Obsession

Music

 

‘Yokhae noh chyeobeorin nal yokhae

Muneojin nae shimjangeun nal beorijima

Nal honja dujima wichigo itjiman

Neol weonhae michin deut nan neol weonhae

Nal tteonan ne ibsureun saranghajima

Nal saranghajima neol beorin geojanha’

 

The sad lyrics seem to bounce off the walls and hit Taemin in the heart. Jonghyun had been writing lyrics, and showed his bandmates what he had written. No, not showed… He sang it to them in his beautiful voice, the one that would put angels to shame. But, this had to be one of the saddest songs the group had performed. Who was he singing about? Who were these beautiful words meant for? You can’t just write lyrics like this and pretend nothing had happened.

Jonghyun kept on singing the sad song, even rapping the last part, and he had finished. The always-happy puppy eyes shined with sadness. Who had made his hyung this sad? Taemin bit his lip at the thought that Jonghyun would be anything but happy. He was supposed to be the smiling one, the one that always kept the rest of them happy.

No, this time he locked himself in his room, and wrote lyrics all day. Even Key stopped trying to get through to him. Taemin shook his head slightly; Key was the first one to stop trying. Now, Jonghyun had finally come out of his room, only to sing this sad song for them. “How was it?” Jonghyun had a sad smile on his face. They all kept silent, absorbing what Jonghyun had just sung.

“That’s what you were working on for days?” The leader, Onew asked. Jonghyun nodded.

Key hummed the new song. “It’s nice… Only you could write this kind of thing, Jonghyun.” Key gave a small smile. “Who’s it about?” Key asked the question Taemin was already wondering.

Jonghyun frowned. “You know…” He bit his lip and didn’t speak the name. Of course he didn’t, this song had come from his heart, his broken one.

 


 

“Hyung…” Taemin grabbed Jonghyun’s hand as he tried to walk out of the room. He needed to ask him, and he finally had the courage to do so. “That song…” Taemin bit his lip. “It was about who?”

Jonghyun stiffened and frowned. “You know who it was about…”

The maknae sighed. “I want to make sure.”

“Key.” Jonghyun let the name pass through his mouth. Taemin nodded. He knew it. Was there ever going to be a song written for him? When he always tried to cheer up his hyungs with his aegyo, even though sometimes all he wanted to do was sit down and cry. Life was cruel.

“Why is it always about him? Can’t you see how I feel?” Taemin looked at eye level with his hyung. He had finally said it though; there wasn’t any turning back now.

“How you feel…?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. Taemin was expecting his hyung not to get what he meant.

Taemin gulped and nodded. “I’ve liked you for a while, hyung.” What surprised him was the fact the second after he said it, (which had to be the longest second of his entire life) warms arms wrapped around his body and warm tears started to fall on his shirt. “What?! Did I say something wrong?” Taemin hugged Jonghyun tightly and he cried.

Jonghyun shook his head though. “I like you too, Tae. I don’t know how long, but I have for a good amount of time.” Taemin froze. His hyung liked him back! Taemin smiled softly as their lips connected for a soft kiss.

Their lips were still against each other, not forcing the other to do anything else except kiss back. When they pulled apart, they were both smiling, Taemin wiping the last of Jonghyun's tears from his cheeks. “Hyung, can we watch something together?” Taemin grabbed Jonghyun’s hand.

“Yeah…” Jonghyun brought him to his room and they the TV and watched some Pokemon. “You like this right?” Taemin smiled as Jonghyun remembered one of his favorite shows. They cuddled for a while before they fell asleep, content in each other arms.

 


 

 

‘Yokhae noh chyeobeorin nal yokhae

Muneojin nae shimjangeun nal beorijima

Nal honja dujima wichigo itjiman

Neol weonhae michin deut nan neol weonhae

Nal tteonan ne ibsureun saranghajima

Nal saranghajima neol beorin geojanha’

Key softly sang the tune as he turned off the TV, smiling sadly at the new couple; sound asleep in each other’s arms. He put a blanket on them both and kissed their foreheads. “At least you’ll be happy, Jonghyun.” Key fought back tears and he closed the door, heading to Minho’s room for the night while the room he shared with Jonghyun was being occupied by someone else at the moment.