Another Stride

Another Stride

 

[A/N: I suggest you play the song first before reading <3 Click link on foreword ^^]
 
 
And at last I'll be coming home. Manager hyung actually surprised me that he would give me a break. Three months or so before the said comeback of the band. It was peculiarly funny because I was only asking for a month. Maybe a month could do, so that I could catch things up, talk to him and say what I wanted to say. And then he'll have a lot of days to think about it. Yes he has to think about it, about this. This situation is like a matter of life and death. Well, life maybe in general. But well they gave me or should I say me and the whole gang a good three months to be a normal person if we could be. So that means I could probably tell this to him and then the rest of the two months, we could just cuddle up the whole day and night and I could wait for his decision. Three months was kind of a good break so to speak. Bottom line, I could come home and I can't wait to see him and tell him.
 
 
"Excited, are we?" Junmyun hyung asks.
"Yes. Very much." I'm coming home.. Wait for me. I was chanting that a hundred times ever since we boarded in this jet plane.
"Hyung?"
"Yes Kai?" Kai was the name given to me by the company and I'm glad nobody would call me by my real name Jongin except for of course him and my family.
"Can you talk to the captain of this jet? Then the talkative hyung eyes me like was I serious.
"What for?"
"About the speed of this jet. Could this jet fly faster? It's almost 5am in Seoul. I need to arrive at home before he wakes up." I need to be the very first thing he'll see in the morning.
Junmyun didn't know whether to laugh or not because they were riding a jet plane for Kai's sake. And it was the fastest jet plane that the company could give them because they need to arrive in Seoul before the whole country does to avoid sasaeng fans once more.
 
 
Soon, the captain announces that around less than 10 minutes we are going to touch down to Seoul. I can't help but to feel more excited and exuberant with the thought that I am finally arriving in Seoul that means I was near my loving home. I was holding that locket he gave me and I can't help but smile. Oh how this person could make my heart flutter. And less than 10 minutes, we arrived in Seoul. I was rushing my way to our manager to get my keys and I walk faster than the others but an arm pats my shoulder. No, not now I am quite in a hurry.
 
 
"I see we're really that excited. Kai, are you really sure with this?” Junmyun hyung just can’t stop asking questions.
"Hyung, I've never been so sure. You practically knew me ever since we're kids. So you should at least know." I look up and I see the dusk sky. The sun’s peeping out a bit. I need to be there, first face to see in the morning, yes.
"Okay then, goodluck!"
"Take care, hyung." 5:45 am, okay let’s do this Jongin.
 
 
Kyungsoo doesn’t know that I’m coming home today. I was so excited that I almost forgot to call him and. Now that’s two surprises in a row. I hope it ends up well.
 
 
5 minutes before 6am. Oh baby, don’t open your eyes just yet.
And there I park my car and ran my into the comfort of our home. I almost slipped in the last step of the stairs. I was catching my breath when a minute before his alarm wakes him up, I grabbed his phone and turned his phone off. Just in time, Jongin. Good job.
 
 
He’s still sleeping, my baby is still sleeping.
I wanted to wake him up but I have no  heart to disturb him when he’s sleeping like this. Just how could you wake up this cute little angel?
He was hugging the pony plushie I gave him during our first anniversary. And I noticed he was sleeping in my side of the bed wearing my shirt and my sweat pants which was obviously too large for his size. My cute little Kyungsoo.
 
“Hmm, miss you Jonginnie.” He mumbles in his sleep. Miss you too Kyungsoo baby.
I wanted to remove the plushie so I can slip myself off and let him hug the real Jongin instead but when I try to pry it from his hold, he hugs the plushie tighter.
“Kyungsoo-ah, do you love that more than me now?” I frown. Me and my selfish attitude towards Kyungsoo.
“Baby pony is mine. Baby pony is my baby. You can’t take it away.” Baby, the real Jongin is here now. Hug me too please?
I kiss his eyes, the tip of his nose and planted a quick peck in those precious plump lips.
“Hmm--” And Kyungsoo murmurs again. I smile because even in his sleep, he is still very responsive.
I brush the hair that covers his eyes and admire the sleeping beauty in front of me. I love you Kyungsoo.
 
 Who would’ve thought that we we’re in our 7th year of being together. 7 years and still counting and will forever count. It was the best 7 years in my life and I would never regret that I met Kyungsoo and like what I said to Junmyun hyung, I have never been so sure. I once again plant a quick peck on those lips and decided that I should just let Kyungsoo sleep.
 
Maybe I should just prepare something before he wakes up? He could be really hungry when he wakes up. I’ll just prepare him a good breakfast. But . I don’t know how to cook. Kyungsoo’s been the one cooking for us when we started living together. I tried to learn but… Okay let’s just say I was not really meant to be a cook. I should ask for someone’s help.
 
I tried calling some members of the band and obviously they were all sleeping since they were all tired. I decided to call my supposed to be older brother who acts like he’s younger than me.
 
Ring~ ring~
 
“Yolo—", What? A gigantic voice answered the line. Okay, that son of a boyfriend of my brother.
“Hey you caveman , why were you the one who answered the phone of my hyung? Where is my brother?”
“Shut up. Everything ByunBaek’s is mine too. Wassup?” I’m not in the mood to fight with you, caveman.
“Sup my . Give the phone to my brother. Can’t stay long on the phone. Hand it to Baek hyung. NOW!” Now caveman, I said NOW.
“What for? He’s in the shower taking a morning bath. He’s just too sore last night.” THE IS HE TELLING ME THIS. He just won’t stop asking me questions.
“I DON’T CARE AND I SAID GIVE THE PHONE TO MY FREAKING BROTHER I NEED HIM NOW!” And I heard Baekhyun hyung ranting why that caveman answered his phone and didn’t gave it to him and why he’s telling me that he was sore last night and some more incoherent babbling. Oh my god I think I phoned the wrong people.
I was about to hung up when Baekhyun hyung spoke.
“Neh, Jongin. Why?” Atlast.
“So hyung, I don’t care why you’re sore. I just need to know something.” I hope he doesn’t laugh.
“Hyung, I kinda needed to know how to..”
“How to?” Silence, I think I should hung  up now, but okay maybe he could provide a little help. “Kai? Still there?”
“I need to know how to cook.” Phew.
And they laugh, why is that caveman laughing as well?? What’s so funny with me asking how to cook?
“Hyung! The were you laughing at? What is so funny?”
“Oh brother, you were like asking me how to burn a house down.” What?!
“Hey, I’m not that bad.” And again they laugh, am I on speakerphone?? The caveman’s voice was roaring with laughter.
“Jongin, you can’t even do perfect in cooking a ramyeon. And you were asking me now how to cook? Okay brother, I know you could really be talented and be really handsome but cooking is not your forte. Leaving you in a kitchen with a gas stove is life threatening.” Baek hyung laughs and I never felt so insulted by my own brother.
“I need to prepare something before Kyungsoo wakes up. Can you tell that hell caveman boyfriend of yours to friggin stop laughing because I will kill him when I see him!” And I actually phoned the wrong people.
“Pancakes are easy but still no. Would you want to burn Kyungsoo?”
“I’m here inside the house so we’ll burn together. Ain’t that sweet now? Dying together?” I grin.
“Oh you’re hopeless Jongin.”
“Fine, I am not cooking then hyung. Bye. And yes I’ll kill that boyfriend of yours when I see him, he just have to wait.” And I hung up. Now I’ll just settle for a breakfast delivery.
 
 
When the breakfast delivery arrives, I prepare the tray and I plann to wake him up if he was still sleeping, breakfast in bed. I check on Kyungsoo and there he was awake talking to pony plushie.
“Good morning baby pony! Had a good sleep?” He hugs and kisses the plushie. Kyungsoo-ah, me too?
“Funny because I thought that bastard kkamjong was here a while ago. I just felt that he was really here.” He touches his lips. And I was really there, silly. But why  is he cursing now?
“He didn’t even call me yesterday after that show. I was watching him pull his acts towards that girl. Is he thinking that I am not watching? Hmp baby pony shall we punish that kkamjong then? Hmm?” And then he laughs. How I love watching him like this.
 
“Punish me Kyungsoo then.” I appear in our bedroom and he was shocked but he looks like he’s not really that happy to see me. Kyungsoo, what’s wrong?
“Jongin! And you are really here? So I was not dreaming a while ago? Why didn’t you wake me up?” His bright orbs were watching me and judging me.
“You were sleeping like a baby I have no heart to wake you. So you were cursing me. What did I do now?” I placed the tray in the bed and try to feed him which he accepts cutely.
 
“You never.. and.. girl.. pictures.” Uhm okay...
“Chew it first baby and swallow. I can’t understand you.” He hits my chest.
“You never called, you were being too cute with that girl in that show and then if you think I am not watching you, I am Mr. Kim Jongin! And come here. Do you think I have no proof how greasy you are. You cheating kkamjong. Phbbt. I have copies of all your pictures from fansites.” Kyungsoo sticks his tongue out and turns his laptop on.
 
 
I look at him while he opens his files and he opened a folder named “ugly people”. Kyungsoo could be really jealous and I love how he could be jealous but there’s no point to be jealous anyway.
“Ugly people?” I giggle and Kyungsoo looks at me and I raise my hands in defeat.
“Because you look ugly with them. Hmp.” And he shows me compiled pictures of me interacting with some girls.
 
“Were you jealous?” I look at him. I hate it when he feels like this. This is what I hate when I'm travelling or doing a show. The fact that sometimes he could be so paranoid.
“Kind of.”
“No need, look at all those pictures. You should see it more than the others.” And I point him that in every photo, I was actually wearing the necklace that he gave me.
“So you were wearing this all the time?”
“Yes, because I love you. Now stop being jealous and eat. We need to go out today.” I feed him and after breakfast, we did a lot of catching up and cuddling and a lot of I love you’s.
 
 
 
 
“Jongin, where are you taking me today?” He asks.
“Hmm, somewhere special. I just felt I need to make it up to you baby and I have a surprise for you.” I  grin.
“Why? Is this about me being jealous this morning?”
“No, not really baby. It’s all good now. I just felt like I need to make it up to you.”
“Oh, okay then.” Just wait Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
We we’re in the car and I played one song and we kept listening to it ever since we started to make our way to one destination.
“Jongin?”
“Hmm?”
“We we’re listening to one song the whole time. Why?” Because it explains something Kyungsoo. I hope you get it.
“The song was good. Right?” He nods and yawns.
“You could sleep, I’ll just wake you up when we’re there already.” And just like a baby, he curls and hugs the pony plushie.
 
 
After the long drive, we finally arrived at the place I planned. This is it Jongin, there’s no turning back.
“Kyungsoo baby, we’re here.” And I wake him up.
And I brought him to a beach.
“A beach?” Are you wondering? I hope you’re ready Kyungsoo.
“Why? It’s a good place to unwind.”
“It is but it’s not like we’re here to unwind, Jongin, do you want to say something?” And of course Kyungsoo can see right through me. He should of course know me. 7 years with me was not bad.
“Hmm, I love you. That’s what I wanna say.” And his eyebrows quirk and he grins.
“I know. Show me our room now. I want to still sleep.”
“Okay, come on.” And I show him to our suite. I was busy unpacking some things and when I checked on Kyungsoo, he’s sleeping. Again.
Good thing he was asleep, I still had some time to prepare. He holds his locket, kisses his cheeks and he marches away. Let’s do this.
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo wakes up and he notices that Jongin wasn’t there but he prepared a note.
 
Lean on, lean on beside me.
Set our, set our minds free
leave everyhing behind,
live a life beyond expectation.
 
 
What is this now all about. He thinks and a knock on the door.
“Junmyun hyung, Jongin is..” And his words were cut off when Junmyun hands him another note.
 
 
“Our destination is one step ahead,
temptation is out of my head
there's no one else but you.”
 
 
Junmyun blindfolds him and drags him out of their suite. What is going on? Where is Jongin? If he sees he was dragged by his Junmyun hyung, he’ll probably get mad. And then suddenly, Junmyun removes his blindfold and Jongin’s brother  gives him another note.
 
“Nothing compares to you.”
 
 
Oh this is the song he was playing in the car. Why. He thinks.
“Hyung, what is this?” He was confused now.
“Take care of my brother Kyungsoo-ah.” Baekhyun winks at him and again he was blindfolded and was dragged to a place.
His heart was thumping really hard. He was nervous and he doesn’t know how to react. Jongin has a lot of explaining to do when I see him. But where is he?
And then suddenly Junmyun and Baekhyun leaves him in a place and the last words he heard is that, “Kyungsoo-ah, goodluck and I hope you guys would be happy.”
“Wait guys, where is Jongin, Hey!” He shouts and he was left there with a blindfold.
 
 
 
And then he hears the song from the car.
 
 
“Prepare, be ready, in no time we’ll get married.”
 
 
Someone removes his blindfold, Jongin.
 
 
 
And there Jongin was standing, looking at him very lovingly in a white suit.
“Hi baby, are you ready?” He grins like a kid.
“Ready?!” Oh this is ridiculous. How come this Jongin could be very handsome and he was wearing a sweat pants.
Jongin takes Kyungsoo’s hands and they ride a hot air balloon.
 
 
“What is this all about Jongin? Why are you looking so dashing handsome while I look like a mess?” Kyungsoo rants.
“Baby, you look perfectly fine to me. Even you’re on sweat pants. I just want to show you this.” And up in the hot air balloon, Jongin
points the words written in the sand.
 
 
“Are you ready, will you marry me?”
 
 
 
Kyungsoo, I don’t know if you’re going to accept this or not. It’s been a good 7 years and I never felt so sure in my life since I met you. You are the best thing that happened to me. I just can’t see myself without you, Kyungsoo. I’d be willing to wait for your answer if you’re not yet ready. Think about this if you’re not ready today. Please. I hope you consider me. If not today then you still have a lot of days. I love you Kyungsoo. I love you so much. Will you marry me?” And Jongin dropped the surprise.
Kyungsoo’s eyes were perfect O and he breaks into tears. He can’t explain all the feelings that he was feeling right now. Well both of them exactly. The man that he loves proposes to him that night. He doesn’t know what Jongin sees in him but he doesn’t care. He knew Jongin loves him and he loves him back. That’s all that matters.
“Jonginnie!” And he hugs his Jongin tight.
“Yes baby?”
“You should’ve told me this. Look at how messed up I look. This isn’t my best look you know.” And he was sobbing so hard. He was so happy.
“No, I just told you you look perfectly fine. Okay.” They were both crying buckets of tears.
“Yes Jongin, yes.” He suddenly blabbers.
“Yes what? You’re going to marry me?” Jongin was then incoherent.
“You just asked me right? So I was answering a yes. Yes Kim Jongin, bastard kkamjong I will marry you and I will make those girls jealous because you are mine.” He hugs him tight again.
The hot air balloon departs and they go down.
Jongin pulls a red box and he kneels down.
“Kyungsoo, I would love to spend my everyday with you. The present and the future.” Jongin gets Kyungsoo’s fingers and slids the ring, the sign of their forever commitment to each other and Kyungsoo cries again once more. The ring perfectly fits his finger.
“Please, don’t cry. This is supposed to be a happy proposal.” He wipes the tears from Kyungsoo’s eyes.
“How could I stop my tears, you’re all loving and just.. I feel so happy Jongin. I just feel lucky and blessed to have someone like you. I love you Jongin.”
 
 
“I love you too Kyungsoo.. So much.”
 
 
 
 
“It’s been many years now it’s time we move on,
Take it to the next level without hesitation.”
 
--END ♥