Some Say Love Is Not For Sinners

The Angels and Sinners Trilogy

 

A/N:

I wrote this as a one-shot, an entry for a contest I was in 2 years ago. Sadly, I didn't win LOL.
But I got inspired and wrote two more shots for the story.

So there :)

 

SOME SAY LOVE IS NOT FOR SINNERS
First Shot.

 

“Are you out of your mind? What if you get caught? You know how she is. She’s just… She’ll get really hurt, you know. And you and Key might get into trouble.” Jonghyun couldn’t believe what he just heard from his best friend Minho. Worry was all over his voice as he hit the younger’s shoulder. Just what was he thinking?

 

“Relax, hyung. She won’t know. And… I’ll be the one to tell her anyway, so don’t worry. I’ll let her know anytime soon.” Minho said as composed as he could, but he’s just as nervous actually. He never saw this coming, and now there’s really no turning back.

 

He loves him, from the moment he laid his eyes on that beautiful creature, it was as if he was being cursed of adoring it forever.

 

“And when would that be, I’m getting pretty tired of covering up for the both of you. If only Key’s not my college buddy, I would have sold him to Yuri.”

 

Minho glared at his best friend, rather scarily. “There is no way you’re going to do that.” He never looked at Jonghyun that way before.

 

“Yah, of course not. I won’t. I was just… I’m just worried, Minho. And don’t look at me like you’re going to strangle me. Ever since we graduated you suddenly changed, you know.” Jonghyun understood what his best friend meant and he’s the only one who knows about his other affair. It turns out to be with none other than his college friend, Key.

 

“This is my problem, okay. I’ll find a way to deal with it. But I really do need your support. Key’s your friend too right?” Minho looked at Jonghyun apologetically. He doesn’t want to involve his friend here, but he doesn’t know where to confide to anymore.

 

“I care about Yuri too you know, she’s my friend too and when she finds this out, aish, really Minho. What do you think you’re doing?”

 

“I don’t know either, hyung. All I know is that… I love him. And I’m serious about it. I’m going to fight for him.” Minho said with conviction, as if that’s the truest thing he ever said. He thinks it is.

 

“But how would you tell that to Yuri huh?” Jonghyun poured some beer on his glass and stared at it for awhile. His question however triggered the other one.

 

“You do know how clingy she is right? I don’t know what happened to me but I just couldn’t… love her anymore and she has to know that!”

 

“What the hell Minho. I didn’t know you could be such a heartbreaker. An at that.” Jonghyun tapped the table in front of him but he just shrugged his head. “But it’s better than to force yourself. I credit you for being so honest.”

 

Minho tried to smile. “I’ll fix this as soon as I can. But right now, I just need your help.”

 

“What did Yuri ever do to deserve this?” Jonghyun couldn’t say anything now but to ask. He wasn’t sure anymore if what his best friend will be doing would be the right thing.

 

What did she ever do? The answer is nothing. She did nothing for this relationship to work.

 

Minho tried even harder not to say it to his lover’s face. Everyday was just the same. Sure he got a decent job and he was doing fine, but where is the thrill in this relationship? He just couldn’t feel it anymore. Things just keep on recurring, as if someone just pushed the ‘repeat’ button on his life.

 

“Minho… where are you going?” Yuri might be that ‘someone’, and Minho just didn’t like the way Yuri controls his life, ever since the words ‘You’re mine, Minho’ and ‘Let’s live together’ slipped from her lips. Yuri hasn’t got a job until now, and it has been two years since they graduated from the university. She just lives to party and to go out with her friends. Who knows what she’s been doing when she goes out.

 

“I’m just… going over at Jonghyun’s. I’ll be back by 8pm.” Minho mentally swore to himself. Here you go again, you’ve just lied. But deep inside, Minho sure knows how happy he felt when he does that. I’m a sinner, and I know that.

 

“8pm? But you said we’d be going to Jessica’s birthday party at 6, together.” Yuri pouted and put her arms around her lover’s neck before the man could even make a move towards the door.

 

“Shoot! Yes, I remember. Just… I’ll just come over at 8 okay? We have… Jonghyun and I… we have some things to attend to.” Minho tried to sound guilty. Jessica was Yuri’s best friend, and he knows that Yuri will get angry if they won’t come over the party as early as possible. But then… He couldn’t possibly accompany her right now…

 

“Things to attend to? Like what things?” She’s at it again, like everything must be reported to her. It’s just… irritating to answer all those questions. The same questions everyday, who won’t get tired of them right?

 

“It’s a college thing.” Minho just stared at her, coldness was in his eyes, to show how much the questioning displeases him.

 

“Better not cheat on me, Minho. You know what happens if I find you cheating again.”

 

Damn it. Just damn it. Minho thought. Just what is she thinking? The first time she accused him of cheating, she consumed all of the medicines on her cabinet. AND MINHO WASN’T EVEN REALLY CHEATING. He was just talking to his client when Yuri found them eating lunch at a restaurant near his office. That triggered his love being questioned. And their relationship wasn’t like before anymore.

 

But how could he ever leave her? He tried to break it up once, and then what? He found Yuri on the edge of the cliff, ready to jump anytime.

 

“Who would I cheat you with? Jonghyun? That’s really funny, Yuri.” Minho just laughed it off and set his feet towards the door, conscious of his heart beating a little bit faster. She can’t know right? There is no way she would ever know.

 

“Who knows? I should really talk to that Jonghyun just in case he knows something I don’t.”

 

Minho felt his fists clenched. He wanted to tell it straight but then it wasn’t that easy. “Don’t make me laugh. And please, stop with all those nonsense.”

 

“I’m just warning you, Choi Minho. But anyway, call me, okay? I’ll be waiting for you at Jessica’s.”

 

Minho just sighed and waved her off before zooming into his BMW, away from this hell, and on to his angel.

 

“Baby, I’m really sorry. I know I’m always late and I really like to make it up—“

 

He was cut by a kiss in the lips, and he suddenly forgot what he’s going to say. All he knows now is how much he waited for this night. How he yearned for this warmth, the feeling of really being at home. It’s been days since he last saw him.

 

“Don’t try to mention it again or else I’ll get really angry.” The other said in between his sweet kisses. Minho cupped his chin and placed his arms on that slender waist as he explored those lips. He can’t help but smile as he scanned over this familiar face. He found himself mesmerized in those catlike eyes as they closed. Key gave way as he tilted his neck and Minho placed kisses in every part of it. The older didn’t realize he fell quiet for awhile.

 

“Say something, Minho.” Key caressed his cheeks before planting a sweet kiss on his collarbone.

 

“Hm… I missed you.”

 

Key’s chuckle echoed in the room and it was enough for Minho to feel heaven. It was Key who completes his life now. Nothing else.

 

“I missed you even more.” Key’s embrace became tighter as he ran his finger along Minho’s hair. Minho could only stare at this creature in front of him. No one could be as perfect and beautiful as this one. He wouldn’t trade Key for anything in this world.

 

“How’s my angel?”

 

“Can you please stop calling me that? Jonghyun says it doesn’t fit me.” Key chuckled. “But anyway, as usual, Physics is such a suicidal course.” He just rolled his eyes and looked down at the tons of homeworks on his desk. But unfortunately, they’ll be left undone until tomorrow.

 

‘I learned about all that through Jonghyun. Just… do well and study hard, okay?” Minho just smiled as the other nodded. He sniffed that familiar strawberry scent. How he missed it. Some things never really change.

 

“I still have lots of stories for you, mister. They could last a night.” Key excitedly said as he gave him a peck on the cheek. Minho froze. He remembered he promised to stay the night. Why did it have to be so complicated now?

 

The smile never escapes from Key’s face. “Oh, I made some dinner for you. Have you eaten already?” He lets go with his tight grip but before he could even advance, Minho just grabbed him back as it was his turn to embrace him tightly.

 

“Baby, I’m so sorry. I won’t be long tonight. I forgot it’s… Jessica’s birthday and Yuri… she wanted me to come over early for the party.” It was almost killing him to say those words, but they both know they can’t do anything about it.

 

“Oh. I see.” Key could only look down, feeling all defeated. He doesn’t have the right to complain. Who was he anyway? The girl owns Minho. He suddenly puts down his arms and nodded. “Off you go then.”

 

“Key…” Minho said worriedly.

 

“It’s enough for me to see you again” Key took a step and tried to sound jolly, aware of the tears ready to explode anytime soon. He waited for days to be with Minho again. Why was he so stupid falling for him anyway? It’s my fault I ended up this way.

 

“I can’t take another night without you by my side.” Minho pulled him again and this time, it was forceful, and desperate. Key was caught off-guard so he almost stumbled but luckily, Minho caught him.

 

“This is so wrong.”

 

“Key… Don’t be like this.”

 

“What did you turn me into Minho?”

 

“W-what do you mean?” Minho then realized that his Key was indeed crying. He swallowed hard as he felt his heart shatter with his angel’s pained voice.

 

“I feel like I’m a sinner just by thinking that I sleep beside someone else’s man. Do you know how bad that feels?”

 

It was followed by some silent sobs. Key never cried in front of Minho. He doesn’t want to look vulnerable. But tonight he has had enough. He let himself fall so deeply with this man to the point that he almost couldn’t live without him. He felt so attached that he felt he couldn’t let go. Why did he ever choose to be in this position? He was only number 2, and it should be a slap in the face.

 

“Darn it. I don’t want to be a crybaby!” Key catches his breath in an attempt to stop himself from wailing. He shouldn’t be like this, else Minho will have a hard time leaving.

 

“It’s okay Bummie.” The taller one held the other up on his nape and pulled him close to him. “I’m so sorry. I’m sorry for turning you this way.”

 

Key tried to recollect himself. He felt selfish now, which he hasn’t been in a long time but over and over again, he still has to give way for the girl. Yuri.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be acting this way. I don’t have the right to.” He pushed himself away from Minho, even if it pains him to and wiped the stupid tears that kept flowing down.

 

But Minho was persistent, he kept him secured in his arms, not wanting to let go. He needed to do something. This has got to stop, or else Key will just keep on hurting.

 

“Kibummie… I promised not to make you cry… but now… I’m doing it. I feel like I’m such a jerk. I always break my promises.” Minho kissed him in the forehead. He couldn’t forgive himself for making his angel cry. He never meant everything to turn out this way. But what was done is done, and even though it was an unforgivable sin, he knows he’s going to prove his love for Key in the end.

 

“It’s enough, Minho. I-I understand.” Key gathered up the courage to really push him away. It was always like this whenever Minho goes away. He wondered how he ever survived those nights without him by his side. “You have to go now.”

 

“I’ll be back tomorrow, okay?” Minho tried to wipe those tears but Key looked away.

 

“Just go, I’ll be alright.”

 

Minho sighed and pulled his phone from his pocket and put it down on Key’s desk. “Just to make sure I’ll be back, I’ll leave this.”

 

“But Minho…”

 

“I’m going to bring Jonghyun over here tomorrow so that we could check your homeworks together, sounds like a good idea right?” Minho tried to smile just to ease his angel’s pain. He knows it’s useless but at least he tried.

 

And before Key could even answer back, Minho gave him one goodnight kiss. It was passionate, and needy. He closed his eyes, savouring the moment. When their faces were apart, Key was strong enough to walk away and sit on his apartment’s kitchen counter.

 

“Goodnight, Minho.”

 

“I love you, Key.” And then, Minho was gone.

 

As soon as he heard the car came into a halt, Key buried his face in his hands and he let those tears come out again. He couldn’t take this anymore. It’s just too much to take. He never ever let himself get attached to anyone before, but Minho was an exception. He gave him his all. He even turned down every boy and girl for him.

 

He heard the phone on the desk ring. He almost jumped out of shock, before he came back to his senses.

 

He was about to answer the phone when he realized the name flashing on the screen. The call suddenly turned into a voice mail.

 

“Minho? Where are you? I’m here at Jessica’s now. Oh, and bring Jonghyun along, Jessica wants to see him, you know she had this little crush on him during college right? Better hurry up. If you come earlier than I expect, I’ll give you a reward tonight. You know you want that. Bye, love you.”

 

The voice was enough for his knees to weaken as he slides by the wall onto the floor. It was Yuri, and the way she said those last three words… it was kind of seductive. Key bit his lips to stop himself from yelling. He wanted to explode as he clutched into his chest. He wanted to disappear and never to show himself again, out of shame. He was really bad for falling for Minho, wasn’t he?

 

Using Minho’s phone, he called up that one person that could help him. Jonghyun.

 

“Minho? We were close. I didn’t know you’ll be going to him again. Why didn’t you tell me? I was about to go to Jessica’s but then Yuri called me and asked me if I was with you. I just know you weren’t together. How could you still go to Key tonight when you know it’s Jessica’s birthday? Geez, dude, I just saved your !”

 

“H-Hyung?” Key’s voice cracked but there wasn’t anything that he could do about it now.

 

There was silence on the other line. “K-Kimkey? Is that you?”

 

“Y-You… you’re covering us up? How long have you been doing this?!” Key didn’t know how to feel after finding it out. He should be thankful, but then, shouldn’t he feel guilty more?

 

Who’s the angel? I turn everyone into a sinner. Everyone has had enough lies for me now. I couldn’t tolerate this anymore.

 

“Key… I’m just doing this for Minho and you—“

 

“Let me do something right this time, hyung.” He hung up and immediately went to his bedroom. Tonight’s the right time to do it. He shouldn’t rely to anyone anymore.

 

Key’s first target was his closet.

 

“, , . Minho, where are you?!” Jonghyun felt his heartbeat running fast. He just screwed up. Aish, everything is just so complicated now. He couldn’t contact Minho now, and when he tried calling his phone again, it was out of reach.

 

So they weren’t together? Where the hell is Minho then?

 

“Jonghyun! I forgot to call you. Damn it, good thing I wasn’t caught!” Minho came running towards Jonghyun as soon as he saw his car on the parking lot.

 

“Yes, we weren’t caught but we have a huge problem.” Jonghyun was as pale as a white sheet.

 

“W-What’s the matter?” Minho didn’t waste any time as he hopped in Jonghyun’s car.

 

“Minho?! Where are you going?” Yuri was running to the parking lot, trying to catch up with the moving car.

 

“To where he really belongs.” Jonghyun was the one who answered for him. Minho could only smile amidst the worry.

 

But he almost fell apart as he opened Key’s apartment door and there, he found nothing anymore.

 

“Key! Key! Bummie, where are you?! Key, please!” Everything was neatly placed in boxes, and one thing caught his eye.

 

“No… no… This couldn’t be.” He felt his tears are falling from his eyes as he walked towards Key’s desk.

 

There he found the things that he gave Key ever since they got together. Hats, scarves, earrings for Key’s piercing, little things such as pens and love notes. They were arranged orderly.

 

“W-where did he go?” Jonghyun wanted to cry too.

 

Minho picked his phone up, which was resting on Key’s favourite phone holder (which was also from Minho). A little note was beside it.

 

My dearest Minho,

 

I guess it will be for the better. I’m so sorry I have to do this.

I hope you and Yuri will be happy. Do inform me if those wedding bells are on the way, okay? (:

 

Key

 

Minho wanted to die. He felt his fist clenching. Key ran away, didn’t he? How could he now? When Minho was ready enough to fight for him? How could he leave him now that he needed him the most?

 

His phone suddenly lights up, and when he pressed the OK button, a video suddenly played. It was a video of Key himself, recorded on his phone, but it was on the folder where the deleted media go. Maybe Key recorded it but decided to delete it in the end. Minho knows it should be hurtful, but he really wanted to see him so badly so he continued with it.

 

In the video, Key was crying so hard, his eyes were puffy and red. How Minho wanted to hug him and tell him everything will be alright. To kiss him and tell him he won’t go anywhere and he’s Key’s, from the very start.

 

Yah, Choi Minho. Do you know how much effort I had to exert to do this? It hurts so much and yet, I had to let go since you’re not mine from the very start. I had to run away, I realized this would be much easier. And that little note I wrote, damn that. You know I would hate you if you ever invite me in your wedding , right? But anyway, what am I saying?

 

Key sighed hard and tried to laugh even though he looked like he was going to explode.

 

I love you, Minho. And I don’t want you to be bad. I can’t take what you’re doing anymore. I don’t know if you ever really loved me or I was just for your entertainment, but all I know is that I have always loved you. I sound so stupid right now, I know that. But I wanted to tell you that.

 

I love you, and I guess I just have to hold on with that fact to keep me going.

 

Please don’t be a sinner again, okay? Love her with all your heart. She doesn’t deserve to be treated like this. And I’ll get myself happy someday too. Thank you for bearing with me, I don’t know how to—

 

And the video was cut.

 

Minho threw his cellphone at the sink as he fell on his knees. He couldn’t hear Jonghyun’s voice calling him anymore. He felt his world crumbled as clutched his chest. This is just so much to take. Key doesn’t deserve this. He wasn’t the sinner here.

 

How could he ever bring him back?

 

 

Minho was running late for his next class. He forgot to bring his umbrella and he was lucky enough that it was raining real hard. Yeah right, Yuri sure will kill him.

 

He was sneezing and freezing. His building was still 500 meters away and he just had to keep going on. He held onto his jacket, afraid that his stuff will get wet by the harsh rain. His family couldn’t afford to buy new ones to replace them.

 

It was getting really cold that he had to stop to the nearest building. Physics. He tiptoed his way inside to warm himself a little. His professor would understand why he was late anyway.

 

“Shh, they might hear you.” Some giggling after and Minho immediately recognized the voice. He couldn’t be mistaken. He hid himself behind the tall post. It wasn’t his nature to care about other people’s business, either listen to other’s conversation, but he just had to know what’s going on.

 

“So what? Why couldn’t they just know the truth?”

 

“Are you out of your mind? They can’t. He couldn’t know this. Chansung!”

 

“Oh come on, Yuri. What have you ever saw in that loser Minho? I can definitely do better than that poor kid.”

 

“I know. But, I love him too. Like I love you.”

 

Minho felt his knees weaken as the sound of catching breath was heard. He just knew that they were kissing. He mustered the courage to take a peek. He doesn’t want to believe what he heard just now. He doesn’t want to believe that it was indeed Yuri.

 

But it was Yuri. His Yuri.

 

“You’re mine.” Chansung concluded as they share one passionate kiss.

 

Minho felt hot tears flowing down from his eyes as he covered his mouth. It hurts. He gave it all he’s got. He’s proved himself worthy of Yuri, and this is what he got in return?

 

He couldn’t take this anymore. He felt his feet move forward, but he wasn’t aware that he was heading towards the two.

 

Until he collided with someone. It was warm, and inviting. He felt a warm shoulder and a pair of arms supporting him. He wasn’t able to resist the strawberry scent being emitted by the other.

 

“Omo, are you alright?”

 

Minho was caught off-guard by that voice. It was almost… heavenly. He knew he wasn’t in his right mind now. “A-are you an angel?”

 

“W-what?”

 

“Minho?!” A worried voice he recognized as Yuri was getting nearer. Minho felt his anger seeped in, so he pushed those arms away from him and ran as fast as he could. Where to go? He wasn’t sure. Just away from here.

 

“If it isn’t the Physics department’s popular Kim Kibum. What’s with you and Minho? Is Minho cheating with me now?” Yuri eyed the figure in front of her. She couldn’t hide the fact how gorgeous he looked. Rumor has it that he’s still single. Maybe she should try him some other time.

 

“Maybe you should ask yourself that question, Miss.” Kibum, or most popular with Key, just bent down and picked his stuffs that fell down when that guy bumped into him. He looked somewhat familiar, maybe because he was this witch’s boyfriend. (He doesn’t even know Yuri, but they say she’s popular). Such a waste for a handsome face, he thought.

 

“Key…” Chansung called out as Key walked past them.

 

“You have good taste for women, Chansung. We’re done.” With a carefree soul, Key just shrugged it off. There are still many other good guys out there. He’s still young anyway.

 

“Oi Kimkey! Where have you been? We’re gonna be late.” His buddy Jonghyun called from the second floor. He’s such a boisterous person, but he liked him that way.

 

“Just broke up with my boyfriend, hyung.” He put his arms over Jonghyun’s shoulder as soon as they met at the second floor lobby. Jonghyun maybe older but they treat each other as if they’re of the same age.

 

“W-wait, wait, wait, was that Yuri?” Jonghyun’s eyes looked down as he saw his best friend’s girlfriend.

 

But Key didn’t bother looking down, instead his eyes wandered by the window as he saw the man he bumped into earlier, who was sitting by his favorite bench down there, under the cold rain. Minho was his name, if he heard it right?

 

“Hyung, someone just called me an angel.”

 

“What the hell? Maybe that someone didn’t know how much of a sinner you are. With that gorgeous face of yours, you turn everyone into a sinner too, you know.”

 

Key just chuckled as he hit the older’s shoulder. “Maybe, hyung, maybe. but I don’t really mind being a sinner sometimes.” And he just shook his head thinking how stupid he was for having said that.

 

Maybe I should bump with him again, some other time.

 

A/N:

Second shot will be posted... erm... after I beta it again :P