Touch my heart

A Love That Never Fades

It was night. He was sitting on the wet sand staring out to the ocean. It was raining, like the weather knew how he felt inside. Donghae was happy that it was raining so nobody could see his tears. He couldn’t believe that he missed the chance to confess to the one he loved ever since he rescued him.

„I miss you“, he whispered into the rain, trying not to cry even more. It’s been two weeks now and he still felt guilty. He just couldn’t forget the picture of the hardest day in his life. People were trying to make him feel better. But they couldn’t. They didn’t know that his heart was broken. Donghae was there when it happened.  

He looked up to the stars and thought back to the day when he met Hyukjae the first time.



Donghae was laying on a big bath towel at the beach. He was wearing his sunglasses and swimshorts while the hot sun was shinning brightly on his muscular upper body. It was summer. Finally. The school year just ended two hours ago and he already started to enjoy it — even tho he was supposed to help his uncle in his store. He closed his eyes to relax for a moment. No Stress with learning. No stress with classtests. For 3 Months. The light wind was blowing in his dark hair. 

 

It got noisier with every passing hour. Donghae sat up after a while. It was too warm for him so he decided to go for a swim into the sea. He put his sunglasses into his bag before getting up and walking on the warm soft white sand. As soon as his feet touched the cold water, he heard someone yell out for help. He looked up and saw a thin boy far away from the allowed swimming area.


He was nervous. Why didn't he learn for the last classtest? Now it was time to write it. The only thing that made him enjoy the last subject was that he would meet up his friends on the beach later. But now he had to concentrate in order not to literally die. „You can do it Hyukjae..you can do it!“, he whispered to himself. He swallowed in fear when he got the task papers from the teacher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as the school bell rang, he ran out to the bus with his friends. Finally Holidays! He was laughing and talking a lot while driving to the beach.

"Hyukjae!!", his other friends yelled his name when they arrived and needed to get out. He couldn't believe that he was at the beach. It was seldom that he went there. It was hot—very hot. While his friends went to the beach to prepare the towels, Hyukjae changed into his swim suits. After changing his clothes, he and his friends immediately ran into the sea. As soon as they went into the water, they started to push each other under water. Suddenly Hyukjae was gone. The friends looked around for him in custody until they heard him screaming out for help! 


Donghae couldn’t let the boy lose his life. He didn't waste any time with thinking, jumped into the water and tried to swim as fast as possible. He could see that a high wave was pushing the thin boy further down to water. Donghae dived down and hoped that he wasn't already late for the rescue. It wasn't easy to grab and pull him up due to the sudden turbulent water. When he managed to pull the thin boy to the surface, he asked him if he could swim on his own. But when he respond with a weak „no“ and threatened to lose consciousness, Donghae took him and swam with all his strength out of the water. He carried the boy in the shade. Donghae was glad that he hadn’t lost consciousness. He layed him down on his towel,opened his parasol and gave him something to drink, because he was sure that he had swallowed a lot of the salty water.

„Drink that“, Donghae talked with a calmy voice and helped the thin boy to sit up. In his right hand he held a water bottle.

„Thank you“, he replied with a whisper. He shyly took the cold drink and d on it. Donghae watched him all the time. He suddenly felt his heart racing. What was wrong with him?