Whaat Hyung?!

Finding Meaning ~ a JaySica short story~HIATUS

 

 

          “This is messed up.” Jay thought as he passed through the walls of the apartment complex building into 2PM’s dorm.  He still thought it wasn’t good to intrude, even in ghost form.

 

The 2PM members didn’t seem to be home at the time, so Jay walked around for a little bit, seeing what changed and hadn’t changed.

 

He saw WooYoung’s pet chick was still healthy and chirping and hopping around happily in it’s cage, and that the members had gotten some Beta fighting fish that they kept in the living room.

 

As he wandered around the dorm once and walked back into the living room, he heard the front door starting to open and he wondered where to hide.

 

“Oh wait. They can’t see me.” He remembered, and just stood where he was behind the living room couch.

 

All the members walked into the dorm, talking in raised voices with a mix of concern and apprehension.

Nichkhun was the first to walk in, followed by a clumped of group of WooYoung Junsu and Junho, and Chansung and Taecyeon at the very back.

 

Jay noticed he looked really upset, and that the look on his face looked really familiar. That’s when it hit him. He had that look on his face during the controversy he faced.

This worried him, and he knew something was up. He moved out of the way and stood beside the kitchen counter, while the members talked.

Nichkhun was heading towards the room he shared with WooYoung, while the members continued to follow him.

“Come on hyung. It’s not that bad.” Junho pointed out, while the other members nodded. Nichkhun sighed.

 

“You guys don’t understand. I made a really stupid mistake. This is even worse than what happened to Jay hyung. I need to take some time off. Plus I know now how he must’ve felt. He didn’t deserve to get the backlash he got. Not compared to what I did now.” Nichkhun replied vehemently.

The other members gaped at this. They hadn’t spoken about Jay’s withdrawal since it happened three years ago.

Jay was surprised as well, and wondered what had happened with Nichkhun.

 

“Woah woah wait. Hold up. Hyung. What happened with Jay was bad and unfair, but you gotta stop beating yourself up about it.” Taecyeon replied.

 

Nichkhun shook his head. “Jay hyung said a few things when he was a trainee, and gets hate mail and death threats from people. I could’ve killed that motorcyclist for my drunken driving, and I’m still here. What kind of bull is that?!” He retorted back.

 

The other members said nothing more and Nichkhun walked to the room, closing the door behind him.

“Man. He’s really upset.” Wooyoung said. The other members nodded.

“Maybe we should give hyung some time to himself.” Chansung suggested. The others nodded and sat down in the living room, and tried to watch something on tv. But worried for their fellow member.

 

Jay felt bad for Nichkhun and wondered what he could do. He found a note pad by the phone and a pen and started writing, ducking out of sight. Then he paused.

"Wait no one can see me." He remembered, and shook his head at tryingto hide. 

After writing what he had to say, he slipped it under Nichkhun’s door.

Nichkhun was lying down in his bed, and heard a noise, and saw the paper slip under the door.

He walked over and picked it up, a slight chill going up his spine, but he shook the thought away.

 

-

 

Khun,

I know how you feel right now and the other members are right. Don’t be too hard on yourself. We make mistakes to learn from them. I know I did. Keep your head up bro. I’ll be lookin’ out for you.

                                                                                                                                                   -Jay

-

But then again, why would the members play a prank during this dark time for him? But how could Jay get that note to him. He opened the door and saw no one.

“J-Jay?” He called out hesitantly. The other members heard and jerked their heads in surprise.

 

“Uh hyung why would Jay be here?” Junho asked. Nichkhun shook his head and closed the door.

 

 

Jay had to do something.

He picked up a hat from Nichkhun’s nightstand, and waved it around. Nichkhun’s eyes widened.

 

“Hyung?! Are you dead?” Nichkhun asked in disbelief.

 

 

 -------------------------------------------------

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.