Chapter 1

Impossible dream(One-shot)

 

 

Darkness…Doors creaking…Endless screams…Bloods… Dara found herself walking endlessly in an unfamiliar place where fear is taking place. Wherever she went, take the left or the right, she was still feeling the same, like someone was watching over her but just found herself alone in the dark place. She walked and walked until she found an abandoned house, when she was just about to open its door, hands on its knob… she felt the cold wind touched her back that made her look behind her, only to be welcomed by a knife about to stab her.

 

 

And that made her wake up; she breathed heavily gasping for air, with a form of sweat dripping down her forehead. It was just a dream or perhaps a nightmare. But she felt like her dream was true. Like someone is really watching her. Then, she glanced at her clock and widened it with horror when she saw the time: 8:20 am. She was going to be late for her work.

She hurriedly ran to the bathroom and took a bath. After taking a bath, she quickly slipped her office clothes and ran downstairs. She greeted her parents and just grabbed bread and sipped her coffee.

“Why are you in a hurry?” her father asked.

“I’m going to be late for work; I didn’t hear my stupid clock when it rang.” She answered while putting her shoes on.

“Mom, Dad, I’m going now, my boss will kill me for being late.” She told them as her parents chuckled at her statement. She kissed her parents goodbye and made her way to the door.

She took out her keys, slipped it on her car’s keyhole and sat on the driver’s seat and started driving to her work.

She was driving on the road when her phone suddenly rang. She was searching for it in her bag, afraid that it was her boss fuming in anger. She was so busy searching her phone that she didn’t notice a car about to bump with her, she gripped on the steering wheel, trying to dodge the car and turned left, only to be welcomed by a huge truck.

...

...

...

...

...

Her eyes fluttered open. She looked around her surroundings. She doesn’t know what kind of place she was in. It was like a hospital, but not really like one. It’s somewhere she’d never seen before. She got up only to feel a sting of pain in her hands, she forcefully removed the needles that are connected to an unknown machine and walked to the door.

 

 

The sound of the birds welcomed her ears as soon as she got out of her so-called house. She looked around; she’s wondering why she’s the only person on that place. Where are her parents?

Then reality her, she remembered that she got hit by a truck. ‘So I survived?’ she thought. But that wasn’t what she’s thinking in that minute. She was wondering why she was in this kind of place. And she’s thinking that there is something wrong in this place. So she decided to take a walk to check if there are people in there.

She was amazed that every time she takes a step away from the house, the place is getting cold, more beautiful and somewhat magical.

 

 

Now, she realized that she was in the middle of the forest and she heard that someone is talking or more like singing and it’s getting louder and louder. She saw that it was a man! It was a person! She felt happy knowing the fact that she’s not alone in that place. The man stopped on his tracks when he saw Dara intently staring at him.

“You’re awake?! We thought you’re not gonna wake up that’s why we left you in the small house.” the man said as he made his way towards her.

Dara was puzzled at his statement. What does he mean by that? And he said WE, so that means there are other people in this place, but where are they?

“What do you mean by that?” she finally spoke after drowning in her thoughts.

“Well, you see, you slept for 50 years so we thought you’re already dead but we’re amazed why you’re not rotting.” He explained to her.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. Seriously, 50 years? Who would believe that crap? Tell me, where am I?” she angrily told him.

“Whether you believe me or not, I’m speaking the truth. And you’re here in the last country in the world. For the 50 years you slept, many things happened. We are the only one who survived from all the catastrophes that happened on earth.”  He told her with a serious face.

She can’t believe at his words. Is he really telling the truth?

“Hey, you don’t have to worry. You’re in a safe place now. And I’m Seunghyun by the way.” He said keeping her away from her thoughts.

“I hope so, I’m Dara.” She told him.

 

 

She let him lead the way since he knows the place. He told her stories about what happened on earth for the past 50 years, their new place and kingdom. He told her that their leader or their king is somewhat strict.

 

 

After arriving to his so-called “kingdom”, people started to show up. And the people were creepily staring at her, maybe because they couldn’t believe that she woke up after 50 years of her very deep slumber. She just ignored their stares as she followed Seunghyun, he told her that he would bring her to their king.

 

They went to a huge room and waited for the king for minutes.

A young man about her age went out of nowhere and she looked at him. ‘He’s handsome’ she thought. But she noticed Seunghyun bowing down before him, which made her think. He’s the king. She imitated what Seunghyun did and bowed down as well.

The young man chuckled. She looked at him in amusement. “I see you're awake now. Why did you bow down?” the man spoke.

“Be…cause you’re the king?” she said stuttering.

“Yeah, maybe. But you weren’t sure about that.” He smirked.

“But I saw Seunghyun bowed so I concluded that you are the king.” She answered in a low voice.

“Clever girl. Just call me Jiyong.” He said and gives his charming smile.

“Dara.” She told him and he nodded as he made his way out of the room.

---

As days passed, she was able to cope up with the people. She became close to them especially to Seunghyun and their king. Other people told her that it was their first time seeing the king with a normal person, because as they told her, he always wanted to be alone.

---

One fine day, 2 months after Dara woke up, Jiyong ask his men to take Dara to his place, whilst his men followed immediately.  He waited patiently at her. This is the day he was waiting for. He was going to confess to her. He was practicing what will he say to her.

Right on cue, she appeared before him. He was smiling before her ,while she, on the other hand, was confused at what is happening.

“You’re men said you wanted to see me?” she asked and he nodded.

“I have something important to tell you.” he gulped hard. “I have been loving you since the first day I met you. Will you be mine?”

“I don’t know what to say.” She stated.

“You don’t feel the same too, am I right?” he questioned.

“It’s not that I..” he cut her. “Then why can’t you answer me straightly! You love him, don’t you?” he angrily said.

She didn’t answer and looked down, so he accepted it as yes. “Of all the people you’ll love, why did you choose my brother?!”

She looked up to him, surprised at what he said. “He’s your brother?” she asked.

“Yes, didn’t he tell you? And didn’t you realize that he was the only person that can talk to me freely beside from you?”

That made her thought. Why didn't she notice it before?

“I’ve heard enough of today. I’m tired. I’m going now.”  She was about to go when he grabbed her wrist and forcefully make her face him.

“You’re not going anywhere, princess. I can’t let you go with my brother. You’re only mine.” He gritted his teeth, still not letting her go.

“You’re insane! Let go of me now! I’m going to tell this to Seunghyun.” She bit his hand and he groaned in pain. She ran and ran until darkness took over and she reached an abandoned house.

‘It feels like I’ve been here before’ she thought.

She twisted the dusty door knob and went inside, and saw a creepy forest. ‘What is this place? I thought I went inside a house.’ She thought. She was preoccupied by her thoughts when suddenly someone covered and dragged her in the middle of the forest.

When she turns around, she was welcome by an angry Jiyong.

“Why can’t you let me go?” Dara pleaded.

“I can’t. I just love you too much to let you go. You're the only one who made me feel like this. I can't bear to see you with other man. If you can’t be mine, I can’t let you be with him either, so I’ll just prefer to see you dead than to be happy with my brother and me suffering. Because I know that we’re meant to be together.” He said to her in a serious tone. Then without him noticing it, his hands moved on its own: towards her chest and stabbed her forcefully with anger filling his eyes.

She can’t believe at what he did. She looked at him with tears in her eyes. She can’t believe that the man she once respected and trusted will be the one who will take her life. Her breath is slowly fading and her heart is slowly going down its pace. “We’re going to meet soon, my love.” That was the last sentence she heard from him as death took her life.

...

...

...

...

...

Her eyes fluttered open. She blinked her eyes trying to clear her sight; all she was seeing is white. ’Am I already in heaven?’ she thought.

She looked around the place. She realized that she was in the hospital, the normal one, like the one she used to see.  Suddenly, the door creaked open, revealing her parents that are shocked to see her awake.

“How are you feeling dear?”  Her mom asked.

“I’m feeling well. Why am I here mom?”  She asked, confused.

“You got into an accident and you were in coma in 2 months. We’re glad that you’re finally awake.” Her mom hugged her together with her father. ‘So, me sleeping for 50 years isn’t real? Thank God it’s only a dream’ she thought.

“And oh?!”  Her mom suddenly blurted out. “The man who helped you, I need to tell him that you’re already awake. I’m really thankful that he helped you.”

“I want to see him mom, I want to thank him also.” She smiled at her, as her parents made their way to the door.

 

 

The door creaked open revealing a familiar man. She was shocked to see him, it can’t be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ji..yong?” her eyes widened as he was making his way near her.

 

 

“Hi Dara. Miss me?” he said with a smirk plastered on his lips.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAAAHHHH!! Don't hate me please... I at writing..