Chapter 1 - Touch & Play

You & Me...Worlds Apart

 

#1
 
Tokyo Music Bank, such a glorious night for the idols representing the Hallyu Wave in Japan, being one of the current Leaders of it, KARA was one of the biggest acts alongside the remarkable TVXQ who paved the way for the current idols. It was pleasant, at the gathering event, everyone was busy talking to friends whom they haven't met for the reason of conflict schedules, yet, no one noticed how the two leaders of the said group stood behind each other's back, never once leaving the other.
 
 
Privy to the possibility of any listening ear nor roaming eye, Yunho, the charismatic leader of TVXQ slowly s his way towards the only other person who was aware of his presence amidst the throng of idols on stage. Casually, he moved his hand, causing their hands to lightly touch.
 
 
Accident or incidental?
 
 
One could never tell.
 
 
Bottled feelings of longing for each other and being in shadow of covering their relationship brought such excitement in Gyuri's system once Yunho's feathery flesh lightly grazed the exposed skin.
 
 
“You did well back there” Yunho whispered, making Gyuri highly aware of their close proximity. Not wanting to attract any unwarranted suspicion, she turned around casually to face him. Giving off the impression of a harmless conversation between two friends. 
 
 
“What are you doing? People might see.” She quietly reprimanded him, with a stern tone. Yunho only chuckled in response. Oh how he loved teasing her. To see her brows furrowed in exasperation. So worried, so annoyed, so… human. Not an ounce of that silly Goddess image which her fans loved so much. If only they could see her now.
 
 
“People are naive” He casually answered between the gaps of his lips and the taunting lid of the wine glassware having the time of enjoyment as he continued to provoke the lightly pissed off girl. Voices of different tone and pitch were over lapping each other and even with such close distance between two people talking, you’d need a good and reasonable leaning body to catch any voiced thoughts. But they don’t need those, they can hear each other just fine, after all when these two are together, nothing is inside their world except for them.
 
 
“I’d have to get ready” She excused herself, not wanting to feel the child in her to explode and just give up on Yunho’s little act. Park Gyuri, commonly known as the Conceited Goddess, she had lived it up to make herself known to people, to have her own identification amongst the unending number of idols. She had endured a lot of insulting comments, disapproving looks, and rejections just to have her mark in the industry. Yet, unbeknownst to the prying eyes of this judgemental world, a sweet child like girl was hiding inside her bubble. But because of the so called image that her own company had put on her, the real Park Gyuri is a mystery.
 
 
 
How could he do that?!
 
 
 
What if someone saw?
 
 
 
The fuming Goddess paced back and forth in their waiting room, completely aware of the solicitous glances that were being thrown at her. She’s nowhere near their calm Leader, but somehow, haven’t seeing each other for a whole lot while and suddenly meeting in such place, Gyuri was expecting a lot more from him rather than his usual playful side.
 
 
But still, she couldn’t stay mad at him for long. It’s not his fault if he wanted to be all playful around her. It’s been awhile since they had the luxury of camaraderie. And god, did she miss his presence around her. That signature cocky grin, coupled with his laidback demeanour, it almost made her felt bad for sassing him off just a moment ago. If there was one thing in her life that she wanted to hold on to, it would be having him near her all the time. Somehow, he has this ability to make her feel at ease, thus making the burden of upholding this ridiculous goddess image much more tolerable. 
 
 
However, as much as she likes him, she was not about to make it easy. 
 
 
Jung Yunho, they don’t call me goddess for nothing.
 
 
“Places everyone! We’ll be live on air in 5 minutes!” 
 
 
At the command of the stage director, everyone started to scurry to their respective places. Bright smiles all ready for the camera and the millions of audiences who were present and also tuning in from all over the world. 
 
 
This is it. Her moment to shine. The very moment in which she had been waiting for all along. All those long hours spent on rehearsing day in and day out, will amount to nothing if she didn’t nail this. She strengthened her resolve and planned to not allow even a single bit of mistake in her emceeing for this prestigious event.
 
 
“Good luck, princess.” 
 
 
Those were the last words she heard before the curtains raised, and was then greeted by a tremendous wave of cheers followed by the simultaneous flashing of bright lights.
 
 
 
Minutes gone by and suddenly turned into hours, the stress of standing, smiling, going on and off the stage are now slowly starting to knock at her senses but, the second she introduced TVXQ as the final act, it was paid off. Nothing is more uplifting than seeing your boyfriend performing on stage.
 
And as always, he had left her in awe, it was almost perfect (almost, because she strongly believes that nothing is perfect) he was dancing at his best with sweat grazing his face and still, Gyuri find him attractive. She’s totally over the ‘I’m-tired-stage’ and is now on the first level of ‘admiring-my-boyfriend-from-a-far-stage’.
 
 
“Unnie, let’s go” Yet, the second she felt as if she’s just starting, Hara awoke her from dreamland saying things that they should get going for the closing.
 
A groan left her lips as she stood up and walked behind her.
 
 
“Aww come on unnie, I know you’re tired but at least smile, after this you could lay in bed all you want” Always the cheerful and thoughtful in the group, Hara linked her arm around hers encouraging not only the Leader but as well as herself - who just wants to run back in the arms of her boyfriend and cuddle until they have to fly back to Korea the next morning.
 
 
 
Idols lined up and piled on the large stage, it is the end after all. Smiles were plastered on each and every one, greeting and waving at the fans, oh the life of an idol. It would be the same for Gyuri, only if she’s not having a hard time. Whoever said that the ending is the most fun part is so wrong, because as of the moment, Gyuri was having the most crucial time of her life – or not – the reason of it was, there, right on stage in front of thousands of fans (mostly Cassies -she is so doomed) with cameras moving side to side catching every single reaction of them, standing a little close - too close, to her was no other than the Jung Yunho himself.
 
 
Why was she the MC again?
 
 
Never mind, the answer wouldn’t matter anyway. What has done was done, she couldn’t just turn around and change places with Hara, although, she had thought of that the minute she saw her next lines.
 
 
 
At the touch of skin, butterflies erupted on her empty stomach. She was sure that he had donethat on purpose, probably trying to get her caught by the cameraman, or just continuing where they had left off, whichever it is; it sounds the same to her.
 
 
You’ve got nerves.
 
 
Thankfully enough, she knew too well on how to act around him, giving off her poker face she sighed completely oblivious of the curious glance Hara threw her way.
 
 
::End Chapter 1::