Life in Korea

Behind The Mask~~

You stepped out of the house ready for your part time jobs. It was early in the morning as you got on your bike and rode to the convenient store your first job in the morning. You and your family moved here after growing up in Los Angeles, your dad had gotten into trouble with some loan sharks. So with that your family picked up and moved to Korea in hopes of creating a fresh start. You were going to stay behind but you could not let your little sister Jinwoo fend for herself, she was only five years old. As the older sister you felt responsible to take care of her. Your relationship with your parents had been destroyed. You no longer trusted them. Their one job was to care for their daughters and they failed. The move to Korea was terrifying. They had visited Korea every once awhile to see family but never imagined living here. 

As you arrived to the store you locked your bike to the rack and ran up the stairs. You opened the doors and saw Kim Sunggyu sitting on the counter. He looked up and his face immediately lit up at the sight of you. "JINHEE-AHHH FEED ME!", he pouted as he spun the swirly chair around. You rolled your eyes as you tied your long black hair in a bun. "Oppa, aegyo doesn't match you!", you threw a bread roll at him from the counter. He laughed and playfully pushed you. 

Sunggyu was your best friend. He was your rock ever since you arrived here in Korea two years ago. He understood your feelings. You had met him one day working at a day care whlie he was dropping off his little cousin off. Sunggyu was a good guy with a even better heart. With that your other mutual friends always wondered why you two weren't dating. They were always nagging you to just make a move. You stepped behind the counter and stared at Sunggyu eating his bread like a starving child. He was taller than you. That was nice. He was defintely not bad to look at with his small adorable eyes, dazzling smile, and toned body. He dressed nicely with his casual look of just a hoodie and jeans. You shook your head. No...Sunggyu was too good to lose. Your friendship was far too precious to lose over a silly thing like a relationship. 

"Jinhee-ah, let's go out tonight!", Sunggyu said as he finished off his bread. You shook your head. You hated going out to parties and clubs. Not really your thing. You'd much rather curl up in your room and read. "Jinhee don't be a party pooper! Please. You need to go out and get some action", he said as he got closer to your face. You blushed.

"I don't need to get action Sunggyu....I'm not a like you!", you said. It was true. You hadn't had a boyfriend since you left California. Even your five year old sister asked why her older sister was single. It's not like you were ugly or had a bad personality. You sighed frustrated and looked up, "Fine. I'll go out. One condition you drive and no drinking!" Sunggyu jumped and hugged you over the counter. "I"ll pick you up at 10pm, dress up!" he yelled over his shoulder as he left the store.

Finally at the end of the day, it was around 9pm and the sky was dark. You casually rode your bike up the alley home and you were mentally thinking about your closet and what you should wear tonight. Suddenly you felt a bump and without warning you fell over. You had hit someone. You quickly picked yourself up and saw a man on his . "I am so sorry sir, are you okay?", you asked. 

"Watch where you are going !", the guy had gotten up dusting himself off. The street light caught his face. He had a stern face, dark black hair, and piercing eyes. He walked away before you can say anything. Whatta a jerk you thought. You picked up your bag and noticed a wallet on the floor. "WAIT!", you yelled realizing it was the man's wallet. But it was too late he had already turned the corner and dissappeared. "Fine," you muttered, "deserve to lose your wallet anyways." You threw it back on the ground until realizing you felt too guilty. You picked it up and opened it to find his ID picture staring back you. Lee Howon, the ID read. You sighed and shoved it in your backpack, having the intention of taking to the police so they could contact this Howon guy. 

You got home and before you parents could say anything you slammed your door to find your little sister on your twin bed swinging her feet off the edge. "Hey Jinwoo-eee!", you gave her a quick kiss. Your sister looked up from the magazine she was flipping through. "UNNIE!", she grabbed onto your sleeve pulling you next to her. "Jinwoo-ah, unnie is gonna go out tonight with Sunggyu oppa. Are you gonna be okay by yourself?" She nodded her head letting her butterfly clips bounce up and down. You smiled and ruffled her hair. "Well then help unnie pick something to wear, yeah?" You both got off the bed and ruffled through your small closer in the corner of your room. Finally you decided on a ruffly off-white lace dress, paired with a teal belt, and matching teal heels with bows. (http://data.whicdn.com/images/32422095/tumblr_m6zs8fx3711rniizlo1_500_large.png). You curled your hair slighty and put on a light make-up. Not wanting to go over the top. You got Jinwoo ready for bed and left. 

Sunggyu was waiting outside of your house. He was leaning against in his car concetrated on his phone screen. He was wearing khakis, nice shoes, a blue blazer, and a white v-neck underneath. You smiled and quitely stood next to him waiting for him to notice you. Surprised he looked next to him and said, "I forget that you clean up nicely. Liking this." You couldn't help but feel self-concious, "Not so bad yourself ajjushi!", you said hitting his shoulder. He laughed, "Get it car before I change my mind." The drive there was quiet except for a few questions here and there. You noticed his eyes travelling down your legs. You blushed covering them best you can. You were going to one of Sunggyu's friend new apartment. You arrived at a tall building and were in awe. You both took the elevator to the top floor and walked down an eleboratly decorated hallway. Arriving at the door someone had already opened the door. The party was already in full-swing. The apartment was beautiful. 

Sunggyu took your hand and led you to some of his friends. "This is Nam Woohyun's apartment." Woohyun stood in front of you and shook your hand. He was cute, goofy, and awfully cheesy. "Yah Sunggyu-hyung you didn't tell me about your pretty girlfriend." Sunggyu didn't respond. He stared at Woohyun laughing as he wrapped an arm around your waist. 

Did he just say girlfriend.....?