His friends say.........Because he's Kai

Because he's Kai

Standing beside someone, behind someone or infront, without being noticed is ... hard, especially if the person you'd want to notice you is the person you love. Even if you try like a fool, with no results, you still won't stop trying.

Something like that is happening to Kai. He himself doesn't know when did all of this start but when he realized what did he end up getting into, there was no way out. For the past few years he spent most of his day dancing in a small  room in the basement of his house. He would sometimes go out with his friends though. That one day he decided to come out, everything started.

'Kai you're going out with us right? Meet us at 8 pm in front of the bar.' 

'Ne~ I'll be there hyung.' Kai answered before ending the call.

He didn't bother dressing up too much because he was handsome either way. You might think he was proud of his looks,arrogant, narcissist, whatever you want to call it... but that's not true. He is a great dancer, handsome, has a lot of friends, girls,even guys falling for him. There is nothing impossible for him, or that's what his friends say.

'Because he's Kai....' is what he hears almost everyday. 

He went out of house in a black pants and grey hoodie. After few minutes of walking, he was finally in front of the bar.

'Kai!! Finally!' Chanyeol,Sehun, D.O and Suho were all waiting for him. There was one more guy with them but Kai never met him before.

'We wanted to go to a bar but changed our minds because Kyuhyun hyung invited us to his place. Oh, I almost forgot, this is Baekhyun.' Suho said.

'Oh ok but you know that means there will be a lot of wine there. I'm Kai by the way.' Kai shook Baekhyun's hand without even looking properly at his face.

'N-Nice to meet you, I'm Baekhyun.' Baekhyun seemed a bit nervous but his wide smile covered up for it.

 

What's with that smile.. Isn't he trying too hard to be cute? - Kai thought as he watched Baekhyun drinking with others during their party in Kyuhyun's house. 

Kai is not alowed to drink for many reasons so he just sat on the sofa and watched his friends. Chanyeol joined by Baekhyun stared telling some jokes that made everyone except himself crack up. Sehun played Starcraft with Kyuhyun and he sure was loosing.

'Ah... just looking at them makes me sleepy.' Kai is usually very sleepy and somewhat lazy but when he dances.. He becomes another person. Too bad he doesn't dance in school competitions anymore. He stopped because it made him more popular and it was troublesome. Everyone started having too big expectations of him and girls kept bothering him. Maybe that's the reason he almost never had feelings for anyone.

'Ahh Baekhyun's completely drunk! What to do..... Kai you should take him to your house for tonight.' Suho suggested.

'Me???Why?' Kai wasn't happy about that though.

'Because you're the only one who is currently living alone.'

'Aishh I can't believe this...' Kai ended up having no other choice but to accept it. 

Carrying Baekhyun on his back was hard, especially since he kept moving a lot.

'You should sleep now.' Kai said as he put Baekhyun down on his bed.

'Kai.....Kai...why don't you like me?' Drunk, half asleep Baekhyun asked.

'It's not like that...well... I just don't know you.' That's pretty much how their conversation for that night ended.

 

Next morning when Baekhyun woke up, Kai wasn't there. He stared looking around the house for him and that's when he heared some music coming from the basement.

'You dance really good.' Baekhyun said after he spent few minutes secretly looking at dancing Kai.

'Thank you. You know how to dance? Want me to teach you?' If it's for dancing, Kai is willing to teach anyone some steps. That's how much he enjoys it.

'Sure.' Baekhyun once again smiled.

They danced for what it seemed to be hours. Kai was impressed by how quickly Baekhyun learns the steps he showed him and the way Baekhyun would move his body. It was mesmerizing. That's the first time Kai paid attention to Baekhyun's small but cute face, eyes, beatiful smile and slim figure with some attractive curves.

His heart skipped a beat. 

It's been few months since they met and Kai was more than lost. He didn't know what kind of feelings he had for Baekhyun. All he knew is that he can't stop looking at him.

'Kai are you ok? Come with me. You should rest.' Baekhyun asked worriedly when he noticed Kai kept bending in pain because of his back. Baekhyun gently put his hand on Kai's back and  then around Kai's arm.

Another skipped beat.

Because Baekhyun and his friends managed to make him start performing on school competitions again, Kai practises hard. This time he was going to perform with Suho, Chanyeol, Sehun, D.O. and of course, Baekhyun.

Their performance started and everyone gave their best. The air was filled with sounds of their heavy breathing. Then, suddenly,when Kai was about to change his position during the dance, an explosion happened and he noticed Baekhyun got hurt.  Baekhyun couldn't open his eyes and his face showed the pain he was going true. If it wasn't for the music, judges  and people watching, Kai would ran to Baekhyun immediately. However, in order for their hard work not to be wasted, the only thing he did was check if Baekhyun is fine by quickly looking at him when he had a chance.

This time, skipped beat was replaced by a small cut on his heart.

When the music finally stopped and their performance ended, Kai threw himself on his knees in front of Baekhyun. He cupped his face trying to see if the injury was bad.

'A-Are you ok? Does it hurt a lot? We should help you wash it!' Kai was worried, maybe even more than the others. There was one more person beside him who came almost at the same time. It was Chanyeol. He looked worried. Luckily Beakhyun was ok in the end.

Kai was starting to be aware of relationship Baekhyun and Chanyeol had. After that incident he started paying more attention to Chanyeol's behavior. He'd talk with Baekhyun all the time, their sense of humor was the same, they like same things... Basically, perfect for each other. 

Maybe it was childlish of Kai to try to compete but he tried.

Next time he felt pain in his back and bended, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were the one to take care of him. When Kai talked with Baekhyun and Chanyeol said something, Baekhyun's attention would switch to Chanyeol.

One more cut on his heart.

Winning speach should be an emotional and happy moment right? For Kai,the only person who existed at that moment is Baekhyun. When others would talk on the mic, Kai wouldn't bother to look at them but if it's Baekhyun talking, or singing, or dancing, his eyes would be locked on him. If he's lucky enough for Baekhyun to look at him and smile, he'd smile back happily. The way Baekhyun's fingers would hold the mic, the way he'd run them through his own hair or wave.....it was pure perfection. Just one more perfection Baekhyun had.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun kept growing closer and Chanyeol's hand would often be around Baekhyun. Kai would try to stay close and watch.....from behind.

Again, one more cut on Kai's heart is added.

But it's not like everything is that bad. Baekhyun may not be always aware of Kai's presence around him but whenever he does, he reacts by looking back or smile. He'd happily talk to him too and wouldn't mind if Kai's arm would sometimes find it's place around Baekhyun. Kai might be a fool for not confessing his feelings, for not being able to say those words, standing frozen in place and watching but as long as he's able to be near Baekhyun, it doesn't matter if his love is unrequited................He'll be ok..

'Because he's Kai.....'  

-END-

Yap, short but I just had to write it hahaha. Should I make it into a fic? Maybe not XD.