Seven.

The Pretty Barista

 

"I knew it!" Luhan said.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"I knew there was something with you and Taemin!" He accuses me.

"What? That we're friends...?"

Luhan rolls his eyes. "Look. You want to invite him to this thing we have where all our friends are going to be there? You want him to meet everyone?"

I nod, "Yeah, why not? He doesn't have a hard time making friends. I'm sure the other guys will like having someone new around."

"Okay, if that's your excuse."

"Seriously, Luhan. What is your problem?" I decide to just go ahead and ask him.

"It's not a problem… it's just… nevermind. You know what? I'm glad you made friends with Taemin. I'm happy for you, Jongin."

OKAY. That was weird. I will never understand Luhan and his logic. I swear he overthinks things way too much. But I don't question him and leave it at that.

"Err… thanks I guess." Was my awkward reply.

He quickly changes the topic. "So! Are you up for ping-pong later?"

"Where? At Yixing's?"

"No, in the clubhouse." Luhan gives me a look like I'm stupid.

"Like I would know?" I snort.

There is no moment that goes by, when Luhan and I are together, that we don't get into some kind of argument. Today, we came from the community garage sale. That's where we met up. It was this thing where home owners in the neighborhood all gathered in the covered court and sold some of their old stuff or personal products.

We were now on our way to Sehun's house. His mom was one of the people who participated in the sale. She sold her really yummy baked goods.

"Anyway… so? Are you coming or not?"

"Who else is going?"

"Yixing, Sehun, Baekhyun…" He trailed off.

"Us again? I am ing sick of your faces." I laugh.

"." Luhan chuckles. "Oh? So you're sick of our faces but never Sehun's?"

"I kinda just got used to it. Like how you never really get sick of seeing your mom walk through the door." I tell him.

He laughs at that. "I think Kyungsoo is coming, too."

I shrug, "Sure, why not? I really don't have anything else to do anyway."

"Great! We can play doubles." Luhan grins mischievously.

"Yixing and I will kick your !"

"In your dreams! Baekhyun and I are the table tennis champions, if you don't remember."

"Pfff. In what world?"

Luhan was going to protest, but I see his eyes immediately dart to the house across us. "…does Sehun even know we're coming over?"

I laugh. We literally just self-invited ourselves to Sehun's house.

"I alway pop in uninvited anyway… it'll be fine." I reassure Luhan.

 

In 10 minutes, we were inside Sehun's room playing Just Dance 3.

Sehun wasn't in the room because he went and got dressed, cause we were going to head out to the clubhouse to have a late lunch and play ping-pong with our other friends.

"OH MY GOD! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL !" Sehun is suddenly back inside his room and laughing at Luhan and I.

"Speak for yourself!" Luhan says bitterly, rocking his hips.

"Sehun and I never dance to this song, Lulu." I say trying to follow as best as I can. "But you know this even better than the simulations!" I tease as we turn around.

"Oh god. This needs to be videotaped." Sehun immediately grabs his phone from his bed.

I could understand why Sehun was amused. If I had walked in on two of my friends dancing to Beyonce and Shakira's Beautiful Liar, I'd be on the floor, clutching my stomach laughing. It wasn't just any dance, though. Luhan and I followed the simulator, trying our best at 'belly dancing'.

I wasn't even mad when Luhan got the highest score in that song.

"So… Belly dancing…" I start.

"Shush. It's my cousin's favorite song."

"Mhmm. Sure, if that's your excuse." I mock him.

"Go choke on a chocolate bar or something."

I laugh. Luhan could be such a sour sport.

"Let's do Baby One More Time!" I quickly say, going through the song selections.

"I'll join in for Britney." Sehun laughs and takes the spot to the right of Luhan, and we begin another round of Just Dance.

 

An hour later, we find ourselves in the lobby of our neighborhood's clubhouse. As kids, we used to always hang out here. There were so many things to do. We ate lunch with our families and friends. And when our mom's got spa treatments or massages or if our dad's played golf, we could do things like swim or bowl, play in the arcade or play table tennis while we waited for them. And then gradually, we started coming here less and less. Every now and then, this was our meeting spot with our friends.

"Chanyeol and Kyungsoo have a table already." Luhan tells us, checking his phone for messages. Then we approach the only eating area of the clubhouse.

"Are they inside or outside?"

"Probably outside…" Luhan says. "Ogling at the girls in their bikinis."

I laugh at his comment. The outside eating area had a great view of the pools.

Finally, we found their table, and true enough, it was one near the railing separating the clubhouse deck from the pool.

"Hey!" Chanyeol greets us happily.

"HI!!!" We return the greeting just as enthusiastically. It's been almost 3 weeks since we haven't seen Chanyeol or Kyungsoo. Usually, our group meets up every one or two weeks at least. After our exchange of hi's and hello's, we take our seats in the big square table.

"Who else is coming?" I look at Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

"Lay's on his way," Chanyeol says. "And Baekhyun and Suho are coming from the garage sale."

"Oh! Kai and I just came from there. Sehun's mom actually has a booth."

"Yeah?" How was it? Kyungsoo questions.

"It was okay." I shrug.

"Nothing interesting?"

"Depends on what you find interesting, really…" I say, "But there wasn't that much variety."

"Hey! That means we're going to be complete today!" Sehun points out.

That's right. It's been about 2 months since we had a complete group gathering. Mostly Kyungsoo and Suho who weren't able to make it. They were those kids who did well and got excellence awards in school. So, they had a lot of extra curricular activities and clubs and orgs they were a part of.

"You guys should order anyway." Kyungsoo says. "We already did."

They didn't have to tell me twice, I already had my hands on one of the menus.


I just love writing the Exo boys together. XD sorry for the lack of TaeKai. There will be more soon! ^______^ all my thank you's to everyone reading, as usual. <3

another shout out to my partner, Octoberettes!
I miss you! /gives you the biggest hug/ [an awkward hug for an awkward turtle xD ]