2/2

Forevermore

{2/2}

 

 

Kibum and Jinki get married a few days later when Kibum was alloted time away from the hospital for three days. It wasn't extravagant, there weren't many guest. Just their parents, the five of them, and some close friends. 

 

Lee Joon was the best man, playfully smacking Jinki's shoulder when they were waiting for Kibum, "You did it man. Congrats." 

 

Dressed in a white tux, Kibum is lead by his parents down the aisle, where Jinki is standing there very sharp and dashing. 

 

"He's a keeper," Kibum's mother commented in her accent, which makes Kibum blush and laugh at the same time, "You have good taste, Bummie." 

 

"Umma," Kibum whines.

 

"What? I was just saying aren't I right appa?" She giggles and Kibum's father smile at the both of them. 

 

"He is," Kibum's father approves. 

 

Kibum is handed to Jinki in which he wraps his arms around his, "You're gorgeous." 

 

Kibum chuckles weakly, "I can say the same to you." 

 

They exchange vows, promising to be there for each other, to love each other and to never leave each other for the better or for the worse. 

 

They share a kiss. A kiss of promise, a kiss of protection. Everyone in the church stands and claps for the newly weds, the members of SHINee howling. The couple laughs out loud at the silliness and it was in these moments that Kibum felt so alive, more than he could have ever been. 

 

The minister the weds them thinks that it's the most beautiful wedding he'd ever done. 

 

And the guests couldn't agree more. 

 


In the sixth month of their marriage Kibum asks Jinki for permission to stay in their house, which Jinki graciously bought, instead of staying in the hospital. Jinki, at first was hesitant, but Kibum promised to take his medications and to regularly visit the hospital. 

 

Kibum loves sleeping next to Onew, loves to wake up right next to his handsome angel. It's what Kibum wanted for the remaining months. 

 

Jinki still complies with his promise of reading all the books in Kibum's list, they're on the ninth one entitled, Sunday's at Tiffany's. Three thousand pages or more read, Jinki lost count, and still so many left. 

 

On that night, it was calm, only the whistling outside was heard. Kibum laid his head on Jinki's lap as he threaded his finger along Kibum's brown hair while humming Love's Way to Kibum. 

 

"My hair stinks," Kibum suddenly inquired, "I need to take a bath." 

 

Jinki snorts and replies, "Now?" 

 

Kibum shakes his head cutely and somehow Jinki's heart begins to beat faster, "Not now, maybe tomorrow, too tired." 

 

Jinki nods understanding the younger's wishes and he keeps singing. Kibum's eyes felt heavy and he closes them, telling himself he's just going to rest them. 

 

"I love you," Kibum confessed all of a sudden. 

 

Jinki chuckles lightly, "I love you too, but all of a sudden?" 

 

"...Because I just felt like I needed to tell you." 

 


 

Kibum doesn't wake up for a week and when he does wake up, the only thing he thinks about is how his head feels like it's been run over by a truck. His throat is dry and is so parched that he feels like begging for some water. His bones feel like goo and he can't life them up. There's also a nasal cannula placed in his nose forcing oxygen into his body. He knows this place quite well, it's the hospital, and that means he's gotten himself another seizure. 

 

"...inki..." He calls out to his husband. He slowly regains his senses and feels a warm hand hold his. 

 

Jinki...

 

He then looks down at his bony fingers. 

 

"...Jinki..." He tries again, this time Jinki lifts his head up and upon seeing Kibum awake he plants kisses on Kibum's fingers, careful not to do anything that might damage him. Kibum notices his appearance, his eyes are swollen, red, and dark circles forming under his eyes. 

 

Jinki notices the look in Kibum's eyes, but he still smiles anyway, he smiles through it all, it was the least he could do, he had to be strong for Kibum. 

 

"How do you feel?" Jinki slowly asks, pecking his lips lightly not letting go of Kibum's hand. 

 

"Like ," Kibum answered weakly, "...Jinki?" 

 

"What is it?" 

 

"Let's go home." 

 

"Kibum." Jinki says in a strict tone. 

 

"Jinki," Kibum retorts, "Please, let's go home. I don't want to be here anymore." 

 

"Kibum," Jinki's voice almost sounds like he's pleading, "You have to stay here if you want to get better." 

 

Kibum shook his head, "No please Jinki, please don't say that. I'm not getting better, it's the exact opposite. I'm getting worse. You and I know it, so please let's just go home. Please..." 

 

A slap to the face. 

 

It's like cold water being splashed on his face. 

 

Kibum is dying. The three words that he could not accept ever. His heart quivered, in a very hesitant voice he said, "...Okay, let's go home." 

 


 

"Let's go on an outing." 

 

The other members of SHINee look at him like he's grown another head or something. 

 

"What did you just say?" The five of them were currently situated in Jinki and Kibum's house eating dinner that was prepared for them by the ahjumma that Jinki hired to take care of the house things. 

 

Kibum puts his chopsticks down and looks at them intently, completely serious, "Let's. Go. On. An. Outing." He says slowly, somehow mocking to the ears. 

 

"Are you out of your-" Jonghyun begins to exclaim when Taemin cut him off. 

 

"I think that's a great idea hyung. Where do you want to go?" Jonghyun backs down and Kibum talks animatedly. 

 

"Let's just go on a vacation, you know where there's only the five of us." 

 

"Going to a villa would be nice." Minho thought aloud and Kibum just grins at him. 

 

Jinki smiles and complies with Kibum's wishes, "Villa it is." 

 


 

It comes to a great surprise to Kibum on the Saturday when they were supposed to depart. 

 

"Appa!" A high-pitched voice calls to him. 

 

Kibum's eyes widens as he comes face to face with his son, Yoogeun. He hasn't seen him in so long. It's been four years after all. 

 

"Yoogeunnie..." He coos and he steps closer to his son. Memories of those times when Kibum and the rest of the SHINee members used to take care of him, now he's all grown up and Kibum almost cries. 

 

"Appa, I missed you a lot," Yoogeun then gives a tight embrace and Kibum just lets his tears flow. 

 

 

"His mother told us that Yoogeun missed us and kept asking for us, and I just couldn't reject her," Jinki informed while ruffling Yoogeun's black fluffy hair, "And plus, I think we need to spend time with our son once in a while." 

 

Kibum smiles at Jinki, just asking how this man became his, "Thank you Jinki." 

 

"Hey now! Not to ruin your moment or anything but we need to head out if we want to get to the villa on time." Jonghyun interjected. 

 

Jinki leads Kibum to their car, Yoogeun right next to him, still hugging his leg, and he can't help but feel how lucky he is for having a family like this. 

 


 

Due to Kibum's ailment, he sleeps most for the most part of the trip to Paldang Dam. The villa where Jinki rented before during their Hello Baby days. And it was such a nice gesture going back to that place. 

 

"Hyung, are we actually going to-" Taemin bounced up and down on his seat actually excited to be there again. 

 

"Yes, Taemin-ah, and try to be quiet, Kibum can wake up any moment." Jinki shushed nursing Kibum's head. 

 

"Appa! Look, there's students walking, did you know that I'm a student too Onew-appa, and the noonas at school say that I'm really cute." Yoogeun tells Jinki. 

 

Jinki laughs and ruffles their sons hair, "Hear that Minho, Yoogeun is a noona killer." 

 

"I hear you, hyung." 

 

 

When they arrive at the villa, it was like deja vu again. But instead of Yoogeun being in Key's arms, he's in Minho's being carried away inside setting him down on one of the futons. Taemin following closely with a duffel bag and a backpack. 

 

"He's gotten heavy!"  Minho commented when he lifted Yoogeun out of the car. 

 

Jinki carefully lays Kibum's head back on the seat while he gets out of the van. Jonghyun, the designated driver, opens the back and gets his own duffel along with Jinki's. 

 

"Hyung, need any help?" Jonghyun asked. 

 

"Can you hold the door for me Jonghyun-ah?" Jinki requests and Jonghyun complies holding the heavy door so that Kibum won't hit his head or anything. 

 

Jinki carefully lifts Kibum in his hands, bridal style, and cooed, "Aigo, my baby," And paid no heed as to how Kibum weighed close to nothing. He held him close, not too tight because he was afraid that he might break Kibum in any minute. 

 

Once inside the villa, Jinki follows Minho's suit and sets Kibum on the futon right next to Yoogeun where they sleep soundly. 

 

"I can't decide, who's cuter, our son or our mom?" Jonghyun joked. 

 

"Son," Both Minho and Taemin voted. 

 

"Mom," Jinki claimed. 

 


 

The next day, Kibum wakes up early and prepares himself for the rest of the day. 

 

He doesn't want to say it, but he feels that his time is coming near. 

 

And Yoogeun being here made it extra special for him. He wanted to spent his last with his family. And how complete they looked. 

 

He stares at himself on the mirror, with his complexion, he looks like he's part of dead already. Dark circles appearing under his eyes and his lips were chapped. He lifts his shirt up and inspects the bones protruding out. 

 

Thank you God, for giving me this life. for giving me a wonderful husband, and for blessing me with a family, like what I have now. I'm grateful, but please give me more time. Just two days. That's all I need. 

 

There's a knock outside the door and it cuts his thoughts off, "Bummie, are you ready?" 

 

"Y-yeah," He stammers, "I'm ready." 

 


 

 

"Key-appa, look at me!" Yoogeun yells as he climbs a tree, Kibum grits his teeth. 

 

"Minho! Get Yoogeun out of there, he might hurt himself!" Kibum scolds but Minho ignores him and keeps cheering Yoogeun on. 

 

"Aish..." Kibum groans. Just then Jinki puts his arm around his waist. 

 

"Come on Bummie, they're just having some fun." 

 

"Fun that might hurt my son." 

 

Jinki didn't know what to say, so he just opted on changing the topic, "We're cooking barbeque tonight. Is that fine?" 

 

Kibum narrows his eyes skeptically, "Are you trying to recreate the time when we last went here?" 

 

"I might, might not be." Jinki replies. 

 

"I'm not convinced." 

 

Jinki leans close and steals a kiss, "Are you now?" 

 

"...Maybe." 

 


 

The weekend was spent in laughter and enjoyment. It felt like such a fantasy to Kibum, he'd never felt to happy until now. 

 

All the singing,  all the laughter they shared spending time with s and their son. All the hugs and the cuddles. 

 

Kibum looks up at the night sky, he cries silently. 

 

God, these past few days, I feel like I've been given a new light. I want to desperately wish to live more, but I know I'm being selfish, my time has come and I need to accept the way things are. Thank you for giving me such a faithful husband. Wonderful friends that support me, and most especially a family that loves me. Please guide them to do good, even though I'm gone. That's my last wish. 

 

Kibum gets up from the porch, closing the sliding door behind him. He walks at the room where they decided to share. He smiles as the tears just keep coming out uncontrollably. 

 

He sits down, leaning on each of his loved one's foreheads kissing them lovingly in their foreheads. Yoogeun is first. 

 

"The world that remembers it's first~" Kibum laughs at the thought. 

 

I hope you grow up healthy and big Yoogeunnie~ 

 

Next is Minho. 

 

"Minho and I had a fight that lasted two years, but now he's a close friend that I have." 

 

Minho, I'm sorry that I didn't fight hard enough, you must be really mad at me right now, take care of Minnie for me. 

 

Lying a short distance away from Minho was Taemin.

 

"I've always had a soft spot when it comes to Taemin. And when he talks I just want to talk to him like he's a baby because he's just so cute." 

 

I love you Minnie, you will forever be my baby. 

 

Jonghyun laid asleep his legs sprawled everywhere and his eyes slightly open, a sleeping habit he didn't grow out off. 

 

"Let's make our own couple too, Dynamic Cross!" 

 

You stupid dino, I'll miss you. Thanks for always being there for me. 

 

Kibum goes to the end of the futon and lays next to Jinki, his tears rolling. Jinki wakes up slightly. 

 

"...Kibum? What is it? Did you have a nightmare." 

 

Kibum nods, "Jinki, I love you okay, don't forget that. I love you so, so much." 

 

He presses his lips into a deep kiss. Desperation and sadness filled in that kiss.  

 

"I love you too, Kibum." 

 

Jinki pulls Kibum closer, and when Kibum knows that Jinki is sleeping soundly, Kibum steals one last kiss from him whispering softly, "Jinki, I'm sorry, I couldn't keep my promise. Five thousand pages... I couldn't do it Jinki. I love you so much, thank you for giving me happiness, f-for letting me experience love. I'll miss you, take care of yourself... because...." 

 

Kibum closes his eyes and darkness engulfs his consciousness. His breath hitches and his heart stops. 

 

...Because I won't be able to take care of you anymore. 

 


 

 

"Onew-appa," Jinki feels someone nudging him awake, "Onew-appa." 

 

He opens his eyes and looks at Yoogeun's face, "Yeah, Yoogeunnie?" 

 

"A-appa, something's wrong with Key-appa." Tear rimmed eyes informs him.

 

"What?" 

 

"He won't wake up appa, I tried everything," Jinki jolted awake checking Kibum's pulse and when he found none, he feels his heart drop. 

 

He's gone...

 

He closes his eyes, his breathing quickening, "Y-Yoogeunnie, w-wake Jonghyun appa, Taemin-appa, and Minho-appa for me." He whimpers. 

 

"Okay." 

 

Yoogeun did as he was told, dazed and confused the other members look at their leader's back, caressing Kibum's body. 

 

"Jinki-hyung what's going on?" Taemin questioned as he rubbed the sleepiness away from his eyes. 

 

"T-Taemin-ah, take Yoogeunnie outside and play." 

 

"But hyung-" 

 

"Please!" Jinki cries, "Just please do it Taemin-ah." 

 

Taemin nodded still confused and takes Yoogeun outside as his hyung told him. 

 

Once he hears Taemin and Yoogeun's retreating footsteps he breathes out and his whole body starts to treble. 

 

Minho cuts the silence, "Hyung, what's going on?" 

 

With a hoarse voice, Jinki replies, "He's gone Minho-yah. Kibum's gone." 

 

Jonghyun quickly goes to where Jinki is and sure enough, Kibum's body is limp in Jinki's hands. His eyes get red and he starts to cry immediately. 

 

Denial in his system, "No, no, Key! Wake up!" Jonghyun shakes Key's lifeless body, "You bastard, you ing bastard! You promised, you promised you won't leave! Kibum if you don't wake up this second, I will hate you forever, do hear me?" 

 

Jonghyun punches the wall, "Damn it Key, wake up!" 

 

Jonghyun screams in his hands. 

 

Minho gets up silently, bitting his lips, and goes outside to check on the two. 

 

Amongst Jonghyun's screams, Minho's silent tears, and Taemin's crying, there's Jinki holding Kibum eyes sore and red as he kisses the younger's forehead, caressing the younger's beautiful face. 

 

Saranghae.

 


 

 

Kibum's funeral is nothing like tradition. 

 

No one wears black attires, because Kibum hated it. 

 

Instead they were flamboyant clothes, shirts and skinnies. While Kibum is dressed in pink and blue. 

 

But the mourning was still the same, close friends and family members paying their condolences. 

 

Jinki's parents also visit, bowing to Kibum's parents, and hugged their son afterwards. 

 

"I'm fine," He assured them, "I'll be fine." 

 


 

In the end, Jinki still finishes his end of the bargain. He finishes all five thousand pages for Kibum. 

 

He stands up from the grass and touches Kibum's gravestone. 

 

Kim-Lee Kibum

MAY THE ANGELS GUIDE HIM

1991-2014

 

SHINee is still standing strong, they're still one of the most popular groups in Korea, if not the world. Their bonds stronger and there's no chance of it weakening. All because of  one person. 

 

One person that changed their lives gradually. A person they can never forget. 

 

Jinki stands up and dusted his pants off the dried grass. He puts the last book that Kibum has in his list and goes on his way back to their home, where their family was. 

 

And if Jinki turned to look back, he would've seen the faint silhouette of a smiling lad, smiling that even though he had passed, Jinki never broke his promise. 

 

Forevermore. 

 

Forever in his heart. 

 


 

 

Leonard asks me if there’s anything I need to know before he dies, I think about it for a minute, turn to him, say what’s the meaning of life, Leonard? He laughs, says that’s an easy one, my son, it’s whatever you want it to be.

 

 


 

I do not own the quotes, the came from a book called, "My Friend Leonard". 

To make things clear, in this story, Kibum has a tumor and it's a 'butterfly tumor' which is not on one side of the brain but is spreads to both sides which is operable but the risks of death are high, that's why Kibum didn't take that risk. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this. I think this is the best one-shot I've ever done. I just... the emotions in this story is just so... It's late so yeah.... XD 

--♡Cim