The Answer

Between Two Hearts

Leeteuk’s free hand shot up to Heechul’s nape, preventing him from moving farther. Then he leaned forward and closed his eyes as their lips finally met. He felt Heechul tensed for about three seconds before responding to the kiss, slowly parting his lips and nibbling on elder’s upper lip. Heechul’s free hand moved to Leeteuk’s waist, pulling him closer while he let his tongue out asking for entrance. Right at that moment, they heard the front door opened and promptly broke their kiss. They saw Siwon stood frozen on his spot near the door. He blinked once, taking in the compromising position his hyungs were displaying.

 

“Oh… sorry for interrupting. I’ll just go to my room and you can continue whatever you’re doing.” The youngest’s voice broke at the end and he made a bee line to his room without giving the two men on the couch a second glance.

 

“Damn!” Leeteuk pulled his hand from Heechul’s shoulder to run it through his hair.

 

“What? Do you—“

 

“Siwon’s having a problem, Chullie. I found him completely drunk last night and he told me that he’s in love and was going to propose but it’s too late for him. I couldn’t ask further when we woke up this morning because Donghae was here and—“

 

“I’ll talk to him.” Heechul cut him off and took a deep breath; he squeezed Leeteuk's hand and pulled him into a hug.

 

“You know about it?” he asked from the younger’s neck.

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Do you know who is he in love with? Why do I never hear anything about it?”

 

Heechul released the hug and grinned at the older.

 

“Can you make us some dinner?”

 

“What?! Heechul, we’re talking about Siwonnie. He’s—“

 

“Yes Teukie, I know. And I said I’d talk to him, didn’t I?” Heechul kept smiling to the elder, showing his dimple and round eyes adorably.

 

“We can use delivery service.” Leeteuk suggested.

 

“No, Teukie. You go cook us some ramyeon then later we’ll talk about it. The three of us.”

 

Leeteuk pouted but obliged anyway. As soon as Leeteuk left, Heechul dropped his smile and turned completely serious. Then he walked up to Siwon’s room and knocked on the door. A faint ‘come in’ was heard; after drawing a deep breath, Heechul opened the door and stepped inside the room. Siwon looked up from his spot on the bed and raised an eyebrow.

 

“Hey hyung.”

 

“I heard about last night.” Heechul stated calmly as he put the only chair in that room next to bed and sat himself there. “I’m sorry, Siwon-ah. I know you love him, but so do I.”

 

“Has he answered your proposal?” Siwon asked quietly.

 

“Not yet. Are you gonna confess to him?” the older unconsciously curled his hands into fists on his lap. To his surprise, Siwon chuckled darkly before answering.

 

“Eunhyuk told me that Teukie hyung thought I was straight.”

 

“So?”

 

“Let’s just leave it at that for now. And don’t be sorry, hyung. Maybe I’d have done the same if I had been in your shoes.”

 

“Then you’ll support us if he says yes to my proposal?”

 

“Just don’t make him cry, hyung. If you ever do, I’ll take him away from you.”

 

The two men were locking eyes, one pair shone with determination while the other beamed with confidence.

 

“You have my words.”

 

“Guys, dinner is ready.” Leeteuk appeared in the doorway with a bright smile and the tense atmosphere quickly dissolved into thin air.

 

They sat around the kitchen table silently. Leeteuk took a seat next to Heechul across from Siwon. The youngest flashed him a smile seeing how the oldest kept eyeing him with concern.

 

“I’m alright, hyung. Stop looking at me like that.”

 

“Well, you’re clearly unwell last night. Why don’t you tell me that you’re dating someone and was about to propose? I mean, even Heechul knows it! Why am I the only one left in the dark about your love life?” the oldest half-asked and half-whined, all the while pouting making something inside Siwon yearned to claim those pouty lips.

 

“Should I feel offended or what?” Heechul asked playfully, earning himself a glare and a swift kick under the table. At that moment Siwon realized he’d lost his chance.

 

“I’m not dating. I just fall in love with this person and want to be together.”

 

“Then,” Leeteuk said as Siwon was hesitant to continue. “What happened to her?” both younger men flinched a little but Leeteuk didn’t seem to notice. A complete silence fell around them and Leeteuk was about to speak again but Siwon beat him to it.

 

“She went abroad before I could tell her my feelings. Let’s just stop talking about it and soon I’ll be fine, hyung.” Siwon smiled gently showing his deep dimples while inside, his heart was bleeding.

 

***

 

“So hyung, you’re going to give the answer today?” Eunhyuk asked from his seat across the table at one of the corners in Sungmin’s café where Heechul’s fan signing event was being held.

 

Leeteuk glanced to the small stage where Heechul was sitting and smiling towards the last few persons in front of him. He felt warmth spreading in his chest then nodded with a smile as he turned his attention back to Eunhyuk.

 

“I went home last weekend, telling my family that I’m getting married.”

 

“What did they say?” Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow. He knew that Leeteuk’s family had been aware of their only son’s ual preference since some years ago. However, seeing how his older friend still tried dating a girl since his senior year in high school until he graduated from college, maybe the family would hope that in the end their son was going to marry a girl.

 

“They don’t mind. My sister will come here the day after tomorrow to meet Heechul. If she finds no problem with him, then my parents will definitely like him.” The golden-haired man took a sip of his strawberry juice and started eating his pasta.

 

Then they finished their meals in a comfortable silence. Donghae came just when they were ordering desserts and soon Heechul joined their table with Sungmin trailed behind him.

 

“Where’s Siwon?” asked Heechul to Leeteuk as Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Donghae were engaged in some kind of introductional conversation.

 

“He couldn’t come, his father called him to go home immediately when we were on our way here.” The older man quickly took a spoonful of his brownie mosaic cheese cake as soon as a cute waiter put it on the table. “You want some?”

 

“Feed me.” Heechul scooted closer and opened his mouthed childishly. Leeteuk was going to take the unused small fork on the table with his other hand but the younger quickly grabbed his hand. “Just use your spoon.”

 

“But it’s—“

 

“What? It’s not like we never use the same spoon before.” He finally snatched the spoon and fed himself the cake.

 

“Heechul-ah, can we talk?” Leeteuk asked hesitantly.

 

“Aren’t we doing it now?” Heechul raised his brows casually to which the older sighed and mentally facepalmed.

 

“Well, I mean—“

 

“Hyung, I’ll take them to look around the café, ok.” Sungmin announced from across the table, successfully gaining the two eldests’ attention.

 

“Huh?” they sounded simultaneously. Their three dongsaengs just grinned and quickly got up leaving them.

 

“Why are they leaving us? And I thought it’s their first time meeting Sungmin but they actually—“

 

“Heechul-ah,” Leeteuk poked the younger’s arm to get his attention. When the latter turned to him, he readily put something into Heechul’s hand. “There you go, my answer.”

 

Heechul visibly gulped before he looked down and opened the purple box; the necklace greeted his sight then he beamed at the older.

 

“Teukie…”

 

“I take the ring, Chullie. Let’s live happily together forever.” The golden-haired man noted with a huge grin on his face, showing the ring on his palm.

 

“Sorry Teukie,” Heechul inhaled and took hold of the ring while Leeteuk’s smile falter with his words. “I can’t promise you forever. What about a lifetime?” he put the ring on the older’s left ring finger then looked up with a gorgeous smile on his face.

 

“Well, that’s good enough.” Leeteuk nodded thoughtfully. “Ok, deal.”

 

“Thanks, Teukie…” the younger swiftly pulled his now-fiancé closer for a kiss.

 

At the other corner of the café, the three dongsaengs were watching their hyungs’ long kiss with smiles and sighs of relief. But then Eunhyuk remembered something and whispered to Donghae.

 

“Do you think they’ll be happy from now on?”

 

“I’m not sure, Hyukkie. Heechul hyung’s family… they are… difficult.” For once, the usually cheerful and happy-go-lucky man had a deep frown on his face.

 

***

 

to be continued…

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

my pc is still broken so i can't update regularly :'(

do you think i'm getting long-winded with this story? well i have a big plan with it so the now seemingly unimportant details are needed. just bear with me for a little while, ok. :)

thanks for reading and please do comment~^^