Chapter One

Falling For You Again: Family Descendants

 

“No, Mavin… put that down.” A blonde female warned the young curious boy with the glass figurine. The small boy stared back up at the blonde woman and ignored her completely and continued to play with the fragile glass object in his hands. The blonde female then rolled her eyes and walked up to the boy and carried him. She then held her hand out in front of him, waiting for the glass object to be placed on her hand.

“Mavin. Be a good boy now.” The blonde warned. Mavin gave a pout as he opened his hands and stared at the glass object. He closed it up again and shook his head. The female gestured to the hand again and continued to wait. The guilt then finally hit Mavin as he reluctantly placed the glass figurine into the hands of the blonde again.

“That’s a good boy.” The blonde nodded in approval before setting the glass figurine down onto the table again. She then shifted Mavin’s weight and put him onto her shoulders to give him a piggy back. Mavin gave a joyful laugh and instinctively wrapped his hands around the female’s neck, getting ready for the ride.

“Your mom will be back soon. Don’t be bad until then, okay?” the female started walking. Mavin nodded furiously and smiled widely as they were walking around. Just then, the front door opened as a red head walked in with three shopping bags. The blonde and the young boy turned and looked at the door curiously as they saw the redhead drop her bags and run towards them.

“Mavin! Did you miss me?” the redhead exclaimed excitedly. Mavin gave a hearty laughter and automatically reached for the redhead.

“Well aren’t you excited.” The blonde muttered under her breath as the redhead took hold of Mavin. The other female laughed slightly as she rubbed her nose against the boy’s cheek lovingly.

“Aw, come on Taeyeon. Why are you so gloomy? You got to spend the whole day with Mavin.” The redhead complained.

“Might I ask you why you’re so excited in return?” Taeyeon challenged back. The redhead just giggled and hugged the young boy tighter in her arms.

“Mommy Tiffany.” Mavin said excitedly whilst he was in the embrace of Tiffany. Tiffany let out an excited squeal and swung the boy around in her arms whilst Taeyeon stood aside and watched.

“You’re such a cutie” Tiffany giggled. Taeyeon then reached into her pocket and pulled out a small lollipop from it. She then held it in front of her and waved it, making sure that Mavin would be able to see it. As expected, the innocent child spotted the sweet confectionary and eyed it hungrily.

“Mommy Taeyeon” Mavin called out and reached for the lolly. Tiffany stopped hugging onto the young boy and looked at him curiously. She saw that he was reaching out for someone behind her and no longer had an interest in her. She then followed to where he was reaching. Taeyeon quickly hid the lollipop and reached for the young boy, casually taking him out of Tiffany’s arms and holding in her own, not forgetting to secretly give Mavin his reward.

“I guess you’re still not good with children.” Taeyeon shrugged and took Mavin away to the lounge. Tiffany stood there dumbfounded as she watched the two walk away. Just then, there was a faint knock on the door. The redhead turned towards the door to see that she had forgotten to lock the door and there were two women standing at the door with a toddler holding onto their hands.

“You… forgot to lock your door.” The taller of the two girls said hesitantly as the door opened wider.

“Yuri! Jessica! Mason!” Tiffany greeted and walked towards the door. She opened the door fully and welcomed the three guests in. The three walked in to the house and searched around for any other signs of other people.

“Where’s Taeyeon?” Jessica asked casually. Tiffany nodded her head towards the lounge whilst closing the door.

“She’s in the lounge playing with Mavin.” Tiffany answered back. Yuri raised her left eyebrow up and stared towards the lounge.

“Taeyeon? Playing?” Yuri questioned. Tiffany just shrugged and walked towards where Taeyeon and Mavin were. As she walked in she saw Taeyeon handing the young boy an opened lollipop. Realisation struck her when she saw Mavin popping the lolly into his mouth and receiving a head pat from the female in front of him.

“You bribed him.” Tiffany exploited. Mavin stopped onto his lollipop and stared at the redhead with fear. Taeyeon just shrugged casually in her seat, not bothering to look back at the cheated Tiffany.

“You two still the same as ever I see.” Yuri chuckled as she reached them. Mason then let go of Yuri and Jessica’s hands and ran up to Mavin. Mavin greeted the other older boy with a smile, not forgetting to show off his reward. The disappointment in Mason’s face was obvious when he saw the lollipop go back into the other younger boy’s mouth. Taeyeon then gave a reassuring pat on his head and reached into her pocket to pull out another lollipop.

“You have an endless amount of lollies in your pockets. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were ants in there.” Yuri mused as she sat on the seat next to Taeyeon with Jessica following closely behind.

“I seem to be meeting children a lot ever since I gave Bubz to that young boy. They’re always expecting treats and no matter how many times I show them my empty pockets, they keep coming back. Might as well save them some disappointment once in a while.” Taeyeon said casually. Mavin then got off Taeyeon’s lap and went to play with Mason on the floor with the few cars they had. Tiffany sat on the hand rest of the couch and sighed.

“Kids are so hard to understand.” Tiffany pouted. Jessica nodded in agreement.

“I’m just glad I don’t have any.” Jessica said bluntly. Yuri let out a chuckle at Jessica’s remark, earning a punch from the other latter.

“That makes the two of us.” Taeyeon added.

“Three.” Tiffany joined in. All three females then looked at Yuri expectantly, waiting for her answer, but the latter just stared back confusingly.

“What? I don’t mind kids. They’re fun.” Yuri said defensively.

“I’ve got enough trouble as it is looking after two grown women.” Taeyeon muttered under her breath. Mavin then got up off the floor and walked towards Taeyeon with sticky hands from the lollipop. Taeyeon held onto his wrists to prevent him from getting any onto her and looked at him with curiosity.

“Mommy. Hands are sticky.” Mavin complained. Taeyeon nodded slowly, obviously seeing the sticky hands in front of her. She then got up carefully and led the young boy to the kitchen to wash his hands.

“Mommy?” Jessica blinked confusingly. Tiffany nodded and took a proper seat on the couch.

“Mavin calls me and Taeyeon mommy for some reason. He calls most people he meets either mom or dad.” Tiffany explained briefly. There was then a knock on the door.

“I got it.” Taeyeon called out as she finished washing Mavin’s hands and went to open the door. Standing at the door was another two females with yet another young boy. This time it was Yoona and SeoHyun with Maden.

“How was it?” Taeyeon asked slowly when she saw Yoona’s tired face. SeoHyun smiled innocently and gave the thumbs up. Yoona then trudged into the house with Maden in her hands.

“I never want kids.” Yoona explained. Taeyeon just chuckled and closed the door behind her before patting Yoona on the back pityingly.

“Now you know how I feel when I deal with you and Yuri.” Taeyeon remarked. Yoona collapsed onto the couch next to Yuri and gently set Maden down to join the other two boys. Before Taeyeon could take another seat, the door was knocked upon again. She then walked back to the door and revealed a middle aged woman.

“Excuse me, is this Kim Taeyeon’s residence?” the woman asked hesitantly. Taeyeon just gave a polite nod and waited for further information.

“My cousin told me she’d bring my sons here? May I ask if that information is correct?” the woman asked stiffly. Taeyeon nodded and opened the door to welcome the woman in. As the two returned they saw that all the females were gathered around watching the three boys with the cars in front of them.

“Jessica. Thank you so much for looking after them.” The woman thanked immediately when she saw the brunette sitting lazily on the couch. Jessica immediately got up and greeted her older cousin with a smile.

“It was no big deal.” Jessica reassured.

“That’s because she divided the job between the six of us.” Tiffany scoffed. Yoona nodded tiredly in agreement. She never knew how hard looking after a one year old was and how draining it was. Even her immortality couldn’t keep up.

“I hope they didn’t trouble you.” The woman apologized.

“They weren’t any trouble at all. Mason was a little of a fussy eater, but surely not any worse than Jessica so it was manageable.” Yuri chuckled. Jessica turned around and shot Yuri a silencing glare. Taeyeon then proceeded to the middle of the lounge and crouched down to the boys’ level. She then picked up the cars and held them out in her hands.

“Why don’t you take these with you? It will be a gift from all of aunties.” Taeyeon offered. The two older boys hesitated at the toys in Taeyeon’s hand. They were raised up properly and were reluctant to receive gifts. Taeyeon them propped one car each into their pockets and patted them with a small smile.

“Don’t worry. It’s a present.” Taeyeon reassured. She then got up and pulled the three boys along with her, with Maden in her arms.

“Mason, Mavin, Maden, time to go home.” The woman called out.

“Yes mom.” The two older boys replied whilst Taeyeon carried Maden to the woman.

“Thank you again for looking after them. I apologise for any trouble they caused.” The woman said sincerely. The others got up from their chairs and bid farewell to the lively boys and to the woman. Once the door was closed, everyone but Yuri, Taeyeon and SeoHyun collapsed tiredly.

“Well that’s another day gone. Spending my Saturday looking after a three year old was the last thing I was planning to do today.” Tiffany sighed.

“You’re telling me. I was going to go to Coming Step to see if they got my order for the shirt I wanted.” Jessica complained. Taeyeon walked back into the lounge again and sat on the one seater in her room silently. Yoona then propped up in her seat and stared at Tiffany and Taeyeon curiously.

“You two seem a little distant. Did you get into a fight?” Yoona blurted out. Tiffany raised her eyebrow in curiosity towards Yoona as Taeyeon mimicked her actions. Yuri knocked Yoona against her head and quietened her down.

“They’re always like that” Yuri whispered harshly so that only Yoona could hear. Before anyone could say anything more, Taeyeon’s phone went off. When she pulled her phone out and checked the caller ID, she saw ‘The Legion’ calling her.

“Excuse me.” Taeyeon excused herself to the kitchen as she answered her phone. The group waited for a while until Taeyeon was a safe distance away before they started conversing again. The last thing they wanted to do was annoy the Legion on the phone.

“Now that Taeyeon’s accepted the role of the leader of the Legion, she’s been a lot busier lately.” Jessica noted. Everyone nodded in agreement. Since the day that Miyoung was taken away, Taeyeon had been receiving endless calls from the members of the Legion. On most occasions, it would usually be about a group of humans finding out about the Legion and therefore asking Taeyeon for ways to deal with them. With Taeyeon in charge again, they were not allowed to harm any more mortals. Since Taeyeon left them long ago, they have slowly changed their ways and now, their hatred for humans was locked away safely. It was still there, but it barely showed.

“Miyoung is dealt by them too, isn’t she?” Yoona asked quietly. Tiffany just nodded slowly as she remembered when she caught Taeyeon talking on the phone about the troublesome immortal.

The room fell silent for a few moments as the moments of the fateful day replayed in their minds. Miyoung had injected drugs into Taeyeon’s body that should have killed her. The Legion had saved Taeyeon’s life by removing most of the drug and keeping the drug from spreading. It was mostly a success but there was a side effect. Taeyeon’s neck was now her weak spot. It would heal a lot slower than the rest of her body, even slower than the healing rate of a human’s.

“Oh. Right. Tiffany, the guy called me back about the available spot. He said that you’re free to apply for that job.” Jessica broke the silence and informed Tiffany.

“What guy?” Yuri asked curiously. Tiffany leaned off the side of her seat to make sure that Taeyeon was still on the phone before she continued.

“I applied for a job at a restaurant nearby. The guy who works there wasn’t sure whether he could fit me in so he said he’d call me back.” Tiffany explained briefly. Yuri and Yoona furrowed their eyebrows at Tiffany, wondering why she had to get a job.

“The money my mother left for me is slowly running out and my father isn’t exactly the supportive type. So I decided I would start working and stop relying on what my mother left me, because eventually it will run out.” Tiffany continued quickly upon catching the looks she was given by the two rich immortals in the room.

“You know we can help you with that. I mean, we don’t spend any money on weekly and daily needs. We also sold our old stuff which was apparently worth a fortune. And we feed off the banks’ interest rates. We have plenty to spare if you need any” Yoona offered with a shrug. Yuri nodded once in agreement and waited for Tiffany’s answer.

“Oh, no I can’t. I don’t want to bring anyone into this and I don’t like troubling others. It’s for my own living expenses so I might as well pay for it myself.” Tiffany quickly shook her hands furiously.

“Are you sure? It’s no trouble to us all. In fact I think it will help. The bank isn’t exactly happy that we have that much money in our accounts.” Yuri added. Tiffany then closed her eyes and nodded confidently.

“I’ll go talk to the manager tomorrow about the application. I was going to find a job last year but things were a little bumpy along the way.” Tiffany chuckled slightly. Everyone let out a small laugh as they remembered the eventful year.

“No.” A stern voice then interrupted the small silence. Everyone turned around to see Taeyeon standing at the entrance with the phone in her hands and a serious expression on her face.

“You have your studies to keep up with. You couldn’t possibly manage to find a part time job that will provide enough for your expenses. Don’t bother with finding a job and focus on your studies. Everything else will be taken care of.” Taeyeon said bluntly as she put the phone back into her pockets. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows at Taeyeon’s demand.

“But I want to earn the money myself.” Tiffany complained. Taeyeon shook her head again and leaned against the wall with her arms over her chest.

“I will take care of the studying fees and any other expenses. Sunny left you in our care and we plan and doing that well.” Taeyeon continued. Tiffany sighed in disappointment as she remembered their situation. Sunny was now working with the Legion to help with research and occasionally, the runaways that would appear from the afterlife. Before she left, Sunny had left Tiffany, Jessica and SeoHyun into the care of the Elites.

“Taeyeon. Just let me try it out? I will work hard to keep up with my studies and manage my expenses. If it doesn’t work then I am willing to do whatever you want.” Tiffany retaliated. Yoona, SeoHyun, Yuri and Jessica could feel the tense air around them. Tiffany was always independent and Taeyeon was always a leader. Two personalities that would always conflict each other. They waited for Taeyeon to break but were surprised when Taeyeon nodded and shrugged.

“I see no harm in that. Just don’t push yourself too far.” Taeyeon said calmly. Tiffany automatically smiled widely and clapped with excitement.

“Thank you Taeyeon. I really don’t like troubling others with my problems.” Tiffany beamed. Yuri blinked a few times, still a little stunned that Taeyeon had let go of the topic so easily. She then looked back at Taeyeon to see her rubbing her neck tiredly as she let out a long sigh.

“Are you okay Taeyeon? Is your neck hurting?” Yuri got up off her seat and walked over to Taeyeon. Taeyeon just shook her head and stretched her neck out, letting it crack in an area. Tiffany stopped clapping and quickly walked over to Taeyeon to check her neck. Taeyeon used her hand to cover her neck and raised her eyebrow at the two above her.

“I’m fine. It just gets a bit uncomfortable to feel it being so much weaker than the rest of my body.” Taeyeon reassured. Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, still not convinced. The image of Taeyeon receiving the injection and falling to the floor in front of Tiffany still haunted both her and Yoona. They were still not fully convinced that Taeyeon was safe.

“Besides, you’re in no place to be worrying about me. You have her remember?” Taeyeon nodded her head towards Jessica. Yuri let out a low chuckle and shrugged before she returned to Jessica’s side.

“When do you start working?” Yoona asked Tiffany.

“During this week probably.” Tiffany answered with a smile. Taeyeon lowered her hand down from her neck and crossed her arms over her chest again as she stared at Tiffany.

“You do realise that your exams are coming up in a month or so. Do you think you can keep up?” Taeyeon challenged. Tiffany just let out a small giggle and nodded. She then pointed to Taeyeon and gave a thumbs-up.

“I have the best tutor to help me.” Tiffany beamed confidently. Taeyeon let out a chuckle and patted Tiffany’s head before Yuri and Yoona erupted.

“What about me?” they both said in unison. Jessica tugged on Yuri’s sleeve whilst SeoHyun tugged on Yoona’s.

“Hey, Taeyeon is my tutor. I can’t pick anyone else over her.” Tiffany reasoned. This time, Taeyeon reacted by raising her eyebrows at Tiffany. Tiffany turned to face Taeyeon and returned the gaze with a confused one.

“So you only picked me because you had to?” Taeyeon challenged. Tiffany shook her head and hands in defence before she lowered her shoulders in defeat.

“What Tiffany means to say is that to her, Taeyeon is the best tutor” Jessica helped Tiffany out by speaking up.

“Just the same as Yoona is the best to me, and Yuri is the best to Jessica” SeoHyun continued on. Tiffany clicked her fingers and pointed at Jessica and SeoHyun before clapping in approval.

“Yes exactly what I meant” Tiffany beamed. Yuri and Yoona, satisfied with the explanation, sat back down next to their partners. Taeyeon then tapped on Tiffany’s shoulders and nudged her head towards the kitchen before she walked off. Tiffany followed behind Taeyeon and left the other four in the lounge to themselves until she reached the kitchen. Taeyeon stood in front of the window nearby and stared outside with her back faced towards Tiffany.

“Yes Taeyeon?” Tiffany called out. Taeyeon then turned around with an apologetic expression on her face as she took a few steps towards the mortal human.

“I… just wanted to…” Taeyeon hesitated as she kept her eyes on the floor. Tiffany waited patiently as she saw the girl in front of her take a few deep breaths to calm herself down.

“I just wanted to… apologize for the past… few months.” Taeyeon said slowly and awkwardly. Tiffany turned her head to the side curiously, wondering what Taeyeon had meant exactly.

“Yuri and Yoona have been treating Jessica and SeoHyun better… but I haven’t changed since the first time we met… I can’t help but feel like I should apologize for it” Taeyeon continued, still avoiding eye contact. Tiffany instantly smiled with relief. She thought that it was something serious for a moment. Feeling all too relieved, she let out a small mangled laugh. Taeyeon slowly turned back to Tiffany and waited for a response.

“I thought it was something serious for a moment there” Tiffany sighed. Taeyeon blinked a few times confusingly at the human. To her, this was something serious.

“To be honest, I’m a little glad you haven’t changed. It would be too weird if all of a sudden you were kind and lovey-dovey. I knew since after a week after I met you what your real personality is like and I’m used to the cold exterior now. I didn’t even think about this issue until now as well.” Tiffany admitted.

“Really?” Taeyeon uttered with surprise. Tiffany just nodded confidently.

“It just makes it all the more special when you do something thing nice for once.” Tiffany added. Taeyeon then let out a hearty chuckle and nodded as she patted Tiffany’s head. It was the main action of affection between the two, but Tiffany didn’t mind. She closed her eyes as the feeling of Taeyeon’s warm hand against her head made her feel comfortable. Her father never really did show any signs of affection and she had long forgotten her mother’s embrace.

“You seem to like these head pats a lot.” Taeyeon interrupted Tiffany’s thoughts. Tiffany then opened her eyes to see a questioning expression on her face.

“Yeah. They mean a lot to me.” Tiffany said with a slight smile. Taeyeon nodded, noting it down mentally in her head for future references.

“You remind me a lot of Sooyeon then. She would always prefer a pat over a hug. Would I be right to presume that also applies to you?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrow. Tiffany let out a low hum in thought as she tried to debate which she would prefer.

“I’d have to differ. A hug from you is rare so I would prefer a hug.” She answered confidently. Taeyeon then quickly darted her eyes to the opening of the kitchen, having sworn she saw something standing at it. She then walked past Tiffany and looked out of the kitchen to see nothing within listening distance of the kitchen as the other four were still in the lounge. Tiffany joined Taeyeon, wondering what she was up to as she scanned the area too.

Taeyeon then made a sigh and turned around to face Tiffany.

“That’s all I wanted to talk to you about. If you do wish for anything more, you can always ask and I’ll try to change. It’s hard changing my exterior after over a hundred years of keeping it up.” Taeyeon continued. Tiffany nodded with understanding and started walking to the lounge before Taeyeon held onto her hand to stop her again. Tiffany turned around and looked at the hands with confusion.

“Just this once.” Taeyeon whispered. Before Tiffany could comprehend what Taeyeon had meant, she was pulled by Taeyeon’s arms and held in an embrace. Her eyes opened wide when she felt the warm body press against her own as two hands wrapped around her waist. Having being taken by surprise, it was quite a while before Tiffany responded by placing her arms around Taeyeon’s neck to hug her back.

“Yeah, definitely a hug over a pat.” Tiffany whispered with amusement. She felt Taeyeon’s body shake slightly from the laugh as they slowly broke their hug. Taeyeon then patted Tiffany’s head again and used her other hand to turn Tiffany around towards the lounge. Just as the two were about to walk out, there were four heads sticking out the side of the wall with a surprised expression.

All six people froze for a good five seconds as their brains slowly processed everything. Tiffany and Taeyeon then immediately recognised Yuri, Jessica, Yoona and SeoHyun’s heads.

“Well isn’t that cute.” Yoona commented.

“Definitely a drama worthy scene.” Yuri added.

“So you’re the behind the scenes couple huh?” Jessica smirked.

“I’m happy for you unnie.” SeoHyun gave a small cheer.

Tiffany’s cheeks then turned bright pink within seconds whilst Taeyeon’s expression dulled. Slowly, Yuri’s and Yoona’s smirked began to fade as the blue in Taeyeon’s eyes began to grow. With Taeyeon accepting the role of the leader of the Legion again, her appearance and aura has become more fierce and intimidating. Even Yuri and Yoona who have been with her for years are affected.

“I… think we should run.” Jessica said quickly before running off as she grabbed SeoHyun. Yuri and Yoona were still feeling the chills from Taeyeon’s aura and were temporarily nullified. They legs refused to move as they continued to stare into the blue eyes.

“You two… never learn your lessons… do you?” Taeyeon said lowly. Yuri swallowed down hard and willed her feet to move. As soon as Taeyeon took once step towards them, the two other immortals fled within seconds.

By this time, Tiffany had managed to lower her temperature slightly by fanning herself. She then turned around and held onto Taeyeon’s wrist to calm her down. Feeling the cooler hands against her wrist, Taeyeon slowly dulled her eyes back to her natural brown colour before she moved her hands to grip onto Tiffany’s.

“Don’t push yourself too far with the job. There’s no use working to pay for an education if you fail in the education. I would rather you just study alone.” Taeyeon said seriously. Tiffany just shook her head firmly and gripped onto Taeyeon’s hands to reassure her.

“If other people manage to do it, so can I.” she pronounced. Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows slightly but just took a deep breath and nodded.

“As soon as you start struggling I’m pulling you out of it.” Taeyeon finished off before she walked away with Tiffany’s hands still in hers. As Tiffany was trailing behind Taeyeon, she couldn’t help but feel so fortunate.

‘I’m glad that I managed to get Taeyeon.’ Tiffany thought proudly to herself as they left their own private time and entered the room with the two mischievous immortals, the sarcastic and lazy princess along with the noble and quiet younger teacher.

 

 

_______________________________________________________

 

Yeppps. TaeNy, YulSic and YoonHyun do not have kids and i don't plan on making them have any in this series.
The main storyline is going to be quite different from what many of you expected ^^

 

Oh and if there are any grammar errors or spelling errors, please tell me?
I will save it onto word doc so i can make a pdf version after this
It's easier for me since i dont have to read the WHOLE ting over again after i finish the season :)

 

Anywho~
This chapter is just to go over the last season. An introduction/recap really.
Sunny has gone to work with the legion (as mentioned in previous season) but i haven't mentioned Sooyoung yet.
There will be SooSun moments but they're so minor that it doesnt really count.
Tae still has her cold exterior, YulSic still trolling, Jessica still sarcastic.

Not much has changed except for the bond between each member.
Taeyeon has also accepted the leader of the legion role so that will play an important role in this fic :)

 

I am really excited to write this *w*
I loved writing season 1 but it kinda got long due to the whole miyoung thingy.
I'll try to make things faster here but -shrug- it just drags on without my knowledge.

 

There will be love triangles, rivalry, revenge, haunting pasts and family feuds >D

Please look forward to it ^^

 

 

 

OH AND!
To those who subbed to this but not season 1.... i really really REALLY do hope you have at least read season 1.

As you can see without season 1 you would be completely lost o-O

Here's the linky to read ^^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/100095/falling-for-you-again-romance-snsd-soosun-taeny-yoonhyun-yulsic

 

 

 

Bubbles out~ :)

--