A separate love ~Season 1~

A separate love ~Season 1~ (ONESHOT)

 

Under the shining stars, I lie down staring up, looking at the beautiful sky. The moon and the stars shining brightly and staring down at me. It felt so romantic to be there if we were with the person we love. "If only I found my love, I'll bring him here and tell him how much I really love him", I said to myself.

Closing my eyes, I almost drift off to sleep when suddenly someone taps my shoulder. I was shocked and quickly turn around to see who it is. "Oh, it’s just you Yabu", I told Yabu, my best friend. "HAHA! Why? Are you shocked?" he asks while giggling at my facial expression. "No, I was just thinking who the hell taps me at night” , I replied hiding my scared feeling. “HAHA! Whatever you said! “ , he replies funnily and lies down beside me.

“The stars and moon are nice isn’t? Wouldn’t be nice if we are lying here with someone we love on a romantic date together? ”, he asked me. “Yeah it is quite romantic”, I replied thinking how the hell he had the same thinking as I did. Yabu closed his eyes and fell to a deep sleep. “ Yabu, have you ever been in a relationship where you really love that someone and never wants that person to leave you?” I asked Yabu. There was no response. “Yabu? What the? I’m talking to myself? Baka!” I said while getting irritated because I was ignored. Suddenly, Yabu’s head fell to my shoulder. “Err..Yabu..Yabu?” I tried shoving his head off my shoulder. “ Err for the heck of trying”, I give up pushing his head and I fell asleep.

[Morning]

“Oi..Wake up..Oi Atiqah..WAKE UP!” Yabu yelled at me jokingly. “Huh? What?” I woke up sleepily. “It’s morning already and I want to eat”, he said to me and smiling. “You and your stomach!” I said to him smiling. “Hey, what if you come to my house and I’ll cook you breakfast? It’ll be Oishii!” , he replied while pulling me up. “Okay!” I said to him agreeingly for being cooked a breakfast by a Chef’s son!

[At Yabu Kota’s House]

“Oishii desu! Arigato ne Yabu!” I said to Yabu while slurping down the spaghetti. “You’re cute when you’re hungry ne?” Yabu said to me. “NANI?! What are you trying to mean by that?” I joked at him. Yabu just smiled and left to the kitchen. Yabu came out from the kitchen and sat next to me at the dining table bringing another plate of spaghetti for him. “Eto, Yabu, ano...Yesterday on the hill, I was asking you whether you have been in a relationship before and you fell asleep. Have you?” I asked. “Dare? Ore? If I have should I even tell you?” he replies and started laughing. “I’m just asking…since you are my best friend since elementary school and I did not know anything about your private stuffs” , I said to him. “ No…I never had one but I have a certain feeling for this one girl though”, he told me.

“Oowa! May I know who?” I asked in desperation. “ My mum!” he laughed at his joke.

I ignored him. “Actually, the person whom I have liked is you, Atiqah. It’s been long since I started liking you and I don’t know when I want to tell you my true feelings for you.” Yabu said in his heart while looking at me. "Aieru", he whispered softly...

 

 

[Chapter 2]

After eating, Yabu and I went out for a walk in the park. “Atiqah…Since you asked me if I have ever been in a relationship, what about you?” he asked shyly. “Umm…ore? Hmm…Actually I do have someone whom I have feelings to”, I said giggling. “Hontou? Dare? Haha! Don’t tell me it’s your father cos it’s not funny!” he started laughing. “No…it’s not my father…I’m serious…I have feelings for Yama chan” , I told him shyly. “YAMADA RYOSUKE? Oh…you like him huh? Nande?” he asked. “Yama chan is cute and nice to other people and he’s just my type…don’t you think?” I replied. “Souka? Oh…Yeah…I think you both make a cute couple together”, he replied. “Err…I have to go…I need to clean my room”, he said in a rush. “Oh okay…bye”, I replied.“Why is he so in a rush? Oh..never mind!”, I told myself.

[Yabu’s house]

“So it’s Yamada all along. I should have known all this while huh? It’s okay…as long as she is happy, I’m happy for her”, Yabu said sadly.

[Meanwhile at the park…]

“What should I do? There’s nothing to do at home…huh”, I said in boredom. While I was walking, suddenly, *bumped*,I bumped to a person. It was Yamada. “ Ahh..gomenasai. I never see you…I’m sorry I was walking and I…” I stutter. “Daijoubu…Wait, aren’t you Atiqah from 2A?” he asked. “Ehh? You know me? How can a popular guy like you know me?” I stared at him in disbelief. “HAHA…You’re a cute person aren’t you? Of course I know you. You’re the daughter of the famous businessman, Domoto Koichi of the Domoto and Co right?”, he laughed. “HAHA…Oh yeah…That’s my father”, I smiled at my silliness. There was silence. “Eto…where are you heading to?” I asked him to break the silence. “I’m just walking because I’m bored. What about you?” he asked. “Same as you..heh” I replied. “Oh..may I walk with you then?” he asked. “Yup, sure”, I replied smiling.

I felt so happy that Yamada wanted to walk with me. While we were strolling at the park, his cell phone rang. “Moshi moshi?”, he answered and started talking. “Aww…Isn’t he cute talking on the phone?” I told myself. “Dare?” I asked after he ended the call. “It’s just my mother asking where I am”, he replied. “Oh, you have a caring mum huh? I think she’s worried about you. You should go home”, I told him. “Okay…Let me send you home first.” We both walked to my house.

[At the front of my house]

“Thanks for sending me home! “, I told Yamada. “No problem…Thanks for walking with me at the park. I had a fun time talking to you and knowing you”, he replied and smile. He walked away from my gate but stopped and came back. “Nande Yama-chan?” I asked him. “Erm…Can I have your number? Maybe I could ask you out or something…?” he asked shyly. “Oh sure..” I told him and gave him my number. “Thank you..jaa ne!” he replied. I waved at him. My heart was beating very fast. “Yamada had never asked a girl for her number before…” I giggled and went inside my house.

But somewhere near my house, Yabu was there bringing lunch for me and listening and watching to what Yamada and I was doing. With a sad face, he left in sadness…

 

 

[Chapter 3]

The next morning, in school, I walk down the hallway and went to Yabu’s locker. He was there taking out his books for today’s lesson. “Ohaiyo Yabu!” I greeted him excitedly. “Oh…Ohaiyo” he greeted me back and gives a fake smile. “Yesterday, I had a great time at the park you know! I bumped to him yesterday and we started talking and he sends me home…Oh he’s so sweet isn’t he?” I said dreamily thinking of yesterday. “Yeah…he’s a great guy. Lucky you” Yabu said. “Oh yeah…And you know what? He asked for my number! He never asks for any girl’s number before! Oh my I am so in love!” I told him. Yabu just smile and helped me carry my books.

In the classroom, Yabu and I put our books on the table and sit. “Good morning Yabu! Nice weather today isn’t?” Sakura Hideaki said to Yabu. “Oh…Hai”, Yabu replied. It was known that Sakura has liked Yabu since the freshman year and till now she still likes him but Yabu never pays attention to her. I opened my table to put my books underneath and found a stalk of rose with a card attached to the stem. “To the sweetest girl that walked with me at the park yesterday… With Love, Yamada Ryosuke” the card reads. I smiled and showed Yabu the rose. He just smiles at me.

After class, I went to my locker and Yamada was waiting for me. “Hey…do you like the rose?” he asked. “HAHA…yeah…I like it very much! Thanks!” I said with a smile. “Do you want to go lunch with me? My treat” he asked. “I’d love to” I told him. “Alright then…see you at 12 o’clock!” he told me and left. “1 hour to go for lunch! Can’t wait!” I said to myself. I walk back to my classroom for study period. “Atiqah! Want to go out and have lunch outside together?” Yabu asked me immediately upon him entering the classroom. “Oh…gomen ne Yabu. Not today…I have plans with Yamada during lunch. What about after school?” I told him. “Oh okay then. After school it is” Yabu said cheering up a little.

[Lunch]

Yamada waits for me outside the class. After I went out of the class, he grabs my hand and holds it tightly and walked with me out of school. Everyone watched us, whispering and gossiping wondering why Yamada was with me. “Err…Yama chan, they are looking at us” I told Yamada. “Daijoubu, let them be…I want to show them that I have the most sweetest girl in my life and I am not the type of guys who flirts around with girls. I smiled and said “that’s the sweetest thing a guy has ever said to me” and held him tight. He smiled and leads the way out.

In the corner, Yabu was there…watching and feeling sad. “Hurt aren’t you? The feeling of hurt that left us tearing up alone” a guy said. Yabu turns and saw Yamamoto Yusuke, his senior in baseball. “How do you know senpai? I have never felt this hurt ever…she has been the apple of my eye and someone stole her from me but whatever it is, I’m happy for her” he told Yamamoto. “How I know is because every time you play baseball you will stare at her while she is playing basketball” he said. “Hah…that’s because I like to look at her. Every time I’m with her, I feel that I’m with angels. I…I really love her” Yabu confessed. “I understand you kouhai…Let her realize that there is a person who really loves her and who understands her right here” Yamamoto said trying to cheer Yabu up.

[At the restaurant meanwhile…]

“This is my favourite restaurant in Japan. I love the ramen here its delicious” Yamada told me. “HAHA…I didn’t know you have a liking in ramen!” I chuckled. “I do but I have a liking in you too…” he admits. “Oh…HAHA…” I laughed. At the table, Yamada asked “So, do you have any best friends or friends that you trust the most?” “Oh…I do. Yabu Kota! He’s been my best friend since elementary school and we had been in the same class together every time. “Wow…he must be someone you treasure a lot right?” I just nodded and smiled. “ Between Yabu and me, who do you treasure the most?” Yamada asked suddenly. “I…I…” I stutter.

 

 

[Chapter 4]

“It’s okay…I’m just joking in asking you that question! HAHA! Chill will you? You look so pale” he laughed. “HAHA! Hey…I can’t choose between someone I have a crush on and my best friend okay! HAHA!” I said not realizing I had confessed a secret. “What did you say again? Someone you have a crush on?” Yamada said slowly coming closer to me. “What I mean to say is someone who is…” I stop talking when Yamada put his finger on my lips. “Don’t lie to me…You fell for me too don’t you?” he said and put his face close to mine. “I…I…” I tried to think of something to say. “You don’t have to deny it…I like you too” he admitted and kissed me on the lips. It was an affectionate kiss that could make any girl faints because of his charming looks.

“That was…” I said after he pulled himself back. “Awesome?” he chuckled. “Sudden I mean…HAHA…” I said giggling. “Can I send you home after school? I have something to show you” Yamada asked. “Yeah…sure!” I agreed with an excited face. After eating, we went back to school for extra activities. “So Atiqah, about our meeting after school…I thought that I want to show you this place…It’s quite nice and I want you to see it” Yabu told me. “Oh Yabu! I am so sorry! I forgot all about our meeting after school and I made plans with Yamada after school. I am so sorry!” I told Yabu. “Oh…daijoubu dayo…It’s fine. We can go there any other time” Yabu smiled. “I’m glad you understand Yabu. Thank you!” I sighed with happiness.

[At the field]

“She had started to forget our plans together…what’s next? She’s going to forget me?” Yabu said to Yamamoto. “I don’t think she will forget you. You had been her best friend for a long time!” Yamamoto said consoling him. “There will be a dance this Friday and maybe you could ask her first and during that time, admit to her how you felt towards her” Yamamoto said. “What’s the use? I think Yamada would’ve asked her already” Yabu sighed. “No, the senpai of year 3 was told first before the kouhai of year 1 and 2. It is our graduation night and I want you to know because you have been my good friend during my years in baseball…ganbatte ne?” Yamamoto told Yabu with a pat on Yabu’s back. Yabu smiled with encouragement.

“Graduation Day This Friday! Welcomes all the kouhai of Year 1 and 2! Bring a partner for the dance that night! It will be a graduation night to remember for the senpai of Year 3!” the invitation wrote. “I wonder if Yamada would ask me for the dance” I thought. “HEY! How’re you today?” Yamada approached me. I smiled and replied “Hey…yeah I’m fine today. Have you read the invitation for this Friday?” “Oh yeah…that’s what I’ve been here for” he said. “ATIQAH! I want to ask you something”, Yabu said while walking up to me not realizing that Yamada was there.

“Oh what is it Yabu?” I asked. “I want to ask you to the dance” he told me. “Chotto…Atiqah, I want to ask you to the dance too that’s why I came here”, Yamada interrupts. “Chotto matte kudasai! Yabu, you want to ask me to the dance? I’m sorry but I’m going with Yamada. You know I like him don’t you? I’m sorry! Yama chan, I’ll go to the dance with you”, I said and left. “NANI? She left without even saying goodbye? She doesn’t seem to care about me anymore. I am nothing to her…well if that’s what she wants then…”Yabu said himself…

 

 

[Chapter 5]

A day before the dance…I went to town to shop for a dress that I could wear for the dance. I want to look elegant as well as pretty in the eyes of Yamada. While I shopped, I saw Sakura who too were searching for a dress. I approached her. “HEY Sakura! Finding a dress too?” I asked her. “Yes, wow…you are so lucky to be going to the dance with a guy so popular and so hunky like Yamada!” she said. “HAHA…it’s nothing…So who you’re going with to the dance? Someone special?” I joked. “HAHA…I can’t believe he asked me out. I’m going with Yabu and I am sure that Friday night is going to be the happiest night of my life!” she said excitedly. “YABU?” I was shocked. “Hai…Yabu…nande?” she asked in astonishment. “Oh…nothing..I was just surprised he never told me he is going to go to the dance with a great girl like you”, I tried to hide my inner thoughts. “Why the hell did Yabu went to the dance with her? I thought Yabu don’t even like her!” I thought to myself thinking. “Yes…well I know I have been liking him since freshman year and my luck paid off!” she said cheekily. Before she continues to blabber, I told her I have something urgent to go to and I have to go.

I went to another shop far from Sakura, figuring out why Yabu asked her out. “It can’t be that Yabu likes her because I know Yabu don’t. Has Yabu like her already? If yes, why hadn’t he told me? Oh yes! It has been quite long since I went out with Yamada and I have not have a long chat with Yabu. What a friend am I?” those questions played on my mind. While browsing the shop for the dress, Yamamoto Yusuke approached me. “Hello! You’re Atiqah aren’t you? Yamada Ryosuke’s girlfriend?” he said. “Err…Hai…Aren’t you Yamamoto Yusuke, Year 3 of Asaka High School? My senpai? I asked. “Yes…correct…I just want to advice you some things…I want to tell you that a friend is everything that a person wants but a best friend is someone who is hard to find and who is the trusted one who will be with you whenever you are sad and happy” he said. “Oh…well then, thank you for the advice…I’m off to go now”, I started o feel uneasy.

“Oh..chotto…aren’t you finding a dress?” he asked me. I totally forgot all about the dress and went back into the shop. “Hai...I almost forgot” I told him. “Here, I’ve pick one for you and I’m sure you’ll love it”, he said. Truly, I was in love with the dress. It was a pretty dress, a dress that a girl ever dreamt of. I paid and thanked him for choosing me a brilliant dress. “It’s my pleasure and I work here of course I’ll know”, he said.

[The Dance]

Yamada picked me up from home and he was surprised at my look. “You look gorgeous Atiqah!” he compliments me. “Thanks”, I bow gracefully. When we reached the dance, everyone was staring at us. “They looked cute together” “WOW…she is so lucky!” “They are amazing”, people whisper to each other. “Have a seat my lady”, Yamada said while pulling a chair for me. “Thank you”, I smiled. Sakura and Yabu had just reached and upon seeing I am sitting with Yamada at a table only both of us, she pulled Yabu and asked me if she can sit with me. Seeing Yabu, I agreed. “You look amazing Atiqah”, Yabu compliments me. Sakura hits his stomach with her handbag. “HAHA…of course she looks amazing…she went to the same place where I bought the dress”, she said.

“Thanks Yabu”, I smiled. “I am going to get the beverages”, Yabu said. “Let me help you”, I offered. At the drinks table, “What’s up with you and Sakura? I thought you don’t have feelings for her?” I asked Yabu. “Why should you know? You don’t care about our friendship anymore…why must you care about who I’m with?” Yabu broke into anger. “What is wrong with you? I am just asking…and who said I don’t care about our friendship? I treasure it…” I told him. “HAHA…You care? You care? Are you serious? For every time I ask you to go out with me, you have plans with Yamada…EVERY TIME!” he said furiously. “You know I have feelings for him don’t you? Why can’t you understand that I want to be happy like some other girls? I want to own someone I love!” I said angrily. “It’s the same for me! I want to be happy too…with someone I love to be with me and not with ANOTHER GUY!” he burst out. “Well, go and spend time with her and tell her! Why are you angry at me because of this?” I screamed. “IT’S BECAUSE I LOVE YOU…IT’S YOU ALL ALONG AND WHEN I WANT TO FIND THE RIGHT TIME TO ADMIT, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE OUT WITH YAMADA!” he yelled.

“What did you say Yabu? You’re in love with Atiqah?” Sakura suddenly came upon hearing the screaming and yelling, crying. *slaps*, Sakura slapped Yabu thinking that Yabu cheats on her. Yabu went off the dance stomping angrily leaving me to tears…

 

 

[Chapter 6]

Sitting on the hill, Yabu looked up at the night sky full of shining stars and a moon looking down back at him. “I do not want my friendship to end like this…I really love her…but this is what happens to me…I lost EVERYTHING! I lost my best friend who I really love so much…” Yabu cried. “Who said you lost your best friend? I am always right here with you…Forever will be with you…Always by your side”, Yamamoto said trying to console Yabu.

[Remembering the times they had together…]

“I will always be here for you and for you Atiqah …whenever you need me; I’ll be with you no matter what, I’ll never leave you”, Yabu smiled”, Yabu said smiling to me. “HAHA…Thanks! Promise me?” I said. “I promise if you do the same too!” Yabu agreed. “ALWAYS WILL!” I smiled.

“Where is my promise to him? What have I done wrong? Am I losing him? Is this the end to our friendship?” the questions played on my mind making me feel guilty. “Atiqah, it’s okay. I am here for you. Let Yabu be…he shall regret losing a good friend like you”, Yamada said. “NO! I have to find Yabu! I have to save my friendship before it is DESTROYED!” I said angrily. “But, the dance is starting…you can’t possibly find him…what’ll happen to our reputation? Our popularity will be destroyed!” Yamada scolded me. “WHAT?! ALL THIS WHILE I HAVE BEEN WITH YOU AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOUR POPULARITY?! WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU?!” I hurriedly left the school to find Yabu.

“YABU! YABU WHERE ARE YOU? I AM SORRY! SORRY FOR BEING SO MEAN! YABU!” I screamed. The rain starts to fell heavily… “Aieru…”I cried. “Nande? What’s wrong?” a voice asked. “It’s me! I did something wrong to my best friend and now he has left me!” I wailed. “ Who says your best friend has left you when he is just in front of you”, the voice said. “Huh?” I looked up and immediately hug him. It was Yabu holding an umbrella.

“YABU! I am so sorry for what I did. I am blinded for love. I am so sorry! I will do anything to save our friendship…please forgive me!” I said persuading. “It’s not your fault Atiqah…It’s because of the separate love…a love you share for your best friend and a lover…you don’t know who to choose between these two… Now let me bring you home…” he said.

[On the hill… 3 days later…]

“Yabu, we are here again…looking at the night sky…isn’t it just awesome?” I said. There was no response. “Yabu? Is he sleeping again? Yabu?” I looked around but he was not there. “Yabu where are you?” I began to get scared. Suddenly, someone close my eyes… “Daijoubu, I am here for you…” the voice said…

 

 

[Chapter 7]

“Don’t worry…It’s me! I am here for you”, the voice said. “Otanjoubi Omedetou Atiqah!” Yabu said while letting go of his hands around my eyes. “HAHA! Thanks Yabu! I almost forgot about my own birthday. Thanks Yabu! You are always here for me…whenever I need you…Aieru…” I said looking at Yabu’s shiny gleaming eyes…slowly, I kissed his lips lightly. “I’ll forever be with you when you need me… Aieru mo…” Yabu said and kissed me long enough.

[2 Years later…]

“YABU! I GET TO ENTER KEIO UNIVERSITY!”I screamed after getting back my results slip as well as a certificate to Keio University, my dream university. “ME TOO! WE CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER!” Yabu screamed. “I’m happy that I’m with you…Yabu Kota…” I said hugging him. “Me too! I’m glad that we are together now, and I hope no one will ever separate us…” he continues. “No one can…Cause, You are my heart…and I am your soul” we said together.