Chapter 4: Unseen Tears

We're Getting Married?

 

Previous Chapter

 

YB: "Pretty cool?... HOW IS TELLING THE WHOLE SCHOOL THAT WE'RE GETTING MARRIED, PRETTY COOL!?!?!?" He yelled. "I'm dead.." He said quietly, knowing that Jessica was sure to kill him now.

 

GD: "I don't know why you're freaking out.. Jessica said she wanted to talk to you, and actually smiled when she said it. Oh she also said to meet her by the courtyard...." He said.

 

YB: "She wanted to talk to me? That's weird, especially about the part where you said she smiled" He said.

 

GD: "And she also said I wouldn't be seeing you for a while... I don't know what's up with that." He told Youngbae.

 

Youngbae turned pale cause he knew that she meant he wasn't going to make it out of the courtyard alive.

 

YB: "...." He was silent as he walked towards the courtyard, ready to meet his doom.

 

GD: "Hmmm.. Wonder what's up with him?" He asked himself as he walked towards his homeroom.

 


 

 

Author's POV

 

As Youngbae got closer to the courtyard he got more scared by each step, knowing that he was about to face hell.

 

YB: "Even dad doesn't make me this scared..." He said, while he wondered what would happen next.

 

Youngbae finally made it to the courtyard, and saw Jessica sitting down on a bench, reading a magazine.

 

YB: "Y-You wanted to see me...?" He said avoiding eye contact with her.

 

Jessica: "Do you have something to say to me, Youngbae?" She said as she continued reading.

 

YB: "Ummm..." He said.

 

He knew Jessica was mad, he was practically frozen.

 

Jessica: "I'm waiting~" She said.

 

YB: "I... I-" He hesitated.

 

Jessica started to get really impatient, and put her magazine down, which made Youngbae flinch.

 

Jessica: "I don't have all day." She said, while shooting him an icy glare.

 

Youngbae could feel her glaring at him and didn't move an inch, causing Jessica to stand up in front of him.

 

Jessica: "You have ten seconds... 10, 9, 8.." She started to count down.

 

Youngbae was starting to sweat due to how scared he was.

 

Jessica: "7, 6, 5, 4..."

 

YB: 'Just say sorry Youngbae, your life depends on it!!!' He thought to himself. "I-..." He started but was cut off.

 

Jessica: "... 1." She said.

 

YB: *gulp*

 

Jessica smiled, and looked at Youngbae.

 

YB: 'Why is she smiling!?!?' He thought.

 

Jessica: *chuckles* "Sweet dreams~" She said smiling.

 

YB: 'Sweet... dreams..? What does she mean?' He asked himself, as he looked at her with mercy.

 

Jessica just shook her head.

 

Jessica: "Too late! Goodnight~" She said to him still smiling.

 

YB: "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

 


 

 

Infirmary

 

YB: "Ugghh..." He groaned as his eyes were blurred from the light. "Where.. am I?" He asked asked himself. "And what happened?"

 

As he began recall what had happened he started to get scared again.

 

YB: 'I am never making that girl mad ever again... That was probably tthe closest thing to hell..' He thought to himself.

 

As Youngbae sat up, he found himself on a bed, saw a nurse sitting at her desk a few feet away from him.

 

YB: "Oh... I'm in the infirmary.." He thought to himself.

 

Nurse: "Ahh, you're finally awake." She said. "Are you feeling better?" She asked.

 

YB: "Umm yeah I think so.. my head is a little sore but, it's no problem." He answered.

 

Nurse: "Alright, well it's lunch period right now so you can go ahead and eat now." She said smiling.

 

YB: "Thank you." He smiled back.

 

Youngbae started to make his way to the cafeteria when he remembered that he didn't have his wallet with him.

 

YB: "Where did I put my bag..? My wallet should be in there.." He said to himself, while trying to remeber where he might of misplaces his bag. "Oh yeah... I must of dropped it when..." He began, but cringed at the thought of what happened to him. "It's got to be at the courtyard." He said to himself.

 

Courtyard

 

YB: "Man.. I can't believe I got this from a girl.." He said, while patting the bandage that was placed on his forehead.

 

As he made his way closer to the area in the courtyard where he thought his bag would be he started to hear voices.

 

???: "Stay away from Youngbae oppa. Got it!" A girl yelled.

 

YB: "What's going on?" He thought.

 

Then he saw Jessica walking past him, soaked in water, with an emotionless face.

 

Even though she had put him through hell earlier, Youngbae was immediately concerned.

 

YB: "Jessica! Are you alright!? What happened!?" He said with a concerned tone.

 

Jessica just ignored him, and kept walking until Youngbae stopped her by grabbing her hand.

 

YB: "What happened?" He asked.

 

Jessica: "As you can see I got wet." She said, still not facing him.

 

YB: "I can see that, but why?" He asked.

 

Jessica: "Apparently I'm supposed to stay away from you now, so if you could let my hand go please." She said while removing her hand from his.

 

YB: "Who did this to you?" He asked.

 

Jessica: "...I don't know... I don't really have friends so how would I know?" She said coldly.

 

YB: "Jessica I..." He started but decided that it was best if he leave her alone for now

 


 

 

Youngbae went through the rest of the day of school, barely concentrating in any of his classes. He even ignored all the things that were being said about the fact that he was getting married. He just couldn't stop worrying about Jessica. 

 

 

This went on all day. He got even more worried cause he found out that Jessica had left the school early.

 

 

When school was over he rushed back home, to see if his dad knew where Jessica's house was located.

 

 

Butler: "Welcome home sir." He said bowing towards Youngbae.

 

YB: "Hello. Do you know if my dad is home yet?" He asked.

 

Butler: "No he is not. He called and said that he would be late." He said.

 

YB: "Shoot!" He said, while thinking of away he could see Jessica.

 

Butler: "Sir, your father told me too tell you that Jessica will be staying at mansion from now on. She is upstairs in the room next to yours." He said.

 

And with that the butler left.

 

YB: "She's living here now?" He said, with a shocked expression.

 

His expression went back to a serious one, as he rushed upstairs to her room.

 

YB: 'I need to find out who did this to her' He told himself.

 

He saw the room and was about to knock, until he heard crying.

 

Youngbae moved closer to the door, and opened it just so he could see Jessica, and he was heart-broken at what he saw.

 

Jessica's Room

 

Jessica: *crying* "Mom... It...!" She said. "It hurts when they call me all those things, and tell me that I'm useless.... I'm not usesless am I mom...?" She said as she continued to cry. "Mom... I miss you...." She said as her crying began to get louder, while holding a picture to her chest as she sat on the edge of her bed.

 

Youngbae slowly closed the door to her room and left to his own, still in shock at Jessica's condition.

 

YB: "You act so coldly towards everyone, and you never seem to want to get close to anyone, so you're all alone.... Yet you've been enduring this pain for so long... all by yourself." He said to himself. "I hope that someday, you can be close to me and let me take half of the pain, and endure it with you." He said.

 

Then Youngbae layed down on his bed.

 

YB: "Jessica Jung.... you speak bad to me, act coldly towards me, you hate me, you hurt me but..." He said.

 

He then closed his eyes.

 

YB: "But I'm still falling for you."