Chapter 24

Going Insane

Ilhoon's POV

The car ride took forever. But we finally arrived in front of the building.  The sun had disappeared on the horizon and the moon was now shining.  It looked like everyone had already gone home to their familes.  It was dark and I had an eerie feeling coming up.  I knew this was a bad idea.

"Hyung, how come we won't call the police?" I asked.  

"You know Minhyuk.  It's almost impossible for them to catch him.  If they could, we would've called them a long time ago." Jonghyun replied.

"Fine, but I really don't think this is a good idea."

"Would you rather have Kayeon suffer?" Sungjae added. Immediately I shook my head. "Then let's go."

"Araso..."  I agreed while Minho and Hyunsik kicked down the door.  The room was empty and there was only one light bulb aluminated the room on its own.  In the far corner, you could see that there were two figures.  I guessed Changsub found the light switch cause all the lights switched on.  Almost all of us gasped at the sight that we saw.  The two figures were Minhyuk and Kayeon, but what shocked us were that they were in each other's arms, liplocking.

"Yah! Let go of her." We yelled. Minhyuk pulled away and Kayeon was blinking her eyes to adjust to the lights.

"So you guys actually showed up." Minhyuk scoffed and pulled Kayeon behind her.  Her eyes were staring at us but it looked like she was spacing out.

"Kayeon-ah! Come here!" Baro called. Kayeon didn't even respond. 

"Kayeonnie?" Taemin called again.  She still didn't respond.

"Kayeon is mine now.  Aren't you sweetie?" Minhyuk said and looked toward her.

"Neh, I belong to Minhyuk Oppa." Kayeon said montonously.

"What did you do to her?!" Key shouted.

"I did nothing, but it's time for you to leave." Minhyuk snapped and a several guys appeared. "Take them out." 

The guys were ready to fight and so were we.  But Minhyuk walked away with Kayeon.  Minhyuk whispered something in Kayeon's ear and she started walking away, toward another room.  I noticed Sungjae was chasing after her but the goons that Minhyuk had blocked his way.

"Go after her, we'll keep them busy." Eunkwang ordered.  Sungjae nodded and ran past them.

 

Minhyuk's POV

I finally have Kayeon.  Not the way I wanted it to be but she's still mine.  I told Kayeon to leave the room while I dealt with the idiots that interfered.  I had a few gangs from downtown to help me out.  I turned around and noticed Sungjae running straight for me.  I side stepped and he lost his balance.

"You're fighting for her aren't you?" I teasingly asked.

"You know I would.  At least she loved me for real while yours is just an obsession." He shot back. I was fuming and threw a punch at his face.  He stumbled back. "You know I'm right, don't you?" He smirked.

"At least she chose me over you."

"Lies! You did something to her!!!"

"So? She's still mine isn't she.  I'll just eliminate you all until I have her all to myself."  I said and threw another punch.  Sungjae swiftly dodged and threw a punch that landed on my right cheek.  I heard something crack and I kicked my right leg toward Sungjae's foot.  He lost his footing and fell on the ground.  I placed my foot on his chest and he was already out of breath. "Pabo. Did you really think you can beat me?  I'm your worst nightmare." I spat.  I pulled out my swiss knife and kneeled down beside him. "You're done." 

I was about to pulled down my arm but he was resisting.  He was trying to fight back.

"I'll fight back for Kayeon.  You don't deserve her!" Sungjae yelled. In a minute, I was under Sungjae and the knife flew toward the wall. "Kayeon deserves someone who would understand her and allow her to be free." 

"I'll do just that! She needs me and I need her!"

"Liar! She needs the ones who really love her!" Sungjae spat. He was frustrating me even more.  I flipped him off and ran toward the knife.  In a swift movement, I had gotten the knife back in my hand and running towards Sungjae.  Except, he ducked at the last minute and knocked me down to my feet.  He kicked me in the stomach and let out a painful groan.  The knife was still in my hand and I quickly slashed his legs.  His knees buckled and he collasped next to me.

"You're pathetic.  You need to know when things are over." I said and tried to stab him again but his arm was holding me back.

"I'm not the pathetic one.  You're the one who chased after a girl you had no chances with for most of your life.  Grow up!" He shot back.  I put more strength in my arm and the knife was coming closer to his chest.

"Hyung! Sungjae needs help!" I heard Ilhoon yell.

"I'm on it." Jonghyun was coming straight at me and kicked me off of Sungjae. "Give it a rest Minhyuk-ah.  You're out numbered."

"Never, Kayeon's mine and only mine!  If I can't have her, no one can!" I shouted. "Kayeon-ah!" 

Kayeon appeared out of the shadows and came in my arms.

"Yes Minhyuk Oppa?" She called before placing a soft kiss on my lips.  It was all I needed to gain my strength back.  Sungjae got up to his feet, but he was struggling from the cuts.

"Kayeonnie! Don't you recognize me? It's me Sungjae!" He called.

"Mianhae, I only know Minhyuk Oppa." She said and a disappointed look fell on Sungjae's face.

"I told you.  Kayeon's mine!" I yelled and I finally threw the knife directly at Sungjae.

"Sungjae, NO!" Jonghyun yelled but one of my goons held him back.  The knife cut into his chest and he fell back on the ground. I turned my head toward Kayeon and cupped her face.  I placed my lips against her.  She was kissing me back until she heard everyone yelling Sungjae's name.  Her eyes were fluttering open and when she realized it was me, she started to struggling.  I finally let go and I felt a loud slap against my cheek.  She turned towards Sungjae's direction and I noticed tears were forming.  My illusion broke into a million pieces.  

 

Kayeon's POV

I woke up to when I heard cries for Sungjae.  I felt something on my lips and cheeks.  I opened my eyes and tried to clear my vision.  I realized it was Minhyuk and I was struggling against him.  When he finally let me go, I left a huge red mark across his left cheek.  I turned my head around to figure out where I was but then I noticed Sungjae, bleeding to death on the floor.

"SUNGJAE-AH!" I screamed and left Minhyuk crumpling to the the floor and knelt beside Sungjae.  "Sungjae-ah, you have to fight.  Please don't go!" 

"Annyeong Kayeonnie." Sungjae smiled. "You're back."

"I never left pabo." I cried.  The world seemed to stop.  The fighting paused and everyone in the room was looking at us in pity. "You're not suppose to die."

"Time has come. Kayeon, you know I love you and always will."

"Don't talk like you're going to die."

"Araso.  But can I ask for a kiss?" He pleaded and his eyes were getting watery but everything seemed blurry to me.  I tilted my head and leaned toward his.  When our lips met, the same sparks were there.  His hand touched my hair but his grip wasn't there long.  His hand fell back to his side and Ilhoon and Peniel ran toward us.

"Yah, Yook Sungjae! You better not die on us.  You're going to be okay!" Ilhoon said shaking Sungjae's body.

"Sungjae! Ireona! Don't leave us!" Peniel yelled.

"Oppa, he's gone." I cried.

"Shireo, he's just resting." Ilhoon denied. "My chingu is still here." 

"Oppa, get a hold of yourself! He's gone. He's with Umma and Appa now." I yelled. Ilhoon stood up on his feet and stomped over to Minhyuk.  He picked him up by his collar.

"This is all your fault! You killed everyone we loved! Are you happy now?" Ilhoon shook Minhyuk angerly.  Sirens were heard from the distance and the goons that Minhyuk had ran away.  Everyone was in tears.  We all grew closer but one was now gone.  Ilhoon threw Minhyuk to the floor.

"Oppa, calm down!" I cried and pulled him away.

"It's your fault too! If you weren't born, none of this would have happened!" Ilhoon yelled at me and I froze.

"Yah! Jung Ilhoon!" Jinyoung yelled.

"Is that what you really think?" I whispered.

"No, Kayeon. I'm sorry, I really didn't mean it." Ilhoon tried to reasoned.

"Whatever. I know when I'm not wanted." I cried and ran out of the building.  The police came in and so did the paramedics.  I was sitting in one of the ambulances and I saw two paramedics carry Sungjae's body away.  Ilhoon was behind Jinyoung.  Jonghyun and Eunkwang were explainning the situation to the cops.  Minhyuk was dragged away in the police car.  Nothing was the same after that day, especially with Ilhoon.

About a month later, Ilhoon finally decided to confront me.

"Kayeon-ah?" Ilhoon knocked on my roomdoor.

"Go away."

"I want to talk."

"I have nothing to say to you."

"I'm sorry Kayeon-ah.  I really didn't mean it. You would understand if you were in my shoes.  You lost your best friend and our parents.  You know how its like."

"Whatever.  Just leave me alone." I yelled.  I heard Ilhoon sigh and walk away.  I noticed a little note on my window.

Forgive him.
It's not good for siblings to fight.
-Umma, Appla, Hyunhee, Sungjae

They were watching over us and my tears were forming.  It wasn't fair how they all died from one person and it was because of me.  Ilhoon was right, I shouldn't be born.  I should disappear just like they did.  I went into my bathroom and closed the door.  I cut my wrists waiting for the end.  The world was getting darker until I hit the ground.

 

Jinyoung's POV

I heard a thud from the upstairs bathroom.

"Ilhoon, did you do that?" I called.

"I'm in the kitchen hyung." Ilhoon replied and appeared from the kitchen. Then I realized it was Kayeon.  I rushed up the stairs and broke down Kayeon's door.  I tried opening her bathroom door but it was stuck.

"Ilhoon, call 119! NOW!" I said and broke down her door again.  I found her in a puddle of her own blood. "Aish, pabo-yah.  Are you that sad about the deaths and what Ilhoon said?"

"They're on their way!" Ilhoon called from the hallway.  What happened?" Ilhoon asked and when he walked in, he froze.  "It's my fault isn't it?  I know it is."

"Let's just make sure she's okay first." I warned and I heard sirens in the distant.  I told Ilhoon to go lead them up here and I handed Kayeon to the paramedics. 

We were in the hospitial and the doctor told us she would be okay.  She was awake in the ward.

"Kayeon-ah! Are you an idiot?! Why would you do that? Sungjae, Umma, Appa, and Hyunhee all fought for you and this is how you repay them.  Live your life for them." I yelled at her.

"Araso." She muttered. "Where's Ilhoon oppa?"

"He's outside.  He thought you wouldn't want to see him."

"Can you bring him in?" She asked and I nodded.  Ilhoon walked in, not daring to make eye contact.

"I'm sorry Kayeonnie." Ilhoon started.

"I forgive you." She whispered.

"Chinja?"

"Afterall siblings shouldn't fight." She smiled and looked out the window.  I knew she was thinking of everyone.  It was a new beginning for all of us.  At least that's what it all felt like.