Backstage Seats

Backstage Seats

 

You closed your eyes as the stylist dusted a shimmery eyeshadow to your eyelids.  She dabbed some gloss on your lips, then patted your shoulder. "You should leave now! Have fun, dear." She smiled and showed you which way the cab would be waiting. "Thank you, unni!" You couldn't contain your smile as you ran outside to the cab, your heart pounding.
 
Seungho, G.O, Doong, and Mir were waiting in the parking lot.  You were breathless after running all the way to the cab, but there was no cab to be found.  G.O noticed you first. "Yah, Nadia! What was taking you so long?" You felt so embarrassed. What were you supposed to tell him? You began to speak before he started laughing. "I was just kidding, Nad! Don't worry." He playfully nudged your shoulder.  Mir said, "Doesn't Nadia look stunning? She's so beautiful." The other members nodded, making you feel even more confident than before.  You noticed something was amiss. "Wait, where's Joon? Isn't he coming with us?" Just then, a sleek black Porsche pulled up in front of you and the four members.  The driver rolled the window down and it was none other than Joon. You smiled to yourself as you and the other members slid into the car.  
 
Joon turned to you and said, "Nad, you look so lovely! And you're wearing what I-" Mir shushed Joon by pinching his arm. "Yah! Don't say anything, okay?" He glared at Joon, and you felt scared.  What happened? Joon just shrugged and said, "Arasseo." He slammed his foot on the gas pedal and everyone lurched forward.  "What was that? Seriously, if you can't drive normally…" Seungho began.  Joon cut Seungho off.  He looked irritated. "Mir, it's not fair if you're getting credit for everything! Really!"  Mir sighed and turned to you. "Okay, while you were getting ready for the dinner, I was talking to Joon. I asked him if he could get you a small present because I felt like my solo stage wasn't a good enough performance.  I wasn't sure what to get you, so Joon said he would just choose something.  But then I remembered girls liked crowns, so I told him to get you one!  He sent me some pictures and I chose the prettiest one! Mianhae… jeongmal mianhe…" Mir lowered his head.  He looked ashamed.  You felt a jab in your heart.  "Mir, don't be sad! It's a really beautiful tiara. I will treasure it forever.  Thank you so much. It means even more that you gave it to me," you tried to reassure him.  Mir's face lit up in an instant.  "Really, Nad? Okay! I'm so glad you like it! Still, though, I'm sorry." He pouted.  His adorable pout was too much to bear.  You squeezed his hand and said, "Yes, it's so precious to me. Thank you!" Mir squeezed your hand back.  His wide smile made you feel fuzzy and warm inside.  You couldn't describe how glad you were to be in this moment.