The beginning

It's a story!

 

“Haven’t you heard?” Was the commotion that was going round the school that morning. “Haven’t you heard?” 

“Good morning, class.” The teacher greeted them. “How was your holiday?” The class cheered loudly. It was just after winter holidays that morning, the sun shone into the classroom melting the leftover snow from winter. The leaves on the tree starts sprouting and flowers start blooming.

Knock, knock. A girl knocked on the door. “Ah, that reminds me.” The teacher said after looking at the people at the door. “There are going to be new students this year in our class!” The students looked out the door. “Whoa, it’s four girls.” One of the students said. All of them started whispering loudly. “Weird, it’s their last year already. Why do they still transfer school?” Another one said.

“Aish, oppa. Why do we have to switch school?” The girl said. “It’s nearer to home and we don’t have to travel such far a distance to pick you up.” The guy told her. “It’s already my last year already, plus I have the other girls too.” She told him. “Pfft. You guys are sometimes so annoying. I don’t even know why our mothers put us with you.” 

“Yah! Oppa.” The other girl said. “We don’t want to go to this new school. Can’t we just attend the old one?” The hyungs started handing out the girls’ new stuffs, schoolbag, shoes, socks, uniform, timetable as well as textbooks. “I don’t care hyung, you owe me a year worth of ice cream.” Another girl said. 

“Okay okay. Go to sleep now you four. There’s school tomorrow. We will get your books packed according to tomorrow’s timetable.” Another oppa told them. “Annyeong,” The four girls told them.

“New year. New school.” One of the girls mumbled when they arrived at the new school compound. At the same time, their phones vibrated. Good luck! Was what all of them received from their hyungs. “Pfft. Where’s our new classroom anyway?” The other girl asked trying to figure out on the map. “Wasn’t it 02-05-14?” A girl said reading out from the information paper that they were given. “It means building 2, level 5, uhm… room 14?”

“Come in, come in. Don’t be shy.” The teacher called the four girls. “Oh geez, teacher we are not shy. We are just being respectful.” One of the four girls said as she walked in with the rest. “Oh.” The teacher mumbled, “So introduce yourself.” 

“Hai. I go by the name of Splitz. Chocolate, bananas, watermelon, cotton candy.” The girl who told the teacher that they were not shy said. “Uhm, Xin. Hates to be called cute. Strawberries.” The next girl who brought them to the right classroom said. “Jam. Peace out.” She said as she did a peace sign. “Sarra. Loves to play Monopoly.” Said the last girl who complaint when they arrived at the new school compound. 

The teacher then put her hands together after the four girls introduced themselves. “Help yourself to the seats available.” She then said. The four girls started discussing in English. “It’s three seats in the middle, and then one seat right at the back. What should we do?” Xin asked them, whispering softly. Splitz walked up to a guy who seat besides the three seats. “Uhm, do you mind?” Splitz said pointing to the seat behind. The guy nodded his head and started packing his stuff. The rest of them came over and thanked him. He bowed and went to the back seat. The four girls slumped down into their seats and took their pencil cases and textbooks out ready for the first lesson.

“It’s lunch!” Splitz screamed when the bell went off at 1pm. The music teacher gave her a look and left the class. “Jesus.” Jam said when her phone rang all of a sudden. “Oppa?” She spoke into the phone. “Arraso. Annyeong.” She hanged the call after awhile. “So what did he say?” Sarra asked nudging her. 

“Since we’re done with today’s practice, why not call the girls and tell them that we will pick them up after school today?” A guy asked. “Hmm, good idea. It’s their first day of school too.” The other guys said. He then picked up his phone and called his Dongsaeng.

“Dongsaeng ah!” He said when he got through. “Remember to eat your lunch okay? And we will pick you up after school arraso?” He told her. 

“At least this school’s food is much better then our previous,” Splitz said after she took her food. Her tray was filled with pizza, bananas, strawberry yoghurt, chicken salad and a bag of chocolate cookies. “Seriously Splitz, can’t you be healthier?” Jam asked her while she carried two bags of chocolate cookies on her tray. 

“As if yours is healthy,” Sarra said carrying a tray with a plate of chicken salad and a cup of milk. “Let’s go over there and sit since it’s the only empty table” Xin said after she got her lunch, a sandwich and a cup of milk.” The settled down and started eating their food. “Who says you can sit here?” A girl shouted at them shortly after they started eating their lunch. Xin jumped in her seat while Jam choked on her cookies. “It doesn’t even have your name on it!” Splitz shouted back 

The girl went up and stood in front of Splitz. The rest of them quickly stood up and defend Splitz. “It’s on a first come first serve basis.” Xin told the girl. “Shut up, you !” The girl spat at Xin’s face. Sarra quickly took a napkin and help wiped Xin’s face. Tears started falling. Keep calm, Xin told herself. 

“Yah, you stupid ! Why did you spit at my friend?” Splitz shouted at her. The Jam and Sarra quickly got to the front and stood between Splitz and the girl. “Stop it Splitz, we wouldn’t want to be blacklisted on the first day of school.” Sarra whispered to her. Splitz pushed her slightly and walked away. The others follow lead. 

“Splitz, Xin, Sarra and Jam. In my office now!” The principal, who happened to pass by the cafeteria at that moment, said. “Oh jesus, we are so dead.” Sarra whispered as they all walked to the principal’s room. 

All of them were stuck in the principal’s room the rest of their day. “Ugh, I hate this school. Why are there such people here?” Sarra said after the principal left. “Jam, call your hyung to come pick us up now. I don’t want to stay here any longer.” Xin told her.

“Looks like there’s no need to do so now,” Splitz said as she stared out the window. There was some commotion outside when Lee Teuk appeared followed by fangirls behind him. “What! They sent Lee Teuk oppa to pick us up?” Sarra asked. “We are never going to make it home.” Xin said as she shook her head.