When Dreams

When Dreams

When dreams are better

A frown instantly makes its way to her face as her eyes flutter open and she shoots up in bed.

                Sooyoung looks around at her surroundings; her hand coming up to lightly tap her cheek. She really is awake. She groans at the realization as she buries her face in her hands. Images of the dream she just had flash though her brain and she curses inwardly. She hates how dreams are better than her reality. She hates how she can be free and happy in her dreams when she is anything but in real life.

A sob escapes her lips

How is she supposed to face another day when in her dreams Eunhyuk is with her instead of being comatose in the hospital?

 

When dreams are worse

                Something resembling a scream escapes Sungmin’s lips; one that was so sudden that it sent Kyuhyun falling off his bed. A beat passes and Leeteuk rushes into the room with a baseball bat in his hands; a half-asleep Heechul practically falling into the room soon after. Kyuhyun groans as he got up from the floor, scowling at his roommate who is now sitting on his bed with wide eyes.

“What happened to you?”

Sungmin turns wide eyes at Leeteuk. “Where’s Sooyoung? Is she okay? Is she hurt? Where is she? I need to see her!”

The eldest of the four in the room lowers his baseball bat; a look of complete confusion on his face. “She’s in the living room, watching a movie with Siwon and Yesung.”

                Sungmin is out of his bed in a flash, jumping over Heechul, who os asleep on the floor, before running out his bedroom. True to the Super Junior leader’s words, Sooyoung is seated in between their two friends; the trio apparently engrossed in some kind of comedy film. Sungmin lets out a sigh of relief as he runs towards her, promptly squeezing himself in between the brunette and Yesung before engulfing her in her arms.

“Oppa, wait. I can’t breathe.” Sooyoung tries to pull herself away but to no avail. “You fell asleep so I watched with Siwon and Yesung oppas for a while. Oppa, what happened? Why are you hugging me like this?”

Sungmin opens his mouth, ready to say that he had a dream of how she had left him for some other guy, but held it back, choosing instead to hug her tighter. “I just love you. You know that, right?”

 

When dreams are true

Heechul arches an eyebrow. “Look who the zombie apocalypse brought in.”

“Shut up, oppa.” Sooyoung makes a face at him, taking a seat on one of the two vacant chairs. “Did you two at least order me something?”

“What do you take us for? Heartless friends?” Jessica feigns hurt; a genuine look of concern soon on her face. “Soo, what happened? You look like you didn’t get enough sleep.”

“I didn’t.” The younger woman mutters. “Had a dream last night, couldn’t sleep and here I am.”

She opens to speak, only to be caught off momentarily when their food arrives. “What did you dream about?”

“Yunho oppa kissed me.”

Heechul nearly spits out his coffee, coughing continuously while Jessica rolls her eyes at her boyfriend. “What else happened?”

“He said he likes me.” Sooyoung reaches over to gently thud Heechul’s back. “Oppa, are you okay?”

“Yunho does like you, you know.” He suddenly blurts in between coughs.

“What?”

“Thanks for keeping it a secret, hyung.” Yunho scowls as he stands behind Heechul with his arms crossed over his chest.

 

When dreams are fears

“Leeteuk oppa!” A bright, relieved smile crosses Sooyoung’s face as she ses the familiar figure walking out of the gates of the military camp. Running through the huge crowd of people, she absently mutters her apologies over and over again as she pushes her way towards the front. “Oppa!”

                Tears wells up in her eyes as his eyes find hers once she reaches the front. She is just too damn happy to see him after two years and relief washes through her to see him healthy and well. But the smile on her face soon disappeares when she realizes that Leeteuk is just blankly staring at her; no smile, no twinkle in his eye, nothing. Leeteuk turns and walks away, leaving Sooyoung standing there in shock at what just happened.

“Oppa!” She screams as loud as she could but he just keeps walking away from her. “OPPA!”

“SOOYOUNG!”

                Her eyes snap open and a shaky breath escapes her. Slowly but surely she realizes that she is in a living room; a paused scene of Pearl Harbor flashing across the screen. It is then she becomes aware of the hand on her arm; another cupping her face as she turns her wide, frantic eyes to meet his soft, distressed ones.

“It’s just a dream.” Leeteuk whispers soothingly. “It’s just a dream. It’s okay. It’s just a dream.”

She wraps her arms around him in an instant, hugging him close to her. “You’re not going to forget me when you leave, right, oppa? You won’t forget me, right?”

“Of course I won’t.” He hugs her back. “How can I forget a girl like you?”