Protecting You [Oneshot]

Protecting You [Zhou Mi Oneshot]

You slowly rose from your bed, placing your fluffy white hello kitty doll on your nightstand before heading into the bathroom. You quickly brushed and showered and threw on a dress with soft blue ruffles at the bottom. You smoothed your hands over the sapphire blue bow that hung tightly at your waist as you looked into the mirror. You begin to play around with the curls of your hair that dangled loosely above your waist when suddenly you heard your room fill with Super Junior M’s song Destiny. Your eyes immediately lit up as you realized you had a new text message. You quickly scurried over to your nightstand to pick up your phone. As you brought the phone to your face, you felt your lips stretching into a gleaming smile.

The text was from Zhou Mi: “It’s a bit chilly this morning~ don’t forget your jacket dear :)”

You sighed in awe realizing you have the most perfect guy on the planet taking care of you and if he got any sweeter your heart wouldn’t be able to take it without going into some kind of cardiac arrest! You replied with a quick “Xie Xie Gentleman Mimi~ ;)” before walking towards your front door. Within seconds your phone went off again and you looked down at its screen.

“Its a shame it’s a bit chilly today~ :( I would have liked to gaze upon that gorgeous dress of yours ;)”

“Wait…how did he…” you muttered in confusion looking down at the ruffles of your dress before looking around the room.

The moment your eyes shifted to the wooden door your heart begin to race, for peeking from the long thin window panel at the side of your front door was Zhou Mi waving with that charming smile on his face that always made you melt. You giggled as you approached the door and held onto the doorknob teasing him for a few moments before actually opening the door. You immediately jumped into his arms in a warm embrace feeling his refreshing cologne tickle your nose.

“Hehe~ you smell so nice today Mimi” you recited as you buried your face in his chest. He peered down at you trying to capture your eyes, only to realize that your eyes were closed. You looked like a blissful little princess to him, happy to be in the arms of her prince. He gently your hair and gently pulled out of your hug.

“Do you mean to say that I smell like stinky tofu every other day?”
“Of course not! That would be Henry!” He laughed at your playful remark while taking your hand in his.
“So, are you ready?”
“Yup, let me just grab my jacket” you answered giving him a wink before running to your coat hanger.

Once you grabbed your grey jacket, you head out to Mimi’s Audi parked in your driveway only to find him already in the driver’s seat.

“Well I see someone’s really eager!”
“Yeah, eager to sit with my pretty lady” he answered swinging the passenger door open for you.

You quickly hopped onto the seat next to him, feeling your cheeks burning with a cherry red complexion. Before you knew it you had arrived at the mall parking lot. Clearly singing along to Korean pop songs in the car with Mimi made the car ride go by quite fast and you were grateful for that because you were overwhelmed with excitement. You clung on to his arm with both your hands while he kept his hands hidden in the pockets of his navy blue blazer. As you both approached the mall entrance, he quickly walked ahead of you and held the glass door open.

“After you my lady” he stated as he motioned for you to enter while bowing his head ever so lightly. You let out a soft giggle as you walked in while he followed right behind you.
“So where to first Mimi?”
“Hmm I think maybe we sh-” Mimi suddenly paused, for he was startled by the sound…of your stomach calling for food. You immediately covered your stomach with your hands. Aish! Stupid stomach. hush!!!
“Omo~ Jagiya, please tell me you ate breakfast this morning!” You laughed nervously before responding, “Psht yeah of course I did!”

As if your stomach could sense your lies, it immediately growled even louder directing Mimi to raise his eyebrows skeptically.

“Yaah!! don’t lie to me! You obviously didn’t eat which means we are not going anywhere till you eat something first!”
“Aniyo oppa! Really, don’t worry about me, today is a rare day where you get to relax for once and I don’t want you to waste any of your time because of me”
“But I worry about you everyday…because I rarely get to be with you. It hurts me when you’re a thousand miles away from me and I’m not able to take care of you. But today is different, since I am here you have no choice!”

He instantly took ahold of your hand and took you to the food court before you could even refuse, but of course you didn’t even try because you knew for a fact that when Mimi was determined to do something there’s no stopping him. His determination was one of the many things that made you fall for him. He’s been through a lot since his debut, along with Henry, for when they were both first added to Super Junior-M, ELFs were not very accepting of them at all. Despite all the harsh treatment he had received initially he never gave up on his dream, and it was this fiery determination that got him to where he is now.

As you sat at the circular table waiting for Mimi to return with food, a little boy with beady blue eyes and a grey beanie on his head suddenly approached you.

“Ex-excuse me…miss…but.. but…I think I lost my mommy and I don’t know where she is..c-c-can you help me…please?” he stuttered nervously with shyness and fear as he hung his face towards the ground. You looked at him with a heart breaking look on your face as you watched him wipe away a cold tear that was running down his chubby pale cheek while clenching his small brown teddy bear tightly against his chest.

“Awww!! of course come here cutie pie, what’s your name?” you asked while wiping away his tears with a napkin from the holder on your table. Judging by his size he appeared to be a toddler around 4 years of age.
“I’m Aiden. Are…are you Cinderella?” he asked with a soft high voice as he looked at your blue dress.

You covered your mouth with the back of your hand as you laughed at the little boy’s adorable question.

“She is to me” a familiar voice responded from behind you while placing a cinnamon raisin bagel in front of you.

You looked up from the table only to be greeted by the comforting brown eyes of Mimi, who towered over you with his hands on the back of your chair.

“Who’s your little friend?” Zhou Mi peered down at the Aiden who was barely a quarter of his height.

He took note of his puffy red eyes and quickly knelt down next to him.

“Hey, what’s wrong buddy?” Zhou Mi questioned as he took Aiden’s tiny hand in his.
“Oppa, this is Aiden. The poor kid can’t find his mom” you explained while munching on your bagel.
“Hi Aiden, I’m Zhou Mi! And don’t worry, I’m sure your mother is going crazy looking for you too! There is no way she would leave her precious son behind.”

Zhou Mi lightly pinched Aiden’s chubby cheek causing his tears to gradually diminish.

“Aww oppa you’re making him smile!” you cheered happily finishing the remainder of your breakfast.

Aiden appeared to warm up to Mimi rather quickly, but it was no surprise to you since you knew that Mimi had the ability to befriend anyone, and little kids were no different!

“Would you like to stay with us? We can help look for your mom together” Zhou Mi asked.

Aiden nodded almost immediately, for just the thought of being left alone again sent chills down his spine. You got up from your chair and pat Aiden lightly on the head.

“As much as I wish I was Cinderella, my name is actually _____.”

Aiden looked up at you, with his blue eyes twinkling like how the sun reflects off the ocean.

“Oh…but c-c-can I call you Cinderella anyway?” 

You glanced over at Zhou Mi whose almond eyes were fixed on you with a loving smile on his face. He seemed to sense that little Aiden had developed a crush on you by the way he spoke with you almost tripping on his words. However, being the clueless bubbly girl that you are, all you saw was an adorable little boy lost and looking for a companion.

“Awww, sure Aiden if that’s what you would like to call me.”

Aiden then swiftly wrapped his tiny arms around your waist, burying his shy face in the ruffles of your dress. Surprised by Aiden’s sudden notion, you rose your hands up towards your face and covered your rosy pink cheeks. Zhou Mi gazed upon your enlightened face mouthing words to you. ‘He likes you’ was what he appeared to be mouthing to you causing you to turn into a light cotton candy pink.

“So Aiden, when did you last see your mom?” Zhou Mi asked.
“Um. 15minutes ago. I was in this gift store with my mommy. I just went to look at the stuffed animals for a minute and then I looked back and she wasn’t there!!!”
“Hmm something tells me we should go check over there just in case she’s still there looking for you.”

Aiden nodded in agreement to Mimi’s suggestion. Zhou Mi stood up from the floor as Aiden held out his hand towards him with a yearning look in his eyes. Zhou Mi then took hold of Aiden’s hand while you held on to his other hand. He happily skipped along between you two holding on tightly to you two while you held on to his teddy bear in your free hand. As you walked around the mall, you noticed that you got a lot of smiles from random strangers. It seemed like many people saw you three as a cute little family, and looked at you guys in awe at how perfect you three looked. As you three approached the gift store, Aiden suddenly let go of you two and darted towards the store without warning leaving you and Mimi staring at each other in shock. You both had your eyes following Aiden who was racing towards a tall woman in a floral printed dress standing by the glass doors with a man in a white formal shirt speaking into what appeared to be a radio transmitter. Aiden immediately wrapped his arms around the woman’s legs from behind and hung on to her tightly. The woman jolted at the sudden contact she felt around her legs causing you and Mimi to scurry over hoping to end the awkwardness for the woman.

“Oh my gosh we are so sorr-” you were then cut off by Aiden who cried out in excitement.

“Mommy!! I thought I lost you!!” The woman quickly turned around and kneeled down to pull Aiden into a tight hug gently his back.

“Aiden how many times have I told you not to wander off?! Gosh I was worried sick!!” Noticing the woman had found her lost son the officer walked away laughing to himself in amusement while shaking his head.

“It’s okay mom! You didn’t have to worry, Cinderella helped me!” Aiden’s mom then pulled out of the tight hug and looked at her son with her face hung to one side.

“Cinderella? What are you talking about sweetie?”

“She’s right there mommy!”

Aiden then extended his arm above his mom’s shoulder pointing behind her. You swiftly hid behind Zhou Mi’s tall stature with your innocent eyes peeking from behind his shoulder. Normally you are pretty sociable but you never thought little Aiden would actually introduce you as Cinderella. Sure it was adorable beyond words, but  you can’t deny that it made you quite embarrassed. Aiden’s mom then took her son’s hand and stood up to face Zhou Mi who was busy fidgeting with you trying to bring you out from hiding.

“I never knew Cinderella was so shy”
“I’m sorry! She’s normally not like this, she actually loves to talk. I think she’s a bit embarrassed” Zhou Mi answered taking note of your strawberry cheeks. 

He then quickly steps aside leaving you completely vulnerable to her eyes.

“Hehe there’s no need for you to be shy! I’m sorry if Aiden caused you any trouble.. He just really loves pretty girls!” 

Zhou Mi then gently wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you towards him.

“Hehe~ so do I!” he stated smiling ear to ear. With Mimi’s playful remark you felt more at ease, especially with his arm around you.

“oh no don’t be sorry. It was no trouble at all” you reassured. You then realized you were still holding onto little Aiden’s plushy teddy bear. “Oh Aiden, I almost forgot” you bent down extending his teddy bear toward his chubby face.
“No Cinderella! I want you to keep it!” Aiden responded shaking his hands in front of his face.
“Awww, For me? Are you sure?” You the teddy bear’s soft plush ears as you spoke.

Aiden nodded his head up and down like a bobble head with a gleeful smile on his face.

“Aw thanks Aiden.”

You then lowered your face so that it was just inches away from his face, which begin to turn as pink as strawberry ice cream. You gave him a soft peck on his chubby cheek before ruffling his chocolate brown hair. Aiden’s mom and Mimi watched in amusement as Aiden’s pale cheek was left with a subtle pink outline of your lips—but of course little Aiden had no clue since he was so caught up in the fact that he had just received a kiss from Cinderella.

“Well thanks again for taking care of my son. I’m so glad that he stumbled upon you two.”
“No problem, it was nice meeting you guys!” Mimi replied.

Aiden opened his arms out wide towards Mimi. He quickly took Aiden in his arms and lifted him off the ground.

“Don’t make your mom worry like that again ok?”
“Ok!” Aiden answered as he leaned his tiny forehead against Mimi’s.

Mimi then set him gently back down on the floor after giving him a cozy hug. Aiden’s mom took her son’s hand and they begin to walk away in the opposite direction. Aiden kept looking back to wave goodbye every 5 seconds with a pinch of sadness in his eyes accompanied by pouty lips. Regardless of how many times he waved, you both stood their the entire time to wave back until he and his mom left. You of course being the little child that you are, waved at Aiden using his teddy bear’s small furry arm. When Aiden and his mom finally blended into the crowd in the distance, Mimi intertwined his slender fingers with yours

“Well that was quite an interesting experience” you stated. Zhou Mi giggled,
“Haha yeah…but just so you know you are banned from kissing any boys…but me”

You were completely amused by Mimi’s comment that you folded your lips in order to conceal your laughter. Rather than reassure him that you would never do that to him, you decided to play around with him a bit.

“Well…I don’t know oppa, I mean he did give me his teddy bear. You never bought me a teddy bear” you pouted as you clenched Aiden’s bear tightly to your chest.

He led you towards a bench and asked you to sit down and wait for him since he had to use the bathroom. You sat quietly on the wooden bench, playing with Aiden’s little bear while some onlookers glanced at you rather confused, but entertained nonetheless. You whipped out your iPhone and noticed its been 20 minutes since Zhou Mi had left. At this point, to say you were worried was quite the understatement. Omo~ where did he go? Is he ok? What if something happened to him? Your mind begin to be bombarded with an influx of these worrisome thoughts which in turn only made you more concerned about him. You texted him, expecting a response within a minute since he always responds to you, but you got nothing. You immediately called his cell, but all you got was his voicemail which caused your heart to race in fear. You got off the bench and decided to walk towards the bathrooms hoping you could catch him walking back but still…there was no sight of him. You couldn’t take it anymore, and your vision begin to blur as your eyes begin to swell in tears. Suddenly, you felt a soft tap on your shoulder, but it wasn’t a hand it felt more like a fluffy paw.

“Jagiya~~” you heard a familiar voice whisper so close to your ear in a sweet and gentle tone.

You quickly spun around only to be faced with a giant cream colored teddy bear decorated with a red and white checked bow right on its neck. The bear was enormous, so big that you could not even see the man behind it, but you of course knew very well who it was.

“Please take good care of me ______! I promise I’ll take good care of you and protect you always!”

The fact that the bear concealed Mimi made it almost seem like the bear was actually talking to you making you giggle a bit as your tears fell off your cheek. You immediately took the bear from his hands and dropped it on the floor next to you, before throwing your arms around him nearly making him lose balance.

“Omo~ Jagiya! Kwenchana!?” Mimi looked down at your face buried deep in his white v-neck under his blue blazer. “What happened?! Do you not like it?! Did I do something wrong?!” You lifted your head up from his chest and looked into his worried eyes.

 

“I was just…so worried. I thought something happened to you. You were gone for so long that I just started panicking” you answered as you suppressed your tears.
 
Zhou Mi cupped your face in his warm hands while wiping away your tears with his thumbs. 
 
He looked into your glossy eyes as he spoke, “Aww honey, I am so sorry! I just wanted to surprise you that’s all. I feel terrible now!”

“Just promise me you won’t leave me like that ever again.”

Zhou Mi suddenly looked down at your hand dangling beside him, still clutching Aiden’s bear.

“I promise… as long as you promise me the only bear that’s going to be protecting you every night when you sleep is Mr.Sunshine” Mimi urged as he nudged his head over towards the bear sitting on the floor next to you.

You felt a smile come across your face as you begin to sense Mimi’s never dying wish to protect you always.

“I promise oppa” you answered as you got on your tippy toes and pecked him softly on his lips.

He then wrapped his arms securely around your waist and pulled you closer. The two of you just stood there motionless, in a warm cozy hug that you both didn’t want to pull away from. Although you knew you had to let go of him eventually, you kept your face hidden in his shirt and continued to feel his cologne tickle your nose never wanting to be parted from him ever again.