...

Untitled

It’s always a tradition to come home from a late night of dance rehearsals and practice and just sit and watch television together after whatever they manage to eat for dinner.  The boys would stretch their tired limbs on the couch or the floor and enjoyed whatever was on. Minho usually sat by Taemin’s feet; Jonghyun never committed to one spot. Key by the end to enjoy the extra arm space; and Jinki always sat at the other end. He enjoyed being able to rest his arm on the armrest and pull his legs up on the couch. He got comfy and sometimes he got too comfy that he fell asleep.

            They always broke off into their respective pairs. Minho, Key and Taemin would stick together mostly, leaving Jonghyun and Jinki. They’re both are older than the others and enjoy spending time together. They just clicked and they had formed an odd type of bond. They took to each other and looked out for one another. So when it came to a grueling day of rehearsals and learning new choreography they would keep the other company while everyone else did their own things.

            Today was no different. After a hard day of learning new choreography and seeing stylists and working their schedules everyone came back tired.  As soon as they all got into the door Minho, Taemin and Key all dispersed. Key decided to be the first to shower and Taemin and Minho decided to go to their rooms and try to stay awake until the bathroom was free.  Jinki was the only one who wondered into the kitchen to kill time.  Getting himself a glass of water and heading to the living room to watch tv.  He was surprised to see the tv’s glow already illuminating the whole room.  Jonghyun stared at the tv, cozied up into Jinki’s spot just like he liked to sit, feet up and his hand holding up his head while the other laid lazily on his lap fumbling with the buttons on the control remote. 

            “You’re in my spot…”  Jinki took a sip of his water and gave him a look from above the glass’s rim. The younger simply scoffed,  and looked up at his hyung in disbelief leaving the hand he was propped up on in a limp position. 

            “Come on Jinki Just sit on the floor if this is your favorite angle or something.” He said dismissingly his attention back on the tv.  The other set his water on the coffee table and sat by Jonghyun’s feet. He was too tired to argue so he settled for just annoying him a little.   He just had to get comfortable first.

            He scratched his neck against the edge of the couch, his hair ruffling up against Jonghyun’s leg.  He stretched his arms above his head and yawned; he leaned into the couch hitting Jonghyun’s knees a little with his head; nudging him almost.  He shifted on his , the floor was already making it numb, and with every move and attempt to get comfortable Jonghyun got annoyed.  “GET ON THE COUCH GEEZE”

             VICTORY, Jinki smirked as he got up and rightfully claimed his spot back from the shorter man.  The seat was warm and he didn’t know how to quite feel about that, it was better than having to feel the chill of the leather he had to say…  Jonghyun hit his head against Jinki’s knees to get slight revenge.

            “Don’t be mad...” He laughed. No one else had joined the boys, the room was quiet and the others had probably already fallen asleep. It had only been a few minutes into another episode of some odd drama,  he hadn’t really been paying attention to, when the Jonghyun leaned his head back against his Hyung’s knees. Rubbing his head against his knees until Jinki ruffled his hair. Jonghyun’s hair was starting to get long and the ends tickled his skin. He ran his fingers along the chocolate locks and the younger only relaxed into the touch.  He felt circles and swirls being traced along his scalp, it tickled, and he felt like every nerve on his head relaxed a bit. He like having his hair played with, it was relaxing and it wasn’t often that anyone ever did it.  He felt the patterns stop and long fingers run through his hair, fingernails barely scraping his scalp, only to have his hair be combed through roots to ends.  It felt like when the stylist trims the ends on the top of his hair, pulling it to observe and cut more with precision.   He sighed as he felt Jinki’s fingers rake along the sides, his hair shorter on the side it tickled Jinki more than it did Jonghyun and suddenly it stopped, a simple pat on the head causing him look back at Jinki, body still facing the tv.  He pressed his haid against jinki’s knee’s and got a chuckle from the other.

            “Hmm?” echoed from above him. He rubbed his head against his legs, like a dog who wanted to be pet.

            “You want me to play with your hair more?” again that soft chuckle and his fingers traced crop-circles along his head. Every turn and Jonghyun would move his head slightly with Jinki’s finger.   He was relaxed and putty in the other’s hands.  He groaned when Jinki’s hand stopped again and the tv light had suddenly turned off.  He looked up to see a tired smiling face and had arms slowly wrap themselves around him.

            “Lets get to bed, I’ll play with your hair until you fall asleep.”