Happy goodbye birthday?

Happy goodbye birthday ?

 

 

Shinee: photo shoot

“Well done, were finished now guys” the photographer announced as he went to check the pictures of the shinee members.

The members walked back into the dressing room and got ready to have a rest.

“Aigoo~ I’m exhausted, I swear to god that was the worst photographer we ever had” key explained as he slumped onto the leather sofa next to jonghyun.

“Come on guys, we need to get back home, tomorrow is the concert rehearsals” jonghyun said as he dragged Minho and key off the sofa.

“We’ll catch you guys up in a bit, I’ll wait for taemin” onew replied, whilst looking at taemin who looked confused.

“E-ermm what do you mean wait for me” taemin asked confused.

Onew smiled brightly and replied, “Oh, I forgot to tell you, for this edition the photographer wanted you to do the solo shoot, instead of Minho”

Taemin gasped, “Me are you crazy! You must have heard wrong it’s always been Minho”

“Well, this time it’s you come on” onew replied as he pushed taemin to the stylists.

 “Am I dreaming, please pinch me!” taemin thought as he looked at his reflection through the mirrors the stylists started fixing his hair into a new style.

“Yes taemin just a little more closely, yes that’s it smile more” the photographer beamed as he clicked the camera repeatedly moving from side to side to get my angle.

“Wow, I never knew it would be this great, but I know it’s soon going to be over” taemin thought whilst posing more for the camera.

At that moment, the shinee members were decorating their dorm with decorations for taemin’s surprise party.

“Jonghyun I told you to put the pink ones on first then the blue one” key exclaimed as he pulled down the balloons and started whacking jonghyun with them.

“Well it’s not my fault I can’t understand when you’re obviously too excited about a stupid party were you don’t need to decorate you freak” jonghyun threw back whilst dipping away from the hits he was receiving from key.

The two chased each other around Minho who was trying to talk to onew on the phone.

“Yes hyung everything’s read- YAHH! MOVE AWAY FROM ME KEY!”

“Ok Minho, taemin had to go to lee soo man for some reason I don’t know why but I know that he will head to the dorm with the manager after” onew replied putting the phone away from his ear.

Lee soo man’s office

Taemin walked up to lee soo man’s office and knocked.

“Enter” taemin opened the door and entered the room trying to hide his shaking hands.

“Ahh taemin I’ve been expecting you, please sit down” the man gestured taemin to sit down on the seat opposite him.

“So, tomorrow morning you’re leaving, am I right?” the man asked.

Taemin smiled and nodded efficiently

“Are you sure this is your final decision because we’ve been over this and it seems it’s a serious situation but giving up everything seems weird taemin , you’ve always been the star of my company and losing you is like losing the shine. Seriously I’ll give you till tomorrow morning to tell me and you know we can pay for your operation”.         

“That’s all he had to say”          

“Thank you sir I’ll think over it but you know it’s for the best” I bowed and walked away and headed to the van.

“Buckle up” my manager said whilst going out of the parking lot.

 I stared out of the window and watched the places passing my vision in the speed of light.

*sigh*.

 

“Guys he’s coming, hurry get into your places” onew said running behind the door with a cake in his hand.

“Yah tofu, cover the flames so it don’t go out and stop eating the cake” jonghyun remarked going over to onew.

“Shut up, jonghyun go back to your place” key shouted whilst hiding.

“Calm your beans, grandma” jonghyun mumbled whilst glaring at key who was gesturing his finger under his neck showing the will kill him later.

Minho looked at his hyungs and sighed

It is always the older ones

Knock knock knock.

Strange know ones answering, normally keys screaming at jonghyun? Taemin kicked the door with his leg finding out it was open already, strange the dorms dark.

1 2 3 4 5 ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE!

Taemin gasped from the sudden surprise from his hyungs who all jumped out of their hiding places, with birthday hats.

I looked at my surroundings noticing the welcoming yet surprising atmosphere I was receiving from my hyungs.

Slowly my eyes started watering; I suddenly burst out my tears uncontrollably

“Baby don’t cry it’s your birthday” key said as he pulled the maknae into a hug.

The guys were all smiling at the maknae who could not control his tears, what they did not know was the news ahead them for that night.

 After giving presents, eating, dancing and goofing around (particularly onew and Minho). They all decided it was time to rest. They all got up and started heading to their respective rooms.

This is my chance I could tell them now. I have decided……………

Taemin stood up after them and fidgeted with his fingers. He sighed deeply.


“E-ermm, hyungs” taemin called them. They all turned around and waited for him to talk.

“I need to tell you guys something” he said anxiously.

“Well whatever it is it can wait” jonghyun replied

“Yeah Minnie lets go were all tired” Minho mumbled leaning against onew.

“Yeah come on, baby it’s not bound to be that important” key replied trying to grab taemin’s arm.

“YES IT IS” taemin screamed, shrugging off keys hands. The members shook out of there laziness due to the sudden outburst of taemin. They were all shocked, never have they heard taemin scream nor answer back to his hyungs.

“Yah who are you screaming at!” jonghyun raised his voice and stepped in front of taemin.

“I SCREAMING AT YOU AND WHAT YOU GONNA DO HUH TELL ME!” taemin answered back screaming more whilst feeling his blood boil.

The members were all taken back with the maknae unreasonable actions.

“Ok lets settle this” onew said going in between the two lions who looked like they were about to rip each other into pieces.

After settling them both down, they all sat down making sure to keep either of them away from each other.

 

They all sat silently waiting for one of them to speak.

“Taemin what’s got you all worked up” onew asked watching taemin whose hands were fisted ready to beat up someone as well as the redness on his face causing the leader to be more anxious.

“Why do you care, anyways go to sleep its not important REMEMBER” he remarked back, looking at jonghyun.

“WELL IF CLARIFIED WHAT EVER YOU WANTED TO TELL US STRAIGHT TO THE POINT THEN WE WOULDN’T BE HERE RIGHT NO” jonghyun answered back.

They repeatedly argued which made the other three members to become more impatient … especially … Minho.

“SHUT THE UP YOU TO” Minho screamed, shutting them both up and look at him. Onew and key finally calmed after seeing the two silent.

“If you all listened to each other this wouldn’t be the case would it? Minho carried on looking at the members.

“Well if you just-” jonghyun wanted to answer back but was stopped by key’s glare.

“Taemin could you please tell us what’s wrong” Minho asked pleadingly.

Taemin sighed and got up from his seat to stand in front of his soon to be ex- band members.

“What I wanted to tell you was that …..” he stopped talking for a minute to think is this what he really wanted because he knows he still can stay.

“….I’m leaving” he finally said Dearing not to meet eyes with s

Suddenly they all started laughing hysterically “very ha funny taemin you fooled us”, he looked at them to see them rolling on the floor laughing. After a few minutes, they wiped the tears from their eyes.

I knew it, it’s best for me to go now…

“b-but I’m not ly-” taemin tried answering back but could not get their attention.

They looked at him smiling and got up pulling the maknae with them down the hallway. “That was a good joke on your birthday” onew said “sorry taemin for screaming at you” jonghyun said trying to hold in his laughs.

They all bid their goodbyes and went to their rooms without talking about the situation. Taemin went to the bathroom and started packing his toiletries (A/N: sorry cheesiness). He looked at his reflection and stared at himself.

If this is what they want, then let it because forever I am no longer dancing machine taemin.

 

 

He went back to his room and laid down on his bed staring at the ceiling and thought about that accident that occurred years ago.

Flashback

“Yah give me back my ball” taemin cried trying to reach out for the ball the bullies were throwing back and forth at each other.

“Girls don’t need to play with balls, girls need to play with dollies,” one of the bullies said pushing taemin on the floor. Taemin soon felt his vision start to blur out.

“Aww look little miss taemin’s crying you want your ball back! Here fetch!  Taemin wiped his tears and saw the ball going out of the school gates and near the road. He quickly got up; ignoring the pain, he was feeling in his knees and the laughter from his classmates.

 He ran out of the school not looking where he was going. But only thinking about that ball. He crossed the road not looking left or right, when the ball came in sight he reached out to grab it but in nano seconds, things turned black. At the hospital his parents were told taemin had a brain tumour not knowing when to tell him, they just hid it.

You wonder where that ball came from…. that ball was the last possession taemin’s grandpa gave him before he died. His grandpa was his best friend; they did everything together from when he was young until he became a trainee. His grandpa was also the only reason why taemin had become a trainee. It was always his dream to become an idol one day.

After taemin had been scouted into sm and into shinee, his grandpa had died just days before his debut stage. Throughout the years that had gone by taemin had been feeling more exhausted when practising, fainted a lot and mainly lost a lot of weight.

His parents figured out that eventually he would find out so they decided to break the news to him , taemin had known that they only hid it for his dream so he carried on….. until one day he realised that things were going to be over soon so he decided to leave shinee…………….

 

Out of flashback

The next morning taemin had woken up at 5:00am; normally the members were awake and gone to their schedule at 8:00-9:00am. He packed his belongings making sure he had everything, he went to each of the member’s room and returned everything they had borrowed him.

Before he stepped out of the dorm, he left a note on the note board; he looked around one last time and left.

“Goodbye forever” he left feeling tears in his eyes, but wiped them away not wanting lee soo man to see.

 

 

 Knock knock knock

“Enter” replied the man.

Taemin opened the door and stepped in not forgetting to bow or smile

“Well good morning, taemin I’m surprised you’re here so early,” the man said surprised

“Well, the early bird catches the worm” he replied trying to crack a joke that obviously did not amuse the man who had worry written all over his face.

Taemin looked down and coughed avoiding the man’s face.

“Taemin, do you know you still have time left to change your mind” he said hoping for me to think back again.

“No sir, its fine I think I’ve made up my mind” I replied quickly bowing and hurrying to the door.

“You know taemin I don’t think we can replace you “he said before I left.

 

Back at the dorm

“MINHO WAKE UP TAEMIN PLEASE, YAH JONGHYUN STOP EATING HIS FOOD” key yelled to Minho whilst slapping jonghyun’s arms off taemin’s food.

“Key can we eat and why do we have to wait for everyone because even if we start together were not all going to finish at the same time. Oh and why did you let jonghyun eat?” onew complained, jonghyun laughed at him.

“Because you’re not special to key and I am right key? Jonghyun said looking up at key who was not paying attention.

Onew started laughing at jonghyun and they both got into a slapping fight, at that moment Minho walked in without taemin.

“E-ermm key taemin’s not in his room and nor is his stuff” Minho said looking confused

“yah! Frog eyes stop joking the joke ended yesterday” jonghyun said whilst slapping onew.

“I’ll go check, if you’re lying Minho you know what’s going to happen” key said walking to taemin’s room

After a few minutes.

Key came rushing into the room and ran to the note board, he suddenly burst out crying after seeing what was on the notice board. The other members looked at each other and went to see what was wrong.

“Key, what’s wrong” onew asked walking to the boys who looked devastated on the floor.

“H-he W-w-was-s’nt lying” key managed to say.

“Who wasn’t lying” jonghyun asked confused

Key looked up with teary eyes.

“For god-sakes who else taemin” he said impatiently

The atmosphere went silent for a bit

“Well he probably just took his things to fool us right guys” onew said whilst trying to smile.

Key handed them a letter:

Dear shinee,

I am sorry I left without saying goodbye

Things are going to be different after you find this note

Because I will no longer be ‘dancing machine taemin’

Just a normal boy. I am not going to say you hurt me yesterday

After I told you, I was be leaving, but if you listened to me you would have known

Now it is too late to turn back time things have changed.

I hope the best for you in the future as shinee

Thanks for everything xxxxx    taemin

 

No one said anything, after a moment

“Well I guess it’s too late” onew said silently

“How can you say that onew, my baby’s gone and I don’t even know where” key replied still crying

“Shouldn’t we go to lee soo man and ask him?” Minho suggested not looking up from the paper

They all nodded in agreement

 

At lee soo man’s office

The members came into the office without knocking only one thing was on their minds taemin. They saw the man on the phone with a miserable expression. Oops did they come in the wrong time. He looked up and gestured for them to take a seat.

“So I’ve guess you’ve heard” he said

“What do you mean so I’ve guess you’ve heard, taemin’s gone and you don’t care” key shouted getting up from his seat.

“Who said I don’t care young man and you’re in no position to talk to mean like that” the man raised his voice back. Key was about to fire back but sat back down.

“I know this is going to be hard but you have to listen before you say anything,” the man explained

No one said anything but waited for him to carry on

“Before taemin had become a trainee he had an illness-

“What illness” they asked confused. The man sighed and said “brain tumour”

Key covered his mouth with his hands, they all looked shocked.

“His parents told us but never told him and asked us to watch over him. Taemin started to become more exhausted that is why he was not around much in practise. He soon found out and he by himself decided that it was best for him to leave and think about his health.” he explained

The members were all devastated and could not get a single word out of their mouth. Soon jonghyun burst out in tears

“Why didn’t he tell us? Why! We would still be fine!” he burst out.

“Where is he now?” Minho asked

Lee soo man saw the pain in them and the atmosphere and decided to tell them where taemin was. Even though taemin had told him to not tell anyone.

“Hes at the hospital at the moment his condition has gotten bad, I suggest you go “he said

Leaving the office, they went to the address of the hospital.

Once they reached there, the people there were surprised from the accompany of the stars, not caring who they were at that moment but only had the maknae in their minds.

 They reached to the reception

“Excuse me do you know what room taemin’s in?” they asked the secretary

“Hes on the private floor, room 665,” she said

They quickly bowed and went to find it, once in the lift they all start panicking about losing time.

“Why didn’t he tell us?” onew asked repeatedly shaking his head , minho was comforting key who was getting teary and jonghyun stood there silently and looked ahead .

Once they reached the room, they looked through the window and saw a helpless boy laying on the hospital bed with his parents who were sad. They knocked on the door getting a bit anxious but soon relived when they saw the boy awake.

Taemin’s pov

Taemin watched as his parents got up after a sudden reaction to something I do not know; I decided to close my eyes.

“Taemin” I heard voices from the door, why does it sound like shinee. I am probably just hallucinating.

I opened my making sure I was just hallucinating but realised they were kneeling in front of me, I gasped a bit.

“w-what a-a-are you doing here? I said

“t-taemin careful if you get shocked a lot you’ll go worse” onew said softly

After staring at them a bit I said, “I think you should go”

“No we’re not going anywhere” Minho raised his voice a bit looking at the maknae who looked away.

“Please explain taemin, why are you leaving us you can get sur- key tried to say

“NO IT’S TOO LATE I HAVE LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO LIVE!  TAEMIN INTRUPPTED

They all shut up and looked at the lifeless boy who looked pale and sad.

“I’m sorry hyungs that things have turned out like this but I can’t stay anymore,” he softly said holding onto keys hand who was crying.

“Why taemin, why couldn’t you tell us sooner? Minho asked getting teary as well as jonghyun and onew

“My condition can’t be cured Minho if it could I wouldn’t have been here, lee soo man said it can but I found out it can’t as it spread all around now” he quietly replied with regret towards them

They pulled him into a hug whilst crying together. After letting go

“Jonghyun, thank you for always being here for me and never stop hitting on the girls,” he said making jonghyun laugh with tears in his eyes and pulled him into a hug.

“Onew, you always stole my food at dinner but you are the best hyung anyone could ever get,” he said to onew who hugged him

“Minho, even though I am younger than you, you never let me win in football but never let anyone win “he said and Minho hugged him

“l umma, who are you going to clean for now ha-ha never stop what you do best because key’s your name right” key laughed and burst into tears whilst hugging him.

He lastly looked at them all and said

“Never change your name and who you are because you’re awesome at being shinee and sorry hyungs its forever goodbye,” he finally said letting a tear slip out of his eyes.

Soon after his saying the monitor started beeping, they all started panicking.

“Taemin what’s happening!

“Yahh call the nurse, NURSE NURSE!

In a second the doctors, nurses and his parents came in and started rushing around him. Taemin looked at his hyungs and felt his eyes close.

Key quietly said “taemin” whilst being hugged by jonghyun. The members looked lost.

“Taemin looked at them one last time and said,

“Sorry hyungs but it’s for the best” in a croaky voice slowly smiling his eyes closed

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP the monitor stopped ………………..