Final

I'm drunk as hell on a piano bench (one-shot)

 

“Hyung, why are drinking again?” Chun asked his soulmate as he felt himself getting dizzier by the second.

The eldest of the band had barged into his room earlier that night demanding that they go out right that instant.

Chun just obeyed without asking questions.

Jae was clearly fuming with anger so he didn’t dare do so.

They drank in silence until the younger was sure that the other was relaxed enough to be pried upon.

“Because Yunho’s an f****** ,” Jae replied.

If he wasn’t smiling, Chun would’ve been scared just from his tone.

He had overheard the two eldest arguing from Jae’s solo room, while Min and Su were happily playing video games in their shared one.

Chun was in his workroom trying to compose a song, but was having a musician’s block.

“Do I even have to ask what this is about?” Chun inquired.

“No need. You don’t have to get involved with this, Chun-ah. I’m just glad you’re here,” Jae smiled genuinely this time with a soft look in his eyes as he reached over to squeeze Chun’s hand in comfort.

Chun just sighed and asked his pathetic heart to stop beating so fast.

Jae then let go and continued drinking.

Chun diverted his attention to admiring the decorations around the booth they were sitting in.

They were currently at the VIP section of a fancy restaurant whose owner was Jae’s, and now Chun’s, friend so they didn’t have to worry about this leaking out to the media.

After a half an hour, Jae fell asleep cradling a bottle of alcohol.

Chun smacked his self internally for still feeling that way about him and indulging his hyung when he knew it would just rip him apart to pieces once again.

He choose to do the right thing and that was to call Yun to pick Jae up.

It was after all their fight and not his.

After fifteen minutes, Yun came and thanked him for taking care of the older.

“That’s what soulmates are for, hyung. I really hope you make up soon,” Chun said earnestly as his chest tightened with the way Yun worried for the guy they were both in love with.

Yun nodded and asked, “shall we go?”.

“I’ll stay for a while. You guys go ahead,” the younger just answered.

“Alright then,” their leader replied.

Jae suddenly became semi-conscious and said, “Yoochun-ah! Why are you over there? Come here,”.

Chun laughed and obeyed.

Jae hugged him and whispered into his ear, “I love you, my Yoochun. My precious little dongsaeng,” and giggled afterwards like the drunken man he was.

Chun broke the hug and Yun struggled to bring Jae back home.

As the youngest of the three watching their retreating backs, his left eye shed a tear at the sight.

“They are so perfect. How will I ever compete with that? I am just his precious dongsaeng after all,” Chun thought as he sobbed silently.

He wiped his now streaming tears as he decided to pay their bill.

It was their friend that was at the cashier. He noticed Chun’s sullen expression.

“We recently had a piano placed at this resto, Yoochun. Do you want to play it?” the guy had stated.

At that Chun’s face beamed, “I would love to,”.

The musical instrument was tucked away in a room where it was the only content.

Red velvet decorated the walls, a chandelier hung overhead it, and a sofa was placed near it for the audience.

But Chun took note of none of those since his eyes were only focused on the black splendour that was in the center of the room in all of its Yamaha glory.

“It’s looks grand and expensive,” Chun muttered as he walked towards it.

“It is. I want you to be the first one to play it. It seems like something that you really deserve,” the guy had said as he patted Chun on the back, who had sat on the bench without hesitation.

“I’ll leave it to you then,” the other said as he was leaving the room.

“Thank you,” Chun finally said with a smile on his face.

 “No problem,” the guys said as he disappeared from sight.

Chun closed his eyes and began playing an all too familiar song that he had composed himself and was made complete when all five of their voices was incorporated.

As he reached the chorus, a voice suddenly sang along out of the blue.

추억의 빛깔이 바래졌을때

When the color of our memories has faded,

 

모두 흐려졌을때

when it gets cloudy,


그때 사랑의 맘을 닫아 볼게

That’s when I’ll try to end my feelings of love,


Bye bye bye my love, bye bye bye my love
 

들리니 You Hear Me Now Yeah~

Can you hear me? You hear me now.

 

After that part, Chun stopped playing and the singer spoke up.

“Why are you doing this to yourself, Chun-ah?” it had said with worry evident in its tone.

He didn’t need to turn around to know it was Su.

“Who told you to come?” Chun inquired.

“Yun-hyung,” Su admitted.

“I should’ve known. How’s Jae-hyung?” the older asked.

“He’s sleeping in his room. Yun-hyung’s watching over him while Min’s helping out,” the other replied.

“That’s good then,” Chun shrugged.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Su asked hesitantly as he approached the older.

“Su, I’m drunk as hell on a piano bench. My heart is aching while my head is spinning. I am an incoherent mess,” Chun spoke out while trying to remain calm.

“Why don’t you let it out? I’ll just listen. I promise,” Su said as he hugged the other’s head as he was standing behind him.

“Alright,” Chun sighed as he relaxed and leaned into the embrace.

“Do you know the feeling of not being good enough for the one you like? Of him never noticing and moreover returning your feelings? Of being constantly insecure of yourself since you will never be able to compare to the one everyone approves of to be with him? Of him calling us soulmates and sharing almost everything? Of me being his confidante and crying arms and yet he loves me and yet it’s still not enough? I always pictured my soulmate to be my other half. But his other half is Yunho-hyung. The way he looks at him, smiles at him, cares for him, like how I long to have. Every time I try to forget and get it out of my system he clings to me like he senses it. He will be affectionate to me but at the end of the day he will go back to the other. This f***** hurts! It keeps my hopes up. It tears my heart into a million pieces and I should know better. But I let myself fall and die all over again,” Chun ranted letting out all his frustrations.

“You can’t base your happiness on whether a person likes you or not, Chun-ah. And you have to stop being a masochist. Use your head over your heart!” Su cried out as he hugged the other tighter.

“I break my own heart to move on, Su. I always have. It’s my only way to cope up with things. On the brighter side, sadness makes the greatest love songs,” the older managed to smile as he started tearing up again.

Su felt his own tears well up in his eyes but didn’t want the other to see or hear it.

“Alcohol will not solve the problem either. Apologize to your heart. Stop overworking it. Stop worrying me,” the younger said as he softly punched the top of Chun’s head repeated.

“Alright, I understand. Cut that out,” Chun chuckled as he gripped Su’s hand.

“Let’s go home then?” Su said.

“Thank you for being there, Su. I promise to do better and not let this get in the way of our band’s brotherhood,” Chun assured the younger.

“I will pray for your heart. You deserve a much more romantic love story, Chun-ah. Somewhere out there, your other half is waiting for you guys to meet. It’s just not Jae-hyung. Be positive,” Su comforted.

And so, both got up, thanked the owner one last time and left the place.

“Today I decide that I’m gonna live for myself once and for all,” Chun thought to himself as Su helped him get into the car and drove him back home.

He fell asleep in the car with the glimmer of hope that someone out there was longing to be loved by him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry about this. I’m currently hurting inside and I had to find a way to let it out. D: And the song was 사랑 안녕 사랑 (Love Bye Love) by TVXQ.