"Alright alright"
"I'll stop teasing you" surrendered Yuri with a cheeky grin
"Dont be so pouty alright?" chuckled Yuri as she pinched Jessica's pinky cheeks
"Smile babe, you look prettier with smiles"
"Although you look cute when you pout"

Jessica relaxed, and leaned against the sofa, with a head on Yuri's shoulder.
Holding onto Yuri's warms hands, Jessica snuggled even nearer to Yuri.

"Whats wrong Sica..?"

"Dont move Yul"
"I love moments like this.."
"You know, i love the presence of you being by my side"
"Being beside me"

"I know"
"But isnt it too random?"

"It isnt random to me at all" smiled Jessica as she patted Yuri's hands.
"Anyway, do you wanna adopt a child?"
"Like, to spend some time on other matters except for work?"
"I have to return to appa's company tomorrow Yul.."
"I've been missing for 2months.."
"Plenty of stuff to complete"
"But i do wanna spend my time on other meaningful matters too"

"Adopt a child?"
"Are you serious?"

"Why?"
"You dont like the idea?"
"Its okay though"

"Nope"
"Im fine with it as long as you're happy Sica"
"Its just that, i was thinking, are you serious about this?"
"Taking care of a kid is no kidding matter" explained Yuri as if she was extremely experienced in this area.

"Why do you say so?"
"Kids are cute, arent they?"
"I wanna go to the orphanage and adopt one.."
"Or if not, we can set up a foster home for those unfortunate kids"
"Isnt it a good idea?" suggested Jessica with a gleam of hope in her eyes.

"Foster home?"

"Yup, foster home is whereby we take in unfortunate kids who had to leave their family"
"Like those kids whose parents lost the abiliity to take care of them, provide them with their growing needs"
"And their next closest relative dont want to take care of them, will be sent here by the court"
"It was implemented in the US"
"So i was thinking of setting one here"
"Meaningful, isnt it?"

"Sounds pretty cool Sica.."
"But isnt it too tiring for you?"

"You mean for us"
"You're doing it with me" chuckled Jessica while putting up her 'PEACE' handsign.

"What?!"
"I did not say i was going to do it with you!"

"Well, too bad"
"You said it sounds pretty cool"
"Im going to get it done tomorrow"
"I mean, for all the applications' paper work" grinned Jessica, satisfied.

"Why not you just adopt SeungLee?" suggested Yuri casually
"Or get him here if only your foster home is built up"

"Nonono"
"Its never going to happen"
"Firstly, SeungLee is under the care of his grandmother"
"Secondly, his grandmother needs him too"
"Thirdly.."
"I just dont think its right?"

"You sure have got lots of reasons Sica.." said Yuri

Jessica wanted to set up a foster home, for the unfortunate kids.
She was actually inspired by SeungLee because she felt that all unfortunate kids should deserve what they should have.
And not get nothing because of their family's problems.
Furthermore, parents should not even bring their problems to the kids because it is just plain unfair to the innocent kids.
Jessica wanted to give those naive, cute, innocent little kids the childhood they truly deserve.

The next day, while Jessica was trying to clear off the work she had accumulated over the 2 months because of her honeymoon,
a knock on her office door was heard.
Her head shot up, with a smile, she nodded.
Entering her office was a tall, smart and decent looking man dressed formally with a tie.

"Anyeonghaseyo Jessica-sshi"
"Choi Minho imnida"
"Im the guy you contacted me last night on setting up the foster home" said Minho as he stretched out his arms for a polite handshake.

"Welcome Minho-sshi"
"Here, take a seat" said Jessica as she showed Minho to the coffee table.
"So, as i was saying last night"
"I wanted to set up this foster home that works exactly the same as those of the US"

"I understand Jessica-sshi"
"I think its a great and noble idea to have something like that" smiled Minho as he took out the files from his briefcase and placed it on the coffeetable.
"Here are the related documents, on the rules and regulations on setting up the foster home"
"It is really rare to see a Korean wanting to set up something like this"
"For the welfare of the unfortunate kids"
"But, the policy is still in place for those who want to" explained Minho clearly

"Oh, everything on the documents here sounds reliable" smiled Jessica
"Well, but its my first time doing it"
"Do you think its okay?" asked Jessica
"I dont want to be like, make the wrong choice, not for myself but the future kids staying with us"

"Dont worry about this Jessica-sshi"
"Its alright, because there will be people dropping by once every few days to keep a lookout for both you and me" assured Minho
"And if there's anything you need to take note of, we'll let you know"

"If thats the case, everything sounds cool"
"So do i just sign here to agree and wait for the processing to start?'' asked Jessica as she pointed to the bottom right hand corner of the paper.

"Yup thats right Jessica-sshi"
"You just have to sign there" smiled Minho politely
"Thanks for coming up with such a noble decision Jessica-sshi"
"Im sure you'll be loved, by the kids in the future"

"Really?"
"Well, we'll have to wait if it will be approved too" sighed Jessica slightly

"Hey, dont feel so bad Jessica-sshi"
"Because foster homes are badly sought after here"
"And, your conditions are really good"
"You have an extremely stable financial state, just solely yourself"
"Not forgetting your wife, Yuri-sshi like what you've stated last night"
"Including her monthly salary, its more than enough"
"But, its not all about financial problem too"
"We also look at the physical health of both foster parents and the physical state of their house"
"Yours is in a pretty good shape for both"
"So dont worry about it" smiled Minho assuringly as he flipped through the documents to make sure Jessica had signed on it before he can submit it for processing.

"I see.."
"Minho-sshi, can i request that the most number of kids to take care of in my house to be only 5?" asked Jessica awkwardly

"Oh?"
"Of course thats fine"
"5 is actually really a lot"
"But its sounds good"
"And dont worry, the government will credit some cash to the kids appointed to your foster home yearly"
"For some of their needs" explained Minho

"I see, if thats the case"
"I think im all set on it already" smiled Jessica happily
"Hope to see you soon, Minho-sshi"
"Of course with a good news alright?" said Jessica as she stood up, stretched out her arms.

"Of course i will" replied Minho as he returned Jessica's handshake.
"Do hear from me maybe 3-4 days later"
"Good bye!"

"Good bye Minho-sshi!"

After Minho exited Jessica's office, Jessica went back to her desk and plopped down onto her seat satisfied with what she heard and what she's gonna do.

Jessica's POV

Sounds like my life's gonna get real fun, lively and interesting soon!
Gonna look forward to it a lot.
Hehe.

End of Jessica's POV

*PHONE CALL*

"Yoboseyo"

"Yuri~"

"Whats up Sica?"
"Im just like a few levels away from you and you're calling me?!" chuckled Yuri

"Hahas"
"Well, im just calling you to tell you"
"My foster home plan is in action now!"
"Awaiting for approval!"

"Really?"
"Wow, you are definitely efficient"

"Of course i am!"
"Im also super duper excited!" gigled Jessica excitedly over the phone

"Whats so exciting about it?"
"You'll be taking care of many kids Sica-ah!"

"Why?"
"Kids are cute!!"
"Hahas, Yul i'll stop here first"
"Gotta finish up my work" sighed Jessica a little
"2 months of work is a lot!"
"Talk to you when we're home later"

"Alright"
"Bye Sica"
"Dont overwork yourself, take some rest if you're tired"
"Love you"

"Love you too"

*END OF PHONE CALL*


After Jessica ended the phone call, she went back to work,
grinning happily to herself on the upcoming event.
Setting up the foster home for the unfortunate kids.

1 week later, Jessica received a call from Minho.

*PHONE CALL*

"Yoboseyo"

"Ah, neh Jessica-sshi"
"Minho imnida"

"Oh, Minho-sshi"
"Yup, whats wrong?"
"Is there something wrong with the application?"

"Nope, dont worry about it Jessica-sshi"
"Its a good news"
"Your application has been approved and has an immediate effect"
"To add on, i've got a minor on my hands now"
"Was wondering if you wanna take her in today or tomorrow"
"If not, i'll pass her over to an orphanage"

"What?!"
"Thats like too good to be true!"
"And its fine Minho-sshi""
"I can take her"
"Is it okay if you send her over tonight when i've finished my work?"

"Oh, okay sure no problem"
"I'll be over at 7pm"
"Is that okay with you?"

"Definitely"
"Thanks Minho-sshi"
"See you tonight"

*END OF PHONE CALL*


Later that evening, Yuri was leaning against the door of her black Porsche,
waiting for Jessica to exit her office building, wanting to pick her up.
Like as a surprise.

After waiting for like 30 minutes, Yuri finally spotted someone familiar walking out of the office with two heavy bags of documents in her arms.
Not wanting Jessica to hurt herself with that two bags of heavy documents, Yuri quickly ran over to Jessica and swiftly took a bag from her.

"Yuri?"

"Yeah, thats me" replied Yuri casually
"Why are you bringing so much work home again?"

"Oh, i intended to finish it today in the office"
"But.."

"But?"

"Remember last week i told you about the foster home?"
"I've applied?"

"Yup" said Yuri as she stopped in her steps and turned to Jessica
"You're really going to do this?"

"Why not Yul?"
"Its something good"
"And, the foster home's been approved"

"Right.."

"There'll be a minor coming in today!" added Jessica excitedly
"Arent you excited Yul?!"

"Right.."
"Nevermind, lets get going first"

Actually, deep inside Yuri's heart,
she didnt really like the idea of this foster home.
Yuri thought that Jessica was just saying it for fun, wont really go on with this idea.
To Yuri, she still want to spend more time with Jessica, as in just the two of them.
Not wanting any external disturbance.

"Here, we're home" announced Yuri as she stopped her engine.

But before Yuri could continue with another word, Jessica rushed out of the car and ran straight into the house,
totally forgetting all her documents.
Poor Yuri had to bring her two heavy bag of documents into Jessica's study room.

"That girl.." sighed Yuri sadly as she walked up to the study room.

While Yuri was putting Jessica's work in her study room, the doorbell rang.
Running footsteps were then heard out of the room.
Wanting to know who was outside, Yuri walked down the stairs to the living room casually but only to see Jessica opening the door with a wide smile on her face.

"Anyeonghaeseyo Jessica-sshi" greeted Minho.

 Beside Minho, was a young pretty teenage girl but with sorrows in her eyes.

"Come on, greet her" instructed Minho as he gave the girl a nudge

"Anyeonghaeseyo" greeted  the girl with a cold attitude

"This is Krystal, Jessica-sshi"
"She's the minor i've talked to you about over the phone" said Minho
"So is everything ready here?"

"Yup, i've gotten a room ready for her"
"Come on Krystal, follow me" said Jessica happily as she motioned Krystal to follow her to the room she had prepared for her.

Entering the room, it was neat, clean and well furnished.

"Wow, Jessica-sshi"
"Its beautiful" commented Minho with awe

"Is it?" asked Jessica with a confused look
"I didnt really prepare much"
"I thought it was too simple"

"Nonono"
"It is not"
"Trust me Jessica-sshi"
"Out of the very few foster home i've seen"
"Yours is the best" complimented Minho as he gave Jessica an assuring pat on her shoulders.

Yuri on the other side, was leaning against the wall,
watching everything happen infront of her eyes.

"Here Krystal, you can rest in your room first" smiled Jessica
"We'll be having dinner soon and i'll call you then"

After ending the short conversation with Krystal, Jessica closed the door of Krystal's room and went down to the living room with Minho.
Noticing the presence of Yuri, Jessica hooked her arms onto Yuri's and went down.

*PS: Hahas, ops i've decided to take a break from studying and update this fanfic(:
Comments and subscribe please!

Love you guys!
My exams will end this coming Friday (+8GMT SG) which means i'll update a lot!
Keke.

-illusion's off-