There They Are.

Pouring Midnight

There I stood in the pouring rain staring at the burning apartment building, at midnight. I knew it was too late to save anyone inside, yet I still screamed out their names furiously.

BEAST! YOSEOB! JUNHYUNG! HELP SOMEONE!”

I dug in my wet bag for my phone, slightly delusional. I dialed 911 and requested a fire truck.

Are you crazy? It’s raining!” The lady who picked up muttered.

I KNOW IT’S ING RAINIG! Are you ing kidding me? Send a god dammed fire truck and an ambulance or too or else people are going to have to drag out one more body!” I screamed into the wet phone. It started to buzz a bit and shut its self off.

! SOMEONE HELP ME! SOMEONE HELP THEM!

I screamed to no one in particular. There was not a single person walking down the street. I heard cracking and coughing.

HELLO!” I screamed at the coughing. A head appeared and I noticed who it was.

I ran up to the orange haired boy who had come out of the rummage. He was coughing like none other.

Oh my gosh Yoseob, we need to get you to a hospital now.” I said. He looked into my eyes. He knew who I was. I was his girlfriend. Had been for 2 years.

Elaina help them.” He said and motioned towards the building. I was already bawling and soaked. I covered my mouth with my t-shirt and ran into the burning building, searching for anyone who was still alive.

I tripped on something squish and looked down to see a lifeless, dead Junhyung on the staircase.

!” I screamed and started to give him C.P.R. It was not working so I covered him with my wet jacket and went back to searching. I was upstairs now and in Beast’s dorm. I ran over to the couch and found 2 coughing boys under a blanket crying.

BOYS!”  I screamed at them. It was Hyunseung and Gikwang.

I tore the blanket away from them and realized the scene. It wasn’t 2 boys coughing and crying, but one coughing and crying, holding his dead friend. I wrapped Hyunseung’s are around my neck and helped him limp walk out to the street next to Yoseob.

I ran back into the dangerously burning building to find the other 2 boys. I went straight to the boy’s bedroom and found the first on on the floor.

DONG WOON!”  I screamed at him and he looked up to me and a tear slid down his face. He was on fire and I could not help him. I could only cry and look at him. I looked away and whipped away my tears and ran to the bathroom. I found Doo Joon in the tub with the water running on his limp body. I never thought of myself as strong, but I had to be now. I lifted up his heavy body and flung it over my shoulder. I went out of the building as fast as I could, flinging his body onto the ground when I reached the outside.

I crawled over to Yoseob and shook him.

I love you” he whispered to me.

NO! DON’T YOU DARE ING DIE ON ME! YOSEOB DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! I LOVE YOU” I screamed at him. He was gone. I could not help him in any way. I crawled over to Hyunseung his eyes were open and he was very aware.

Elaina? Where’s Gikwang? Is he dead?” He questioned.

I nodded and cried some more. Hyunseung closed his eyes and screamed.

ELAINA!” I heard and crawled over to Doo Joon.

I will not let you ing die on me.” I yelled at him. He nodded and smiled.

I won’t leave you” He said and I laughed a bit. It was a sick and twisted laugh but it was... well it was a laugh that was needed at that point.

Don’t move” I said and stood up and ran towards a random building nearby and used someone’s phone to call 911. I went back outside and straight to where I had left the 3 boys, crawling straight to my dead boyfriend. I started to give him C.P.R and amazingly it worked. E.M.S arrived and took the 3 boys and I to a hospital.

~10 YEARS LATER~

Elaina?” Doo Joon questioned me, “You ready to go visit them.”

I nodded and crawled into his car, the tears were already falling down my face. We arrived at a nearby graveyard and got out. A car was waiting for us.

Hey guys.” I said to the 2 boys who had been waiting for us.

Hey mom.” My 10 year old son said. He had been staying with his uncle Hyunseung for the weekend and we were all meeting up to visit his dad’s grave. He hugged me and let a tear slip down his face. I was already crying, and I smiled through my tears. “Ready to go see dad?”

He nodded and I grabbed his hand and Doo Joon’s hand, He grabbed Hyunseung’s hand and we all walked into the sad graveyard. The first headstone we came along was Junhyung. We looked at the headstone; it was shaped like a music note and looked beautiful.

Hey man, how’s heaven? Good right? We miss you a lot man.” Doo Joon, Junhyung’s best friend, said and started to cry as he left a white rose on his grave.

Hey buddy, it’s me Elaina. Remember me? Well I miss you and wish I would have gotten there sooner to save you. I’m sorry I couldn’t help you and I love you.” I said and placed a blue rose on his grave.

Hello uncle Junhyung. It’s your nephew Kegian here. I don’t really know you but I know that mom loves you a lot and that I would have loved you too.” My son said and placed an orange rose on his grave.

He was crying a bit too. Every one of us was crying.

Last but not least buddy, it’s me and I miss you, life has been very hard without you guys around and I’m sorry you’re gone.” Hyunseung said and placed a purple rose on his grave.

We went on to the next person. Gikwang.

Hey man. How’s heaven? Look I don’t really know what to say to you. I could say all the mushy everyone thinks but that’s dumb and we both know it. I can’t be super manly ether because I do miss you. A lot so just, I don’t know, keep on love us even though you’re gone.”  Doo Joon said and placed a white rose on his grave.

Hey.” Was all I could manage to crack out I was crying hard as I placed a blue rose on his grave.

Hello Gikwang. I’m Kegian. I’m sorry my mom can’t really talk right now. She’s torn apart about losing you guys, she loves you though and that’s all that matters.” Kegian said and placed his orange rose on the grave.

Hey honey. It’s me, your boyfriend Hyunseung. I miss you, your kisses and hugs and everything about you, but I have to move on and I hope you understand. I will always love you, always, nut I can’t date a dead man. It’s been a while and it’s been very hard to cope with your death. But I am and I love you.” Hyunseung said and placed his rose on the grave and we all moved to the next mad we lost. Dong Woon.

Hey man. I love you.” Was all Doo Joon managed to mumble out before he started to bawl. He placed his rose and I started to talk.

Well I can’t think now. I miss you. I love you and I’m sorry I didn’t save you. I should have tried harder.” I placed the rose on his grave and blinked a few tears away.

Hey uncle D. I wish I could have met you. Mom says you were a great guy.” Kegian said and placed his rose on the grave.

I love you.” Hyunseung said and placed his rose. It was the last person.

Hey Yoseob. How’s it going man? I am taking care of Elaina and Kegian for you. Kegian is a great little guy, you would have loved him and you would have been proud too. He has your voice and can sing just as good as you. I love you man and I miss you. Stay strong up there.”  Doo Joon said and placed his white rose.

Hey dude. Hows heaven treating you? We miss you man and im sure you miss us too. Were gonna keep pushing on though. I love you man.” Hyunseung said and placed his rose.

Hey dad. I don’t know what to say. I’m sad that I never got to meet you and that mom doesn’t have you, but I can’t fix that so I’m gonna help mom get through this all, no matter what. I love you dad.” Kegian said and placed his rose on the grave and started to bawl.

My turn.

Hey Yoseob. I miss you. I can’t think of what to say. I can talk about the great son we have, Kegian. He is an amazing singer, and wants to be like you when he grows old enough to. It that he doesn’t have a dad to bond with, but Hyunseung and Doo Joon are helping with that. I love you, you amazing man, and I miss you. I can’t move on either. Please don’t forget me.” I whispered and set the rose down on his grave. After a few more moments of mourning we linked hands.

We left that day, all changed in one way or another.