Cafuné

Cafuné

It was a habit of his that she loved so much.

                She loved the feeling of his fingers brushing through her long, brown hair. It was something soothing, something that he did so lovingly. Every time his touch collides with her hair, it sent a tingling sensation coursing through her and as weird as it may sound to others, it was one of her simplest joys in life. It was a sign of his affection, of her importance and it was something that she would always appreciate.

                The early morning sunlight pushed its way past the blinds that covered the window, slowly filtering the room here and there. She sighed; the air was still cold and the sun was a welcomed addition. She closed her eyes, letting herself focus solely on the fingers combing through her hair. The calm rise and fall of the chest where her head laid fought against the inner turmoil that was starting to build within her. Her arms tightened around the waist they were wrapped around; the fingers brushing through her hair coming to a stop.

“What’s wrong?”

“Life is so unfair.”

“Sooyoungie…”

“It’s true, oppa.” She sniffed, burying her face against his chest. “I’m going to miss that.”

“Miss what?”

Tears soaked his shirt. “How you always run your fingers through my hair.”

“Hey…” Leeteuk leaned against the headboard of the bed; his hand coming up to cup her face and gently pulled it away from his chest. “Don’t talk like that.”

                Their gazes locked as more and more tears ran down her face; his thumb brushing away as much as it could. He could clearly see the despair in her eyes and she could see the hope in his. The contrast was so stark that she could only wish that she had the same look in her eyes too. Sighing, Leeteuk lowered his head and pressed it on hers, kissing all her troubles away. Sooyoung pushed herself up until she was straddling him, kissing him with everything she had in her.

“I’m going to lose my hair to chemotherapy.” She whispered once they parted for air. “You’re going to think I’m ugly.”

Leeteuk rested his forehead on hers; their noses nearly touching. “I won’t. You’d always be the most beautiful girl for me.”

“Liar.” Sooyoung pressed her lips on his.

He wiped the remaining tears off when they parted once more. “Besides, I’d rather you lose your hair if it meant that I wouldn’t lose you.”

                The brunette allowed herself to flash him a small smile, carefully sliding off of him until she was merely lying by his side. Sighing, her head found its place back on his chest; her arms wrapped around his waist. Almost automatically, his fingers began brushing through her hair over and over again as if going along with an unheard, relaxing melody. Her head tucked under his chin, Leeteuk continued to lovingly comb his fingers to her soft, fine chocolate brown locks. He closed his eyes; his thoughts flickering to that day when Heechul, Sooyoung’s doctor, told both of them that she had become the latest victim of cancer.

He was going to make most of the time.