Chapter 1: Not letting go....

My Everything ~Valentine's Special~

 

^-^ author notes ^-^
 
looks like many of you are confused by the characters...
actually this is a new story and it has not much related to My everything.
the only thing that related to the previous story is that, Inhwan and Suyin are Junsu and Riin's children.
but im using Junsu and Riin...Inhwan grown up and look exactly like Junsu..same as Riin...hope it's clearer now...
 
^-^ end ^-^
 
 

~ My Everything (V. Special) ~ Chapter 1~

-Not letting go…-

 

 

‘Suyin’

 

‘Suyin’

 

‘Suyin’

 

‘I love you…can you hear me, Suyin…’

 

“Ahh…” the petite sized girl got up from her sleep with her eyes widened.

 

Taken aback by her daughter’s worried face, Riin reached out her hand to wipe the small drops of sweat on her daughter’s forehead. “Nightmare, it’d been haunting you for nights it seems.”

 

She shook her head, “No, of course not.”

 

“Suyin…” tidied up her little girl hair, “Today is a big day for you; your graduation, from tomorrow onwards you’ll be part of Lotte Holdings, are you nervous?”

 

“Not really,” she answered with her usual cold tone of voice.

 

Riin sighed, “Ever since that incident, you’d changed. Are you angry with appa and omma?”

 

Suyin looked right into her mother’s eyes, “There’s nothing worth to angry about. It’s getting late, I’m sure everyone is waiting.”

 

Riin can never win her daughter, “Alright, go wash up first.”

 

The minute Riin exited the room; Suyin buried her face on her small palms. “Why am I having that dream again? Oppa…”

 

-

 

“Did you argue with that little girl again?” Junsu wrapped his arm around Riin as if trying to give her warmth.

 

Looking up to her husband, “She’s no longer a little girl anymore. We are being too unfair to her, aren’t we?”

 

“Riin,” he held on her shoulders, “Inhwan and Sunday have agreed to the engagement, we ought to be happy that both of them have forgotten about the past and move on.”

 

She lowered her head, “My bad, I shouldn’t have arrange a marriage for her.”

 

“Sweetheart, what should I say in order to make you stop thinking negatively?” he pulled her into his arms. “Suyin is a good girl; she’s mature enough to understand the reason behind why we are doing this. You do know omma will not let an uous love happen in the family.”

 

“But they are not even…”

 

“Papi…mami…” a masculine voice brings the couple back to reality. “Haiz…you both are old enough to stop doing this. Since when we are small you guys have been doing thin before us; such a bad example.” The man in his mid twenty said while crossing his arms before his chest.

 

“Inhwan, where’s Sunday? You left her alone with your grandma again?” Riin asked.

 

“Your grandma,” he corrected his mother. “Great grandma is enjoying her time talking to her. Yeah, where’s Suyin? Not done yet, everyone is impatiently waiting for her.”

 

“As always…the princess of the family,” Junsu chuckled.

 

“I can hear you guys gossiping about me from inside my room,” she pouted, pretended to be upset.

 

When Inhwan whirled to meet his sister, only then he noticed how pretty she is. She was adorned in a simple yet stunning knee length, strapless dress.

 

“You look…great,” Inhwan complimented. “But isn’t it a little too much for your convo? Showing off your shoulders and this low cut idea.” He was about to remove his jacket but was stopped by Suyin.

 

“Oh please, can’t you see a blazer in my hands? I’m not that open for your info,” Suyin smiled. “Where’s your beauty?”

 

Upon mentioning that one person he wished she has not exist between him and Suyin, he felt uneasy. “Everyone is waiting for you, losing patience.”

 

“Is that so? I believe there’s someone who will not lose his patience.” Suyin looked up to her brother, challengingly.

 

As the four entered the main living room, almost immediately they stopped their conversation. The guy who had been quiet for the past one hour, walked up to the girl in black.

 

He held on her hand, “You look beautiful.”

 

Suyin blushed the moment she heard his blunt comment before the elders. “Yah Kim Jonghyun…”

 

“Look at this little girl, she’s blushing heavily already,” Jaejoong teased.

 

“Uncle Jaejoong…” Suyin looked away, feeling heat on her face. Jonghyun has always been very straightforward to her. He’s a very shy guy to everyone, but as he stands before Suyin, he could utter out the sweetest word on earth.

 

“Let’s get going, we’re terrible late for the event,” Inhwan said, eyes were filled with flame.

 

-

 

“Next is Suyin, isn’t it?” Riin was nervous as she sees Suyin stepped up on the stage.

 

Jonghyun nodded, “Yes, is her…”

 

“Last but not least, we have Kim Suyin from Class A,” Suyin paced up to the professor and accepted her scroll. The emcee then continued, “Apart from that, Ms. Kim Suyin is also the top student of the year for Master in Business Administration.”

 

Turning over to the photographer, Suyin smiled with her scroll as well as the trophy. Throughout the ceremony, Inhwan has not said a word and Sunday could sense something is very wrong with him. It was unlike him as she thought he would be extremely happy to see his sister finally graduated.

 

“Do we have to attend the party organized by the university?” Sunday was curious. She held on Inhwan’s hand, “Are you okay, you seemed to be bothered by something.”

 

He shook his head, “I’m fine, just a little worried with the patient. She should be having her second set of medication by now.” Inhwan looked down on his watch.

 

“Oppa, do you need to get back to the hospital?” Suyin asked as she joined in her family members. “The nurse might not be able to handle your patient,” she asked concernedly as though she was able to read his mind.

 

Sunday was surprised by Suyin’s remark, “How do you know Inhwan is worried about his patient? He just told me his concern.”

 

Suyin looked away uneasily, searching for an excuse. “Of course she’s aware of it, she’s Inhwan’s sister.” Jonghyun interrupted while grabbing hold of Suyin’s hand. Looking into her eyes, he said “She had always got to read his brother’s mind easily, isn’t it?”

 

Suyin simply nodded her head and dare not to look at her brother. She knows very well that his eyes are fixed on her.

 

“Jonghyun shi understands her very well too…” Inhwan said before walking away from the family towards the car park.

 

“Alright, let’s go home and have some rest. Tonight we’ll be having a party and it will be a long night…” Junsu said.

 

-

 

After the graduation ceremony, the Kim family had gone home for a rest. While Junsu and Riin are preparing for the celebration party, Inhwan had returned to the hospital as he was worried with his patient. True enough, his intuition was right. His patient refused to take the new set of medication and had gave the nurses a hard time. But as soon as Inhwan persuaded her, she obediently finished the medication and promised him never be naughty to the nurses again. The entire nurse was glad to see Inhwan came back for the patient. Inhwan has always put his patients at his utmost first position and this almost drives Sunday crazy. He would forget his date or promise with Sunday almost all the time for his patients. Sometime he wondered, did he really forget about it or it was done in purpose. He was not sure about it. For Sunday, he would carelessly forget this and that but for his little sister; he has never broken any of his promises to her. Despite having a jam packed schedule, he would not miss any of the date he arrange with Suyin. Instead, it was Suyin who would miss their date.

 

Standing on the highest floor of the hospital, Inhwan held tight on the red Japanese amulet Suyin had gave him seven years ago. It was the night before he goes to England to pursue his medical studies. The memory was still clear in his mind when Suyin came running into his room. He was peacefully reading a book in the balcony when she entered his room. The amulet was said to be protecting him from any harm.

 

Holding tight on the amulet, Inhwan closed his eyes. “Suyin…why is it so difficult for me to forget our past, forget you. Was it my mistake?”

 

His fawn eyes opened to his vibrating phone, “Hello, yes mami…”

 

“Aren’t you coming back for your sister’s celebration party?” the opposite speaker’s voice was low.

 

Slipping his hand into the pocket of his doctor white robe, a smile was formed on his face. “Of course I’ll be back, what makes you think I’m not?”

 

Riin sighed, “Inhwannie, you’d change a lot ever since you came back from England, don’t you noticed it? You are no longer same like before.”

 

“And what makes me changed this much? You should ask papi, he knows best,” he said firmly.

 

“Inhwannie, why are you so stubborn? You know is impposible…”

 

“Impossible to love her?” he interrupted. A dead silence occurred. “Enough of talking about this am tired of it already. I’m on my way back, mami.”

 

“Drive safely,” Riin ended the call.

 

-

 

“Jonghyun shi,” Suyin had her phone between her ear and shoulder while opening on the presents she received from the elders. “You don’t have to come over if you can’t make it. I don’t want you to speed when you drive. Moreover, I believe the conference meeting is needs you more.”

 

“Are you worried about me speeding and driving carelessly?” Jonghyun’s voice sounded happy. “Could you say it again? The voice of yours feeling worry about me; it makes me feel terribly nice.”

 

Suyin rolled her eyes with smile on her face, “What is that are you talking about, Kim Jonghyun. You sounded like I’m a horrible girlfriend who seldom worries about his boyfriend.”

 

“Fiancée…” Jonghyun said in a serious tone of voice. “It’s fiancée not girlfriend. You’re my fiancée, Kim Suyin.”

 

Suyin felt uneasy, “What’s with that? All of the sudden, why are you being so serious?”

 

He sighed, “I’m always serious. Is my love for you not deep enough that you can’t feel it yet?”

 

Upon hearing that, Suyin held firmly on her phone, “Jonghyun shi, it’s not like that. If anyone should be sorry, it should be me. You gave me too much and I don’t know how I should repay you for that.” Tears gradually entered her eyes.

As though he could feel it, he said “Don’t cry, all you need to do is just love me in return. That’s all I need…”

 

She didn’t know what should be said.

 

“I don’t think I can make it, need to attend the meeting now. Congratulations Suyin. Bye, love you…” he ended the call before Suyin get to say a ‘bye’

 

“I’m sorry…” a tear escaped her eye.

 

‘knock knock’

 

Wiping off the tears, Suyin said “Come in, the door is not locked.”

 

Closing the door behind him, he gingerly locked it before walking up to the girl before him who seated on the bed.

 

“Oppa…” Suyin was surprised to see the person before him. “I didn’t know it was you. Sorry, my room is a kind of messed up.”

 

“Congratulations,” he stretched out his hand and passed the gift box to Suyin.

 

Taking hold of the gift, she thanked him, “Thanks oppa. What could this be? You can actually give me later during the party.”

 

“Open it…” Inhwan slipped his hands into his jeans back pocket.

 

She touched on the ribbon and gingerly unwrap the special gift from her brother. “This necklace…” she was stunned.

 

Seated on the bed, he took the necklace, “I remember it you dropped it during our stay at the village. Back then, I tried searching for it, but the snow was too thick.” Closing in their gap, he put the necklace around Suyin’s neck, “This may not be the same as the one I gave you seven years ago, but the meaning behind of this necklace, it’s still the same.”

 

She held on his wrist, stopping him from clasping the necklace around her neck. “Stop…” Suyin said firmly. “It won’t be the same anymore…”

 

Ignoring what she had just said, Inhwan put it around her neck. Speaking right into her ear, he whispered “Congratulations…you look beautiful even in this simple dress.” To her surprise, he pecked on her cheek. Turning over to her brother, it was then that she realized their distance was so small. Looking into his eyes, her heart was beating fast as though it would jump out any time soon.

 

Without her notice, Inhwan closed in more and rested his lips on hers. “Oppa, what are you doing?” she was stunned. Bringing up her hands to his chest, she tried to push him away but he was too strong. Within seconds, he had topped her on the bed. The kiss was passionate as he deepened it. “I still love you…” Inhwan mumbled. He held on her hands as she moved more.

 

“This is wrong,” Suyin sobbed. “Please let go of my hands…”

 

-

 

“What’s taking her so long to come down?” Jaejoong folded his arms against his chest. “Your daughter taking too much time to dress herself,” he shook his head in annoyance.

 

Junsu rolled his eyes, “Hyung, you’re talking too much…”

 

“Where’s Inhwan?” Riin asked.

 

“There she goes,” Yunho pointed over to the staircase. “Yah, what’s wrong with you two? I bet he’ll be death anytime soon.”

 

“Shut up,” Riin glared at Yunho.

 

“Sorry…” covered his mouth with his hand. “I don’t mean it.”

 

“You almost ruined it, oppa.” Jessica elbowed his arm.

 

Placing his arm around his daughter’s shoulders, Junsu asked “Honey, why are your eyes puffy?”

 

Suyin knew her father had always been someone who owned sharp eyes, lowering her head, “The liquid eyeliner is too much for me…it hurt my eyes so much…”

 

Riin laughed, “Silly girl, didn’t I gave you another one…”

 

“Okay, let’s not waste anymore time…” Taemin clapped his hands.

 

“Taemin shi, where’s your hyung?” Inhwan asked.

 

Rubbing on the nape of her neck, Suyin said “Jonghyun won’t be coming. He’s stuck in an important conference meeting.”

 

“Noona…though hyung can’t make it for the party,” Taemin smiled mischievously, “but here’s a present for you from your beloved.”

 

Suyin was confused, “Present? But he had given me one before he went back to the office. Why is he giving me one again?” she rested her hand on the huge gift box before her.

 

Taemin held on Suyin’s hand, “Untie the ribbon and open it, then you’ll know what surprise awaiting you…”

 

Slowly untying the big sized ribbon, Suyin wasn’t sure what’s inside the box. As she open the cover, all of the sudden balloons flew up before her and what surprised her most was a man came out, it was Jonghyun.

 

“Surprise…” Jonghyun stood before her with colourful helium balloons in his right hand whilst his left hand was open forth as if welcoming his beloved fiancée. “Remember? My promise to you is no matter what happens, I’ll still be by your side. So how can I not be here?”

 

Tears were entering Suyin’s eyes, wrapping both her arms around Jonghyun tightly; he rested his on her petite waist as he allowed the balloons flew up the ceiling. Having his chin rested on her head, his smile was wide on his face. “Suyin, I love you…”

 

“Jonghyun shi…” tears rolled down her face.

 

Inhwan tightened his fist upon witnessing the sweet moment before him.

 

-

 

While arranging the presents on the closet, Suyin touched on the necklace Inhwan gave her awhile ago. She hat took it off and placed it on her dressing table.

 

“Is impossible, isn’t it? Why are you not letting go…”

 

-Seven Years Ago-

 

 

To be continue…

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything ~Valentine’s Special~//

 

110220