Colleges & School Plays

Accidentally In Love

The days were mostly spent on studying and fixing their applications for college. The girls would like to be in the same college, but they know they can’t. Their desired courses and school are different.

 

“Julliard,” Jessica sighed. She has always dreamed of being in that school ever since she was little. She always told her parents she would. Her mom would cheer for her while her dad never said anything.

 

“We’ll pass, right, Jessica?” Taeyeon said and Jessica nodded. She would show everyone that she is the best and that she can get into the best performing arts university in the country.

 

They were all talking about colleges when their teacher arrived.

 

“I know that you’re all nervous as each day pass and SATs are getting closer. I’m not putting you into pressure, but if you really want to be in a good university, you have to work hard. As for those who would like to be in an arts university, although the passing score are lower compared to others, your talents will be the one that will be able to save you. Is there anyone who would like to be in an arts university?”

 

With that Jessica, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Yoona and  Yuri raised their hands.

 

“And what courses are you going to take up?” The teacher asked.

 

“Taeyeon and I are going to be in the voice department,” Jessica proudly said.

 

“I’ll be taking up dance,” Hyoyeon said.

 

“As for us, it will be theater arts,” Sooyoung said, representing her and Yuri.

 

“Well, it isn’t easy. Unlike in a normal university that you will have to study, to get into an arts university, you have to practice with all your heart.”

 

Jessica found listening to the teacher boring. She would always repeat it very often of the hard things getting into college, Arts University and scholarships. She felt sleepy as always and decided to sleep.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Yesung was studying for a test when Donghae suddenly sat beside him.

 

“Hey~! What are you studying for?” Donghae asked.

 

“I’m studying biology for the test today,” he explained.

 

“There’s a test?!” Donghae yelled frantically and Yesung just rolled his eyes. Typical Donghae would forget exams.

 

“Help me!” He said and sat beside Yesung. He tried his best to remember their lessons in a span of a few minutes. Donghae thinks studying with Yesung will also bring him good luck since his friend of his usually gets a high score in Science tests.

 

“Good morning, class,” their teacher entered and Donghae frantically tried to ‘shower’ Yesung’s good luck in tests and sat back to his seat.

 

“The test for today is Biology. I would also like to remind you regarding college applications, for those applying at specialized schools like art schools or scholarships.” It was then that Yesung’s attention cut off. He has his eyes on a certain university already. He’ll be trying out for Korea National University of Arts. Only a few knows about his talent for singing, his friends and his private teacher.

 

“Alright, take your things away. The test will begin,” the teacher said and the rest of the students just groaned.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Jessica wanted to practice her singing. She entered the auditorium of their school and heard a voice. It was soothing and he hasn’t heard of it before.

 

“Excuse me?” A voice spoke and Jessica turned her head. “Oh, Sunbae!” The girl bowed to her.

 

“Oh… Hello…” Jessica greeted the girl she does not remember the name, though she does recognize her as one of those who participates in small contests and performances she’s been. She has never heard the voice of the girl, but she probably thinks it’s just good enough if she was able to partake in those small events and roles.

 

“Sunbae, what are you doing here?” The girl asked.

 

“I was going to practice my voice for my college applications,” she said.

 

“Wow, sunbae. I wish that I could be as talented like you. I would also like to enter a good arts university in the future too, just like you,” she said.

 

“Well, you couldn’t be just like me,” Jessica said, making the girl frown.  “Because you’re you. Don’t hope into getting into a good arts university because you’re someone, but because you’re you. You’re probably not as talented as me, but you probably are,” she said. Even though she still sounds full of herself, she still managed to put a smile on the face of her face.

 

“Sunbae, komawo. I know I can never be like you, but I can shine on my own. One day, if you get famous, don’t forget your number one, okay? And if I get recognized one day, I would of course give recognition to you,” she said. “Oh! Sunbae, I have to go now. I’m meeting my friends! Goodbye!” She said and went away.

 

Jessica watched the girl. She actually feels bad that she doesn’t even know the name of the girl, who seems to be is her number one fan.

 

“Of course I’ll have a fan. I’m talented and pretty. What else?” Jessica told herself smiling. Remembering her purpose of coming to the auditorium, she went to where she first heard the singing voice earlier and found that there was no one. The person probably left already. She sat down at the piano and did vocalization before actually singing.

 

 

_*_

 

 

“Hyung, can you help me in my homework?” Joonmyun said and showed his hyung his homework. Yesung checked it and saw that Joonmyun got it all right.

 

“You got it all right anyway,” Yesung said.

 

“Hyung, what if I run for student body president next year?” His brother asked.

 

“Is your position as vice president not enough for you?” He teased.

 

“I just think I could do a good job in succeeding Leeteuk hyung,” he said.

 

“You’re going to take advice from that old man,” Yesung teased and Joonmyun just laughed.

 

“You know, you should just look for a girlfriend,” Yesung added.

 

“Says the one who has a girlfriend as a turtle,” Joonmyun said.

 

“First of all, my turtles are males. Second, I don’t need one. As if someone would also really like me.”

 

“Hyung, what about Jessica sunbae? I heard you two are close?” Joonmyun teased.

 

“YAH!” Yesung hit Joonmyun’s head. “I hate her. She’s the last person I ever wanted to date in this world anyway.”

 

“Listen to what I’m going to say, Joonmyun. No matter what will happen. There is no way in this world— No way in hell, heaven or any parallel universe will I fall in love with Jessica Jung, you hear me?”

 

“Ne hyung. And if ever that will happen?” Joonmyun chuckled.

 

“Which I’m certain won’t ever happen, I will treat you, your friends and my friends out,” Yesung promised.

 

“Hyung, you do realize that we have a big set of friends and that would probably cost a month of your allowance for one night of dinner for those animals?”

 

“I do. But I am sure that it won’t ever happen, so I’m not worried,” Yesung smiled.

 

_*_

 

 

“10,000 won I say that Krystal will say yes to Jongin by the end of the week,” Chanyeol takes out the said amount from his pocket.

 

“15,000 if not,” Yixing said.

 

“20,000 if Krystal says no because of her sister,” Jongdae says. Everyone continues to put money out, betting about Jongin and him asking Krystal out.

 

“Why are you all doing this?” He asks.

 

“Because it’s fun to see whether you’ll fail miserably or not,” Kris said.

 

“Sadists,” Jongin muttered.

 

“Instead of saying that, why don’t you get ready for Krystal? She’s there with her friends,” Sehun pointed to a laughing Krystal.

 

Jongin breathed, trying to ease himself as he readies to ask Krystal out on a date. “Friday, 7 p.m. at the Nation High buffet,” Jongin remembers.

 

He closes his eyes and runs his hand through his hair. He’s usually a cool guy, but when it comes to Krystal, he becomes this dork he doesn’t know. He comes closer to her. Each step he takes, his heartbeat goes rapidly.

 

Krystal was having fun with her friends when her cellphone rang.

 

“Oh? Eonni!” Krystal says. With that, Jongin stops walking. “Dinner this Friday at Nation High Buffet? You made reservations already?! Awesome! Then out-of-town trip on Saturday? That sounds good! Why do you have to say it now? Oh, you’re going to be late today. I see. Good luck, eonni. I’ll just tell the driver to pick me up later. Bye~” Krystal said and hung up.

 

She turned and saw Jongin. She blushed and greeted him.

 

“Hi, Jongin,” Krystal waved before being pulled away by Amber.

 

Jongin comes back with a detested face.

 

“What happened?” Baekhyun asked. They were all huddled up, not really caring whether Jongin snags Krystal a date, but because they just betted their lunch moneys on Jongin’s love life.

 

“I haven’t even asked but I was already rejected because her sister called, saying that they’re going to eat on Friday at the restaurant I planned to take her out to. Her sister made reservations,” he sighed. Some of his friends were happy, but some were not. An exchange of money happened as Jongin miserably sighs. “I had a backup plan of inviting her to dinner on Saturday though, but as she was talking with her sister on the phone about going to an out-of-town trip the following day.”

 

“SWEET! Pay me up because it’s because of her sister that she said no!” Jongdae says.

 

“Hey! But Jongin didn’t even ask! That doesn’t mean we fully get to pay you!” Chanyeol retorts and they all got mix feelings.

 

“It’s okay, Jongin. If it makes you feel better, I didn’t bet,” Luhan said.

 

“It’s not about the bet. It’s about how a coward I am,” he says and watches as Krystal wipes . How he finally asks her successfully on a date because it’s always a fail.

 

 

_*_

 

 

It was rehearsals for the theater club and Jessica just hung up her phone. She decided to take her sister to a nice dinner out. She actually managed to invite their dad. She wanted to surprise Krystal in seeing their dad and take them to an out-of-town trip this weekend.

 

“Alright, please gather everyone,” their moderator huddled all the students. “I would like to let everyone know about this year’s play will be a rendition of Mamma Mia. Auditions for roles will be posted. Everyone is welcome to audition, even those not members of the club. We’ll be mostly taking charge of the production, but we’ll be asking help from the others like the fine arts club for backdrop designs and aesthetics.”

 

“For now, I let you practice on your own. The scripts will be given for the roles to be auditioned on the last day of registration. It will open tomorrow and close in a week. Preparation for the play is two months. The target date for the play is the first week of Fall as the SATs will be on the second week of Winter. For those aiming for Arts University, this will also be good on your application. Anyway, with that said, rehearsals adjourned,” the teacher said and left.

 

“Yoona, let’s audition together. You’ll be my daughter and I’ll be your mother,” Jessica said.

 

“Are you okay of being dressed up like an older woman?” Yoona teased.

 

“It’s not about the image. It’s about getting into character,” Jessica said and practiced her pose as a mother. Yoona chuckled. Feeling the need to go out of the bathroom, she excused herself and went to the restroom.

 

Upon going out, she saw Kibum, member of the club, but he seems to have skipped rehearsal. They never talk to each other. But Yoona wanted to because she knows that her best friend likes this guy.

 

“Kibum-sshi, you’ve skipped rehearsal?” Yoona asked.

 

“No. I’m late because I had to finish something for my History class. Has rehearsals ended?” He asked.

 

“No, but it has ended.”

 

“Oh. What happened?” He asked.

“Ms. Goo announced about this year’s play, mamma mia. Registration will begin tomorrow up to next week. The play will be in Fall. Non-club members are also welcome to auditions,” she smiled. Looking away from Kibum, she saw Yuri.

 

“Yuri!” She waved her hand and signaled for Yuri to come. Yuri followed and happily skipped towards Yoona and the guy she was with. When the guy turned his head, Yuri stopped and fixed herself. She walked towards the two and calmly greeted them. Yuri stood beside Yoona and greeted Kibum.

 

“Hi Kibum-sshi,” Yuri greeted.

 

“I’m sorry. But do I know you?” Kibum said.

 

“Uhm… I’m Kwon Yuri,” she introduced, placing out her hand.

 

“Kim Kibum,” he said, not returning the offered hand of Yuri. “I’ll just go ahead if there aren’t any rehearsals anymore. I’m going to crash Kyuhyun’s place for a gaming night,” he said and Yoona widened her eyes. Kibum looked at his watch and walked away.

 

“Yoona, do you want to go now?” Jessica poked her head out of the doors. “Oh! Yuri, do you want to go home already?” Jessica asked. “Sadly, I can’t. Still have practice. You two go ahead. I don’t know about Sunny and Seohyun of they’re done too, but probably not yet,” Yuri explained and bid goodbye.  Yoona and Jessica went to pick up Krystal first before going home.

 

Jessica is preparing herself for the audition already. It would be great on her application for Julliards if she can get accepted at it. She always wishes to be the best and nothing’s better than the best.

 


 

un-beta.

 

Hai guys! long time no update! Sorry about that. My birthday and debut passed plus my mom was here in the country then by the time I had a free time, I hdid "I Still Love You" as a contest entry and it took me about 4 days to finish it. :p Then school came and even though my schedule looks so free at days, I have house chores, school work and gym time. In short, so many things to do and I end up just using my itouch because I'm too tired to use the computer. Sorry. T^T

 

Hope you forgive me~ If you want to know how I am or chit-chat with me, you can follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/kiwibubblecat :>