The Proposal and Another Man?

Between Two Hearts

“Oh, here you are!” a slightly panting Heechul appeared between Leeteuk and Siwon. “Sorry for coming late, Teukie.”

 

“It’s okay.” Leeteuk smiled but promptly dropped it as Heechul took his left hand and put a ring on his ring finger. “Heechullie… What is this?”

 

“A present. I love you, Teukie.” Heechul smiled sweetly showing his adorable dimple.

 

Leeteuk gawked while holding his left hand, looking at the platinum ring. Then he looked up and grinned happily to the slightly younger man.

 

“Chullie, are you—“

 

“Wait, I still have this.” Heechul quickly pulled a medium square purple velvet box out of his pocket and presented it to the older. “I swear it’s much more expensive than the ring.”

 

Frowning, Leeteuk took the box and opened it. Inside it he found a stunning fancy necklace. Dangling from the tiny platinum chain was a small oval-shaped ruby with a pair of angel wings attached to it.

 

“Heechul-ah…” Leeteuk fixed his gaze to the younger, eyes full of confusion and unspeakable questions.

 

“Here’s the deal, Leeteuk. You have to choose one of these two presents. If you take the ring, that means you agree to spend the rest of your life with me. We’ll get married. But if you choose the necklace, then we’ll stay as best friends and forget whatever I said before.”

 

“What?” the slightly shorter man stared dumbfoundedly. Heechul took a shaky breath before continuing.

 

“I’m proposing, Teukie. You don’t have to answer now, though. I know you still have to sort out your feelings. Just take your time and come to me when you’re ready. I’ll be waiting.” Heechul smiled and squeezed Leeteuk’s shoulders.

 

Leeteuk closed the box and put it inside his own pocket. As he processed Heechul’s speech, he couldn’t help but giggled; that was really a unique proposal he never thought of.

 

“Ok, I got it.” He finally said to the younger with an amused smile on his lips.

 

“And let me remind you again, Teukie. The necklace is way more valuable than the ring. I specifically designed and ordered it myself. Maybe that will affect your decision.” Heechul added smugly, but the look in his eyes was anything but smug.

 

Right at that moment, a middle-aged woman came and told Leeteuk that Mr. Jang was looking for him. Leeteuk promptly followed the woman after patting the two younger men’s shoulders and whispered a ‘see you later guys’.

 

As soon as Leeteuk was away, Heechul staggered back and leaned heavily towards Siwon who had been watching the whole scene there silently. The older put his forehead on Siwon’s shoulder and the latter automatically moved his hand up and down his mentally exhausted hyung’s arm.

 

“I’m sorry, Siwon-ah…” Heechul uttered lowly but Siwon heard it clearly. And he knew what that meant; he just didn’t know how to respond so they simply stood there in silence.

 

***

 

It was two in the morning when Leeteuk jerked on his bed and woke up suddenly. He groaned and slowly sat up, eyes focused on the door in front of him. He cleared his throat and realized how thirty he was. So he got up and walked out of the room straightly went into kitchen. He walked  pass Heechul’s room and remembered the younger said about spending the night at Donghae’s place because it’s nearer to his office.

 

The light in the kitchen was on and Leeteuk furrowed his brows as he saw Siwon leaned his head on the kitchen table. There were three empty soju bottles scattered on the table and Siwon was holding the fourth half-empty bottle.

 

“Gosh, Siwon, what happened to you?” Leeteuk knew for sure that Siwon was not a drinker. He barely drank alcohol whenever they went out together and always stayed sober alone to take the others home. And during their two years of living together, Siwon never drank more than one and a half bottles of soju at home no matter how desperate he was.

 

“Hyung…” Siwon lifted his head; Leeteuk gasped upon seeing his flushed face and teary eyes. ‘Had he been crying?’ Leeteuk asked himself as he snatched the bottle away from the younger and helped him to stand up.

 

“Come on, let’s get you to bed.” Leeteuk dragged the half conscious man towards the latter’s room and put him on a medium-sized beige bed there. After tucking him under the blanket, Leeteuk was about to get up and out of the room when he felt a hand tugged at his wrist.

 

“Don’t go…” Siwon looked up at Leeteuk pitifully.

 

“You want to talk to me?” the older sat down on the bed and wiped a stray tear on Siwon’s cheek. It pained him to see the younger in this state. “What happened, Wonnie?”

 

“I’m in love, hyung.” The tall man whined. “I love this person so much and I was going to propose. But it’s too late.” He slurred a little and blinked heavily.

 

“Let’s talk about it later, Siwon-ah.” Leeteuk cooed and tried pulling his hand from Siwon’s grip. But instead of getting back his hand, he felt a strong tug and now was half-lying beside the drunk man. The latter moved a bit to give him more space.

 

“Sleep here, hyung. I don’t wanna be alone.”

 

Leeteuk complied and made himself comfortable on the bed. Unexpectedly, Siwon snuggled closer and sniffled on his chest. He exhaled quietly and the younger’s back in comforting manner.

 

***

 

The door bell rang loudly nonstop. Whoever person at the door must be really in a hurry, have an urgent thing to deliver, or simply annoying to hell. Leeteuk groaned opening his eyes and tried to sit up as he felt a hand on his stomach. He looked to his side and saw Siwon was still sleeping soundly. Carefully, he lifted the younger’s hand and slowly got out of the bed. Then he practically ran to the front door and opened it forcefully intending to confront the intruder.

 

“Good morning, hyung!” Donghae exclaimed happily with his adorable grin and the will to strangle him just wilted away. Leeteuk glanced at the clock; it was frigging ten minutes to six in the morning!

 

“What are you doing here this early, Donghae-ah?” he asked as the bouncy man walked pass him and straight into the living room couch.

 

“We have rehearsal at ten and I ran out of groceries at my place. So I’m gonna have breakfast here and go to the studio with Siwon.”

 

Leeteuk was about to remind him that it was still too early for breakfast when he remembered something.

 

“What about Heechul? You just left him alone at your place?”

 

“Huh?” Donghae raised his brows questioningly.

 

“Didn’t he stay at your place last night?” Leeteuk started feeling uneasy.

 

“No, I didn’t hear anything about that. Ah, let me see what you guys have in the kitchen.” Donghae jumped up from the couch and went to the kitchen. They were very close, after all. Donghae and Eunhyuk often came to the house and spent weekends together.

 

Leeteuk let Donghae do whatever he wanted in the kitchen and left for his own room. He grabbed his phone and quickly dialed Heechul’s number. The line was connected after the third ring.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” that was not Heechul speaking. “Yeoboseyo?” the man said louder with a slightly croaked voice.

 

“Where’s Heechul?” Leeteuk asked hesitantly, his voice barely a whisper.

 

“He’s sleeping. Who is this?” the man asked back. Leeteuk felt sick in the pit of his stomach. There was some rustling sound at the other end then Heechul’s hoarse voice was heard.

 

“Bunny, what are you doing with my phone?”

 

And Leeteuk promptly cut the call. His heartbeat increased significantly as he brought his trembling hands to his chest and swallowed a big lump in his throat.

 

***

 

to be continued…

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

comments make me happy! :3

so leave one or more, ok you. if you don't know what to write just tell me your fave part of this chapter or anything, really. :D