Getting Stabbed, Losing Blood and Waking Up

I Broke My Nail Shooting that Man

The night air was cool, and a soft breeze fondled my face. I saw Joon and Dara already there and I ran over to them to say ‘hi’. We talked and laughed and to the outside world we were just three genetically blessed teenagers having fun. The signal we were waiting for was just T.O.P. walking through the park towards the ‘toilet’. Eight o’clock sharp he walked across the park, took out a gun and shot.

The moment the first bullet flew we all got into action. The whole set-up only took two seconds, but within the two seconds, millions of things happened. I was on the attack line – as in, the high-kick in the chin, knee in the groin kind of thing. The thing was, there were thirty men to protect him and only twenty-one of us. And the thirty were all very proficient in martial arts. Not to mention incredibly buff and big as well. We took them on anyway. The only upper-hand we had was the fact that they had underestimated us. Just because we were female didn’t mean we weren’t just as strong or stronger. And they’d underestimated all of us because we looked young. Sure, young people had more stamina and strength, but they usually didn’t have that much technique.

Oh, in their dreams.

I high-kicked one in the chin, hearing it crack. I grinned. One down, twenty-nine to go. I was just about to turn away, however, when a hand grabbed my ankle, making me fall and scrape my chin. Oh great. I whipped around, swinging my hand in a circle. I looked at the face of the person and realisation hit. It was the same guy whose chin I’d broken just seconds ago. That was definitely not normal, and definitely someone that either was a monster or had amazing willpower.

Oh god, I groaned. This was bad. I wanted to warn the others, but they were all busy with their fights. Instead, I fought two at a time, dodging and swerving their attacks. I punched the same guy in the place-where-the-sun-doesn’t-shine, and he went down. I looked at him for a second. Yes, he was really down.

“Next time you hurt me, I’ll actually kick you so hard you’ll never be able to have babies again, okay? So do not, I repeat, mess with me or my friends.” I said, turning around and pausing. “Or you’re so dead.” It was a simple four words, but I’m sure he understood sufficiently that he wouldn’t mess with us again. Not that it was his fault, anyway. The second guy had been down for a the second it took me to kick the other guy and now he was lurching towards me. I ran towards him as fast as I could, but at the last second I dodged out of the way. He was grabbing at thin air and then fell.

I laughed. “Gorilla.” I said, then kicked him when he was down. When he fell, he hit his head and was partially knocked out. Funny. I laughed one hard, bitter laugh. He coughed up blood, then turned his head to me.

“Who…” He muttered, “are you?” He said.

I turned back to him. “Me?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. “I’m Fleur.”

His eyes widened. “F…f…fleur… it’s not… not… so bad… if I was… beaten by… Fleur.” He said.

He closed his eyes. I rolled my eyes. Dramatic, much? He only hit his head so much to feel dizzy, but well whatever. I turned my head back to the fight.

The guards had seemingly figured out who was lacking in what aspects. Taemin had been fighting three to one. Two guards were looking for Thunder, who was slipping around in the darkness, randomly striking out.

G.NA-unnie was fighting one-on-one with a very tough looking member. Seungri, Jo Kwon, Dongwoon and Mir were fighting off seven who looked very imposing.

Joon was working with Key and Onew to take out guards. So far they’d taken out five. Nickhun and Victoria were working as a couple, and Victoria was a force to be reckoned with. She spun and kicked, and Nickhun was by her side striking the final blow. T.O.P. and G-Dragon were doing incredibly well, shooting them down. Not with bullets that could kill them, but with bullets infused with a liquid that could induce sleep and amnesia. Them I looked around again. Bom-unnie and Dara-unnie were missing. Then I spotted them. They’d been cornered by three incredibly strong guys. One held a knife behind his back.

I ran as fast as I could. No, no! I shouted silently in my mind. God, please, please, if you’re listening, please, please don’t let them hurt my friends. I ran and ran, then at the last second jumped and aimed a flying kick at at the middle one’s head.

One down, two to go.

I fought with one, then I yelled out for the two to run. Now I knew why they’d been cornered. Bom had been stabbed. Not lethally, but it was enough for her to pass out, and Dara had her arm over her shoulder.

I was fighting an intense battle with one of the guards, and momentarily forgot about the other guard. My mistake. I felt a searing pain in my arm and looked at it. A deep cut was bleeding profusely on my underarm.

Crap, I thought. The underarm was not a good place to get cuts. I jumped onto a nearby tree and then ribbed off the bottom of my t-shirt, wrapped it tightly around my cut to stop the bleeding and then jumped down again. But it was no use, I was still bleeding to heavily. I felt weak, but I wasn’t going to let that stop me.

I rolled my neck around and felt faint.

One of the guards laughed. “Is this all the almighty Fleur is capable of?”

The other guard eyed me hungrily.

“She’s kind of pretty. Maybe we’ll take her back and play with her, eh?”

There must’ve been a hidden signal, though I missed it, but the next second they were both rushing towards me.

No hesistation. No conscience, even.

I held up a defensive stance, though I knew it would be me who’d probably lose. There were two of them, not injured, and then there was me, injured and bleeding profusely.

Time seemed to move slowly. The drip-drip of my blood accentuated each step the guards took towards me.  I saw a glint of silver, felt burning in my stomach.

But just as they were one step away from me, they stopped as suddenly as they’d started. They fell forward, and then I realised why they’d fallen.

In the base of the neck they’d each had a knife thrown. It’d pierced their windpipe, instantly killing them.

I looked behind them to see Taemin’s shadowy outline, before seeing black and passing out completely.

-----------------Headquarters-----------------

I woke up to mumbling voices. I opened my eyes, but they were groggy and I couldn’t see things clearly. Everything was a blur of colour and shapes. I did find one distinct voices though.

“Noona, no. You can’t tell her. Not when her condition is like this.” That was Taemin’s voice. Definitely.

“Tae, I need to see her! You, of all people should know! She’s the only living family I have!” Living family? I don’t have any family left. They all left me to face this cruel world on my own.

“Noona, no means no. You’ll overload her. Her health is the most important thing to both of us, right? You can tell her in time, but right now’s not the right time.” Tae again.

“Tae…” Sobs were heard, “Tae, you don’t know how hard I’ve searched for her. The only reason I became an idol was because I thought that if I was famous she’d see my face and come search for me. You don’t understand! You don’t understand how much it hurts when your own sister doesn’t remember you.” Sister? Was she talking about me? I didn’t have a sister, though.

I was about to voice my opinion until the beeping in the machine grew louder.

Tae rushed in.

“Micha.” Relief flooded his face. “You’re awake.”

I made a face. What was I, a little baby?

“Do you know who I am?”  He asked, pointing to himself.

“Lee Taemin, I lost a lot of blood, not my memory!” I said, weakly defending myself.

He laughed weakly.

“Actually, you have visitors. Come on in, guys.” He said. The whole team, Joon, Victoria-unnie and Sulli filed in.

“Get better soon!” They all said in unison.   

“Thanks guys.” I weakly smiled. The blood loss had been significant.

“How’d I lose so much blood, Tae? I don’t remember much.”  I said. It was true. I didn’t remember anything about why’d I’d lost so much blood.

“Micha... Micha… you got… got… stabbed.” He said.

I laughed. “Impossible.”

“Look… at your stomach.” He said, unconsciously touching his stomach as well.

I lifted up my shirt and it revealed a huge bandage, stained red with blood.

“The… the wound was fatal, Micha. We’re lucky to still have you with us. The bleeding still hasn’t stopped, though, so you can’t move around.”

“But – how?” I asked. I was stumped.

“You fought off the two that had been cornering Bom-noona and Dara-noona. You fought them, but there were two of them and one of you. They threw the knife at you, and it hit your stomach. Then you fainted.” I knew there was more, though, so I pushed.

“What happened to them? What about the mission?” I asked, anxious.

“They’re… they’re… they’re dead. Every last one of them.” He said, his eyes steeling.

I flinched involuntarily. Tae was the only one who could take me on in a fight. The only one stronger than me. The only one able to kill all of them was him. Which means….

“Tae! You killed all of them?” I asked, incredulous.

He nodded slowly.

“Why? You could’ve finished the mission and left! You didn’t have to do this!” I said, trying to get up but failing miserably.

“Because they hurt you. No-one hurts you, not if I can help it. Micha, I would’ve taken that knife for you if I was there, and it’s my fault you were hurt…” His shoulders shuddered a bit, but he didn’t cry. Tae didn’t really cry. He only cried in the scripted performances. I’d made a bet with him before.

“Hey Tae, do you remember that bet from… ages ago?” I said, trying to make him forget.

He smiled. Good, forgotten. “Yep. That was a funny bet.”

“Tell me it again, I kind of forgot.” I said.

“The day I cry for a girl is the day that I’ll have found my soul mate.” He said.

I smiled. “That’s the one.”

“Tae… remember the bet you made me?”

“…Yes.”

“Tell me the bet again.” I said. I didn’t forget at all, but I liked hearing it again, and especially when Tae said it.

“The day you listen to a guy telling you to stop fighting and you do, then you’ve found your soul mate.”

“Stupid bet.” I said, sticking my tongue out.

The only reason these were the bets were because they were things that we never did. So if we did do it, that means that it’s true.

Which is kind of silly, but I like it.

“So Tae, have you cried for a girl yet?” I asked, craning forward a bit.

I waited nervously. Tae was my best friend. What if he just left me to go with his girl? He was Lee Taemin, for heaven’s sake, every girl would want him.

The awkward silence was so thick I could probably swim through it. I waited and waited for what felt like an eternity, but was probably only two minutes.

“Yes. Yes, Micha, I have.”