Chapter One

Best mistake I ever done.

Chapter One

"Im Jungmin-sshi? You have a call on line 4." I pick up the phone.

"Hello? Yes, I received a statement saying I haven't payed my phone bill. The thing is, I payed it in full for the next 6 months. Yes, no problem, everyone makes a mistake sometimes. Goodbye." There is absolutely no reason as to why I made a mistake and didn't pay my bills. I am Im Jungmin for heaven's sake. I haven't missed a day in payment since my freshman year in high school. As I go back to work, the corner of my notebook catches my eye. It's my litle sister's wedding invitation. I sigh. How could I'd forgotten it was this weekend.

"Unni! You look so pretty!" Jungah shrieks. I smile. Obviously she's dressed way prettier than me. It's her wedding day.

"Unni, do you think I'm making the right decision?" She asks as the maids of honors go into place outside. I place my hands on her knees.

"Well, bad decision or not, you love Seo Joon don't you? I see it in both your eyes when you two look at each other. You love him and he loves you. It's going to be great Jungah." I give it a squeeze.

"Oh unni~" She brings me into a tight hug. I do the same. It's ironic how even though I'm the oldest, she's already getting a start on her journey in life. I haven't seen her this happy in a long time. The ceremony lasted for five hours straight and my feet were killing me. The announcer voiced the ballroom dance floor was open to anyone who wanted to dance. I, on the other hand, was getting friendly with my fourth glass of champagne. I observed the crowd. I knew roughly 98% of the people here. The other 2% were just friends of friends. I pouted. All the guys were occupied with either other females or with friends. How come I can't get a guy like Jungah did? I grabbed my glass.

"Care to dance?" A voice behind me asks. I see it's the Best Man.

"No." I go back to what I was doing and drinking but his hand stops me.

"Excuse you but I'd like to finish my drink."

"You mean you'd rather get drunk at a wedding? Let's dance." He leads me to the dance floor and the DJ brings it to a slow dance.

"Who are you? I said I didn't want to dance." I slumped against his shoulder. I felt the room spin alittle.

"Cho Kyuhyun and you never said you didn't want to dance."

"But...God I'm dizzy..." I murmur. I feel myself being dance toward the outside area. Mr. Cho Kyuhyun swings his hips and I feel myself doing the same.

"You're a good dancer miss." He whispers in my ear. It feels good.

"Im Jungmin." I reply. He chuckles.

"Ah, the sister of the Bride."

"Hmm....It should've been me. To get married first. That's how it works right? The oldest does things first."

"Really." He doesn't sound surprised. Mr. Cho Kyuhyun continues to dance with me even though the music switched to some pop song. I look up at his face. Gawd, he's handsome. He drops his gaze to mine and wow, his eyes are so empowering and goodness those lips-oh those lips-look so lucious and full and...and...I kissed him. I quickly pulled away and looked down. Mr. Cho Kyuhyun stops dancing and pushes me against the wall and crushes his mouth against mine. Hard and good. Before I know it, I am being swept away.

>>>

"OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD!" I kept yelling. Why are we both in the same bed!? He wakes up.

"Be quiet I'm trying to sleep." he mumbles. I kick him and he accidentally falls out of bed.

"Hey man! Watch it!" he sits up on his elbows and stares at me and blinks.

"Who are-" he stops mid sentence and the reality hits him. He checks under the covers and with wide eyes open, he wraps it around his well you know~

"We didn't...did we?" I am speechless. We both get up with coverage and back away. I step into something and look down. They're my and bra. He sees it too and sets off looking for something. I pick up my undergarments and practically run into the bathroom. I lock the door and lean against it. What the hell? What happened last night? I faintly remember me at my sister's wedding and at a bar. That must be it! We got drunk and had- there's a rapid knock on the door. I peek through as I open it slowly. He looks flushed. I see that he's clothed from the waist down.

"I, um, think we, um, need to talk." he stalks into the living room area. I hastily dress myself and follow him.

"I think we were both drunk last night." he explains. I nod.

"But...I don't think we were protected...." What! Oh wait a second.

"I-I'm on the pill." I shyly whisper. Get a hold of yourself Jungmin! There's silence between us.

"I'd love to say it makes things a lot better but then again I'm not too sure myself." Silence again. I look up between my lashes and see his profile. I'd be lying if I said he wasn't handsome. Was I that drunk to have with him? Oh, my head hurts. He hears me groan and goes into the kitchen. Is this his house? Mr. Cho Kyuhyun rummages through his cabinets and fills a glass of water and hands it to me. I gladly accept it.

"Are you okay?" he asks me.

"Well, considering the fact that I have no recollection of last night, I'm pretty on edge right now and with the fact that I just had with someone I don't even know."

"If you say you're on the pill, I guess the only solution to this problem is to never see each other again. I mean it's only fair since we're both victims to each other."

"I guess." he stands up.

"Well I hate to say this but, this is my home. I'll have a car ready when you're
dressed."

>>>

During the next few weeks I am swamped with work. Working at a department office is much easier on said than done.

"Crystal, copy all these documents for the next meeting please. Apparently, there's going to be a last minute sale for Neiman Marcus. We have to hurry okay?" I say.

"Seoyoon, bring me a cup of latte please?" Man, I've only been working for five hours today and I already feel tired? I thank my secretary as she hands me my drink. As soon as I take the first sip, I bring it back up. Ugh, never have I thrown up at work. There's a knock at the door.

"Miss Jungmin-sshi, you're four o'clock appoinent is here. Shall I send her in?" I pour into the toilet once again. The door opens.

"Miss Jungmin-sshi!" That was the last thing I heard before I out.

"She's stable; malnutrition, stress, and overworking her limits caused her to faint. Miss Jungmin-sshi should be able to regain conscious in a few hours or so." I heard someone say. Are they talking about me?

"Oh, Jungmin-sshi." Seoyoon? I twitch my fingers and slowly open my eyes.

"Seoyoon-ah?" I croak. She is by my side in a matter of seconds.

"Miss! Don't move! I'll help you up!" I waved her off.

"No need. Where am I?" she's quiet.

"Seoyoon?"

"You're in the hospital miss. You fainted."

"I fainted! Are you joking with me Seoyoon?!" my voice gradually raises.

"The doctor said you were malnutritioned and were overworking yourself and-"

"Overworking myself? Let's see that doctor work at a department office for 7 days a week!" I scoff. I glare at Seoyoon and remember she didn't finish what she was saying.

"And what Seoyoon?"

"Eh?"

"You said I was not eating and working too much and what else?" she looks around the room and hasn't said anything.

"Seoyoon, what is it? Tell me it's not cancer." she lowers her head and looks up with glittery eyes.

"Miss Jungmin-sshi...you're going to have a baby." The air was out of the room.

"Oh miss Jungmin-sshi, how wonderful is this! You're pregnant!" I was hoping that word wouldn't come out. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Seoyoon...call the doctor."

"But miss-"

"NOW!" she hurriedly goes into the hall and talks to a nurse.

"Doctor, there is a mistake. I'm not pregnant." I tell him. He looks at me and Seoyoon back and forth.

"I hate to break it to you but you are pregnant miss Im Jungmin. You're four weeks pregnant."

"I know it's a shock to you and all new mother-to-be's react the same way you're reacting now but it's a great experience." he continues on. I'm not even listening. As soon he told me I am four weeks pregnant, I went into a state of shock. Me? Pregnant? I'm only 22 years old. I'm not nearly ready for a child. I feel someone shaking me.

"Miss Jungmin-sshi, I'll take my leave now since you're brother is here." I grabbed her wrist before she could go.I stare into her eyes,"Seoyoon, no one can know about me being...pregnant...okay?" I gulp.

"Miss Jungmin-sshi, you're secret is safe with me." then she left.

"Jungmin! What the hell happened? I'm having a fantastic lunch with this hot chick I met at a club and we're having one hell of a time and about to hit it off and BAM! I get a call saying you're in the hospital?!" says my loud and obnoxious brother.

"Where's umma and appa? Jungah?"

"Mom and dad are coming and Jungah is at her honeymoon. She hopes you'll recover fast. Now tell me."

"I fainted; no big deal." I slumped into the bed.

"Cut the crap Jungmin. If you fainted they wouldn't have made it a big deal as it is. What aren't you telling me?" Curse my brother for his smart mind. He may not look like it but he asks hell of a lot of questions. I sigh. Should I tell him? It's better than telling my parents and Jungah. I pat the side of the bed and he sits down.

"It came as a shock to me too. Please, please, please don't say anything to umma and appa and especially Jungah but..." he listens intently.

"...I'm pregnant..." his expression remains the same as he came in and then it slowly progresses to rage.

"Okay, who is this f^cker who got you drunk?!" I quiet him down.

"Listen Jungsoo, we were both drunk. It was both our faults. I'm on the pill but...I don't know. Believe me when I say I'm angry too. Please don't be upset about it. This is why I didn't want to tell anyone." he stands up. Looks at me then away and repeats the process. He takes a deep breath.

"Jungmin, you better know who that f^cker is that made you pregnant."

"I know who he is." he looks at me one more time and let's out that breath he's been holding and his expression softens.

"How long Jungmin?" I can't raise my head.

"four weeks." I whisper.

"What are you going to do with it?" I ignored the unusual feeling of pain when he said 'it' .

"I don't know yet. I have to talk to the father. It does concern him too." Jungsoo finally falls on the bed. He places a hand on top of mine. Later then my parents rush in. When my mother asks what happened, I glance at Jungsoo. He sighs and slumps into one of the chairs. I smile a smile that doesn't deserve smiling.

>>>

Cho. Cho Kyumin? No. Cho Kyujong? No. Cho Kyuha? That doesn't even sound right. Argh! Why can't I remember his stupid name?! Out of frustration, I hit the backspace as if I'm poking it to death. The doorbell rings an there is a package at my door. Oh great, the dress I ordered for tomorrow's banquet finally arrived (http://www.200shop.com/images/lnf0042.jpg). As I put it on, I notice there's no bump. So far so good. Maybe the tests were mistaken and the doctor was wrong. One could only hope.

"I'd like the thank each and everyone who came to this banquet. It means a lot to me and my family. As you all should know, Dong Ha company has been thriving to fulfill the fashion world of our nation for many generations. I remember when my grandfather would-" I have probably heard this entire speech forty times already. This year's banquet is based strictly on the new shopping centre in Seoul. Every department store and investor came crawling to this event. I chose to lounge outside and watch the party below. The night air feels so crisp and clean. If only I could-

"It was nice to see you too hyung." That voice. Sounds so. Familiar.

"Ehh~ no problem. Don't forget to come over to the beach house. You're welcome anytime Kyuhyun." !!!!!!!!!!

"Areso hyung, I'll keep that in mind. I got to go now. I'll see you next time alright~?" I snook a peek at the two men. One was facing me with a huge grin and had a weird looking monkey face. The other had his back turned to me. He walked away. I quickly got out of my seat and practically ran into Mr. Monkey Face.
 
"Excuse me, are you okay?" he asks. I nod, brushing my dress down.
 
"It was totally my fault. I should've looked where I was going? What can I do to repay you?"
 
"It's no nee- well, I was wondering who was that man you were talking to earlier?"
 
"You mean Kyuhyun? He's just the son of Dong Ha CEO. Are you sure you're okay?"
 
"Yes, I'm fine. What is your name?"
 
"Lee Hyukjae or Eunhyuk." he grins. He must like telling people who he is.
 
"Nice to meet you Eunhyuk-sshi. My name is Im Jungmin." we shake hands.
 
"It's very nice to meet you Jungmin-sshi. It's a shame I have to say this but I have to get going. Call my secretary if you want to make plans." he walked off. I made a mental note in my head to look up Lee Hyukjae. I scanned the area and found who I was looking for.
 
"We need to talk." I stroll beside him. I finally found him alone along the pathway.
 
"I don't know who you-" he stops short when he sees it's me.
 
"I know we made an agreement to not see each other ever again but something's come up."
 
"I made it clear that I want nothing to do with you."
 
"Well change of plans because-"
 
"Kyuhyun? I was looking everywhere for you." a woman comes between us and kisses him dramatically.
 
"Kyuhyun-sshi, we have to talk immediately." I forcefully whisper. He looks between me and the girl and takes something from his shirt pocket.
 
"Here's my card; call me and then we'll talk." he leads the girl back to the way of the event. I look at the card and stuff it in my clutch. I guess I'll just have to wait till Monday.
 
"What do you mean I can't see him?" Well it seems like Mr. Cho Kyuhyun is a top shop person. He IS the son of the most renown shopping centers. His mother is the CEO which means she could be my boss's boss's boss. Since he's a very important person, I, like every other person in the lobby has to have an appointment to see him. I mumble something about how I'm important too. I look around the lobby and reach for his card out of my coat pocket. Maybe I couldcall him down. It's worth a shot. Well the line's ringing which is good. If he doesn't answer then might as well make the decision about the-
 
"Yeboseyo?" I hear his husky voice.
 
"Um, it's me, and we need to talk."
 
"I'm busy. Wait a while."
 
"I've waited a while already. Please, we need to talk about...the last time we met." the line clicks and when I think that he doesn't want anything more to do with me, a man dressed in a black suit appears.
 
"Im Jungmin-sshi? Come with me."
 

(to be contnued. DUN DUN DUN)