Don't Dream Before Showtime!

I'm Asian! At Least... In My Heart I Am!

                The room was hot, only the sound of moans could be heard.

                “Oh, Byunghun!” Roxanne moaned. He glanced up, pausing what he was doing to move some hair out of her eyes, and continued.

                Roxanne couldn’t move. Her body was frozen underneath the blonde haired beast on top of her. She’d never felt this kind of pleasure before. She’d told herself, “No, that type of thing is disgusting,” yet here she was, trembling on the bed.

                “Oh my god,” she panted, “what are you doing?”

                “Does it hurt?” Joey looked up.

                “Hell no! Keep going!” She barely managed to mumble back. Joey continued. Up her body, down her body, she trembled from pleasure the entire time. Who would have thought human contact could feel so nice?

                Things were getting even more heated when a voice called out her name.

                ‘…That’s not his voice,’ She thought

                “Roxanne!” The voice called again.

                ‘Maybe if I ignore it—“

                “Damnit, Roxanne! Back to reality!”

 

                Roxanne’s eyes fluttered open, only to be greeted by the face of her bandmate Jasper.

                “Yo! Wake up! We have to go on stage now!” The orange haired boy demanded. Still groggy, she half heartedly took in his appearance. His bright orange hair was done in his trademark side ponytail. His tanned face had been glammed up by their make-up artist, Heejin. His normally dark brown eyes had been changed to bright green with the help of contact lenses. His clothes were tight fitted, especially his pants. Roxanne took note that the stylists were erts.

                Roxanne crawled off the couch in the waiting area, grabbed her black acoustic guitar, and followed Jasper to just behind the stage. On stage was the six members of Boyfriend, singing their hearts out to their latest single. Roxanne shuffled over to the rest of Festina Lente, her band. Everyone was dolled up: Make-up, hair, tight clothing. Member Minkyung and herself both bore their midriffs, showing off toned muscle. All members were decked out in dark clothing, each holding their instruments, with the exception of drummer Kangho.

                “You guys ready?” Jasper asked the members just as Boyfriend was leaving the stage and the stagehands were getting their amps and the drumset ready.

                “I suppose…” Minkyung replied, looking awfully nervous.

                “Minkyung, why are you always so nervous?” Jasper asked, a curious grin of disbelief crawled across his face.

                “I don’t know… I just never know if I’ll be good enough,” she replied, making sure her eyes avoided his.

                “You always do great!” Kangho said matter-of-factly, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

                “I… suppose….”

                By this point Roxanne had woken up a little more and looked around for a mirror. Jasper had woke her up a little fast and she really wanted to make sure her hair and makeup were fine.

                “Anyone know where a mirror is?” She asked, cutting off Minkyung’s pity party.

                “Ask 4minute,” Jasper replied. Roxanne snorted at this and turned to the other members.

                “Festina Lente, you guys are up!” A stagehand popped up and told them.

                Roxanne was freaking out a little, “Minkyung-unni, does my hair and makeup look okay?”

                “Yeah, you look fine,” she replied, all traces of her pity party gone.

                “Kay guys! You ready?” He put an arm into the center of the circle of people and thus the traditional cheer went-

                1

                2

                3

                Hwaiting!

                And off they went to the stage.

 

 

                The members of Festina Lente came off the stage cheering, instruments in hand. Even Jangmoon, who was normally quiet and moody, was cheering, smilling, laughing and even making jokes. The grinning group of five continued past the next group to perform and heading into the waiting area.

                “Unni!” Roxanne chirped, “You did amazing as usual!”

                “You think so?” Minkyung’s shy, modest smile was something Roxanne found adorable.

                “I know so!”

                Roxanne glanced off to her right and saw her dear friend Niel sitting all by himself in one of the huge, not so comfy couches and proceeded to bounce over to him, ditching her cheering band.

                “Hiya, Niel!” Her bright smile was nearly blinding. Niel glanced up at her from his phone.

                “Hi, Roxy! I watched you guys perform today, you were amazing!” His eyes shone. His make-up artist must have realized what kind effect those lips have on most girls, as they seemed extra glossy today.

                “Naturally,” she replied and flopped down next to him. “So, whatcha doin’?”

                He glanced down at his phone, quickly backing out of a text message and blushed, “N-nothing.”

                Roxanne, being the intuitive person she is, immediately narrowed her blue eyes and leaned closer towards him, “Oh reeeeaaaally?”

                Niel’s blush intensified, “Yes really!”      

                Roxanne backed off a bit, eyes still narrow and judging, “If you say so…” Niel looked up when he felt her eyes hadn’t left him. He knew what she was doing. She was trying to read him. He knew he couldn’t lie when she was around so he immediately broke down.

                “There’s someone I like…” He mumbled.

                Roxanne giggled. The judgement eyes always work, “Who?”

                “Just… y’know… someone,” this was probably the reddest she’d ever seen him get. He must really like this person! She thought.

                They sat there in a slightly awkward silence and she stared at him, and he stared back, eye contact only broken when they blinked. And they stayed like that until a member from his group, Teen Top, showed up.

                “Hey Niel,” he called, making Roxanne’s heart race, “Who’s your girlfriend?”

                She glanced up at the voice, already knowing who it was. She was greeted by the glorious face of Lee Byunghun, or L.Joe as his stage name was, staring down at them on the couch. She took a moment to soak in his beautiful face. His eyes were soft and thoughtful. His light brown hair shone, even in the gross artificial lighting of the waiting area. She took in his sharp, and amazing, jawline and collarbones. He was just barely taller than her and she thought he was the hottest person on the planet.

                “Ew. She’s not my girlfriend!” Niel defended quickly, “She’s a girl who’s a friend

                “Hmm…” the older boy mumbled. By now Roxanne’s brain had finally caught up with her and she realized she was staring at the beautiful boy.

                “Uhh… Um, I’ll be going now!” She stuttered, the words barely managing to find their way out of , “T-Talk to you later, Niel!”

                Without looking back, and praying to god her face wasn’t as red as she felt it was, she hurried over to Minkyung, instinctively clinging to the older girl’s arm. When Minkyung looked down at her to see her face, and followed the trail in which she’d come from, she understood.

                “Just ask him out already!”

                Roxanne felt her face flash even redder, “D-Don’t say that so loud!”