2

人知れず ひめ: Hidden

[ Italics = Flashback ]

 

 

"Hyung, I found her."

He guided me through the large doors of an office of some sort. The whole place looked like a library. Towards the middle was a man maybe in his late twenty's, and he was shuffling documents until he saw me. 

I clenched hard at the towel around me and felt myself backing away. Why was he looking at me like that? His eyes were cold and dark, it sent shivers down my spine. I gasped quietly, only to have the stranger who brought me here look at me instantly.

"Don't be scared," he reassured. "That's just how he naturally looks like, don't take it the wrong way."

I gulped and felt myself relax a little - just a little.

"My, she's so small!" The man boomed as he stood from his seat. 

"And you're too loud, you're scaring my lady."

I glanced at him and back towards the man in the middle. He's been calling me "my lady" since he picked me up from the crosswalk, it was starting to weird me out. I was sure I was in no position to be called as if I were a higher rank, hell, no one even says those kinds of formality anymore.

"So this is her," I jumped when the scary looking one suddenly appeared in front of me. When the heck did he get here?! "The princess."

"E-Eh?" I croaked, confused to what he was referring to. 

"I'm glad you've met your demon, his name is Xiah," he pointed. "But do call him whatever you like, if you must."

I glanced back and forth the two men, clueless to what he was talking about. Princess? Demon? 

I must be dreaming.

"Open your eyes old man and look at her expression. She doesn't know what you're talking about," the other guy sighed hopelessly. "She doesn't know anything yet."

I watched as the older one drop his smile slowly and his expression suddenly contorting to disbelief. He leaned back away from me and grabbed my shoulders almost too forcefully.

"That's horrible! Haven't your parents said anything? They must know, they should have told you, Princess!" He yells frantically but stopped when he looked at his wet hands. "Xiah! You dumb moron! Why is the highness wet?! Get her some clothes and dry her up! She should have changed before she went to see me, stupid demon!"

"Aish, alright, alright! Shut up already, you panicking fool," Xiah grabbed my hand and dragged me away from the other man as we exited the office.  "Sorry, he get's paranoid a lot. His name is Kangta, by the way - my lady are you alright?"

"What...what is he talking about?" I mumbled. "Who are you people?" 

We stopped at a certain room and led me in as he rummaged through the closet for some clean and dry clothing. I stared at his back as I stood thinking about whether he had heard what I said or not.

"Ah, found one," he turned towards me and handed a large t-shirt with a pair of male boxers. "I will get you proper clothing tomorrow, my lady, I promise. But for now, can you deal with these? Just for tonight. The bathroom is over there, change and I will explain to you everything with Kangta once you're comfortable."

I nodded slowly before heading towards the bathroom silently. I couldn't think properly and somehow just obeyed to his command.

When I exited the bathroom with my wet clothes, he was sitting on the bed with a towel in his hands. He told me to put the clothes in the basket beside me and ushered me to come to him. 

"I'm not going to do anything to you," he chuckled amusingly when I didn't move an inch. "Silly girl, come here and sit," he pointed on the floor.

I almost wanted to punch him for calling me 'silly girl.' I hated it when people called me by that ridicidulous pet name.

He made me sit in between his legs when he was on the bed while I was on the floor. This felt so wrong. I turned so my back was facing him and so he wouldn't witness the face I was making right now. 

I suddenly felt the towel over my head and twitched when he started rubbing it against my hair, drying off the wetness that was left.

"You must be confused," he said huskily, breaking the lingering silence as he continued to dry my hair. "Listen, I know it will sound stupid at first, but you have to believe us. It's not something we made up and it's definitely not a joke. Freak out as much as you want, as long as you don't accuse of lying or think we're out of our minds," he then chuckles.

"What are you saying?" I managed to reply as I gazed at the floor. 

"...I'm not human, and I'm here to protect you, my lady..."

 

- ding dong ding dong, ding dong ding dong -

I regained my senses after drifting into nostalgia in class when the shuffling of students and pushing of chairs was heard. I glanced at the clock before taking my bag and exited the classroom.

The day was finally over.

"There he is, her boyfriend!"

"No way, him? Isn't he new?"

I ignored the little gossip from the females and continued my way towards the school gate, where he was waiting boredly.  I've gotten used to the useless rumors that speculated across the academy, simply because I knew they were stupid and well, it's high school, the one and only place for gossip.

"I know you could hear them," I sighed tiredly when I approached him. "So please tell me why you are enjoying their gossip?"

"Who wouldn't be happy when they call me your boyfriend?" He laughs.

"Me," I rolled my eyes. "I don't need you waiting for me if you're going to skip class the whole day. I can get home by myself."

"Ah, but you see my lady, I get bored easily. Hearing them talk kills my boredom, so I wait."

"Everything to you kills your boredom," I retorted. "I swear these rumors are getting bigger and different everyday because of you. I'm talking to Kangta about this."

"You know he's not going to agree," he grabs my hand and stops me from walking any further. "My lady, you're so moody today."

"Don't take my mood swings amusing, Junsu. It's your fault why I'm like this."

"Yes, yes, I know, I'm sorry," he pauses suddenly as his eyes led to my neck.  "Let me see you neck."

I stared at him in disbelief, "You're joking. Since when did dinner take place twice a month?"

"It's didn't. I just want to see the scars. No one saw it right?" 

He pushed my hair aside and felt his fingers trace the mark he left. He's lucky it didn't look as ugly than I thought when I took a peek at it this morning.

"I'm not that careless," I muttered. "I feel like your teeth is getting sharper every month, you'll rip my neck soon enough."

"For some reason, it's because your skin is getting harder and tougher to pierce into," he states intelligently, adding a bit of his amusement in it. "By the way, I saw you at the class window. Drifting into space, perhaps?"

I looked at him for a few seconds before taking his hands off my neck, "No, into memory lane. And quit observing me, you creeper. Do something worth while, will you?"

"Watching you is worth while, RiIn. It's cute seeing you drift away from reality. You made amusing facial expressions while you were at it too," he bursts into laughter.

"Jerk! That's it, I'm telling Kangta on you!" I blushed in embarrassment, however that did not stop him from laughing.

"Until I get the other four stones, just until I get the other four stones," I muttered to myself, holding in the urge to bust his face right now. "Then Junsu will be out of my life."

His laughter came to a halt and I turned to see if he has had enough of his amusement. I almost backed away when I saw his face full of...of what? Why was he suddenly looking at me like that?

"Geez, come on already, we're never going to get anywhere with us standing here," I broke the sudden silence.

"Fun fact," he laughs bitterly. "Demons surprisingly has hearts too. And you're really good at hurting one."

He walked pass me coldly and I stood there confused by his sudden attitude change and to what he said. 

Fun fact, I thought. Demons can also be bipolar.

 

Because there was defnitely one in front of me.