Part 1

The Devil Wears Gucci

Kevin took a breath; a deep, shoulder raising breath and inhaled a lung full of the nice polluted air of New York City, the air that reeked of opportunity and something faintly rotten. Nothing could stop him now. Not even when he had his wallet stolen by a homeless man. Not even when he stepped in , too large to be of the dog species. Not even when he accidently spelt his iced coffee onto a suspicous looking man with a rhinestone incrusted panda brooch on the lapel of his black blazer.

"OMG! I'm sorry." Kevin exclaimed, trying to wipe off the stain but the man slapped his hand away.

"You." the man said, squinting at him. He had wide, upturned eyes like a cat's. "do you model?"

"um, You see, I just moved here from Canada and i was-" Kris started, scrambling to open his photobook.

"Wait, wait." the man said, "Do i look like i care?"

"no."

"Are you a ? that was a rhetorical question. Do you model or not?"

Kevin nodded. and the man smiled, but it wasn't friendly, It was a creepy grin filled with dark intention,  kinda like the Devil.

"Follow me."

 

A go-see is what the man, who is named Tao, drags Kevin to. Kevin had a moment when he saw the Gucci sign displayed proudly on the modern looking high rise building. Sure, he didn’t know what Gucci was but that was one mean font, and the color was fantastic; a bright gold that looked like it was carved by Apollo himself.

“OMG! It’s not sans script or Arial. What would you call that?” Kris asked.

Tao followed Kevin’s gaze and smiled that creepy smile. “It’s an original; I call it ‘Wushu Bold’

 It was all fancy inside and the employees were dressed in black. “You’re late.” A cute guy with huge eyes said from behind the receptionist desk.

“Oh please,” Tao snorted, “A queen is never late,” he suddenly took on a British accent,
 “everyone else is simple early. Kyungsoo, didn’t you learn that from Princess Diaries?”

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo replied, rubbing his temples, “I didn’t”

Kevin felt bad for Kyungsoo, he seemed like he didn’t like his job.

Kevin followed Tao into a large spacious room where at least twenty other guys, just as tall, but not as good looking of course were lined up.

He walked over and plucked Kevin’s photobook out of his hands as well as everyone else’s and sat behind the a long wooden table set in front of them; right in between a feminine blond boy with deer antlers poking out of his head and a guy in a full on unicorn suit, sipping out of a Starbucks cup. 

 “Is it Halloween or something?” snickered the guy standing next to Kevin. The guy was a little shorter than he was with dark everything; eyes, hair, and skin.

“More like a petting zoo.” Kyungsoo said as he walked past them and handed Tao a clipboard with a bunch of sticky notes attached to it. Kevin watched dark haired guy’s jaw slacken a little bit at the sight of Kyungsoo; it seems he was a little love struck.

“Ah, Kyungsoo.” Tao said, “Why don’t you stay.”

“But-“

Tao shook his head and clicked his tongue, “Kyungsoo, baby. What did I tell you about back-talking?”

He sighed in defeat and sat in the unoccupied chair at the end of the table.

“Thanks for coming everyone.” Tao began.  “Glad to see you’re angencies took intrest.  But unfortunately not all of you will have the opportunity to walk. You’ll need to show me why you deserve to be in it. So we’re going to have a little talent show. We’ll start with you.” Tao said, pointing to the dark haired guy. “What’s your name?”

“Jongin.” The guy said, winking at Kyungsoo. The receptionist stiffened in his seat and his eyes achieved a circumference that Kevin thought wasn’t possible for humans.

“And what will you do for your talent?”

“I’ll dance.”

Tao nodded to the deer boy to push play on the stereo resting on the table. Obscene R&B music filled the room. Jongin began his impromptu routine with a of his lips and a pelvis . Kevin was amazed at the wide range of expressions Jongin’s face could make. Somehow the male stripper found his way to Kyungsoo and started grinding on the back of the chair.

“Yes,” Tao said, egging Kai on despite Kyungsoo’s terrified expression. The song ended with unfortunate Kyungsoo under the table inching away from Jongin’s reach.

“Yes.” Tao said, clapping. “His flair for theatrics is what this fashion show needs! Jongin just set the bar for all of you.”

Jongin returned to his spot in line with a satisfied grin on his face.  

“You.” Tao said, pointed to Kevin, “you’re next.”

Kevin didn’t come prepared with any talent unfortunately. But he decided to go with something that showed what he was all about: rapping Canada’s national anthem.

Kevin thought he did well, maybe he excessively used ‘yo ’and a bit too many ‘uh huhs’ but decent overall, and by the way everyone in the room was on the floor clutching their stomachs from laughter, they must have enjoyed it too.

“You.” Tao said, trying to catching his breath, “what’s your name?”

“Kevin.”

“You’re funny Kevin, I’m sure you were a comedian in your past life.”

“But,” Kevin began, frowning, “I wasn’t trying to be funny and I don’t really believe in reincarnation.”

“Kevin.” Tao said, face-palming.

“Yes?”

“Don’t talk.”

“Okay.”

 

 

A/N: dont really have anything to say execept im having a lot of fun writing this so far. should upload another part tonight, and this will have 4 parts all together. Thanks for reading.