An Unexpected Meeting

Seoul Scenarios

 

 

sandraerwyna27

JR (Nu'est) & Dasom (SISTAR)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was a sunny afternoon as Dasom sat on a bench overlooking the Han River. She closed her eyes as she listened to the light strumming of a guitar being played somewhere far off in the distance feeling the warmth of the sunlight radiating on her milky white skin. It was one of those rare days where she could partially take a day off being an idol.

From all of the times she had visited the river, she enjoyed seeing the bright smiles on everyone’s faces, it was definitely the magic of the Han River, and there were rare occasions where others would recognise her and ask for an autograph.

“Noona,” someone whispered in her ear, causing her to slightly jump from shock out of her daydream. “You’re still the same Dasom Noona I knew from high school.” He chuckled as he took a seat beside her.

“J-Jonghyunnie?” She stuttered, too surprised for her words to come out of properly.

“It’s JR,” He cheekily grinned as she playfully punched him, “I didn’t know you still came here.”  

She sighed and Jonghyun silently waited, anticipating her response.

“I guess there are just some things I don’t want to forget,” She carefully spoke, her voice slowly becoming barely a whisper. Jonghyun smiled as he casually swung his arm over her shoulder.

“What things?” He pressed on, already knowing her answer.

“What about you, Jonghyun-ah?” She skilfully changed the topic, smiling a little, “What brings you here?”

“I guess there are some things I want to retrieve,” He mocked, carefully watching every one of her reactions.

“Like what?” She eyed him, curiosity killing her slowly.

“I broke up with my girlfriend five years ago so that she could pursue her dream of becoming a singer.” He replied, unable to stop smiling, “do you know where I can find her?”

“Ahhh… her,” Dasom played along, “She’s been seen wandering around here once in a while. Is there anything you have to say to her?”

Jonghyun paused as he carefully thought over the right words to say. Although he didn’t overly show it, he was extremely nervous knowing that his chances were gone if he messed up this opportunity.

“I want to tell her that I love her and will never let her go. What I did to her five years ago was the biggest mistake I’ve ever made and I’ve been regretting it ever since.” He was unable to look at her, his fists still clenched tightly, “I know I have no romantic way of confessing to her, but all I can show is my sincerity.” They sat together, comfortably in silence for a few minutes, but to Jonghyun it felt like hours. “Noona…say something.”

She stayed quiet.

“Noona?”

She tried so hard to hold it in, but tears started to roll down her face. “Yah… Kim Jonghyun.” She was unable to stop crying, “Do you know how many times I’ve sat at this bench hoping I would one day bump into you?” She was telling the truth. Every single time Dasom sat here, she thought over all the things she would say to Jonghyun if she happened to meet him but all those thoughts had disappeared at that moment.

“I’m here now aren’t I?” He smiled.

“You’re five years late, Jonghyun.”  She pouted; her tears had finally come to an end.

“Hey! But we’re both sitting here after both accomplishing our dreams,” Jonghyun assured her, and she leaned her head against his chest. His embrace felt so warm and familiar. “Dasom Noona?”

“Yes?”

“Do you think we could start again?”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

My very first reader ~~ Here is your request^^

I really hope you liked it

Thanks^^