Love letters

Love letters

 

He felt his fingertips brush against her soft cream skin, her nose wriggled when his finger touched her cheek, the sensation tingling her. Her head remained stiff on his shoulder as he tilted his head lightly on her blonde hair. She flinched and mumbled some words before smacking her thin, pink lips. He smiled, carefully pushing her head a little farther from him, positioned himself and placed her head on his lap.

He continued humming to himself, and checked his wall clock to the right of him, 3:32 am. His brain worked best in the dead of night; he liked not having any interruptions. “I need to write something,” he whispered to himself, grabbing the mechanical pencil on the desk in front of him and began writing in his notebook. His hunched position due to stretching towards his table to write, all the while having her head on his lap made her uncomfortable again. She kicked a little, and squirmed when he returned to his original position.

He wiped the page with his hand from any dirt as he finished and left the pencil on the table. Extending his arm to grab a book, he began reading while gently her hair.

Chaerin-ah,

I was supposed to work on some lyrics but I just needed to let this out: Thank you. You seem to know how to make my rainy days sunny again, you memorized the exact amount of sugar and cream in my coffee, and because of you, I always look extra forward to the next day when I see you again. I have these butterflies I haven’t felt in a long time and I’m grateful and happy for having these feelings again. I don’t know if they happen to you as strongly as they happen to me but they’re great. I’m always happy when working with you, but most importantly, that I didn’t miss out on the greatest girl I’ve ever come across. You know I’m not food with telling you my emotions and feelings face to face, which is why my confession is in this piece of paper. I’ll try harder to express them more. Jagi-yah, thank you and I love you.