Chapter 3

Roses for Sungyeol

c a u g h t

 
Infinite's schedule ended early today and the boys are heading back to their dorm. At that moment, Hyemi was doing her usual routine, putting her rose on Infinite's dorm doorstep. When she was bending to put the rose down, the lift door opened and she didn't realize that the infinite members were exciting the lift. The 7 boys just stood infront of the lift entrance and watch Hyemi stand up. They were all wearing the outfits that they usually wear for practices -oversized shirts with sweatpants. Hyemi finally turned around and was shocked for a second but became really happy that she saw them. For the first time, she wasn't blocked by other fans and there weren't any screams. She was alone with the 7 boys. Sungyeol was the second happiest person there. He finally saw the Inspirit who kept sending him those roses that were so important to him. She was the ideal girl anyone can dream of, judging by her looks. And her smile was so angelic and perfect. Hyemi then bowed and greeted the boys with a huge smile. The other members was about to bow and do the same but Sunggyu suddenly demanded 'get out. We would really appreciate it if you give us some privacy.' The members eyes widened after hearing it and wanted to explain to Hyemi everything but it's was too late. After hearing what Sunggyu said, Hyemi was really disheartened and she ran away from the area, with the 6 boys watching her back. Sunggyu was really moodless that moment and that is why he was acting that way. The members weren't really doing a great job during their practice and furthermore, Sunggyu really hates it when fans hang out outside their doorstep. But that was also not an excuse for the other members to forgive him. Hyemi was just there to put a present when they coincidentally came back. The 6 of them glared at him and went into their dorm with sungyeol picking up the rose on the way. The really want to go after her but if they do, their manager would really scold them. It won't be pretty if they're recognized on the streets.
 
Sungyeol was in the room alone  sitting on his bed holding the rose and reading the tag
'I love you sungyeol.' 
Sungyeol smiled and lied down. But after remembering what happened just now, he became really mad at Sunggyu. He sighed in frustration and ruffled his hair with a frown on his face. He wanted to punch sunggyu so badly but he couldn't. He could've talked to this special Inspirit but the leader had to chase her away. He raised his head and looked around the room and when he was sure that there was no one else, he climed onto Sungjong's bed and started punching his teddy bear. He even twisted the teddy bear's head and the teddy bear was so close to be ripped apart. After sometime, he fell asleep on Sungjong's bed.
 
Hyemi was crying and walking. She doesn't even know where she's going. She's just walking around blindly letting her legs bring her wherever it wants to. Unknowingly, she ended up at a deserted park and went to sit on the bench. She thought of her past and was reminded about her parent's death. It was so unexpected. She was in the middle of a test and suddenly the news broke to her. After that, the cheerful Hyemi disappeared and her friends started drifting away from her. That's why Hyemi is always so lonely in school. She seldom smiles, until she started watching Infinite's videos. Watching sungyeol and his childishness made her smile again and thats why she became his fan. She doesn't only like his humor, but she likes infinite and their talent too. She started giving him roses as a daily routine after doing it once during a fanmeet. But now, after what happened earlier, she made a huge decision to stop giving him roses. She really do not want to be spotted there again and she certainly doesn't her idol to end up hating her too. Even though she already thinks that they do. 
 
It was already 7PM and after an argument, ljoe was again sent by the members for a snack buying errand. With a sunglass and hat disguise, he was already barely recognizable. While walking down the path, he was surprised to see someone at the deserted park. Its really rare to spot someone there. This familiar figure caused  him to walk closer. When getting closer, he started hearing sobs. It was really dark and he couldn't see the person's face. When he was 1 metre far from the person, he immidietely recognized this figure. It was Hyemi! He quickly ran beside her and sat down, wanting to talk to her. He nervously placed his hands over her shoulders and this time, Hyemi didn't slap it away. Instead, he rested her head on his shoulder and whispered a 'thank you.' ljoe smiled in satisfaction and they stayed in that position for a few minutes before Hyemi started telling him about everything that has happened, including her past. Ljoe was happy that the rose was actually for her idol but was beginning to hate on Sunggyu. Ljoe started cheering her up and they chatted for awhile. Within one day, they became best friends. 
 
Ljoe was walking Hyemi home and they were linking arms with each other in a friendly manner. When they were outside Hyemi's apartment, ljoe hugged her and to his surprise, Hyemi hugged him back. Ljoe pulled away and bid her a goodbye with a huge smile. Hyemi happily walked into her apartment and they started texting each other. Ljoe reached their dorm and the members shot him a questioning look and chunji asked ' where's my potato chip?!' Ljoe's eyes widened realizing that he forgot about it. He stuck out his tongue and ran into the room, locking the door. The members smiled at each other and started giggling and complimenting chunji for his perfect 3-second act. After 30 minutes since they sent ljoe away, Chunji was the sent by the members to check on ljoe and he saw ljoe hugging  Hyemi at the park. Since he knew that ljoe probably  isn't gonna get them their snacks, he bought some and went back to the dorm, also telling the other members about what he saw. They knew about ljoe's little crush on hyemi and stared making fun of him and laughing together.
 
 
-
 
 
Comments, compliments, criticisms and suggestions are welcomed. :)