"I Promise"

Precious Secret of SON DONGWOON..

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: just to clear things.. the italic part with grey color font was all flashbacks.. and the italic part with black font color was dongwoon's thoughts..

 

 

the tv was in full volume at the beast's dorm:

"good evening, welcome to news update. the CEO and chairman of the famous talent company, CUBE Entertainment Mr. Hong held up a press meeting earlier today. the press conference was about the comeback of one of his famous boy group he made; BEAST. the 6 member idol group has been out of korea from the past months for their world tour. President Hong therefore concluded that he held the press conference not just to announce the comeback, but also sincerely saying that the BEAST boys will do their MV at New York and they will also have their vacation there. President Hong pleaded to the press that give his boys a break from paparazzi who follows them around.."

 

the tv then has been turned off by doojoon. it was 7 in the evening and everyone waits the news to be broadcast. they are really tired of being idols but still enjoys it. their stay in New York for 4 days is not bad for a vacation before their comeback. although one of the 4 days will be their mv shoot, they still hope that reporters and press will not bother them this time..

 

"okay kids! time to go to bed!.. tomorrow morning is our fly to new york.."

doojoon said while approaching the door to their bedroom.

 

"erm... hyung arent you going to eat dinner first?.."

yoseob ask while resting his head on kikwang's lap on the sofa.

 

"i'll just pass. i need to wake up earlier than you all.."

doojoon then gets in the bedroom and slam the door shot..

 

"ehh, hyungs?.. where's dongwoon?.."

 

 

at the bedroom:

 

doojoon was slowly getting up from the top bunk to lay down on his bed. he was dramatically slowly laying down when he heard a snore from his left side.. if the person wasnt facing him, he might shout and jump from scare. it was just dongwoon, sleeping soundly..

 

"aish, this kid.. he's really that excited?.."

doojoon mumbled to himself and soon layed down and drifted to sleep..

 

 

- - - - -

 

it was a tuesday sunny morning and everyone was awake and preparing at the beast dorm.. they are fixing their things that they will bring to New York. it was a habit of them to bring one bag that contains the things they want to bring personally, the special things for them..  doojoon his favorite perfume, hyunseung was an eyeliner, junhyung the shades yoseob gave him, yoseob a DSLR camera and kikwang, his kneeted hat and his spectacle.. hyunseung noticed that dongwoon didnt put anything in the bag. he looks at dongwoon and gets confused on what dongwoon was bringing..

 

"chocolates?.."

hyunseung ask while raising one brows.

 

the other boys' attention was now at dongwoon, but dongwoon just keeps on preparing..

 

"yah, maknae, what's up with the tons of chocolates?.."

doojoon also asked..

 

"maybe our maknae wants to compare chocolates from korea and new york chocolates.."

junhyung also butts-in..

 

"YAH!!.. you, you, and you.." yoseob pointed on his three hyungs while saying it.. "stop asking questions, he can bring whatever he wants.. right woonie?.."  yoseob looks at dongwoon..

 

"neh, you're right hyung.."

dongwoon answered and mouthed a 'thank you' to his hyung silently. yoseob just gave him a thumbs up..

 

"yoseobie was just protecting you so that he can also have and eat that chocolates.. yah! dongwoonie.. never trust that hyung of yours, you know he can eat sack of chocolates in one go.."

 kikwang said with a pout. a pillow landed on his face, it was yoseob..

 

it was really a relief for dongwoon that sometimes, his hyungs are naive. he was almost caught when their manager told them that they are going to New York. dongwoon was jumping like a kangaroo. his hyungs was suspicious from his behavior. it was a good thing that everyone forgets that thing and ignored it permanently..

 

when they are all done and ready, they all go take the lift and went  down to the car park where their van is waiting.. they all got in and headed straight to the airport..

 

 

"promise me oppa, we're seeing each other again.."

 

i promise..

 

- - - - -

 

"please keep me oppa, remember me always, even if im just a secret.. promise me.."

 

"yah! woonie, wake up!.."

 

dongwoon weakly open his eyes and saw the cute face of yoseob smiling at him..

 

"we're almost here woonie, look.."

yoseob pointed at the window and dongwoon looked. he saw the mini statue of liberty from above. it was really a fascinating view to woonie..

 

its been 5 years, and you still havent change..

 

they all walk through the airport and saw so many people walking around and they were glad that none of it was a fan or press or reporter..

 

no screaming fans, no flash and lights from cameras and no interrogating reporters. the airport was crowded and loud but it was silent for the beast boys. for some reasons, they felt slight freedom.

 

"beast from korea?.."

a man wearing a suit came and walk towards them..

"hi im john lee, im one of the cube staff here in new york and welcome to the big apple.."

 

everyone greets the guy who will take care of them during their stay..

they all followed the guy and rode a luxurious van and headed to their destination.

 

the arrival of them in new york was counted as their first day in NY. meaning, they will just rest for 3 hours and have to work for their mv. the cube staff earlier informed them that they will only have 20hours for making the mv since its was busy city they are dealing with.

 

the whole mv shoot goes well and finished in just 14hours. producers and staffs was amazed on how hardworking beast was. even the americans were amazed on where and how they can get there energy from. they just proudly say...

 

'from our girlfriends, B2UTIES!!..'

 

their second day started. it was their first day of vacation. it was a fine morning in NY. all the boys are still in their slumber and sleeping soundly in their rooms except for dongwoon..

 

he slowly prepare himself and puts on his shirt, jeans and a thick coat. he wrote something on a piece of paper and leave it on the table. he looks at the man sleeping from the bed beside his bed and smile a bit.. he then goes out of the room and went out..

 

"oppa, in case you remember, just go at that place.. you'll always find me there.. waiting.."

 

i promise..

 

 

- - - - -

 

somewhere at the streets of new york, there's a kindergarten park behind a school. although it was a kinder park, there was a spot their where everyone can visit and hangout.

 

all still the same..

 

dongwoon was walking slowly. getting nearer at the spot that he treasured. the place at the park where it all began. he gets nearer and nearer, until he saw someone. sitting at the spot where he was heading to. he cant see the person but he kows its a girl. based on the built and the black hair that is 2inches passing its shoulders.

 

"here, always wear this, just to remind you that you're mine and to remind me that i still have you.."

 

since the girl was facing back, he cant see the face of the girl, but dongwoon know its the girl who was the reason why he's here. the girl was reading the book and dongwoon saw something from the girls's wrist that caught his attention.

 

the bracelet i gave her..

 

it was a plain thin chain like bracelet but the thing that made it special was the lock.. the lock was letter 'R' that was connected to a letter 'D'..

 

dongwoon relactuntly walks nearer and sat beside the girl. the girl, somehow was emerse reading a book. a literature book. she didnt notice dongwoon's presence at all and dongwoon just chuckles silently and smile..

 

"i will never look into other boys oppa!.. i will just look at you.."

 

"you promised me that you will only look at me.."

 

the girl was startled upon hearing dongwoon. because of shock and emotion going through, the girl drop her book on his lap and put her hands on , not looking at the man beside him. she was staring at the book she drop on her lap, still in disbelief..

 

"now, why cant you look at me?.."

 

 

the girl slowly look at the man who spoke and she manages to utter words from his mouth covered with her hands..

 

'dongwoon-ah..'

 

dongwnoon furrowed his eyebrow upon hearing the girl call his name. it was a sweet voice.. but he felt sad for a reason..

 

"not calling me oppa anymore?.."

 

the girl just stayed silent. for a reason, dongwoon felt ashamed for being too cool and easy approaching the girl. he also felt hurt seeing the girl's expression, it was not happy but just shock..he felt a sting at his chest as he was thinking that the girl was not happy at all..

 

"thats it! im sorry i think i've mistaken you from who i knew.."

dongwoon was nearly getting up and walk away but the girl hold his wrist and he stop..

 

"dongwoon oppa.. im so glad.."  the girl said facing down, looking at her grip to dongwoon.. she may cry if she continues so she just hid her feelings and look at dongwoon..  'stay, lets talk..'

 

 

- - - - -

 

they both were silent and awkward at each other.. they sat side by side while the grip from the girl on dongwoon's wrist was still there. it was their hands that parted them from sitting closer. it was like their hands were also sitting..

 

dongwoon was just staring at the grip from his hands while from time to time he was taking glances at the girl.

 

the girl was very pretty to dongwoon's eyes.. eyes with brown orbs.. fair and porcelain skin, pink kissable lips and the 7 piercings all in all in the girls ear..

 

so cool and yet very pretty..

 

"still the same.. you've never change, rosi.."

dongwoon said it in english and the girl named rosi just smile..

 

"you still remember.. the first time we wet here.."

 

 

"hey, why are you crying?.."

dongwoon spotted a girl crying at the bench.

"my little sister, she's missing.. im here to fetch her up but when im waiting, i didnt see her.."

the girl answer in a sob..

"did you ask her teacher?.. maybe she's still inside the school.."

dongwoon asked again, he sat beside the girl..

"no, she's not there, her teacher told me that someone fetch her up and im scared. what if its a bad guy?.. my mom will kill me.."

the girl sob and cry so much that dongwoon pats her back..

"what if.. what if it was your mom who picked her up?.."

the girl looks at dongwoon for seconds until her phone vibrates..

 

"mom!!.. yes.... she's with you?.. you fetch her up?... yes.. im here mom.. okay.. okay.. bye!.."

the girl then hangs up and wipe her tears..

"i told you.."

was dongwoon just said..

"thank you, by the way im rosi.."

the girl extended her arms for a handshake..

"dongwoon.. son dongwoon.."

dongwoon accept the handshake..

"son?.. dongwoon?.. korean right?.."

"yes, im korean.."

"cool.. you speak english fluently.."

and they both chuckle..

"so, i'll get going, nice to meet you rosi.."

 

dongwoon stands up when a hand grip stop him..

"please stay.."

rosi said..

dongwoon raised one brow that looks like he was saying 'why?' and rosi answered..

"my mom will pick me up. can you please stay while im waiting for my mom?.."

rosi asked shyly. dongwoon saw the flush of red on rosi's cheeks and he find it cute..

 

"sure"

they wait for rosi's mom, and the grip of rosi from dongwoon's wrist never loosen up..

 

 

they both smile remembering that time..

 

"you know, from that moment, i knew you had a crush on me.."

dongwoon jokingly said..

"cut the crap oppa! im just 14 that time and you're 16 but look like 20.."

rosi said while loosening the grip on dongwoon's wrist and leave a smack on his shoulders.. and rosi continued..

"what i really want to say that day when you told me you were a korean was 'you really dont look like one' and i just changed it from praising your english instead.."

 

"oh, am i that handsome to not look like a korean?.. rosi, stop falling in love so hard on me.."

"i told you cut it out, it got me goosebumps.."

and they both laugh again, erasing the awkwardness on the both of them..

 

"this is where you also confess to me, right oppa?.."

 

"i know its just 3months since we have met, but im starting to like you rosi.."

dongwoon said as soon as they both reach the park. they sat side by side at the bench where they usually sat. they always hang around with each other and they are aware, at their age, they're starting to like each other..

 

"i like you too dongwoon, but we are still young and commitments and relationships are for people with enough age.."

rosi said, a bit worried that she might hurt dongwoon's feelings..

 

"we'll wait for the right time then.." dongwoon said, with a smile on his face.. "just promise me that you wont look at any boys out there, just me only.."

 

"i will never look into other boys.. i will only look at you.."

rosi smiled back.. dongwoon then puts up his hands with his pinky was just up.. rosi look in confusion..

 

"in korea, pinky promise is more powerful than cross my heart.." dongwoon was grining widly and rosi put her finger and intertwine her pinky to promise.

 

 

 

"im still keeping that promise oppa.."

rosi chuckled.. but a bit shy revealing the fact that she still likes dongwoon..

 

"its really cute to hear an american girl saying oppa.. you're still cute, my rosi."'

dongwoon pinch the cheeks of rosi..

 

"hey!.. stop it!.. you can only do that to yoseob.."

rosi said and dongwoon stopped. they both know that dongwoon never told anyone that he lived in NY for a year when he was 16. they both also know that dongwoon pretended that he cant really speak english fluently. they both know that dongwoon didnt tell anyone about rosi, and rosi was the same. she never told anyone that the popular and maknae member of beast was her friend, a special one..

 

"how was the idol thing going?.. tired?.. happy?.. im a fan oppa.."

rosi broke the silence.. she was smiling while looking into the tree in front of them.. so was dongwoon..

 

"tired yes.. happy i dont know.. but im glad my hyungs are there for me and..."  dongwoon stops and looks at rosi.. "im happy that you're a fan.. but im also feel sorry for keeping you as a secret.."

 

"as long as you keep me oppa, im happy.. really.."

 

"look, rosi, if you want, i can always tell this to everyone. i mean, junhyung and hara are together right.."

 

"but oppa, your fans, im an american afterall.."

 

"rosi, i can always tell everyone that-....."

 

"that what oppa?.."

 

"that.. that.. we.. we are....."

 

"we?.. oppa, you know why we cant tell this to anyone right?.." rosi said leaving dongwoon silent.. and continues.. "oppa, there's no 'we' or 'us'.. its just you and me.. i myself still dont know what i am to you. but im not asking anything and i dont expect anything from you.. just live like what you're doing right now and i'll be happy for you.. afterall, its your dream right?.."

 

 

"rosi, im leaving.."

"w-where are you going?.."

:i'll be staying in korea for good.. with my parents.."

"so, we'll not see each other anymore?.."

rosi squatted down and cover her hand on her face while crying..

 

"no, rosi.. we'll see each other again.. dont cry.."

dongwoon bend down and squat also to hug rosi..

 

"how oppa?.."

"i'll become a singer.. i'll work hard for it and if i become more popular, i'll come back.."

"promise me oppa.. we'll see each other again.."

 

"i promise.."

 

 

"its not really hard for keeping this thing as a secret.. im really okay.. and the fact that you came back just for a visit, im glad.."

rosi then sigh and rest his head on dongwoon's shoulder and they both look again at the tree in front of them..

 

"im so lucky to have you here.. my bestfriend, you.. by my side.. my stress, hardwork, frustrations and sadness just vanished.."  dongwoon said while circling his arms in rosi's shoulder, pulling her closer..

 

"im also lucky that son dongwoon of beast is hugging me.. my fan girl side really wants to scream right now.."  rosi teased dongwoon and dongwoon just laugh..

 

"it may take again years or so just to see you again rosi.. can you wait for me again?.."

 

"tss.. a piece of cake, i was born waiting for you.."

 

they both face each other..

 

"will you promise me never to look any guy again?.."

 

"im still keeping that promise oppa, no need to tell.."

 

dongwoon then puts his hands on rosi's blushing cheeks..

 

"will you promise me if the time comes, that i can say 'i love you' and stand for it, will you say 'i love you too?.."

 

"i was born to love you oppa.."

 

 

rosi accompanied dongwoon to the airport.. dongwoon was leaving for korea and who knows when will he come back.. when will they see each other again.. whan will they continue their special feelings for each other.. no one knows when..

"so, this is it rosi.. please take care always.."

dongwoon hugged rosi like it's his last time to hug the girl who's really precious to him.. and rosi hugged back..

"i'll really miss you oppa.."

 

dongwoon broke the hug and get something from his pocket.. a silver bracelet..

"here, always wear this, just to remind you that you're mine and to remind me that i still have you.."

rosi notice the simple, thin, yet special bracelet dongwoon gave her.. it has a letter 'R' lock that will connect to a letter 'D' once you wear it.. it was their first letter in their names.. and rosi felt like crying.. she hugged dongwoon so tight, the boy he loves andhis bestfriend will leave him..

"please keep me oppa, remember me always, even if im just a secret.. promise me.."

 

and they both share the last simple peck kiss on the lips..

 

 

 

and they both share a kiss that only the both of them know the worth, feelings, and meaning of it..

 

"i'll keep you as a secret, and god only is our witness.."

rosi uttered..

 

"you're the secret i really wanna keep for a long time.."

 

they both kiss again, this time, it was passionate and full of longing..

 

dongwoon and rosi shared this secret for 5years already and still counting.. although the only secrets dongwoon was hiding were his past living in NY, knowledge on english, and an american named rosi was the only special girl in his heart, while rosi on the other hand, has a secret that son dongwoon of beast was his bestfriend and only boy she will look at.

 

they are not aware that the secret feelings they had to each other are now shared with the kiss..

 

 

- - - - -

 

"where have you been son dongwoon?.."

yoon leader ask the maknae who just arrived from somewhere they dont know.

yoseob, dongwoon's roommate for their stay at a hotel told the others that dongwoon left and just left a not on the table. yoseob read the note and obviously tell the members..

"yah! dongwoon!.."

 

"oh?.. what?.. sorry, i just got out and just listen to music so i didnt heard you talking to me.."

dongwoon then take his earphones out, obviously pretending that his day was the most special day he had in his entire life.. he gets in the bathroom while humming a song..

 

"what was that?.."

kikwang asked.. confused on the actions of their maknae..

 

yoseob then pick dongwoon's ipod and saw the now playing music in repeat..

 

'lucky by jason mraz and colbie calliat?.. i never saw this on dongwoon's playlist.. and it was in repeat.."

yoseob said and everyone's attention was now on dongwoon's ipod..

 

meanwhile at rosi's house:

 

rosi open her laptop and sign in in her tweeter and type a tweet..

 

@rosiDR lucky im inlove with my bestfriend..  <3

 

she smile on seeing dongwoon's tweet a minute ago..

 

@beastDW lucky to be coming home again.. :)

 

she then jumps on her bed and stared at the bag of chocolates dongwoon gave her while listening to a certain song dongwoon shared to him earlier..

 

flashback from the park 20minutes earlier:

 

"you have your ipod or phone with you?.."

dongwoon asked rosi.. he also get his phone from his pocket.. rosi just replied with a nod and handed her ipod to dongwoon.. dongwoon was doing something and rosi asked..

 

"what are you doing?.."

 

dongwoon didnt answer instead, he handed rosi's ipod to rosi and rosi just looks at the screen of her ipod.. dongwoon noticed the confued face of rosi and said..

 

"play that song when you miss me.. that's my song for you.."

dongwoon said..

 

"hey, i got something for you.."

dongwoon then gets the bag of chocolates that he brought from korea for rosi..

 

"chocolates?.."

rosi was raising his one eyebrows..

 

"it's mocha flavor.."

 

rosi and dongwoon shared a beautiful morning with each other.. it was a short time but they both enjoyed it. they also both know that maybe, they will not see each other for so long  since dongwoon has a job that is surrounded by gossips and intrigues..  however, they both promise each other that when the time comes, if they are really destined to be, they know, they will meet again..

 

dongwoon will still be the maknae and beast member son dongwoon.

 

rosi will still be the smart and clever girl from new york that is a huge fan of beast, specially dongwoon..

 

and they both are okay with it.. because they know, the kiss they shared in the park, tells everything that they kept for each other.. stronger than the secret they shared.. it was LOVE..