Baby Good Night

Baby Good Night

“Sandeul-ah~,” Jinyoung whispered to the newly awakened young man, “the other members all have a full schedule today, so-”
“Really?” the young man exclaimed, now wide awake. Jinyoung nodded while smiling gently at Sandeul. “Aah, finally! We haven’t been alone together in ages!” the latter said while stretching his body in bed.
“I’ll go make you some breakfast,” the older guy said and gave Sandeul a soft kiss on his cheek before walking out of the dark bedroom. Sandeul stayed in bed for a few more moments before getting up. He then changed his clothes and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Walking out of the bathroom, sitting down by the table, Jinyoung came out from the kitchen with breakfast made just for Sandeul. Sandeul thanked his personal chef, and dug into his food.

 

Jinyoung held around Sandeul as they watched television, talking about how they wanted to spend the day together. “I wanna go out on a date!” the guy who looked a little bit like a duck said, looking at Jinyoung with pleading eyes.
“You really wanna go out... now that we finally have the apartment to ourselves?” the Leader smirked and started lightly kissing the younger’s neck, tracing his hand down the other’s torso. Sandeul chuckled and turned his head to kiss his hyung’s lips. He then descended the couch they were sitting in, grabbed Jinyoung’s hands to drag him up.
“Let’s go on a date first!” the brunet guy nagged, knowing that the older couldn’t say no to him.
---

After getting back to the dorm after their date, the red-head tried to pick up where they left before going out by pushing the younger towards the wall, kissing him passionately and attempting to remove his shirt. Sandeul pushed the older slightly back, “Can you make me dinner first?” he asked, “I’ll need the extra energy” he continued and smirked. Jinyoung laughed quietly and leaned into another kiss, agreeing to the previous statement. He walked to the kitchen and found some groceries in the refrigerator while Sandeul sat down to watch television. Becoming impatient, Sandeul quietly tripped towards the older to surprise him with a back-hug. As he was about to embrace the other, the chef turned around making it a face-to-face hug. A shocked Jinyoung took a small step back, having Sandeul clutching onto him. “J-Junghwan-ah” the red-head choked, tears filling his eyes. The younger was unable to speak and dropped to the floor, Jinyoung following as he tried to hold him up. Tears started running down the brown haired guy’s cheeks followed by him coughing up blood. “Junghwan-ah” he chocked and started crying hysterically.
 

 

---

Sandeul woke up abruptly, looking around he could see Jinyoung sleeping soundly on the other side of the room. “Ah, it was just a dream” he thought to himself, relieved. He wanted to sneak over to Jinyoung’s bed and wrap his arms around him, to feel his warmth, to feel safe. But seeing as the other members were there, oblivious to their relationship, that wouldn’t be an option. Sandeul looked at the watch on his nightstand, “8.30” he whispered to himself. Despite the early hour, he decided to get out of bed as he was afraid his nightmare would continue if he were to go back to sleep. Sandeul went to the kitchen to find something to snack at, there wasn’t much there for him to choose, so he ended up cooking some ramen.

 

---

Jinyoung was sitting by Sandeul’s bed, holding his hand unable to hold back his tears. Due to the machines hooked up to his boyfriend, he could hear and see how Sandeul’s heart was beating. He had been in a coma for a month now after the incident where the knife Jinyoung had been cutting vegetables with had ended up penetrating Sandeul’s left lung. Although it had prevented oxygen intake, it wouldn’t have been sufficient enough to cause any brain damage. It therefore did not make much sense to any of the doctors that he hadn’t woken up yet. “Junghwan-ah… please, please wake up,” Jinyoung said, choking at his words. “I love you so much... I can’t handle loosing you, not like this. I should have been more careful,” everything was blurry in his sight as his eyes were filled to the limit with tears. Jinyoung’s eyes were getting heavy, so he got up from his seat. “I’ll be back soon,” he said and kissed Sandeul on the forehead. He then went to the cafeteria to buy some coffee. When he came back to the room, the coffee slipped right out of his hand as he saw the doctor’s trying to revive the young man whose heart was in asystole.
 

---

Sandeul poured the ramen into a bowl and found some chopsticks. He was about to grab the bowl, but he was unable to do so. He could hear continuous beeping as things around him started to fade away. Suddenly, everything went white.