Chapter One

Win His Heart - HAITUS

 

Taemin really couldn’t see the appeal in reality shows where the guy (or woman in some cases) was trying to find love. It wasn’t real. How could he (or she) possibly find love like that? The producers pick people based on videos and pictures? He rarely saw a show where they were someone bigger than a size five. It was all fake and everyone knew the contestants just wanted the money.

He scoffed. His best friend, Kibum glared at him, “It really isn’t that bad.”

The younger male stared at his friend as if he were crazy, “It is all fake! You can’t find love on a TV show.”

“Actors find love on the movie screen,” Kibum retorted, grinning ear to ear. Taemin scowled. The other was right actually.

Taemin sighed, “Look, Key hyung, I love you, but you’re an idiot. How could you possibly find this entertaining? Okay, look, he’s making out with this girl now. Five minutes ago, he was with that one other girl. He’s kissed almost every girl.”

Kibum tilted his head at the other, “Well, if you want to get married, don’t you want to make sure your partner can kiss?”

The red head blinked his eyes a few times, “Please tell me you are kidding me?”

“No, I’m beyond serious. Taemin, trust me. It isn’t that bad,” Kibum said, leaning back on the couch. He looked at the kitchen and pointed, “See, now he is really getting to know her. He really cares. I think he’ll choose her.”

Taemin shook his head, “No, he’s going to choose the blonde chick,” he patted Kibum’s arm before getting up and going to kitchen. By the end of the show, The Bachelor did choose the blonde chick. She chose the money. Kibum was sad the rest of the night.

 

 

Minho crossed his legs and glowered at his manager. He had just been in talks with the producers of this big movie, but they told him unless he gets a better image, there is no way he’d get the leading role. They want someone who could talk with fans without throwing a pen at them (Minho commented that it had only been on time and the fan kept poking him with it. He was the victim).

“Okay, Minho, see it like this,” his manager tried, but he closed his mouth for a moment.

“I want this movie.”

His manager nodded, “And you’ll get it. You just need to do one ‘little’ thing,” he replied, motioning with his fingers of how little it was.

The actor gazed at his manager for a minute, “I’m not doing a scandal or making an album. I don’t sing.”

The manager shook his head quickly, “No, no, nothing like that… well…”

“Well,” Minho’s voice was dangerous. His manager cowered, “What did you agree to?”

“U-um, well,” his manager cleared his throat, “You see… the producers of the movie… have a TV show-“

“TV?! Choi Minho doesn’t do TV”

“Choi Minho doesn’t have a choice!” His manager shouted back. Minho was taken aback by the sudden outburst. He sat back in his seat and his manager smiled, “You’ll be the lead!”

Minho tilted his head at that. He liked being the lead in anything really. He narrowed his eyes, “What is it called?”

The manager seemed to get nervous again, “F-flames of Love.”

The actor nodded his head a few times, thinking about the title, “Sounds like a good drama. Who will my love interest?”

“T-that’s the thing… you won’t just have one…”

“Ah, love triangle? What? Lost love gone wrong? Oh, popular girl wants the popular guy, but he wants the nerd? Sounds interesting,” Minho replied, chuckling in thought. His manager shook his head. Minho was really confused now. “I’m confused. Are they doing a gay drama now? I know I said I’m biual, but I never thought I’d be the first guy in a gay drama in Korea. This is exciting.”

“Stop talking,” his manager sighed. He couldn’t take much more of this, “Minho… Flames of Love is a reality show. You’re going to the bachelor and you’ll have six men and six women trying to win your heart.”

Minho blinked a few times before he put his face in his hands. His manager backed away. Minho often did things like that when he was angry. Minho lifted his head and his manager squeaked. It was moments like this why he remember why Minho was called ‘Flaming’ Charisma. If looks could kill, he thought.

 

Taemin was flipping through the channels while he munched on some popcorn. There was nothing on TV at all. He ended up watching some show where women tell this guy that some dude is the father of her kid or where cheating couples go to talk it out (or more like beat the crap out of each other).

Commercials came on something caught Taemin’s attention. He recognized the guy on screen as Kim Jonghyun, the singer. Kibum worshipped the ground he walked on. Even though Kibum was a twenty-two year old guy, he acted like a fifteen year old girl. He had pictures of the guy plastered all over his room. He was attractive, but not enough to be obsessed over.

Have you ever dreamed of being with Choi Minho?” Taemin shook his head, frowning at the screen as the actor’s smiling face on the screen. “Well, six lucky women and six lucky men will get the chance.

Taemin stared at the faces of the desperate people who were going to be on the show. He chuckled as he took a sip of his drink, but he spit it all over the floor and table when he saw Kibum’s face grace the screen. He stared for a few moments until he saw something very scary.

His face graced the screen.

He paused the TV and stared at his picture. How did they get his picture? He didn’t sign up for the show. Then it hit him. Kibum’s face was on it and the other had been playing a lot of those shows recently trying to get Taemin to like them.

It was Kibum’s fault.

“KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!”

 

 

Minho sighed as he looked at the pictures. The women were beautiful and the guys were handsome (some were even prettier than the girls), but he wasn’t interested in any of them. He rolled his eyes and pushed the pictures away.

He glanced around the room. Everyone was getting ready for the press conference for the show. He caught sight of one of the interns, “Yah, you… come here…”

The girl glanced up and scurried over, “Yes, Minho-ssi?”

“I want water,” Minho said with a small yawn.

“Oh, yes-“

“Spring… water… not any of the plastic bottle crap. I want it in a glass with ice. Exactly four cubes of ice,” Minho ordered with a sigh. He lifted his hand and shooed the other away.

The girl blinked a few times, “Wait, you’re serious?”

Minho looked at the girl and made a face, “Do I look like I’m kidding?”

The intern looked away, “N-no… I shall go now,” she replied, bowing. She turned away and started walking, mumbling ‘’ under her breath. The actor heard it and stared in disbelief. Choi Minho, an ? As if.

He caught sight of the producer and writer talking and he called them over. They both looked at him, “Yah, you need to hire better help. Your intern is extremely rude.”

The producer raised an eyebrow, “You mean, Malkom? What did you do? Are you being mean to her? Yah, what did you do?”

“We could easily fire you from the show and you won’t get your movie. Be good Let’s go, Sunny,” the writer scowled. She grabbed the producer’s arm, pulling her away. “Read your lines well. I’m amazing and everything I write is gold!”

Minho stared after the two women in confusion. He really didn’t like Sungyo at all. He pushed the thought of them away and glanced back at the pictures. He looked through them, mumbling to himself, “Looks like a girl… too blonde… really? I think she’s that chick who is stalking me… no, no, no, no, no, ugh.”

“Yah,” Jonghyun chuckled as he walked over. He took a seat next to the other, “I wish I could be the bachelor. I’d love this. Oh, she’s pretty- Oh, that’s a guy… damn.”

The actor punched his friend’s arm, “Why can’t I be the host? This is stupid. I shouldn’t have to degrade myself to reality TV to get a spot in a movie.”

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders, “Look at it this way, at the end of the show, you’ll have the movie with a large paycheck and maybe a little something on the side. If I were you, I’d enjoy it. Who knows, you may find love.”

Minho touched his friend’s shoulder, “Who knows, if I’m lucky, you’d be gone.”

“Rude,” Jonghyun pouted before standing up. The intern was back. Jonghyun smiled and patted her head, “You make me feel tall,” he said before walking away.

Malkom scowled before dropping Minho’s glass on the table before running away. Minho stared at the girl before picking up the glass. He took a sip and spat it out, “This is vinegar! YAH!”

 

 

Kibum held up a pillow as he guarded himself against the flying objects Taemin had begun throwing at him. He preferred this then the head lock. Taemin had really screwed up his hair.

“T-tae, come on. It’ll be fun!”

“FUN?!” Taemin started throwing more things. Kibum whined and ran behind a wall, “YAH! Come back here!”

Kibum yelled at the other, “There is a cash prize! 1.4 billion won!”

Taemin stopped and stared wide eyed, “1-1.4 billion? T-that is like 1 million in American money… I could pay off college… and move out-“

“Move out?” Kibum whined, glancing around the corner. He nearly dodged a plastic cup being thrown at him, “Tae… please. You don’t have to fall in love with the guy. If you really want, get yourself kicked out the first week, but… it’ll be fun”

The younger male held onto the stuffed animal he was about to throw and thought to himself for a minute. 1.4 billion was a lot of money that Taemin didn’t have, but really really wanted. He was starting to think that if he could get through to the end and win all the money. He could be really charming if he wanted to be.

“Alright…”

Kibum peeked around the corner and tilted his head, “Alright?”

Taemin nodded his head, “I’ll do it, but if he tries to kiss me, I’ll kick him in the balls.”

The older male came out behind the wall and clapped his hands excitingly, “Are you serious?”

The other nodded his head, “Mm, I’ll do,” he picked up another object and threw it at Kibum who squealed, “I’m still pissed.”

author’s note;

 

Few things; Taemin is watching Maury, me/malkom/sunny will be in and out of the fic constantly, yes I am amazing and everything I write it gold. 1.4 billion is close enough to 1 million in American money. Malkom told me that, so if I’m wrong, it is her fault. Also, Malkom, see~ Minho interaction =w=

Anyways, I hope you like this so far. I may update once more, but we will just have to see. I’m updating Take Me Away and then work on this.

So the drama is going to begin in the next episode… chapter =w=

Remember to comment and subscribe! <3

 

©sungyo2012