Memories

For The Sake of His Bestfriend?

You walked and sat in the corner of your room, which by the way functioned as your living room and kitchen as well. You closed your eyes and tears began to fall as the flashback started of you and him together. You two were seated on the bench; your head was lying on his lap as you traced his face with your finger.

 

                “I want our relationship to last forever, Jinyoung.” You said earnestly.

 

He chuckled and instantly his face was near yours. Your brown sincere eyes showed that you were shocked with what he did.

 

                “Of course my baby, even death won’t let us separate.”

 

A smile crept in your lips. You felt him moving nearer so you automatically closed your eyes but he just lightly patted your forehead.

 

                “We’re too young with that.”

 

You blushed and pouted.

 

                “Wae? What’s the matter with sleeping?”

 

He was amused seeing your reaction so he just granted what you wished for. A soft kiss in the lips that you thought would make your heart burst out of your pounding chest.

 

How you prayed that everything was just a mere dream. A beautiful dream that was destined to end. How can you easily forget all those funny things he did for you? The hugs he gave every time you cry. The comfort he gave every time you felt like you want to die. It all came from him, the love that you’re yearning for years when your parents died and when your uncle threw you out of his house. The bitter memories were all replaced when he came into your life.

 

You wiped your tears and stood up. You fixed yourself and erased his image in your mind.

 

                “It’s not yet the end of the world for me to waste my time crying in this room.”

 

You grabbed your green thick coat and headed out of the house. You arrived in your ice cream stand at about 7 pm. The right time where Seoul was at its most populated state. Students were starting to make a crowd in the street as they bought whatever they need in their daily life. You didn’t care and just positioned the cones in their places where it could be seen. You were just forced to do this; you stopped studying and spent almost half of your life doing this ice cream selling so that you would be able to support yourself. You let out a deep sigh when someone unexpectedly covered your eyes.

 

                “The most handsome prince in everyone’s eyes. I like ice cream and I prefer strawberry flavoured one. Who am I?”

 

You smiled upon hearing your best friend’s voice. “Gongchan, we’re both too old for this.”

 

He uncovered your eyes and proceeded in front of your coloured pink, little ice cream stand. He frowned and rubbed his chin back and forth.

 

You eyed him questionably based on the way he looked at you.

 

                “Now I know the reason why your ice cream would last forever in that freezer. “

 

                “You know I’m a busy person. If you have nothing nice to say, you may go.”

 

                “It’s because, “He continued not minding what you said. “You might eat them if they try to buy your ice cream.”

 

You turned your back at him and sighed heavily for the second time. You thought he would be the first person to know that you had a very serious problem carrying but you were wronged.

 

                “Did you two fight last night?”

 

Now how on earth did he know about that thing, you thought. You turned to him still in poker face.

 

                “What are you talking about?” You asked acting innocent with what happened.

 

                “Don’t make me a standing fool here, Park ~~ , I saw him last night. He broke into your house under the strong rain.”

 

                “You saw him?”

 

                “Who wouldn’t? I’m living next to you, don’t you remember? Hey, I’m Gongchan, you are? Hello we’re not kids anymore. Stop acting like nothing bad happened last night. He’s knocking as if his life depended on it. It was too loud and strong that I thought it was from my door. I looked through the windows and saw him in front of your door. What does that mean then? That miffed face and fluffy eyes of yours are already the proofs.”

 

You thought that he’s correct. He had the rights to know because he’s been your friend ever since.

 

                “He broke up with me.” You revealed candidly. “That’s it, we’re over as simple as that.”

 

His eyes widened.

 

                “~~-yah, tell me you’re lying. Don’t tell me I already have the freedom to be your boyfriend?” he joked.

 

You spanked him. “It’s not funny.”

 

                “I’m just making you laugh.” His face turned serious all of a sudden. “Was he out of his mind?! Where is he? He needs to learn some lessons.” He passed by you but you grabbed his wrist.

 

                “He has an acceptable reason why he did that.” You lowered your head, trying to stop your naughty tears from falling, before looking back at him. “You don’t have to get mad at him because his doing this for someone.”

 

Gongchan instantly pulled you onto his chest and hugged you tightly. He was too tall for you to lie your head on his shoulder.

 

                “Stop crying don’t worry I won’t leave you no matter what happens.” He whispered to your ears.

 

The night turned colder as your tears finally fell on your soft red cheeks.

 

**

On the other side of the road, Jinyoung was staring at you for the whole time. He saw how you were pained with what he did. But he had no choice. He was about to leave the cafeteria when someone surprisingly hugged him from behind.

 

UP NEXT…

“Aniyo! I’ll cry here if you leave me.”

“Are you dreaming? We need to get off.” He pulled you and started to walk back to your apartment.

…..

“Stop looking at him. You’ll just hurt yourself.” He said really concerned of your feelings.

 

^.^

Who hugged him?! I pity Park ~~. *.*

Bear with my grammars.

Thanks <3