the world's longest one-shot

Dibi Dibi Dip or The Beginning of Eunhae (aka one long- oneshot)

Dibi Dibi Dip or the Beginning of Eunhae

DHJ

Donghae reclined against the wall of the empty practice room, stretching out his long legs and closing his eyes with a sigh. It was nice to be part of an official group now, especially one as big as Super Junior, but sometimes he found it a little overwhelming to be around so many exceedingly talented and pretty guys. Donghae was a relatively outgoing guy normally, but these people just weren’t natural! He liked to come to the practice rooms alone sometimes, it relaxed him to be able to dance without the distraction of certain members around. The sound of the door opening made him his eyes pop open, and there he saw the very member he had been trying to take his mind off of.

 

“Hae! There you are!” Eunhyuk grinned his gummy grin. “I was wondering what happened to you… I thought you might be here though, you’ve sure been practicing a lot.”

 

Donghae blinked, “Uh.”

 

“You already dance great, why are you working so hard?” Eunhyuk cocked his head and walked a little closer.

 

Donghae averted his eyes shyly, “I like to dance, I guess it relaxes me, you know? It helps me get through mental stuff,” he shrugged.

 

The older boy slid down the wall next to him, putting his head on Donghae’s shoulder. Gosh Eunhyuk could be friendly, he thought uncomfortably.

 

“Mmmm… I know what you mean Hae, I do that too, I was just on the next floor actually, too bad I didn’t find you before, we could have danced together,” Eunhyuk smiled and looked up into Donghae’s face, “You must have a lot on your mind then, huh?”

 

Usually Donghae was fine with Eunhyuk’s total disregard for personal space, in fact Donghae himself was a pretty physical guy. He and Hyukjae were often closer than they were at the moment, so why was he starting to sweat?

 

“Ah, I don’t know, maybe it’s just nerves about debuting,” he said quickly. He playfully pushed Eunhyuk, mercifully causing the other boy to be detached from his shoulder, “let’s get some food, yeah?”

 

Donghae pushed himself off the wall and stretched. He began to walk towards the door when he realized Eunhyuk was still on the floor. He turned back “Hyukkie? Are you coming?”

 

Eunhyuk pouted, “aren’t you going to help me up, though”?

 

Donghae rolled his eyes, “Ya! You’re so freakin’ lazy hyukkie,” he felt much more comfortable with half a room between them, but he went to help his friend up anyway.

 

He pulled him up and tried to turn away, but Eunhyuk wouldn’t let go of his hand. It was warm and soft, and fit nicely, oh, Donghae wished it didn’t fit so nicely. He had a feeling he was enjoying that hand more than he was supposed to, but still Eunhyuk held on. He started walking towards the door, happily towing the flustered Donghae along with him.

 

“Let’s get some noodles from the shop around the corner Donghae-ah!” Eunhyuk said, obliviously, “oooh… or what about barbeque? I could totally go for some meat right now…”

DHJ

It was later in the evening, and they were all back at the dorms. Even here Donghae couldn’t escape Eunhyuk, as they shared a room. Donghae lay on his bed attempting to read a book, but finding it quite challenging with Eunhyuk using his stomach as a pillow.

 

“What’s wrong with your bed hyukkie?” he had asked when his friend had flopped down across him. Eunhyuk gave him a mischievous look, “you’re a better pillow than the one on my bed, in fact if I could have it my way I’d sleep with you every night, I miss sharing with you”. Donghae had blushed at this, at their old apartment, they had slept together on a folded mattress because there wasn’t room enough for two western style beds. They would often wake up in the morning limbs entwined and stay snuggling in bed until Leeteuk sent Kangin in to kick them out of bed. But since moving to the new place, they didn’t really have an excuse to sleep together any more. Which, in Donghae’s opinion, was probably a good thing seeing as how having Eunhyuk’s head on his stomach was practically making him hyperventilate now. How he ever fell asleep with the other boy next to him was beyond comprehension.

 

Eunhyuk had of course fallen asleep in about five minutes, and Donghae took this opportunity to try to remove his gently snoring friend. It was no good however, the second he tried to slid out from underneath Eunhyuk, the sleeping boy turned his head to the side and wrapped an arm around Donghae’s torso to make things even worse. The movement had caused Donghae’s shirt to raise slightly, and in Eunhyuk’s new position, his cheek was part way on Donghae’s own skin, and his breath ghosted across his lower abdomen making him shiver. He could tell that the more he tried to escape the worse it was going to be for him, so Donghae had no choice but to focus instead on slowing his racing pulse and to try to think about anything but the beautiful face only inches away from the top of his jeans.

 

The book! He tried to read, but the words blurred in front of him. Eunhyuk’s warm breath was starting to do things to him that he was finding nearly impossible to ignore. Beads of sweat coalesced on his brow as he tried to think of something-anything!-to distract him. Shindong dancing , old ramen, the ajhummas at the fish market– fish, he liked fish! Fish… name fish Donghae he thought furiously, lists always work for distractions in the movies! Mackerel, Salmon, Tuna, Flounder, Clown Fish– ”

 

“Ya!” Leeteuk’s voice resounded throughout the Super Junior dorms, “Who wants to see the officially finished MV for Twins? It just came from SM!”

 

Donghae heaved a sigh of relief as Eunhyuk sat up at the sound of Leeteuk’s voice, blinking in the light. “Did he say something about the Twins video?” Eunhyuk looked down at Donghae who had lain back in his pillows and put his book over his face to hide his flushed cheeks.

 

The next second it was grabbed away from him, and replaced by a gummy smile and sparkling eyes. Eunhyuk’s nose was practically touching Donghae’s. He’d hardly even had time to process this however, when the shock of closeness was replaced by the shock of Eunhyuk’s kiss directly on the tip of Donghae’s nose.

 

“Come on haeeee! Ka ja ka ja ka ja!!” Eunhyuk was already at the door by the time Donghae had snapped back to reality.

 

Donghae knew he wasn’t a huge part of the movie but he was interested to see how it turned out. The boys clattered into the living room, excited to see the finished result of their first music video. Donghae ended up wedged on the couch between Shindong and none other than Eunhyuk. Lovely.

 

Sungmin squealed, “Aaah look how badass I am!” when his form appeared on screen.

 

Yesung snorted at this, earning a light smack on the forehead from the younger guy,

 

“Hyuuung! I totally look like a bad , we all do, oooh look at Siwonee!” This earned laughs from everyone, but Donghae kind of had to agree. Just then Eunhyuk’s figure flashed on the screen, catching Donghae’s attention away from the tussling Yesung and Min. He snuck a glimpse at the real thing, sitting next to him.

 

Eunhyuk was looking at the screen with a relaxed, happy smile on his face. He really is beautiful, Donghae sighed.

 

“What did you say Donghae?” Shindong was looking at him curiously. .

 

Donghae whipped his head to the other side, he couldn’t have said that out loud did he? “I didn’t say anything, hyung.” He tried for an innocent look.

 

Shindong looked at him with triumphant eyes, “Oh yes you did, my little dongsaeng, you said ‘he really is beautiful’ I heard you very clearly, and you were totally staring at Hyukjae too.”

 

“No! No I really wasn’t,” Donghae panicked. At this point the video had ended at the rest of the group was beginning to notice what was going on on the couch.

 

Sungmin had stopped wrestling with Yesung and now had an evil glint in his eyes, “What weren’t you doing Hae?”

 

But before he could answer, Shindong yelled out “Donghae thinks Eunhyuk is B-E-A-utiful!” Donghae was careful to look anywhere but Eunhyuk’s direction.

 

After much laughter, Leeteuk got his own insane giggle under control and stepped in to save his younger group member. “Well Donghae’s right, Eunhyuk is good looking. I bet if you all had to vote on the prettiest member you’d all pick him,” Leeteuk smiled at Donghae apologetically. There were grumbles of agreement around the room.

 

“Awwh Teukie, that’s not true!” Eunhyuk’s voice came from beside Donghae, “I think Donghae is better looking than me, he’s like a… a… smiling angel!”

 

Donghae looked up too surprised not to stare at Eunhyuk. Eunyuk gave him a radiant grin.

 

“Ahaahaahaa!” came Leeteuk’s unmistakable laugh, “ I dare you to call him that next time we’re on tv hyukjae, ahaahahaaa!” and he dissolved into peels of laughter, needing Kangin to support him.

 

Donghae’s cheeks flushed with embarrassment, but Eunhyuk slung an arm around his shoulders confidently and stuck out his chin. “Fine! I don’t see what the big deal is, why can’t we find our friends good looking? Why is that so wrong? It’s not like it’s some secret that Donghae’s cute!” Donghae turned an even deeper shade of red.

 

Leeteuk just grinned at them.

 

Heechul stood up and walked over grabbing both of their faces, “aaawww aren’t you two adorable… the fans will just have a field day over you!” Straightening up he placed a hand on each of their heads, “I now dub thee Eunhae! The prettiest couple of SuJu!” He paused for effect, looking around, “Or at least they think they are.”

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae looked at each other both thinking the same exact thing. Nodding, the began counting silently hana…dul…set…At the exact same time the newly pronounced “couple” launched themselves at Heechul, and proceded to tickle him senseless.

 

Heechul fell to the floor crying “you’re the prettiest! You’re the prettiest! I give up!” and they followed him down.

 

After Kangin, Siwon, and Leeteuk pulled Donghae and Eunhyuk off Heechul, Leeteuk got everyone’s attention with a loud whistle, “Seeing as how we’ve finished out first music video, I think that calls for a celebration! I picked up beer and soju on the way home today so let’s celebrate already!”

 

Donghae was glad of a distraction, and jumped up to grab a bottle of soju and a cup, and a beer for Eunhyuk because he asked nicely.

 

Sungmin grabbed him and poured them both a drink, “cheers!” he cried happily, drinking from his special pink cup, “we really doing it Hae!”

DHJ

After a long night of drinking, Donghae was feeling much better about his feelings for Eunhyuk. Hyukkie had said himself that it wasn’t weird to find friends attractive. And He had even called him a smiling angel! Donghae hiccupped sloppily. He was sprawled on the couch with Sungmin and Yesung, Eunhyuk was on the floor, eyelids fluttering. My did he have long eye lashes Donghae thought wonderingly. He was glad he had a close friend like Eunhyuk, and it’s not like it was Donghae’s fault that he was so good looking. Yeah… it’s the same reaction anyone would have being around someone like Hyukkie. He grinned woozily.

 

He looked over at the other two men on the couch. Yesung and Sungmin were playing some sort of palm slapping game, but the drunker they became the more diluted their game was becoming, at this point they were sitting facing each other, Yesung’s hands palm down, with Sungmin’s underneath facing upward, staring intensely into each other’s faces, every once in a while surprising each other by slapping the other on random parts of their bodies. They could only keep this up for so long before they started laughing uncontrollably. Finally Sungmin got tired of the tapping game and suddenly flying hugged Yesung who fell over backwards, giggling. Well if Sungmin could lie on top of Yesung as easily as that, did that mean it was normal? Seeing his two friends together like that gave him reassurance. Maybe his feelings for Eunhyuk weren’t unusual.

 

He yawned. Time for bed, he thought to himself sleepily. He stood up and almost fell over Eunhyuk who was now fast asleep. He thought for a second, he couldn’t leave his friend to sleep on the floor like that, he knew how sensitive his hyukkie was, and sleeping on the floor wouldn’t be good for him at all. No.. that wouldn’t do. He couldn’t wake him up though, he looked so happy and serene when he was asleep. Bending down he picked up the slight boy easily.

 

Eunkyuk stirred a little, putting his arms around Donghae’s shoulders, “mmm Hae?” he mumbled, “where we goin?”

 

“Shhh..” Donghae whispered, “we’re going to bed, hyukkie.”

 

When they got to the bedroom, Donghae walked towards Hyuk’s bed, depositing him lightly on top of it. But when he tried to straighten up, Eunhyuk refused to let go of his shirt.

 

“Donghae-aaahh…” he whined sleepily, “won’t you sleep with me tonight? I miss you!” he widened his eyes and looked up at him pouting.

 

Maybe it was the soju, or maybe it was seeing Yesung and Sungmin being so friendly, or maybe he was just powerless against that irresistible face.

 

“Well ok…” Donghae said hesitantly, and crawled under the covers.

 

The western style beds were more comfortable than the folding mattress they had before, but they were a lot smaller. It meant that there was no escaping Eunhyuk’s monkey arms reaching around him. And to tell the truth he didn’t really want to. He wrapped his arms around his friend, pulling Eunhyuk’s head towards his chest protectively. It was exactly what he had been trying to avoid for the past couple weeks, but now that he was doing it, it felt so natural. That’s what he was afraid of though, how right it felt. He decided not to worry about it just this once.

 

“Night hyukkie,” He murmured, but there was no reply, Eunhyuk had fallen back to sleep as easily as he had earlier that day when he had used Donghae as a human pillow.

 

Several minutes later as he began to drift off, Eunhyuk snuggled closer to his chest, threading a leg between Donghae’s, muttering Donghae’s name in his sleep. He smiled contentedly. He resolved not to worry about his feelings concerning Lee Hyukjae ever again.

 

“Mm.. love you Hae.”

 

Donghae’s eyes popped open. He looked down at his friend who lay against his chest fast asleep. Even in his drowsy, inebriated state, Donghae’s heart was pounding like a kick drum. The way they were situated, Eunhyuk’s head was slightly below Donghae’s, nestled in the hollow above his collar bone. He had actually felt the air expelled with the words his sleeping friend had just muttered on his neck. If he tilted his head down, his lips were mere centimeters from the other boy’s forehead. The feeling of warm breath ghosting across the bare skin of his throat reminded Donghae vividly of what had happened only earlier that day, as Eunhyuk lay sleeping on his stomach.

 

Donghae held on to Eunhyuk tighter. There was no way he could ignore these types of feelings anymore, he knew he could be clueless, but even he could not mistake his current emotions towards the boy in his arms for strong friendship. If he was honest with himself, he had known his true feelings for several weeks now. After hearing Eunhyuk’s words he could no longer deny it.

 

“But that doesn’t mean anything!” he told himself fiercely, “Just because someone says something in a drunken sleep doesn’t mean it’s true! I’ve heard Siwon say he liked to wear lady’s underwear while he was sleeping once.”

 

He knew there was no way Eunhyuk loved him, at least not in the way that he loved Eunhyuk. “Although he did say I was cute,” Donghae thought with a glimmer of hope.

 

He looked down at his friends face and marveled at its perfection. Before he could think about what he was doing, he was pressing his lips softly against Eunhyuk’s pale forehead. After a moment he withdrew, moving his chin above the other boy’s head. As quietly as he could, he whispered, “Saranghe Hyukkie, saranghe.”

DHJ

Donghae was woken in the morning by rays of sunlight coming through the large window panes on the east side of the room. His first thoughts were disappointment that they had forgotten to shut the blinds the last night. Suddenly dawned on him that he was not alone in his bed.

 

And then it dawned on him that he wasn’t even in his ownbed.

 

The events of last night came rushing back to him along with an head-splitting hangover. He tried to raise his left hand to his head, but found it was trapped beneath the still sleeping body of Eunhyuk. He cautiously began slipping it towards himself, but just as he had almost freed himself, the other boy stirred. He his lips and looked up at Donghae blearily. Then he smiled.

 

“You stayed with me…” He rolled onto his back so at least his top half moved away from Donghae, he continued looking at Donghae however, and their legs were still tangled together. “I slept so well Hae,” he smiled again and grabbed Donghae’s right hand and pulled him towards himself, forcing Donghae to lay halfway on top of him.

 

Eunhyuk was keeping a tight hold on his friend, leaving him no choice but to mumble into Eunhyuk’s neck if he wanted to say something.

 

Donghae groaned, “Yeah a night of beer and soju will do that you know.”

 

For all Eunhyuk’s low tolerance, and the frequency at which he would pass out when drinking, the guy never seemed to get hangover. If Donghae didn’t love him so much, it would be enough to make him hate his Hyukkie. His head was pounding now, he didn’t even have the strength to try to remove himself from Eunhyuk now, so he simply reveled in the feeling of being close to him. Not like Hyuk seemed to be about to let him go anywhere anyway.

 

The other shifted his legs against Donghae’s happily and pulled the blanket up higher over their shoulders. “Let’s just stay here like this all day,” he sighed happily.

 

Donghae had to admit that plan was sounding more and more appealing by the minute. Although he wasn’t sure how long he could be consciously in this close proximity to Eunhyuk before he started to lose control of his own body. He moaned again.

 

“Mmm… your head ok, Hae?”

 

Donghae just shook his head wordlessly, eliciting giggles from Eunhyuk, “aahh the tickles!” he squirmed underneath Donghae’s body.

 

Donghae stiffened, all this friction was creating unforeseen consequences. Panicking, he broke Eunhyuk’s hold on him and quickly turned his back to his friend. “Aah, sorry Hyuk,” he muttered.

 

Eunhyuk stopped giggling, “Ya! Get back here, I said we were gonna stay like this all day, remember?”

 

He mischievously wrapped his arms around Donghae, hugging him from the back and pulling him towards himself again. Donghae breathed deeply. He could handle this, as long as Eunhyuk didn’t accidentally bring his hands any lower and-oh god! Eunhyuk’s had was on his bare hip where his shirt had ridden up. He could feel the rhythm of the heartbeat coming from the chest pressed against his back. It was slightly quick from the recent laughter. Just thinking about Eunhyuk’s writhing body beneath his was making Donghae hot. The place where Eunhyuk’s hand lay, burned. He tried to relax.

 

He was about to start listing off fish again when Heechul came bounding into their room. Damn these good looking boys and their astounding immunity to the after affects of alcohol consumption, Donghae growled to himself.

 

“Guuuuys!” Heechul shouted, being loud just to annoy Donghae, he was sure, “We’re– ” But he cut off abruptly when he saw the position the two boys were in. He blinked a few times and then turned around, walked to the doorway of the room, stuck his head into the hallway and yelled, “Everyone come look at Eunhae! It’s their first morning after!”

 

Donghae through a pillow at him, “It’s not like we haven’t slept in the same bed before Heechul,” he said attempting to downplay the situation.

 

Heechul leaned out into the hallway again, “Nevermind everyone, Donghae says this isn’t the first time they’ve slept together!”

 

Donghae tried to get up but his current situation didn’t really permit getting out from under the covers. He settled for yelling. “AISH! That’s not what I meant! We were just sleeping! We shared a floor mattress at our old apartment and no one thought that was special!” He glared up at Heechul.

 

The standing boy just snorted with laughter, “Oh calm down Hae. Look! Eunhyuk knows I’m just teasing you guys!” he paused and then with an evil grin he added, “You do make an adorablecouple however.”

 

The two on the bed flushed with twin blushes and Heechul shook his head with wonder at how thick those two could be. “I just came in to tell you that we’re going to start filming the new TV show on Monday,” he turned to leave but as he walked out the door he grinned, “Don’t think we’ve forgotten about the promise Hyukjae, you have to find a way to call Donghae a…what was it? Oh yes, a smiling angelwasn’t it?” With a little wave, he vanished into the hallway. 

 

“You’re not bothered by Chul’s teasing are you?” Eunhyuk asked, still laying behind Donghae with a hand casually resting on his hip.

 

Donghae coughed, “It’s no big deal, I have a killer headache though so if you would let go of me I think I’m going to take a shower.”

 

Was it his imagination, or did he feel Eunhyuk’s hand tighten slightly? He felt the bed move as the other boy raised himself up to whisper in Donghae’s ear, “I could join you, you know…”

 

Donghae choked on his own spit, “WHAT did you just say?”

 

Eunhyuk shoved him playfully, “I was just playing around Donghae! Friends can play around like that.”

 

Donghae was staring at him now, Eunhyuk couldn’t really know how he felt, right? He would do this sort of thing if he did. He would probably not even want to live in the same room as him, let alone cuddle in the same bed, and talk about showering together. “You’re very funny.” He said finally. “You stay and get you’re beauty sleep, how ‘bout that?”

 

“But I can’t sleep with out yooooooouuuu!” Hyukjae called after Donghae who finally succeeded in escaping from Eunhyuk’s grasp. He resolved to take an extremely long shower. He didn’t see Eunhyuk’s disappointed expression as he left the room.

 

As he let the water cascade down his face and shoulders though, Donghae could not help remembering Euhyuk’s offer to join him there. Memories from the day before came rushing back to him and he lathered his hair furiously: The hot breath hitting his stomach, so tantalizingly close to the top button of his jeans, the feeling of sleepily murmured words against his throat, the beat of another’s heart against his chest, the way Eunhyuk’s legs found their way between his own. He gasped, putting his hand against the wall in front of him and leaning into it. All this tension was building up, and he couldn’t take it anymore. It seemed like Eunhyuk was the only thing he could think about lately. His hand drifted downwards.

 

Ten minutes later, Donghae wandered back to his shared room, toweling his hair dry with a fluffy white towel. He felt relaxed enough to act casually in front of his friend now, that shower had done more to ease his tension than 2 hours of dance practice alone in the studio could ever do.

 

“Oh good, you’re back!” Eunhyuk smiled brightly. He was standing in front of their dresser, shirtless, riffling through it’s contents. “I was looking for a shirt to wear today, but the one I wanted is dirty, could I maybe borrow you’re green one?”

 

Donghae stood transfixed for a moment, but snapped out of it, “Um sure Hyuk, go ahead.”

DHJ

The next couple days went relatively smoothly. They were all excited for their first tv show, and the house was constantly filled with the sounds of video games and boys yelling. He was back to sleeping in his own bed, and it Eunhyuk was staying on his side of the room for the most part. In fact after that morning, his friend had been acting almost coldly towards him, at least for Eunhyuk. He tried to brush it off and think of it as a good thing. He didn’t have to worry about Eunhyuk getting into his personal space and making him all hot and bothered, but for some reason getting the cold shoulder was making him think about his friend even more than before. He didn’t like the tension that built up inside him every time Eunhyuk was near, but he didn’t like the feeling that came to him when Hyuk wasn’t near even more.

 

It was Sunday, Hyuk had woken up before Donghae that morning and left without waking him. He wasn’t going to be back until dinner according to Leeteuk, when Donghae had asked where his roommate was. It was 5:30 now and Donghae was pacing the house in an agitated state that he couldn’t quite account for to the others. Heechul obviously about missing Eunhyuk, which was the truth of the matter, but Donghae wasn’t going to tell Heechul that. 

 

He decided to get some fresh air on the rooftop they had access to. Here was mercifully empty of other human beings, he sighed. Even surrounded by the guys in the group he felt lonely without Eunhyuk around. He liked them all, but none of them really seemed to care about him the way Eunhyuk did. And now with his Hyukkie being all… non-Hyukkie-like…it was beginning to feel like being a trainee all over again. There was nothing worse than being surrounded by people yet feeling completely isolated.

 

He crossed over to the edge of the building and looked down onto the main street. His heart leapt as he saw an all too familiar figure striding towards the apartments. He saw the front door open and watched as Siwon ran out to help Eunhuk carry in his mysterious load, ruffling the younger man’s hair affectionately. Donghae suddenly felt a twinge of possessive jealousy mixed with anger towards his hyung, and a little voice in the back of his head growled mine. He looked away, surprised at how strong his reaction was. He stayed on the rough for another couple of minutes, but his desire to see Eunhyuk won out over his worry about his reaction to seeing another member getting close with his Eunhyuk. 

 

He walked into the room he shared with Eunhyuk. The other boy was already inside, and when he heard Donghae walk in, he quickly shoved something underneath the bed and out of sight.

 

“Yo man, waassup?” Donghae tried for casual greeting his friend in over-emphasized English.

 

“Oh hey Donghae,” Eunhyuk said from the ground, a bit unenthusiastically for Donghae’s taste, still trying to hide the mysterious object under the bed, “you surprised me.”

 

“Whatcha got there?” Donghae asked, curiousity piqued. Was this what Eunhyuk had been out all day for?

 

“It’s nothing,” Eunhyuk blushed, “You wouldn’t be interested, so don’t bother trying to see it when I’m not looking.”

 

This of course only made Donghae more determined to find out what it was, but he decided to play it cool. “Arra, I won’t look if you don’t want me to see. Are you nervous about our show tomorrow?” he added flopping onto the bed.

 

“Of course not,” Eunhyuk smiled more now, unable to hide his excitement for their first show, “they said we were having a special guest though! I wonder who it will be?”

 

“I guess we’ll find out tomorrow,” Donghae shrugged, “I hope the first day isn’t too weird, I mean I hope it’s fun more than work.”

 

“Of course it’ll be fun Hae, we’re going to all be together, and it isa game show, right? Everyone likes games!”

DHJ

That night Donghae gazed into the darkness that was Eunhyuk’s half of the room reflecting on his reaction towards seeing Siwon with his friend. He could barely make out the other boys sleeping form, but knowing he was there gave him great comfort. He sighed, it wasn’t just his possessive feelings that surprised him, but just how much he missed having Hyuk around the past few days. The more he thought about it, the more he was sure the other boy was purposely avoiding him.

 

“Are you awake” he whispered softly, still staring at the bed across from him.

 

“Mwwwoo?” came the sleepy response.

 

“Hyukkie…” he knew he shouldn’t ask, but he had to know, “you haven’t been—where did—um... are you avoiding me?” he mumbled.

 

There was a long silence.

 

“Is it because of the other night? Hyukkie? I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable if I did anything… I didn’t mean to take advantage of you.” he said miserably, his suspicions confirmed.

 

Suddenly Eunhyuk sat up straight, “What are you talking about? Taking advantage of me? Didn’t I practically force you into bed with me? Aish… I was embarrassed ok? You got kinda…weird, I thought you didn’t—wait…you thought you were taking advantage of me?”

 

Donghae’s ears burned. Was he really that obvious? Did Hyuk know what his weird behavior meant?? Was he avoiding him because he knew Donghae liked him now?… or did…did Eunhyuk think Donghae was acting that way because he didn’tlike him, and and and… he was avoiding him because he felt bad because he liked Donghae and didn’t think his feelings were returned!? Aish, get a hold of yourself Donghae…he thought fiercely.

 

He answered, thinking fast, “Um well, no, but I thought youmight have thought that… since you were pretty drunk and didn’t remember about the dragging me into bed with you.”

 

“But you were still acting weird…” Eunhyuk continued a little uncertainly.

 

This time it was Hyuk’s turn to wait in silence.

 

Donghae struggled with what to say, and….nothing. He let what he believed to be quite a believable snore.

 

“Ai cincha! I know you’re not asleep,” Eunhyuk growled.

 

Donghae just snored in response.

 

“If we didn’t have to wake up in 4 hours and I wasn’t dead tired right now…” Donghae could hear the sound of angrily rustled blankets, as Eunhyuk turned towards the wall fuming.

DHJ

The next morning Donghae found himself awoken by several pillows hitting him in the face. He groaned. He may have pretended to be dead asleep to Eunhyuk, but in reality he was far to worked up to sleep for more than an hour or two. The band in it’s entirety was crowded in his room and had split between the two beds.

 

Heechul gave Donghae an evil smile, “How could you two be in bed still? We all went to bed early, but it doesn’t look like you did much sleeping Donghae…” his grin widened, “today is you and Eunhyuk’s big day, remember?”

 

Honestly, no matter where he slept, Heechul would still find ways to insinuate dirty things about him and his roommate. Why did the other boy always choose him to wake up in the morning?

 

Grumbling obscenities at the world, Donghae climbed out of bed and saw Eunhyuk doing the same. He quickly looked away. The group quickly ate breakfast and was herded towards the vans. Thankfully, he and Eunhyuk ended up in separate cars for the way over to the studio. He found himself between Sungmin and Siwon. Being in the car was making him tired all over again, and he surrendered himself to a short nap. He was vaguely aware of Siwon’s well muscled shoulder beneath his cheek before he was out.

 

The car stopped, causing Donghae to open eyes slowly. The door of the van opened and several of the other boys faces appeared. Eunhyuk’s held a particularly displeased expression. He grabbed Siwon’s arm, pulling him out of the car rapidly, which caused Donghae to jerk fully awake.

 

He stared after Siwon and Eunhyuk, “was I right about yesterday?”He thought panicking slightly, ShouldI be jealous of Siwon?”

 

But then they were all in the make up room getting ready for their first day of the Super Junior Show. The excitement was contagious, and for the moment erased all worries about Eunhyuk.

 

The makeup artist tsk’d, condescendingly, “What on earth did you do all night? It’s gonna take about a pound of concealer to get read of those circles.”

 

At this, Heechul, who was conveniently sitting in the next chair, guffawed loudly. “Have you seen Eunhyuk, noona?”

 

The makeup artist made more consternated noises at this, and Donghae just glared at his troublesome friend.

 

The show was about to start and they all stood expectantly, waiting to meet the special guest. It turned out to be Jo Hye Ryun which brought no end to their excitement. They all introduced themselves and attempted to win over Hye Ryun with their performing skills and personalities. Donghae was surprised at how much fun he was having.

 

“Alright, you guys all have to be successful on variety shows so the next game is perfect,” Hye Ryun paused for effect, “Bbyong Hammer Dibi dibi dip!”

 

Donghae cheered loudly with the rest of the group, but inwardly he was praying he’d get partnered with someone like sungmin instead of say… Kangin, he really didn’t enjoy getting hit for no reason.

 

The first pair was Kangin and thankfully not Donghae, but Leeteuk. “This game is a good game for getting out tensions healthily,” Hye Ryun spoke up, “You two live together right? So if there’s anything that annoys you about the other person say it now.”

 

The two took jabs at eachother playfully complaining about bed habits and brattiness. And it didn’t seem so bad. It was fun to see Kangin get abused a bit though. Donghae grinned, this could be fun, as long as he wasn’t paired up with….

 

“and next we should do Donghae and Eunhyuk!” came Hye Ryun’s voice.

Of course. He put a smile on a walked up to the front of the stage. Heechul poked Eunhyuk as he went up.

 

“Alright,” Hye Ryun began, “I trust you’ll be good, so do your best. Donghae you go first, say one really good thing about Eunhyuk, really good.”

 

Donghae’s mind raced. A good thing? That he’s perfect, his smiles actually make my brain melt? His dancing makes me want to—“He’s very goodlooking,”  he said quickly before than train of thought got going too far into the dirty parts of his mind.

 

The boys giggled, so he continued on, “In our group we call him Wonbin.” He smiled seeing Eunhyuk puff himself up.

 

“Donghae…really…” and then his grin widened, “He’s a smiling angel!”

 

It was too much for Donghae, even though it was a dare from Heechul, the words had already been said by Hyuk. Hearing them again, he thought his face would split open, the whole group laughed happily at the two. Emboldened by this, he brought his bouncy self to a whole new level of enthusiasm.

 

He won the first match and hit his friend lightly on the head, not wanting to cause the boy who’d just called him an angel any pain. Then it was Eunhyuk’s turn. Donghae cringed a bit awaiting the blow.

 

“Stand still Hae!” Eunhyuk cracked a gleeful grin. But when the blow came, it was softly laid.

 

“You guys must be really close, huh?” Hye Ryun asked, and the entire group nodded in agreement, “Good, so even when they hit each other they must put their love into it.”

 

Donghae didn’t know what had gotten into him, but he was feeling a bit mischievious, “So do I have to hit him with the hammer?”

 

Hye Ryun raised an eyebrow, “and what would you like to hit him with?”

 

“Can I hit him with my lips,” Donghae smiled flirtatiously across the table, a bit embarrassed he actually said that.

 

The emcee laughed, “How can you hit him with your lips on broadcast!” and everyone just laughed it off.

 

The show continued and Donghae participated merrily, but he hardly remembered what they’d done when the show had finished filming. All he could think about was that he had practically admitted outright that he wanted to kiss Eunhyuk! To the others it might have seemed like a joke, but did Eunhyuk realize the implications of what he’d done?

DHJ

The group returned back to the apartments, exhausted. Donghae wandered into the kitchen still in a daze. He opened the fridge and pulled out the milk bottle, indulging this once in drinking straight from it. He was suddenly aware of another’s presence mere inches from himself. He shifted his gaze sideways cautiously, slowly lowering the bottle.

 

Eunhyuk leaned casually against the frame of the refrigerator, taking the milk and putting it back on the shelf. He was looking at Donghae with a predatory look in his eyes that Donghae had never seen before. It scared him just a tiny bit. But it also made him want to crush the other boy against the fridge and do dirty dirty things. His breathing sped up.

 

“You have some milk,” Eunhyuk smirked, “right there,” he slowly raised his hand to Donghae’s chin and ran his thumb over his top lip.

 

Donghae resisted the urge to the spot Eunhae had just touched. Was he actually going crazy, or what Eunhyuk trying (and succeeding) to seduce him?

 

He had tried to block out his feelings for the other boy, to avoid doing anything that would scare Eunhyuk away from their friendship, but he didn’t think he could stand it any longer.

 

Eunhyuk pouted suggestively, “What exactly did you mean by hitting me with your lips Donghae?”

 

The sound of his name on Eunhyuk’s full lips made Donghae shiver. He stopped thinking, and just did what he had wanted to do since he’d noticed Eunhyuk beside him. With one step he had pushed Eunhyuk flat against the freezer door and had pulled his own body flush against the other boy’s. Eunhyuk’s hand was on his chest, their noses were practically touching. Donghae could feel Eunhyuk’s ragged breath mingling with his own.

 

“You really want to know?” He growled, grinding his hips slightly into Eunhyuk’s making the other let out a tiny whimper. He smiled a feral smile, “allow me to demonstrate.”

 

Without any more hesitation he brought his lips hungrily down on Eunhyuk’s slightly parted ones. He pressed him harder into the freezer door and  twisted a hand in the hair in the back of Eunhyuk’s neck. Eunhyuk’s own arms had wound around his back and behind his neck, greedily pulling him closer.

 

Kissing Eunhyuk was not like he’d imagined, it was not like anything he could ever possiblyimagine. His heart he was pretty sure was in danger of exploding at any second, but, he mused, at least he would die in heaven. And then Eunhyuk’s tongue was exploring his mouth and he didn’t have room in his head for any thoughts. He gripped the other boy tightly, rubbing against him, one hand slipping beneath his shirt and laying against the smooth skin he’d been trying so hard not to think of until now. Eunhyuk moaned into Donghae’s mouth a moan that was so ual it practically made him on the spot. He moved his lips from  Eunhyuk’s to weak protests, but immediately began spreading fiery kisses along his neck and collar bone. Eunhyuk’s head lolled against the door in ecstasy.

 

But suddenly the other boy stiffened. He furiously starting tapping Donghae’s shoulder and the blonde regretfully raised his head to see Eunhyuk staring past him. He quickly turned around to see not one but all ten of the other super junior members sitting at the kitchen table, staring at them.

 

They all cracked identical grins and began to cheer loudly. Heechul was practically dancing.

 

“Who called that ? I did, that’s right. I WIN!” he smirked.

 

Leeteuk playfully shoved Heechul to the side, “Chul, I’m pretty sure we all called that … except maybe those two.”

 

Donghae closed his eyes and leaned into the chest of his new…boyfriend? No… that’s too weird… what is this?

 

Eunhyuk stood up straighter and grabbed Donghae’s hand, finally coming out the daze the kiss had put him in. He smiled shyly at Donghae, “I have something for you, come with me?”

 

They waved cheekily to the rest of the group, and walked towards their room.

 

“Hyukkie…” Donghae started, just as Eunhyuk said his own name.

 

They both laughed awkwardly. And then they were in their room.

 

“Hold on,” and Eunhyuk went to his bed pulling out the bag from yesterday and turning back to Donghae, who looked at him curiously.

 

He took a deep breath and looked up at Donghae, “I bought this for you, for when I finally had the courage to confess my feelings. Donghae, Hae, I’ve liked you – well, if I’m honest, since I very first met you – but I think I realized it after we were put in this group together. I think you are the most genuine, caring friend I’ve ever had. You’re the most loyal person I know, and having your support means more to me than you probably realize. I didn’t want to lose that so I’m sorry that I never spoke up when I admitted to myself that I had feelings for you. But you’re such a radiant, sweet, amazing person, and I couldn’t stand watching you everyday with other people and have you not be mine. I need you Hae,” he voice cracked with emotion, but he still looked steadily into Donghae’s eyes.

 

Donghae felt tears on his face and he cursed his stupid tear ducts, always acting up at the most embarrassing moments! He couldn’t believe someone like hyukkie could think such heartrendingly sweet things about him, that Hyukkie thought he needed  Donghae.

 

“Hyukkie, it’s not you that needs me, it’s me that needs you.” Donghae said, walking towards the other man. “I am almost positive I would die without you around, if the past couple days of being avoided are any indication. I’ve been going through hell trying not to think about you, for fear of you hating me for liking you…” he sniffed a little, “You’re the closest thing I have to family here.”

 

Eunhyuk took Donghae’s hand, smiling softly now. He turned it over and placed a cold metal object in it. Donghae looked down to see a simple metal cuff, he turned it in his hand and noticed an engraving on the inner side. It had a D and a J in two hearts, and in the middle they overlapped, sharing a large H.

DHJ

“DH and HJ, together for Donghae and Hyukjae,” Eunhyuk clarified, anxiously, “’cause we’ll always be connected.”

 

Donghae couldn’t speak. Instead he simply threw his arms around Eunhyuk and squeezed tightly. Eunhyuk squeezed him back.

 

“So you like it?” Eunhyuk smiled his gummy smile, as he watched Donghae put on the bracelet, “’Cause now that that mushy stuff is out of they I think we should go back to uh… you ‘hitting me with your lips’ if you know what I mean.”

 

Donghae grinned, teariness banished. He grabbed Eunhyuk’s waist and swung him onto the bed so that he was still on top. He swept his head down to meet his Hyukkie’s waiting lips. His hands running up and down his chest. When he broke the kiss to explore new places, Eunhyuk let out a chuckle.

 

“Ya, Hae…you know how I said you look like a smiling angel?” He let out a moan as Donghae, on the hollow of his neck, “Well you sure don’t kiss like one.”

 

 

The end already!

DHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJDHJD